October 20, 2014 | 911 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance SPF 15 Day Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG moisturizer?

Regardless of the so-so reviews this product has received from other uses, I have been quite pleased with my purchase. I was worried after reading that it contains comedogenic ingredients (I break out easily on my chin) but I had to try it anyway, since the Burt's Bees cream cleanser managed to miraculously clear my face up and has been my HG cleanser ever since. I like that it's natural, chemical ingredients react against my face. I have actually NEVER found a moisturizer that DIDN'T make me break out - until this :) I think I can say that confidently since I've been using it daily (2 pumps every morning) for a few weeks now. My skin does seem healthier and has more.... radiance? lol, but as I said more importantly it hasn't broke out. The smell is quite strong, but I like it, and it fades throughout the day anyway. As other users have said, it will start to peel off your face if you apply with too much pressure. You have to stop rubbing it in a little earlier than you might with other products. Otherwise... I'm a satisfied customer, and will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by nadiahwmg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sooo sticky. I wanted to like this. Good packaging, reputable brand, no animal testing etc. But like other reviewers said, this feels weird on your skin. I usually put on Bare Minerals after moisturizing and never had a problem with whatever moisturizer I was using. But with this on, my makeup feels like it's not "gliding" on, you know what I mean? My skin did not feel hydrated, and I'm pretty sure my already clogged pores are worse now. Conclusion: no likey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh NO NO NO NO. This is probably the worst lotion I have ever tried. I wish a few simple words could describe this lotion. The top three biggest issues:
1. The "radiance" it claims is simply shimmer and sparkles in the lotion. Gross.
2. The consistency of this lotion is horrendous. It's really fluid, more like "runny" and it separates! When you squeeze it out sometimes you just get water/liquid that's extracted from the rest of the product.
3. It cannot perform. It provides very little moisture or "radiance", you end up looking like a Cullen family sparkling vampire with dry flakes and rashes from the excessive glitter irritants.
STEER CLEAR MY FRIENDS.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by 30carruthers

I wanted to love this, but it's just horrible. I used it for about a week, then had to run out and buy another lotion. It's very thin and doesn't absorb into the skin- just feels like liquid glue. It doesn't sink in, just sits on the face.

Would not recommend to ANYONE!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Thuli

I am now on my second bottle. I love how it leaves my face very soft and supple, during the winter that is. I feel like this is better suited for the cold seasons than it is for summer. It must be something about the temperature or humidity, but when I had used it during the hotter months, it would feel thick and tacky like glue and would not absorb into my skin. It's lightweight enough during the winter for my skin (I'm an oil-slick all year.) without being overdrying. It did sting my face the first few times I had used it, but no experiences with breaking out. I would definitely buy it again for my winter skincare routine, but need something better for the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by yian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion does the job, and it's one of the few drugstore physical sunscreens out there.

However, the lotion feels very heavy and tacky on the face, even though it's not especially moisturising. The fragrance is too strong, and it is difficult to apply. This lotion needs to be rubbed into the skin very well, otherwise it would leave white streaks or even flakes off the skin.

I will not repurchase after the current bottle's finished.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by nicolajayne

This is a strange product and I have mixed feelings about it.

I really like the Radiance Facial Cleanser so was looking forward to using this. I have combination skin - really oily t-zone especially my nose and dry areas. I wanted a cream that would hydrate my skin without encouraging excess oil.

This lotion is sticky and does not glide on the skin at all. It doesn't really feel like it's penetrating the skin but my face feels soft and fresh after use.

When I put my make up on, my skin isn't oily and my foundation goes on really nicely.

I have a real problem with an oily, shiny nose during the day but since using this lotion, I don't feel my nose gets as oily. In fact the lotion I think, acts as a primer, locking in moisture.

If this lotion glided on better without stickiness I would definitely buy it again. It's around 20 so it's not the cheapest, therefore I want to be sure before I buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was running out of my moisturizer and needed something "cheap" and quick. I've always like the premise behind Burt's Bees and love their replenishing lip balm, so I thought "why not?" Big mistake - although I like the glow it leaves behind, it feels heavy on my skin, despite the thin lotion consistency, and its smell is just bit to "fragrancy" for me. I hate waste so I'm using it as a body lotion. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by ContessaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS
Has a solid glass bottle and the product smells very nice. I was impressed because it had SPF plus lots of nice ingredients that nourish the skin (like royal jelly), and when wearing it, it feels like it does what it claims - my skin looks healthy and feels extra soft. The lotion has a thin consistency which absorbs quickly.
CONS
There is only one con, but it is a big one. This lotion is very hard to apply and and never applies without looking patchy in places. It dries white on my skin if I accidentally reapply it to the same space, once it sinks in it is not at all blendable, and if I do try to blend it, it will rub off and leave eraser-like rubbings on my face! I have discovered that once it starts rubbing off, it can't be fixed and I basically have to wipe the whole thing off and start again. I find you have to apply an extremely small amount quickly and even then it never goes on 100% okay. It is annoying that the instructions on the bottle tell you to apply it liberally. I think the problem may have to do with the lotion using natural zinc based sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by whosthegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn`t like it product at all really. I was sad because I love ALL my other BB products. This just didn`t give me enough moisture. That could have been my own fault though since I didn`t buy the Day Cream this time. If you need extra moisture go for a cream instead of the lotion. The lotion has spf which is nice.. more BB products should have spf! Didn`t hate it but I didn`t love it.