November 22, 2014 | 1471 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow New Look Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've become really reluctant to have one "go to" "holy grail" mascara because one mascara cannot do it all. I use Chanel Le Volume, Lancome Hypnose Drama, and this. In the beginning, I was like some of the other reviewers - love, love, love. Until one night out, when I laughed so hard my eyes teared, I had to run the bathroom because they were BURNING. I had never felt a burn like that before. Not only that, but it was extremely difficult to get off - even using Lancome Bi-Facil (which is pretty good, although I've found baby shampoo works better). Still, there is an extreme sting.

I use this only on my bottom lashes now, and only when I'm going out and want Kim K. bottom lashes. It does a good job separating, stays on as long as the humidity doesn't rise (or you don't tear) - but not worth it for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by gracie2801

Lovely tiny brush so I can get the product right into my lashes, I love a defined lash with volume & that is exactly what this gives. It doesn't leave clumps & the comb brush makes sure it leaves them smooth! Love this!! A bit expensive for what you get but it doesn't stop me from buying again. Really adds a lot of length!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Vikiki

I got this as a sample and repurchased! I have naturally curly and full lashes so I wear mascara to add that wow effect, however i like to stay pretty natural. And this does the job amazingly. I find that it works especially well once it has dried up a tiny bit. It separates lashes, gives volume, doesn't clump and looks natural yet gives you an intense look. It doesn't smudge on me at all, but then I never have that problem with mascaras. It is a bit expensive, but overall, I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and upon seeing the brush, I didn't have much hope in liking it. I was quite wrong! This builds, defines and lengthens my lashes and I really like the effect. I haven't had any issues with smudging and I also apply to my bottom lashes. I like the tip of the brush, too, as I can really angle it well (as it's small and tapered) to really get my inner lashes covered as well as the outer corners, too. It's quite expensive but I am thinking of buying the full size as to me it's worth the price. I just bought a YSL Faux Cils Shocking which I like as well so will have to wait to finish that before deciding 100%.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by diorbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My eyelashes are naturally quite long but don't curl (even when I use eyelash curlers they don't stay curly) and this mascara makes them curl and it stays!! This is the best mascara I've used it does everything. It separates, curls, lengthens and thickens my eyelashes and the small brush gets every single eyelash. I would definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Miriam44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample at sephora when Dior was making a presentation and giving away gifts. I don't like these types of brushes ordinarily so I figured I'd give it a shot since it was free and then throw it out, and I am shocked at how much I love it! This makes my lashes look totally amazing! This brush actually defines my lashes really well, and yes it's thick but i always brush off any excess as i pull the wand out of the tube. That avoids any clumps and I also do several very thin coats so they stay separated and look fantastic! To be fair, I never have an issue with raccoon eyes, so I can't speak to it running, but I really love this mascara and intend to re-buy it soon :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by heatherq123

this mascara was a HUGE dissapointment. This was the first Dior mascara I have ever bought, and oh boy I'm not happy with the results. The mascara is sooo sticky, it clumps so bad. It is such a sticky formula that it hurt my eyelids trying to brush the clumps out. I did not have a problem with smudging as I see a lot of people have, but I never have a problem with smudging on any mascara Ive tried. This mascara was 30 dollars, what a waste of money. Im sticking with drug store l'oreal telescopic. It lengthens my lashes the best and doesnt clump or flake.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by myszul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally long and curly lashes, but rather thin, so I like to add a little bit of colour and thickness. I used to be a fan of Dior mascaras for 15 years now for they always had a smooth texture that doesn't clump, were easy and quick to apply, produced natural look, and were easy to remove in the evening. This one is my every-morning-regret, though. The texture of this mascara is still smooth and the colour deeper than previous products, but that is where good things end.
I had always preferred trimmed brushes of lengthening series to big one in Diorshow classic, but the brush coming with New Look is too much to the extreme. It is so small and hairs are so sparse that it is hardly a brush; every time I take it out of a package it is loaded with heaps of mascara. So it is a dance not to apply the mascara in excess; I usually need an extra brush and yet it is difficult to avoid lashes sticking together.
Then, unlike any other Dior mascara I had, it has a tendency to smudge slightly below my eyes. (Perhaps because of excessive application.)
And finally, it is very, very difficult to remove it completely even with the waterproof makeup remover followed by detergent-based wash.

All told, I gave two lippies not one because it can create stunning look. However, the results are not easy to reproduce and it is a complete failure as an every day product. For big going out I would still prefer Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

HE price that guarantees HE results
Price: $35 CAD
Formula: not too wet
Length: medium
Volume: lush, buildable
Brush: small, non-dense bristles
You kind of have to give it a couple days to let it dry a bit so the formula is more buildable. Then it gives you the full, luscious lashes without having to go through the pains of applying falsies

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unless your lashes are naturally sky-high and don't touch your face, this will smudge. I usually don't have a problem until later on in the day but this smudges within 1-2 hours.

I love the brush - it covers even the tiniest hairs. I do have to wipe off excess mascara before I apply (in the tube) and use a lash comb as it applies thickly. The formula does not hold a curl and my lashes get flatter. I haven't used my heated curler with this one but I will.

I won't buy this again because there are tons better at cheaper prices that won't smudge.