April 17, 2014 | 1227 users online

Polishes - OPI - I Have a Herring Problem

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This colour is kind of grey/blue with a hint of glitter, it's a very nice colour but it takes a few coats to get it opaque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by eleventwentyseven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

With the right pale skin tone, this color is super vampy. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This colour looked a lot more grey than blue on my nails as compared to the bottle. That was the onyl disappointment, however. If I had not expected a polish that was more blue-based I would have loved this polish- subtle and subdued but still pretty and shimmery. Application, like most other OPIs, was a dream. Opaque in 2 coats and self-leveling. A great polish, just don't be fooled by the colour in the bottle!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish! It's a great shimmery blue-grey colour for spring, I'm not so sure about summer because I love wearing bright colours. This polish, as other reviewers have stated, goes opaque in about two coats. I usually don't add a top coat to shimmery polishes as it seems to make them trickier to remove. This polish has pretty good wear as far as that's cocerned. I can usually go a few days without a touch up. Great polish even if it is a tad pricey. Totally worth it for the quality and colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sasami1jj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this polish. I normally change my polish 2x a week. since I got this one I find myself not doing anything until I need to redo this color. This is a beautiful Blue/Gray/Periwinkle with a lovely shimmer not too overwhelming, and not too calm either. This polish goes easily from office to the pool/lake/club anywhere you can think of. The formula is also quite nice. It goes on smooth and dries quickly. 1 coat it is sheer but after the 2n coat it is perfect on me. Even if you are not a fan of blues this one is worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Perthro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a unique blue polish from OPI's Holland Collection. It's a light, muted, cool blue with hints of grey with silver glitters. Application was smooth and opacity was fair (3 coats to really get the full color too show).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite an unusual color thats worth the $8-9 price tag. It's a muted slate- blue with gold and silver fine shimmer. The shimmer shows up quite subtle giving the nails a nice glassy effect rather than chunky glitter.

It somewhat does remind me of Essie Smooth Sailing as one reviewer stated however.. I would say, think of this as Smooth Sailing on an overcast day because it's definitely not as vibrant or as "happy". It's quite a moody soft kind of color. I think if you're a fan of understated blues and grey nail polish then this is worth an add to your collection. I find this to be the "spring" color for girls who love vampy shades. I usually stick with really dark polishes but tend to not be too comfortable with brights or pastels.. while this is nothing close to black, it's not an in-your-face type of blue nor will it come off too "old lady" either.

Otherwise the color takes about 2 coats minimum for full opacity. Typical decent OPI wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its an expensive brand so, it was like $8.50 at the pharmacy. But it took about 3 coats to get the full shimmery blue, still its a great color for spring (But not summer..)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pretty, dusty medium blue with slight grey shimmer. Opaque after 2 coats and looks great and has a smooth application like all OPI polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Have A Herring Problem is part of OPI Holland 2012 Collection. This is a greyish blue. It is a dusty blue grey base with lots of micro silver, goldish green shimmer. The shimmer is very fine and subtile.
Application is great. Very versatile color, works all year around. One coat provides good coverage but I usually make it two coats. Staying power is also very nice. I am usually not into grey/blue colors but this one is very nice. I'd repurchase. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No