April 19, 2014 | 1759 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - REVLON COLORSTAY CRÈME GEL EYE LINER (all colors)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted something that would last and thinking colorstay I felt 12 hours was great. Opps I got 12 but it dried so hard on my eyes. It was a pain to take off and was sticky while heavy. Over time the bottle dried out fast even with keeping closed tight and in a dark place. Not a product for me:

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholica82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros: Interesting packaging, pretty convenient as far as eyeliners with separate brushes go. Nice colour pigmentation

Cons: smudges after a full work day (8 hours) and if I use an eyelash curler right after it smudges like mad and just comes off. This also flakes throughout the day. Not as good as my HG clinique gel eyeliner!

Verdict: Do not buy unless you want to waste $10

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So stopped by CVS to pickup something else, and decided to look into the makeup section. I wanted to try my hand at gel liner for the first time, so I picked up Colorstay creme gel eyeliner in black since I heard somewhat good reviews on here for it. That weekend I decided to do a test run and I wasn't impressed. For one, I couldn't even get the little brush thing to click into the cap, so I just used that on its own to apply it. Seems like with this you have to work fast or it becomes goopy and blobby upon application. Just chilling around my place it didn't fade much. However, the following weekend when I hate a date, I decided to use it again, but with my angled eyeliner brush for better application. CS gel liner was no match for the humid Florida heat, by the end of the day it was faded down. I will give it credit that the pigment was strong, and easy to remove only because it couldn't hold up anyway. I love the heck out of Revlon's CS foundation, but I guess lightning can't strike twice, oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom gave this to me, so I really don't know the price, but it's a fairly good liner. Honestly, I think Revlon's best products are the lip items. I have it in black, it's pretty good quality, I like how the brush is attached to the cap. I don't feel like the product was pigmented as much as other gel liners, like Maybelline. I had to go over my makeup several times before it was that dramatic blackk it should have been. I wear a thick cat eye, so I thought maybe I didn't put enough product on the brush and I was spreading it too thin, but I don't think that's what happened. The pot is kind of weird too because the opening is so narrow, I know it sounds like I'm being picky, but it is weird to use. I guess I'd rebuy, but if you're looking for a really good drug store gel liner, Maybelline is the way to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Vana104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worst gel eyeliner ever!!! waste of money. Cheaper gel eyeliners i've bought works better. It does not go on smoothly and it dries out really quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by daphne_76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It looks like I'm in the minority as one who really likes this product. For one thing, it comes in a nice range of colors, including my favorite charcoal that I like to use to subtly enhance my blue eyes. For some reason, it's difficult to find good grey and charcoal liners at the drugstore, and I've tried most of them. This one is a pretty, matte blue-based charcoal, and nicely pigmented. I normally prefer liquid liners to cream ones, but this liner's creamier consistency is a nice compromise. As a practiced liquid liner user, I find that the product applies quite well for me, sort of like a cross between a liquid and gel liner. I don't have any problems creating a thin or thick line, or a winged look if I like. Perhaps the more liquid texture is the reason people are having application issues? Just a guess. I do like the packaging, but find I need to clean the brush regularly with makeup wipes to keep the product from building up. Overall, this is a nice option for me, and I probably will keep using it until I find something in the same price range I like better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by aiw06

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

just bought this and have tried it a couple of days, and will return it today. It does not go on smoothly at all, color wont stick, I can't make a smooth line with it. It seems really dry, not like a gel. Maybe it is old or something but I just opened it. However the stuff I actually got on my eye did stay there and didn't smudge all day so I wish it worked correctly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I am not a huge fan of gel eye liner. This could be because i am very clumsy and mess up often when applying makeup but my eyeliner always looks like a hot mess when using this. If you mess up it is so hard to remove around your eye areas and i find myself having to start over several times just to get one eye done. Revlon's color stay eyeliner feels very cheap to me and the brush is poorly made.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by nathanki

It is actually quite creamy compare to Maybellines gel liner. I would love to repurchase it but it only stays on for about 2-3 hours then either it starts to fade away or it transfers to your lower lash line and you end up looking like a raccoon. The brush is the same as Maybelline's gel liner except its smaller. Would not reccomend :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by From_skies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not gel, but rather stone. I got it when it was new, so it can't be an old jar or sht. Just genuine crap. I usually don't absolutely hate products so this is a precedent for me. I just cannot think of any good reason to keep this product. Apart from this liner, Revlon make my HG fdt in many years now though, so if you're willing to try a real good product by them, go for Colorstay fdt or the new HD mascara (the HD fdt was also immense crap)