August 23, 2014 | 1135 users online

Polishes - OPI - I Have a Herring Problem

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first blue nail polish and still one of my very favorite polishes ever. It is a kind of medium denim blue with a little grey and some silver sparkle that is opaque with two coats. I don't love the OPI pro-wide brush because my nail beds are very small, but it gets easier with practice. The color is fairly subtle and very flattering. I always use base coat and top coat and I change my nail color pretty often so I haven't had any trouble with chipping or staining. Zoya makes a dupe called Skyler but I Have a Herring Problem is vastly superior and a real stand-out from the OPI Holland collection. Very highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is a gorgeous colour from the Holland collection. It is like a turquoisey-ocean-blue. Very light, has a pretty sparkle to it. Here is my breakdown:
Colour: 5/5
Application: 3/5
The application wasn't great. It took three coats, and there were a couple of nails that looked like they could use a forth. It was far from the worst application I've ever experienced, but it doesn't apply as nicely as other OPIs. That being said, the colour payoff was well worth the application- I'd definitely reccommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ticklishgypsy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this colour, very unique. In dim light just looks like a blue grey creme, but in sunlight or regular light has very pretty subtle flecks of glitter.

I layered Butter London No More Waity Katie (chunky lavender with silver and pink glitter) over it, which looked great. Also tried Nicole Such a Go-Glitter over top (a very fine cobalt and silver glitter in a clear base) and that rocked too.

But my favourite combo is 2 coats of IHaHP with a coat of Essie matte about you topcoat overtop. Makes the colour look very industrial and 2 shades lighter, but glitter flecks still show through.

Very versatile!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This colour is kind of grey/blue with a hint of glitter, it's a very nice colour but it takes a few coats to get it opaque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by eleventwentyseven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

With the right pale skin tone, this color is super vampy. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This colour looked a lot more grey than blue on my nails as compared to the bottle. That was the onyl disappointment, however. If I had not expected a polish that was more blue-based I would have loved this polish- subtle and subdued but still pretty and shimmery. Application, like most other OPIs, was a dream. Opaque in 2 coats and self-leveling. A great polish, just don't be fooled by the colour in the bottle!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish! It's a great shimmery blue-grey colour for spring, I'm not so sure about summer because I love wearing bright colours. This polish, as other reviewers have stated, goes opaque in about two coats. I usually don't add a top coat to shimmery polishes as it seems to make them trickier to remove. This polish has pretty good wear as far as that's cocerned. I can usually go a few days without a touch up. Great polish even if it is a tad pricey. Totally worth it for the quality and colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sasami1jj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this polish. I normally change my polish 2x a week. since I got this one I find myself not doing anything until I need to redo this color. This is a beautiful Blue/Gray/Periwinkle with a lovely shimmer not too overwhelming, and not too calm either. This polish goes easily from office to the pool/lake/club anywhere you can think of. The formula is also quite nice. It goes on smooth and dries quickly. 1 coat it is sheer but after the 2n coat it is perfect on me. Even if you are not a fan of blues this one is worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Perthro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a unique blue polish from OPI's Holland Collection. It's a light, muted, cool blue with hints of grey with silver glitters. Application was smooth and opacity was fair (3 coats to really get the full color too show).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite an unusual color thats worth the $8-9 price tag. It's a muted slate- blue with gold and silver fine shimmer. The shimmer shows up quite subtle giving the nails a nice glassy effect rather than chunky glitter.

It somewhat does remind me of Essie Smooth Sailing as one reviewer stated however.. I would say, think of this as Smooth Sailing on an overcast day because it's definitely not as vibrant or as "happy". It's quite a moody soft kind of color. I think if you're a fan of understated blues and grey nail polish then this is worth an add to your collection. I find this to be the "spring" color for girls who love vampy shades. I usually stick with really dark polishes but tend to not be too comfortable with brights or pastels.. while this is nothing close to black, it's not an in-your-face type of blue nor will it come off too "old lady" either.

Otherwise the color takes about 2 coats minimum for full opacity. Typical decent OPI wear.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No