April 23, 2014 | 939 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Reserve Your Cabana

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because it was 40% off at Rite Aid and it matches my skin color. Therefore I thought it would make a good finishing powder. Looks slightly pale in the pan, but evened me out and gave me a slight glow when applied. To be honest, I used the same brush I previously was using for my Candlelight powder without washing it out first, because I was so eager to try this product. Therefore, I cannot judge whether this is truly matte or more luminizing, or if it would look natural in the sun. :( My bad. But this is cheaper than dirt, and you'll probably be glad you tried it if you have the chance!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by PLuaraBeauty

This is an alright brozer i have to use alot to make it show on my skin, so i end up going through it quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

I can't believe this is pretty much a matte highlighter you can find at the drugstore! Even though it's marketed as a bronzer I'm sure they were going for it to be used as a highlight. I use this everyday on my brow bone and sometimes even as an everyday eyeshadow. It works lovely! Not to mention you get a lifetime worth of product! lol I use this more often than my mary loumanizer by the balm. The packaging isn't the best but who cares! The product is awesome, blend-able, pigmented, soft, buttery and it's MATTE it also costs no more than $4 I believe. This is a must have!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kr7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing! Seriously, a gorgeous setting powder. I saw a dupe video on You Tube comparing this to one of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. This was a great substitution for one of the shades from the Hourglass line, I believe it was Diffused light, the more yellow-based shade (just go to You Tube and search for Wet N Wild Reserve your Cabana and it's the video titled "DUPE ALERT!!! Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder $4 Drugstore Dupe!"). I agree that this is the best dupe out there for the price, easy accessibility and the simple paraben-free ingredient list (and WnW is a cruelty free brand which is a must in my book!) which makes this my go-to setting powder. It is gorgeous and gives you this lit-from-within glow...nothing like a highlighter with tons of sheen or shimmer but, rather, an overall softness that blurs your imperfections. I use it under my eyes and very lightly all over my face. It doesn't settle into my fine lines or large pores and it doesn't make me look greasy. I am so very happy with this product and recommend it all the time.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not actually a bronzer but more of a highlighter and a damn good one at that. Super subtle highlighter is pretty, unobtrusive and has NO chunks of glitter or visible shimmer whatsoever. Great for highlighting wherever you want on your face - cheeks, down the center of the nose, under the eyebrows, etc. - without looking obvious. Not really a distinctive color - not a pink or yellow highlighter like many others - so it can probably work for most skin tones.
Doesn't last more than a couple hours without fading, though.

The pan is gigantic and will last forever - as long as you don't drop it, as it will surely shatter. I wouldn't even recommend putting it in a purse or makeup bag (I've already had one break so I know how easily it does - and how messy that can be). It's crazy cheap at $4. The powder is finely-milled and a good texture.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

Dupe for Nars NICO...not really a bronzer or a highlighter but just a good finishing powder or alone. You have to buff this in or it will be cakey. Let it morph and you will for $3.00 have a beautiful finished look. The dome on the packaging allows for a nice puff so it's good to go, but there is no mirror, that's fine. It's a great product and a nice pick-me-up. Def in the category of Nars and Dior~

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Very wallet friendly ;)
-Doesn't read glittery once applied
-Not too dark or harsh on pale skin IME
-Gives a natural glow

Cons:
-Can accentuate dryness or blemishes because it is not matte
-It has a fragrance to it, which some people may not like
-The packaging can get dirty (which is really just a small complaint)

Overall:
I bought mine at Walgreen's I don't remember the exact price but it can't be more than $5. I have pale skin but this bronzer didn't look too dark in the packaging. This also has glitter in it, which can accentuate dry skin or blemishes. When I used this I was scared it would look too shimmery or to dark on me, but to my surprise it looked very nice. Rather than looking unnatural and glittery, it looked warm and glowy on my skin. Another thing that I noticed was the scent, which to me was comparable to the smell of sunscreen. The only negative that I have to say is that the packaging gets dirty quickly, the clear top part gets covered in powder and doesn't look pretty. Overall I would repurchase due to the price and how nice it made my skin look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by seaofLove87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolute favorite highlighter/setting powder. Before this, I used The Balms Mary Lou & loved it. Now I see how harsh, chunky & frosty The Balm's was compared to WNW's. This powder looks so beautiful on the cheekbones, inner ducts, down the nose, and on the cupids bow. It makes me look glowy without the glitter bomb look. I also started using this to set underneath my eyes to brighten them up, as well as all over the lids. For the price and size you get, no complaints here. Holy grail product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an interesting product, because I like it, but I'm not really sure exactly what to call it. On my pale skin, it's too dark to use as a highlighter, but too light to really consider it a "bronzer". Whatever it is, though, I find it to be high quality and flattering. It really just gives a bit of dimension to pale skin. You get a ton of product for the cheap price, and it blends naturally - I have dry skin, and it doesn't cake or enhance dryness like a lot of powders do. I initially became curious about this because it seemed like an almost-dupe for Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder at $4 vs $40, and though I haven't used the latter, it does seem to give a very similar effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jababy3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this as a setting powder over my Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation. The Stay Fabulous is a wonderful foundation but is very matte and can leave me looking dry. Reserve Your Cabana brings a glow back to the face after using a very mattifying foundation. I apply it very lightly all over my face with a big fluffy brush. I am loving it.