OPI I Have a Herring Problem

4.3

Wonderful color and very flattering against my skin tone. It goes great with blues and greys. It can be worn casually and for special occasions.

on 11/22/2012 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

In the bottle, this looks like a very pretty blue/teal/grey with chunky gold and silver glitter and I was so excited to try this on.
However, it is very sheer and streaky, so that you need 3 coats to get the colour in the bottle. I find that just ridiculous! Add to that the fact that the glitter particles feel rather coarse, not fine, and you'll end up with a nightmare when it comes to removing it.
Disappointed.

on 10/3/2012 11:17:00 AM

This was my first blue nail polish and still one of my very favorite polishes ever. It is a kind of medium denim blue with a little grey and some silver sparkle that is opaque with two coats. I don't love the OPI pro-wide brush because my nail beds are very small, but it gets easier with practice. The color is fairly subtle and very flattering. I always use base coat and top coat and I change my nail color pretty often so I haven't had any trouble with chipping or staining. Zoya makes a dupe called Skyler but I Have a Herring Problem is vastly superior and a real stand-out from the OPI Holland collection. Very highly recommended.

on 7/29/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a gorgeous colour from the Holland collection. It is like a turquoisey-ocean-blue. Very light, has a pretty sparkle to it. Here is my breakdown:
Colour: 5/5
Application: 3/5
The application wasn't great. It took three coats, and there were a couple of nails that looked like they could use a forth. It was far from the worst application I've ever experienced, but it doesn't apply as nicely as other OPIs. That being said, the colour payoff was well worth the application- I'd definitely reccommend!

on 7/18/2012 12:56:00 PM

Love this colour, very unique. In dim light just looks like a blue grey creme, but in sunlight or regular light has very pretty subtle flecks of glitter.

I layered Butter London No More Waity Katie (chunky lavender with silver and pink glitter) over it, which looked great. Also tried Nicole Such a Go-Glitter over top (a very fine cobalt and silver glitter in a clear base) and that rocked too.

But my favourite combo is 2 coats of IHaHP with a coat of Essie matte about you topcoat overtop. Makes the colour look very industrial and 2 shades lighter, but glitter flecks still show through.

Very versatile!

on 7/17/2012 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This colour is kind of grey/blue with a hint of glitter, it's a very nice colour but it takes a few coats to get it opaque

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

With the right pale skin tone, this color is super vampy. LOVE IT!

on 5/13/2012 1:18:00 AM

This colour looked a lot more grey than blue on my nails as compared to the bottle. That was the onyl disappointment, however. If I had not expected a polish that was more blue-based I would have loved this polish- subtle and subdued but still pretty and shimmery. Application, like most other OPIs, was a dream. Opaque in 2 coats and self-leveling. A great polish, just don't be fooled by the colour in the bottle!

on 5/10/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this nail polish! It's a great shimmery blue-grey colour for spring, I'm not so sure about summer because I love wearing bright colours. This polish, as other reviewers have stated, goes opaque in about two coats. I usually don't add a top coat to shimmery polishes as it seems to make them trickier to remove. This polish has pretty good wear as far as that's cocerned. I can usually go a few days without a touch up. Great polish even if it is a tad pricey. Totally worth it for the quality and colour.

on 5/10/2012 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I LOVE this polish. I normally change my polish 2x a week. since I got this one I find myself not doing anything until I need to redo this color. This is a beautiful Blue/Gray/Periwinkle with a lovely shimmer not too overwhelming, and not too calm either. This polish goes easily from office to the pool/lake/club anywhere you can think of. The formula is also quite nice. It goes on smooth and dries quickly. 1 coat it is sheer but after the 2n coat it is perfect on me. Even if you are not a fan of blues this one is worth a shot.

Popular Polishes