NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 5/12/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

don't know why the reviews for this product aren't as great as i find them to be. i have nothing but good things to say about this product. i wear this in warm beige and use it with a regular large powder brush. this is a fantastic, light coverage powder foundation that is ideal for oily skin. nothing that a little blot powder can't fix every 4 hours or so. if you want a natural finish, slightly dewy but never oily - this is worth a try! didn't think i was going to love it, but it's my go-to, quick application yet flawless foundation. almost everytime i wear it, i've received compliments on how flawless my face looks. when i tell them it's by nyx, they're surprised and releaved it's nothing high end and easy to find. in canada, it can be found at rexall. try it out!

on 5/5/2015 12:06:00 PM

I bought this on the recommendation of a cosmetician at the drug store. Between the location I bought it, and the price, I wasn't expecting much....but I was pleasantly surprised. This may be the BEST colour I have every worn. Product going on well (I use a kabuki brush, not the pad it comes with), and ALWAYS use primer underneath. I think this is a great product!

on 3/10/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using MAC studio fix powder for awhile now and I'm in love with the studio fix. I've recently moved out and I've been trying to scrape up extra money every time I need powder (which I go through pretty fast because I wear makeup nearly everyday.) so I decided to try this out because the price is only 9.99 and it claims to be full coverage and sweat resistant. So today is the first day I've worn it. It held up pretty well through out the day. The full coverage part was a lot truer this morning when I had a fresh face. I work at a tanning salon so I put it to the test with its claim to be sweat resistant and tanned. When I got out majority of it was still on except on my forehead where I sweat and around my nose and jawline where I rest my hand or get oily. MAC studio fix definitely holds up better after an 8 hour shift and a tan but I was pretty impressed with this product since it's only 9.99 as studio fix is 30.00 something after taxes at my local promenade mall (since they have their own tax 😒)

on 1/11/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i LOVE it as a setting powder. makes my face look flawless. then spray the urban decay all nighter then im good all day

on 12/22/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up at Ulta last week when I was looking for something to replace my expensive Aveda powder foundation. The associate said this line was vegan and mostly natural, so I decided to try it. I've never actually liked a product I've tried from NYX, but was hoping this would be an exception. The testers were all shattered and I couldn't try them, so I just picked up the lightest shade they had and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the lightest they had, Nude, was a bit too dark for me. I found out that they have a lighter shade called Ivory that would have been much better, if the store had stocked it. Anyway, the powder applied very evenly, but was a tad too dark for me. It offers very little coverage, even if you pack it on. The good news is, it doesn't look cakey, even if you put on a ton. By the end of the day, most of it had worn off, but it did keep my skin matte for most of the day. Overall, it reminds me more of a pressed powder than a powder foundation. I may purchase it again if my Ulta ever gets the Ivory shade in. In the meantime, this one is going back.

on 12/21/2014 3:47:00 PM

This is a repurchase for me and it has also replaced my MAC MSF Natural. I use it to set liquid foundation. I use two shades, Nude and Warm Beige. I used to use MSF in Light Plus and Med Dark, for both powders it's almost $60.. it's $10 for a Stay Matte Not Flat and they're always going on sale. It not an exact dupe because it could look cakey if packed on. MSF almost never looks cakey. The compact is a bit bulky but it's kinda the norm for compacts with a separate compartment for the sponge.

on 12/21/2014 10:25:00 AM

Look, I really like this! I have soft beige #05. Tinted moisturiser, concealer, then this NYX powder and I'm a happy gal. I apply with a fluffy brush. I find the staying power great, I love the finish, couldn't be happier 😊

on 12/12/2014 8:30:00 AM

So not happy with this powder. I usually use Macs Studio Fix powder foundation and love that. So I thought this would be a good low end one for my daily mu bag. Well I put on my foundation Mufe Face & Body because I really don't need a ton of coverage just redness correction. So I apply this with my 187 stipple brush to my t zone only well it looked great at 1st. Well I check my makeup about 2 hours later and this looked like it was laying above my foundation and looked so blotchy. I was mortified and I use a good setting spray. I have never had issues with a powder foundation. I don't have dry spots or anything! This just looked so bad! I wish I had just bought a Mac backup because this is just not good.

I'm very surprised because I've had really good luck with NYX products but not this one at all. I do like the Blotting Powder though. This is just no bueno and it seems it's not just me who thinks it. Save your $ on this one. Definitely pass on this. Not Recommended:(

on 11/23/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Use a light hand, soft brush and gentle swipes to make this work. It is definitely matte but doesn't really blend into the skin, knocking it down a few pegs as both a foundation and finishing powder. I'm not even a fan of matte finishes but am going through this surprisingly quickly, seeing pan after only 3 months which is strange for only occasional use. Would be good to carry in a bag for touchups or oil control as it's a sturdy compact with mirror but no application tool. It is also a tad yellow in the nude shade, so beware if you have cool undertones. Won't repurchase as I have dry skin and oil control is not necessary and this level of matte is not flattering. There are better matte powder foundations out there but this is OK for the price point.

on 11/20/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product didnt stand out to me, it wasnt an amazing mattifying product that i would go out of my way to buy, i feel like you could find a cheaper version that does the exact same thing. I find it was a little pricey for just an OK product. If it was cheaper ( in Canada i paid around $22.00 ) i would probably repurchase it, but all-in-all this is probably something i will forget about once i run out, if i even continue to use it.

Colour selection was a plus, they had some nice light beige colours with no pink undertone which is harder to find in a drugstore powder.