MAC Scene Eyeshadow

4.1

on 1/18/2011 6:45:00 PM

Scene is a wonderful, cool, bluish/lavender gray. It works well for a smokey eye which is difficult for me to find as I'm NW5-10ish (depends winter v.summer). If applied lightly it also works well for neutral looks for during the day, too. I use the shadow multiple times a week and have purchased more than once. Not as easily blendable as other Mac shadows - but not difficult to blend either. Will definitely keep in my Mac palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't love this, although I use it pretty often as a crease colour when I'm doing soft smoky eyes. It doesn't have a great staying power and I find the colour payoff is also quite flat. It's very decent, but for the price I expected something better.

on 12/31/2010 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is part of the grey family in my neutral pro palette and it's lovely- a nice mid-grey with a very slight violet cast. Looks lovely as a smokey eye with Print in the socket line, or you can use Scene in the socket line and something lighter on the lid. The texture isn't as easy to blend as some other MAC shades but it really is a very flattering colour on everyone.

on 12/24/2010 1:09:00 PM

This is a great grey w/ a slight lavender tint. MAC says a blueish gray, but I see more of a lavender. It is perfect for my NW20 brown eyed, black/brown hair skin. And it doesn't offend or bring attention to my dark under eye circles! I love the Satin finish too. I wear this with Benefit Skinny Jeans for a quick, cute smokey grey eye. Perfect for winter. I also put this over NYX's Milk pencil on the lid and just plain Scene in the crease....LOVELY! Again, no issues with it bugging my dark undereye circles and it makes my brown eyes POP.

on 10/15/2010 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Scene is a gorgeus cool grey color which creates a timeless look.
I pair it with Perky which I believe was a LE color and Yogurt.
Scene can be paired with many other eyeshadows, its one of those colors that should be a staple in everyones eyeshadow collection.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this when I was starting out and wanted an easy smokey look. I used it just after I bought it and thought nothing special of it. It was sitting there unused till I decided to depot all my mac shadows and organised them all in a big palette. That is when I realised that it is a special colour and very versatile for any look, and not just smokey. I love using this in the crease with anything, or on my lower lashline sometimes too... Love!

on 8/4/2010 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Scene is a really pretty grey that I've combined with a number of different eye shadows. I've used it both all over the lid and just as a corner/crease color, and it works both ways for me. (NW15) It's not the easiest texture, as some others have mentioned, but I have an easier time with it than I do with some other eye shadows (even from MAC). To be honest, I don't mind working with it. Scene is one of my go-to colors, so I use it often and would definitely repurchase.

on 7/4/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've had this eyeshadow for the longest time but for some reason I wasn't using it. A few weeks ago I decided to use it, and have been using it every day ever since. This shadow is a light/medium gray with a blue/purplish undertone. I use it in the crease and the outer corner and blend it with brule, which I use on my lids. Scene brings out brown eyes beautifully with it's blueish undertone. Blue is the opposite of brown on the color wheel therefore is known to make brown eyes stand out (which it does). It's a very work appropriate color and yet I would and have used it on nights out. It blends amazingly with Brule, the only color I have tried blending with so far. I'm happy!!!

on 6/30/2010 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This comes out medium purple or perhaps dark lavender. I would not look good with a shade this deep on the lid or crease. I've had it for years and just put it on as a liner today with an old mid-beige from Cargo as a wash. Scene is a bit too light to use as liner unless you want a very soft look. It did make my hazel eyes look greener though.

on 6/28/2010 5:42:00 PM

Beautiful gray! I like using this with blacks to create a smoky eye when I'm going out, or with browns for a day time look.

Top Rated MAC Products