July 24, 2014 | 2213 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by abigailrebekah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did absolutely nothing to my hair but make it drier. I only use it for the nice coconut scent occasionally.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bargain_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In fairness, I've only tried this product once (recently purchased) but had high expectations based on reviews. It did not make any perceptible difference in creating waves. I sprayed it on damp hair and then pinned it up to try to enhance my hair's natural wave. Didn't appear to do anything really. It's possible that this could be good for people with curly hair. Scent didn't bother me but is certainly noticeable (which is fine if you're not sensitive and enjoy coconut). It also seemed slightly drying. Will try once or twice more to see if it was a first time fluke, but wouldn't really recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not only did this product not do much of anything in the waves department, it also has the most obtrusive smell i have ever experienced in a hair product. A lot of hair products have perfumes, which I don't usually mind, since even if I don't love them, they don't stick around too long. But good god, this sickly sweet coconut smell will not go away! Even if it gave me beautiful, messy waves, I don't think I could get past the smell. I know a lot of people like sweet coconut scents, so if you want a very pervasive hair perfume, this is the product for you! If you want something to give you beachy texture, this isn't it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kfarmer2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I just used this product...

Fresh out of the shower I towel dried my hair. I waited for a few minutes before spraying any into my hair. I did a few sprays into my hair and used my blow-dry with the diffuser on it to dry my hair. It's still a little damp in the back but all it really did was make my hair smell great and gave some great soft texture to it. After blow drying I sprayed a couple more times. No waves or anything...just smells heavenly :)

I have a little bit longer than chin-length, blond, fine, straight hair with layers. Curl doesn't stick very well in my hair unless I use about a bottle and a half of hair spray (may be exaggerating but I know I have to use ALOT for curl to last in my hair) and it takes forever because I have a lot of hair. Normally (before this or any new product) I will wash my hair in the shower, towel dry, brush out the tangles, let it dry for a few minutes (while brushing teeth, applying deodorant, applying makeup, etc.), spray some heat protectant in and then blow dry. I was hoping to see some waves with this product but I guess with my stick straight hair that's too much to ask from any product!

I think next time, I will use this in addition to braiding sections of my hair before bed....I would take a shower before going to bed, towel dry, brush out, spritz away, braid hair into sections (my hair is pretty short so I would expect to have to make several braids according to my different layers) sleep on it, wake up in the morning, take out braids, do another spritz or two and then comb out. I will update as soon as I try this!

The only reason I would by this product again was if I was really desperate to get something to make my hair smell fantastic...but I have other products that I use that smell good too so really I don't know if I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by savannapaigee

hated this!:( thank god I only bought the travel size, because my hair feels so dry and tangled after usin I once! also, it didn't give me very much texture at all! huge disappointment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was obsessed with B&B Surf Spray but I just couldn't justify that kind of money for a salt spray. I ran across some reviews of this and it sounded like a perfect replacement. It is easy to use on either damp or dry hair. It has a very pleasant coconut scent and I love that you can lock the nozzle so its great to travel with. I actually like this a lot more after chopping off most of my hair...its a bit shorter than shoulder length now. I have hair that looks great the first day and then falls flat the second. I use this as a second day spray and blow dry for volume. I have very straight hair, so this doesn't make any waves, though it did a bit when it was longer. I recommend spraying it on damp hair and putting it up in a bun for longer hair. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by lyssaw519

I love this stuff! I use this on my "second day" hair by soaking my dry hair with it at night and French braiding my hair. The next morning I take the braid out and scrunch a little hair spray in and my hair has beachy waves that last all day! My hair is naturally straight, fine, and damaged and never holds a curl so for my hair to be wavy all day is amazing. This stuff works great and smells good too. HG product for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I wish this worked for me. While this does smell amazing, it just makes my hair look unkempt. I gave this to my 13 year-old sister.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I used up an entire bottle of Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray in less than 2 months, and did not want to buy another bottle (which is super tiny and I have long hair, plus for salt water the price is outrageous for the amount in my opinion).

This stuff is the best I have tried from the drugstore. I tried L'oreal's version but the smell was obnoxious, over-powering and lasted so long I could smell it on my jacket 4 days later. . yuck. That went into the bin. I then tried SunSilk (spray nozzle broke after 3rd use, discontinued now I think, but a bit too drying) and it Surf Spray (also great and I use this as well). But for smell, formula and price Beach Babe is best! It has a nice suntan lotion smell, easy to spray with a slightly pointed nozzle and costs less than $5. I've had the same bottle for 4 months now and lots left.

It gives my straight, flat but thick hair volume and a perfect "un-done" tousled texture I love but is hard to get with long, stick straight hair. I just mist on a small amount all over my hair when it's slightly damp, but not right out of the shower. When it's completely dry I go over the roots again for volume. I don't want my hair super messy - but when this spray is used lightly it gives great volume and texture without looking like you haven't combed your hair since last week. Very happy a company other than B&B got this right! I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

This product gives me good texture but not necessarily waves. The coconut and ocean smell is fantastic. Also, the packaging on this one is great; you can lock the top so it won't make a mess traveling.