July 22, 2014 | 2390 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - REVLON COLORSTAY CRÈME GEL EYE LINER (all colors)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Colorstay foundation and concealer AND lipstick. But this... I'm so torn over it. Once I finally get it on evenly, it looks ok and it does last all day. However the consistency is very dry, the tiny brush is a joke, the design of the pot makes it hard to get it on the brush evenly, and Plum is sparkly, which I hate. So if I was hard up I might buy this again, but there's really better gel liners. I adore L'Oréal Infallible but there is no purple! This wasn't quite as dry textured as Maybelline but still nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TucsonKat

I love this stuff!!! I just bought it today and I may go back and get more colors. I bought the charcoal and find the coverage is perfect. I often find that liquid liner is too harsh looking on me with my light skin, light eyes, and dark hair and the wetness of liquid just makes it hard for me to apply. Regular liner usually smudges on me. The gel liner was a breeze. The little brush is well constructed for the product and I was easily able to whip it on with a little wing. I hope the staying power is up to snuff, but for someone who just wants to swipe and go and still be a little glamorous, I'm not opposed to reapplying a little later for a big bang in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by katherinebertrand

Bought this because I wanted some gel eyeliner and honestly it wasn't fantastic. Bad texture, hard to work with, brush fitted in the top was useless and fell out and it dried up too quickly. It did have good staying power though and was a good colour although I expected better from Revlon and I wouldn't recommend it, the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner is a million times better and easier to work with!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Lynneden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple months ago, I have to say I like the little brush that came with it was convenient. It was also on the cheaper side and it was my first time trying gel eyeliner. Anyways, I always applied pencil eyeliner under revlon cs, and it stayed on decently well, didn't smudge for quite a few hours. Which is lucky for me because I have oily eyelids. The problems with cs is that it's not a smooth application, at all. It's hard to make that nice cat eye design without it looking bumpy when using cs. When you use it on it's own though, it smudges a lot during the day. I didn't mind this product, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the brown colour which has mica, which is not bad, it doesn't feel uncomfortable or gritty when you apply it on. I bought this online because I couldn't find one locally. I thought it would be great for travelling with the little brush attached on the lid, which is very similar to my Tony Moly liner.

Sadly, this eyeliner is near useless to me as a eyeliner. Although it is easy to apply & does not irritate my sensitive eyes, it doesn't seem to dry & set. The colour is a light brown - not opaque at all, so you need to apply several layers. For me, this wouldn't even stay on the waterline. To make best use of this, I would use it as a base for a smokey eye, which I don't wear often.
The worst part of this eyeliner is the packaging. There isn't much product, so the jar is VERY small & deep. You have to dip pretty deep to get any product on your brush. I found I overshoot & end up with a big blob on my brush.

I have a picture of the product compared to my other gel eyeliner packages. Don't get me wrong, I have used other smaller jars, but this jar is such horrid to work with. It was so bad it compelled me to take a picture of it, lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted something that would last and thinking colorstay I felt 12 hours was great. Opps I got 12 but it dried so hard on my eyes. It was a pain to take off and was sticky while heavy. Over time the bottle dried out fast even with keeping closed tight and in a dark place. Not a product for me:

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholica82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros: Interesting packaging, pretty convenient as far as eyeliners with separate brushes go. Nice colour pigmentation

Cons: smudges after a full work day (8 hours) and if I use an eyelash curler right after it smudges like mad and just comes off. This also flakes throughout the day. Not as good as my HG clinique gel eyeliner!

Verdict: Do not buy unless you want to waste $10

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So stopped by CVS to pickup something else, and decided to look into the makeup section. I wanted to try my hand at gel liner for the first time, so I picked up Colorstay creme gel eyeliner in black since I heard somewhat good reviews on here for it. That weekend I decided to do a test run and I wasn't impressed. For one, I couldn't even get the little brush thing to click into the cap, so I just used that on its own to apply it. Seems like with this you have to work fast or it becomes goopy and blobby upon application. Just chilling around my place it didn't fade much. However, the following weekend when I hate a date, I decided to use it again, but with my angled eyeliner brush for better application. CS gel liner was no match for the humid Florida heat, by the end of the day it was faded down. I will give it credit that the pigment was strong, and easy to remove only because it couldn't hold up anyway. I love the heck out of Revlon's CS foundation, but I guess lightning can't strike twice, oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom gave this to me, so I really don't know the price, but it's a fairly good liner. Honestly, I think Revlon's best products are the lip items. I have it in black, it's pretty good quality, I like how the brush is attached to the cap. I don't feel like the product was pigmented as much as other gel liners, like Maybelline. I had to go over my makeup several times before it was that dramatic blackk it should have been. I wear a thick cat eye, so I thought maybe I didn't put enough product on the brush and I was spreading it too thin, but I don't think that's what happened. The pot is kind of weird too because the opening is so narrow, I know it sounds like I'm being picky, but it is weird to use. I guess I'd rebuy, but if you're looking for a really good drug store gel liner, Maybelline is the way to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Vana104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worst gel eyeliner ever!!! waste of money. Cheaper gel eyeliners i've bought works better. It does not go on smoothly and it dries out really quickly.