April 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow New Look Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by myszul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally long and curly lashes, but rather thin, so I like to add a little bit of colour and thickness. I used to be a fan of Dior mascaras for 15 years now for they always had a smooth texture that doesn't clump, were easy and quick to apply, produced natural look, and were easy to remove in the evening. This one is my every-morning-regret, though. The texture of this mascara is still smooth and the colour deeper than previous products, but that is where good things end.
I had always preferred trimmed brushes of lengthening series to big one in Diorshow classic, but the brush coming with New Look is too much to the extreme. It is so small and hairs are so sparse that it is hardly a brush; every time I take it out of a package it is loaded with heaps of mascara. So it is a dance not to apply the mascara in excess; I usually need an extra brush and yet it is difficult to avoid lashes sticking together.
Then, unlike any other Dior mascara I had, it has a tendency to smudge slightly below my eyes. (Perhaps because of excessive application.)
And finally, it is very, very difficult to remove it completely even with the waterproof makeup remover followed by detergent-based wash.

All told, I gave two lippies not one because it can create stunning look. However, the results are not easy to reproduce and it is a complete failure as an every day product. For big going out I would still prefer Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HE price that guarantees HE results
Price: $35 CAD
Formula: not too wet
Length: medium
Volume: lush, buildable
Brush: small, non-dense bristles
You kind of have to give it a couple days to let it dry a bit so the formula is more buildable. Then it gives you the full, luscious lashes without having to go through the pains of applying falsies

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unless your lashes are naturally sky-high and don't touch your face, this will smudge. I usually don't have a problem until later on in the day but this smudges within 1-2 hours.

I love the brush - it covers even the tiniest hairs. I do have to wipe off excess mascara before I apply (in the tube) and use a lash comb as it applies thickly. The formula does not hold a curl and my lashes get flatter. I haven't used my heated curler with this one but I will.

I won't buy this again because there are tons better at cheaper prices that won't smudge.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am STUNNED by the low reviews on this mascara. Quite frankly I would never have tried it based on these reviews but a good friend gave me an extra tube and I am shockingly in love!

For the record everything, and I mean everything (even waterproof) smudges on me and gives me racoon eyes. This sucker did NOT budge all day! I travel a ton, have crazy long hours, rub my eyes etc.

Sisley's phtyo stretch was my previous HG since it didn't flake, but I noticed sisley seemed to just fade away by the end of the day. With the Dior I could go out after 10 hours and still look like I was wearing lashes.

The brush is so tiny I'm stunned that the payoff is so huge. it lenghten AND plumps and really defines every lash. I even love for the lower lashes.

I'm also in love with the intesity of the color. a lot of people have complained it looks "wet", but that is the high shine.

Have every intention of buying another tube when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

SMUDGES LIKE A MOTHER! I usually don't have an issue with raccoon eyes but had this on about an hour when my sister said "you have some black under your eye". Looked in the mirror and sure enough. Only it wasn't "some" it was ALOT. Fortunately this was a sample tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by 1alexa

I've been using benefit they're real and thought that was hg status. I went back to Dior as of yesterday because I needed new mascara and noticed they came out with this one. Well I'm sorry I strayed from Dior for so long! All of their mascaras are amazing and worth the money. New look is great, super dark and lengthening. I like the I'm wearing mascara look and I also got a compliment on my lashes. Will be using Dior mascara from now on. Doesn't hurt that the packaging is very nice too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by macafz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I truly love the wand in this mascara. I find it makes the application so much easier. It also helps to get right into the lashes at the inner and outer corner of the eye without making a mess! Same thing for the lower lashes.
The color pigmentation is great, it leaves a truly black glossy finish and while i think the formulation to be a bit too sticky at first, it gets better as you let it dry out. I have to say it didn't hold the shape the lash curler gave to my lashes but that's not to say that they lay completely flat. Very buildable and I didn't experience any smudging whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by quitabandita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is too wet when you first buy it for sure, but similarly to L'Oreal Voluminous it gets better once you let it dry out for about a week. Is it worth the money? No. There are cheaper & better mascaras out there. Is it terrible? No, once it dries out a bit it gives you really full, long, lush lashes and it doesn't run, fade, smudge or flake on me. I got the set that comes with the mini Dior palette, which was supposed to be in Khaki but instead was Gris, which I was actually happy about because I think the Gris colors are more wearable. Not worth buying this mascara on it's own, but with the mini palette it is a pretty good deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been considering trying a Dior mascara, and have been lusting for one of their quints, so I bought this New Look/mini Grege combo. I truly hate this mascara. I will say that it is very glossy black, which is nice, but the formula is very slick and thin. The brush is tiny, which I personally don't have a problem with.....except it made the ends of my lashes stick together. Very odd effect. I wasn't loving it to start with, and tried to give it a good, fair chance, but after two uses, my eyes started to itch. The tiny little palette that came with it is nice, but considering I used only those two products and a very tried and true eyeliner, I suppose it's possible the quint caused some of the itching. Either way, I've killed two lemmings with one stone here. Definitely wouldn't buy again, and probably wouldn't consider dropping 30 bucks on a mascara again either.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by littlehousebigvacation

Let me begin by stating that is a truly black mascara and I don't mind the small brush. It's the wet and gloppy formula that is the trouble. I made the mistake of wiggling the brush at the root of my lashes and pulling it through to the end of my lashes. I ended up with about 5 clumpy spider lashes and impossible to remove smudges on my lash line. Oh and I don't know why I tried 2 coats, I couldn't even comb through it and then it started to flake. I'm so disappointed that I bought this.

I did get a mini quint with it. But the color was wrong (supposed to be Khaki but, it was Grege). Btw, it's very nice.