April 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Powder - NYX - Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product, especially for mornings when I need to slap my makeup on as fast as possible, or when I just can't be bothered. I'll apply primer, concealer and this, and it gives medium coverage - it doesn't cover up everything, but that's not my goal on a daily basis.

It can be built up to heavier coverage, but it will usually end up looking cakey, and since it is ever so slightly shimmer (VERY subtle) it can emphasis pores. As many reviewers have mentioned, for a full-coverage look this makes a great setting powder.

My only real complaint is the amount of product you get for the money. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, and after a month I have already significantly hit pan. Granted, I have been using it as a foundation almost every day, but with foundations of whatever formula (powder, liquid etc) I usually expect at least 3 months... and this rate I won't get that out of it. Of course, this is still cheaper than a high-end powder would be, but I almost never buy high-end makeup. It is also probably quite a bit cheaper in the States.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by khodjasara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have a pretty oily face, so when i saw this product at my local Ulta i decided to give it a try. i dont need much coverage, so this worked perfect as a foundation for me...about a month into using the product...i noticed my face was completely broken out. i havent gotten pimples on my forehead since hs, and im 25. behold, broken out forehead. i noticed my cheeks are extremely broken out, and i'm beginning to wonder if its because im using NYX blush . regardless, if your skin can handle this product, i'd say go for it. unfortunately, won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by naralea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this works so great as a setting powder. it doesnt feel cakey and it gives a good matte finish. I usually use this after foundie/moisturizer. alone, it doesnt seem to last. however I never really like applying powder to a bare skin so I love this product!!!! been using this for 2 years now ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by mizzzmari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this foundation has great coverage and stays on all day. I like the fact that the sponge fits in the compact underneath. The price is good but the product seems to go fast, so that's probably why it's not very expensive. But overall a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Kjameyson

This product is not what I expected. Only reason for not 4 stars is because it is advertised as a FOUNDATION and not a setting powder. Worked wonderfully as a setting powder over bb cream, but not alone. Desperately needs something to stick to besides skin. However, between the BB cream and this powder I noticed and END to my break outs. Now, I think this is 99% because of the BB cream I use (covergirl) but, I'm positive the powder helped as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It's so light and sets foundation beautifully without making it look cakey, I'm honestly surprised. I never thought that I would part from my precious MAC skin finish natural setting powder, but this stuff by NYX is even better. I use it to set my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and it creates the most flawless canvas that I've ever had, but when I'm lazy I just put this on my naked skin and leave the house. I do need to touch up sometimes during the day as my skin gets quite oily, but I just brush a little bit on and I'm matte for the rest of the day. Definitely my HG powder, I'm in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by IngridBiachhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyonr has such negative reviews for this product but i personally LOVE it. My skin is pretty normal,not oily,dry or to sensitive. i do randomly break out but nothing big. I also have reall bad dark spots on my.cheekbone area because of past acne. so i always need something fullcoverage. at first i was scred because everyone was sayin it didn't cover much,however it worked miracles for me when i applied the hardcandy tattoo concealer on the spots and then applied the Revlon 24 hour liquid foundation with my beauty blender. i then applied the nyx product with a stifling brush. it look BEAUTIFUL all day. also i have BIG pores and i was surprised that the nyx photogenic primer made my pores invisible. greattttttt JOB NYX

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this powder to replace the Sephora brand powder I was using (they resdesigned the package and it sucks). I really like the NYX powder, it does everything the Sephora did at about a third of the price. It blends well and isnt very cakey. The downside is the despite what NYX claims you cant apply it wet. It just doesnt work. Also, it wont last for hours upon hours and eventually, will settle into your pores and wrinkles. Plus side? A quick touch up of the powder and no one would notice. Good product at a good price. Nothing miraculous though. Will continue to use until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This always happens, I buy something randomly then go home and read reviews and it ends up having bad reviews, and I use it anyway.....

When I first put it on, I noticed it was nothing special, especially for the price. About two weeks later I wake up to an extremely broken out face. I had about 5 pimples. So, I stopped using this foundation for a week and my face healed up quickly. For some reason I decided to try it out again..... The same thing happened to my face. I would not recommend this at all. Even before it broke out my face, it really wasn't that great for the almost 13 dollars I paid for it. Next time I will read reviews before I buy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The coverage in this powder is too light and sheer to be a foundation powder - unless you have really good skin. I tried applying it with a dry sponge, wet sponge, and kabuki brush. Each time the coverage wasn't enough to cover my redness or blemishes.

It has a nice matte finish, but the powder didn't last long on my skin. Within a few hours, all that was left on my face was my under eye concealer which is a little too light for me anyway...so it was not a cute look!

I'll use this up as a finishing powder for a BB cream that's too sheer or something, but I will not repurchase.