November 29, 2014 | 791 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by xoxmarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

when i first used this product, i wasnt the biggest fan, but i soon realized it was due to the way i was applying it. although it is a bb cream, you need to moisturize first, unless you have oily skin, in which case i think the formula would be perfect for you. but seeing as i have dry flaky skin, i needed an extra dose of moisture. also, it is best applied with a dense flat or slightly rounded brush, it gives a your skin but MUCH better finish. if applied with fingers, it can be hard to blend and have uneven coverage.
all in all, if applied the right way for you, it looks fantastic and feels great on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by akneil

It's great!
- Gives a little more coverage than other BB creams; definitely more coverage than Garnier BB cream.
- With setting powder and concealer, you get a pretty flawless finish (for people with decent skin, maybe a few spots or marks. I have some hyper-pigmentation and it covers it pretty well).
- It is a little thicker in consistency than some other BB creams, takes a little effort to blend.
- It doesn't smell as nice as the Garnier BB cream (but all that fragrance is bad for your skin anyways!!!)
- I love the packaging, very cute and the pump is so handy. One pump is sufficient for your whole face. (A little more for fuller coverage).
- I am not pale, but I have light skin. The light to medium shade seems to work well for the majority of skin tones, and it works perfectly for me.
- It is sheer enough that when blended it adapts to your skin.
- This has a more yellow undertone, and i'd say it's a tad darker than a general "Ivory" foundation colour. If your skin tone has pink undertones it may be too yellow for you. And I'd say it might be a little dark for very pale individuals.

Overall I love it. It lasts all day. Isn't oily. Has a nice semi-dewy finish. Can be made matte with powder. It's a great makeup base - to use in place of foundation. I've had no issues with it breaking me out or anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by marvlach

Broke me out beyond repair. This BB cream is what triggered my acne and i cannot express how much i hate it.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

This is an excellent BB cream. I found that it gave quite a bit of coverage really but I have pretty clear skin so I don't need a lot of coverage. This also leaves my face matte, although I will finish it off with some powder. No skin reactions from this so I will continue to use. It's nice to have an alternative to a full face of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by nataliepin

The only BB cream I use. Good coverage for a BB cream, blendable and considerably buildable. I like that I can replace my foundation with this on days when I want lighter makeup and truthfully (if I'm having a decent skin day) I can barely tell a difference as long as I follow up with concealer (which I use on foundation anyway). Packaging is convenient with its pump and has not broken me out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I hate this product!Thankfully I bought this in a deluxe sample kit and I didn't pay full price.
There is simply no coverage to this product even when used with the cream to powder product under or over the bb cream.
I found like kind of slippery or greasy and didn't blend super well.The other issue the light isn't really like so be aware of that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this BB cream (in Golden Glow) in my Birch Box my last month. If it hadn't been for Birch Box, I likely would have never tried this because a). I've never heard of the brand and b). so many American BB creams are crap. Ok, perhaps crap is too harsh a word here but the BB creams that are sold in the US are not real BB creams for whatever reason. They're generally just slightly thicker tinted moisturizers with BB slapped on the bottle to take advantage of the craze.

When I got this tube, I figured the color wouldn't match my skin because, thus far, the people at Birch Box send me makeup colors that are far too light and far too loud (why is the questionnaire there again?). Luckily, the Golden Glow shade matches my skin. Per the directions, this particular shade can be wore alone or under makeup. I tried wearing this alone and frankly, my skin isn't good enough to pull that off. This isn't the cream's fault because I don't believe this shade is meant to really cover much, just enhance. The last few times I've worn this, I used it under foundation and got pretty good results.

The cream itself is bit on the thick side. I wouldn't call it a balm really, but it's a tad thicker than some of the BB creams out there today. It's very smooth and glides on the skin like butter (sans the grease and buttery smell obviously). It gives my skin a little extra oomph which is greatly appreciated. I haven't noticed any breakouts from this either.

I'm kind of on the fence about buying this in the full size because I'm not sure it's something I really, really need. I typically use Tarte's Smooth Operator under my foundation and that's a step above this product. I would recommend it to someone who is looking for something closer to a real BB creme because I think this is as good as it's gonna get (unless you buy BB creme from eBay). This product is decent enough but I simply did find it amazing or a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

I have combo skin and this stays on all day. It's light to medium coverage on me but you can definitely build it up! I usually apply a thin layer of this just to even out some discolouration and then go over with my Mac concealer to cover up my hyperpigmentation & acne scars. It's honestly the best BB cream I have found SO FAR and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lexfauxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first tried this bb cream, i thought it was drying, it flaked around my pimples and dry patches, i also thought the darkest shade made me look really pale and sickly. But, this weekend i had a terrible breakout due to my new bb cream (garnier for oily/combination skin) so terrible, that i don't even want to leave my house!! But sadly i do have to leave my house today, so i put on a vitamin e cream on my face to moisturize and help heal my skin a bit, and i decided it couldn't do any more harm to give this bb cream one more shot. So i applied the marcelle bb cream in medium-dark over top of the moisturizer and to my surprise it matches my skin tone really well! It's not full coverage so you can still see my acne underneath a bit, but it really conceals it pretty well. Right now this bb cream is a life saver. I dont remember how much i paid for it i think around 20$. I kind of look a bit shiny but only because of the vitamin e cream underneath, i'm still a bit weary to try this bb cream without moisturizer underneath because i remember it making me look so flakey. I also like the applicator how it has a pump nozzle so i really like this product right now, i will continue using this and see how i like it after a few weeks:)

EDIT: I stopped using this because it has silicones in it which makes you break out, i didnt want to risk further breaking out. Also it feels really really thick which i dont like, i can tell that its on my face, its more like a foundation than a tinted moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

So this is my first western BB cream, and I'd say this definitely does not compare to some Korean BB creams (Etude House, Lioele) I have tried. I bought this mostly because it claims to offer immediate hydration and soothing/calming properties. I never ever expect any product other then a moisturizer to be actually moisturizing, and the Korean BB cream (Etude House) I was using before this was actually kind of drying and the Marcelle one is not drying, however since my skin is sensitive and slightly dry on the cheeks in terms of mild eczema like irritations, i feel it may cause or aggravate any existing dry patches. My forehead is slight oily, and this BB cream does not make it any more oily. My skin tone is evened out slighty and my skin looks decently smooth as it gives light coverage with a satin-matte finish, depending on any products you put before this. I personally like an SPF in my BB cream, but its not too big of a complaint for me. Though, I find it a little odd of how this BB cream will protect my skin from premature aging and environmental stresses without any SPF. I noticed that Marcelle's BB cream has a faint sour smell which doesn't offend me but I just want to comment on that as it may bother others. Overall, I think its worth a try, especially because its a Canadian product, but this isn't for me. $20.96 at Real Canadian Superstore.