Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 7/15/2015 4:33:00 PM

I've heard so much about this product over the years.and up until recently, i always skipped wet n wild, reminded me too much of being in 7th grade and just starting to be interested in makeup. However, i tried a few other hyped up product (one of the fergie highlighters & Bare it All matte lippie) and was completely mind blown, so i picked this up.

First of all, you get sooooooooooooooooooooooo much product for a few bucks. Its literally available almost everywhere, so thats a plus for convenience.

The packaging sucks, like most wet and wild packaging. If i dropped this once (which i'm bound to do because i'm clumsy!) it looks like it would become a hot mess.

I do find it extremely powdery.

When i swatched it on my arm it left such a beautiful sheen, it really glowed, i was so excited! But when i tried to put it on my cheekbones, it disappeared, wasn't visible at all =( I'm hopping i'm just currently too tan(or maybe not tan enough, as my arms are tanner than my face {i always use sunscreen on my face})

I did find it to be perfect as a brow bone highlight and for highlighting the bridge of my nose, which for some reason was a bit more noticeable than on my cheeks.

I even like this as a all over subtle luminious setting powder, it gives off just the tiny about of "sparkle"/glow

I really like that this product can be used for multiple things.

Marketed as a bronzer and hyped as an affordable highlighter, Reserve Your Cabana was just TOO lackluster. I've tried this as a highlighter, as an allover setting powder, as an eyeshadow, all to no avail. This is the first powder highlight I've tried as I wanted something safe that wouldn't translate as a disco ball on my cheeks. I typically use Benefit Watt's Up! which I really love due to its golden-champagne finish, and I have to say, I was expecting something softer and less metallic that could compare.

Reserve Your Cabana does not come anywhere in the vicinity of Watt's Up!. When I dab--and BARELY touch the product--with my Real Techniques setting brush, I manage to kick up a lot of powder. Through my numerous attempts at getting this highlighter to work, the compact has gotten so powdery that I can take product from the lid and still have excess to tap off. On another vein of packaging: it's big and bulky and dome-shaped. I'm one to keep my daily products in a makeup bag for easier access, and this just wouldn't fit among my other staples, even if I did like it.

Aesthetics aside, this might work on someone who's very fair. I'm an olive NC20-25 and this gave me a super white cast that I could see in the mirror. I didn't have to bother with flash photography to know that this would photography terribly (although, of course, I tried it anyway to prove my point to my disbelieving mother). It does give a pretty, subtle sheen, but the white cast from the SPF lightens my bronzer, blush, and is generally just not flattering.

This would be a really nice everyday highlight for fair skin--maybe up to N15 even, but it just wasn't satisfactory enough for my light-medium skin tone and overall just a very "meh" product. Despite it being tossed into the back of my makeup drawer and rarely ever reached for, I probably won't return because it makes a decent enough browbone highlight for when I'm using mostly matte eyeshadows, but I definitely will not repurchase.

Honestly, the domed packaging is cluttering up the rest of my stash too. Call me shallow, but I just can't get past that. Most likely gifting this to my mom because she thought the sheen was pretty (even though she's NC30), so to each their own.

Ok I'm an idiot. I thought this really was a bronzer cause ya know it says bronzer right on the package...haha wet n wild you got me...

I am pretty pale but this stuff actually made me paler...until I came on here and realized everyone uses it as a highlighter. AAH That makes more sense.

You get a lot for the price and as far as a highlighter it's pretty decent. It's one of those products when you swirl your brush a ton of product comes off so you need to be light with the brush. It's a little light for me since it's summer time and i'm tan otherwise this would be perfect for my winter skin

on 7/11/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I use this as a setting powder and over Bikini Contest (to tone down the redness) Mine is over two years old and just reached pan in it. The cover had broken at the hinge, so it has a couple of rubber bands over it, lol. Mine is not very sparkly for some reason, so, I use this by itself sometimes in the winter to combat the dullness of my skin. It is great as a setting powder over my Cover Girl 3 in 1, or a BB cream. I also noticed that in my opinion, it replaces the discontinued Maybelline Dream Matte powder. Not, that this is matte by any means, but it does keep the oilies at bay for a couple of hours.

on 7/10/2015 11:06:00 PM

I love this as a highlight, gives a beautiful glow to the skin👍.

on 7/2/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is lovely highlighter especially or someone whos just starting to do makeup and doesnt want to spend tons of money on expensive stuff.
Only problem i have with this why the hell would you call it a bronzer like whats up wet'n'wild change the name fir crist sake.

on 6/30/2015 1:21:00 PM

This is marketed as a bronzer but I find it to be a highlighter. I think depending on your skin tone this could be either. So, olive/tan ladies this is a great highlighter. It's around $3 and it's huge. There is some glitter in it but face powder should tone that down. I highly recommend

on 6/19/2015 6:31:00 PM

This is my HG setting powder, I'm currently on my third and will continue to buy this over & over because I love it so much. Matte skin is not for me, I love dewy glowing skin and this is that in a pan, it is certainly not a bronzer, and for me personally it's not quite luminous enough to be a highlighter. There is no glitter and it's not chalky at all, just a beautiful finely milled powder that sets my make-up & lasts all day. For reference, I'm Nars shade Deauville and this matches my skin and warms it up perfectly, I just buff it in with my real techniques powder brush and my skin literally comes to life and glows from within, then just pop some bronzer and highlighter on top.
The only thing I can compare this to is Hourglass Luminous light, which I absolutely adore but cannot justify the hefty price tag when this is compared on size and quality. I cannot rave about this enough and hope it is never discontinued.

on 6/16/2015 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I'm pretty much a makeup snob. Sad but true... I literally ignore a lot of the cheap drugstore brands and save up for Guerlain creams, dips makeup etc.... This little guy was abandoned at the register so I swatched it while waiting in line. Looked like a nice subtle highlight. Liked it but left it because it wasn't Chanel. At the end of the day, this was still swatched nicley and glowy on my hand. I went out and bought it right away and loved it for all over finishing powder since I'm light skined. This is beautiful I'm a forever fan, reminded me of gentle glow loose powder discontinued by clinique. Wet n wild sure has changed, and in a good way. (Wish the packaging was cuter) works just like a high end powder!!! Seriously thinking of depoting it into my Chanel loose powder jar lol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite low end highlighter for fair-skinned girls. I never have to worry about looking like a disco ball with this. I apply it with a fan brush (I use the one I purchased from Icing) and get a lovely glow.