Burt's Bees Radiance SPF 15 Day Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/11/2012 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love Burt's Bees and I wanted to move away from my Equate Aveeno knockoff moisturizer with SPF for something containing more natural ingredients. Unfortunately, this product felt awful on my skin. It is a very thin, soupy moisturizer that leaves that awkward, greasy, and shiny film that never quite soaks in that most of my body sunscreens leave behind. Putting makeup on top of this made me look extra shiny. A very huge disappointment!

on 6/24/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff made my skin look terrible, especially the sensitive skin on my forehead. It gave me little white bumps all over the area, which fortunately went away after I stopped using it. I also didn't like the fragrance.

on 6/10/2012 10:45:00 AM

HG moisturizer?

Regardless of the so-so reviews this product has received from other uses, I have been quite pleased with my purchase. I was worried after reading that it contains comedogenic ingredients (I break out easily on my chin) but I had to try it anyway, since the Burt's Bees cream cleanser managed to miraculously clear my face up and has been my HG cleanser ever since. I like that it's natural, chemical ingredients react against my face. I have actually NEVER found a moisturizer that DIDN'T make me break out - until this :) I think I can say that confidently since I've been using it daily (2 pumps every morning) for a few weeks now. My skin does seem healthier and has more.... radiance? lol, but as I said more importantly it hasn't broke out. The smell is quite strong, but I like it, and it fades throughout the day anyway. As other users have said, it will start to peel off your face if you apply with too much pressure. You have to stop rubbing it in a little earlier than you might with other products. Otherwise... I'm a satisfied customer, and will buy again.

on 5/18/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sooo sticky. I wanted to like this. Good packaging, reputable brand, no animal testing etc. But like other reviewers said, this feels weird on your skin. I usually put on Bare Minerals after moisturizing and never had a problem with whatever moisturizer I was using. But with this on, my makeup feels like it's not "gliding" on, you know what I mean? My skin did not feel hydrated, and I'm pretty sure my already clogged pores are worse now. Conclusion: no likey.

on 4/19/2012 2:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Oh NO NO NO NO. This is probably the worst lotion I have ever tried. I wish a few simple words could describe this lotion. The top three biggest issues:
1. The "radiance" it claims is simply shimmer and sparkles in the lotion. Gross.
2. The consistency of this lotion is horrendous. It's really fluid, more like "runny" and it separates! When you squeeze it out sometimes you just get water/liquid that's extracted from the rest of the product.
3. It cannot perform. It provides very little moisture or "radiance", you end up looking like a Cullen family sparkling vampire with dry flakes and rashes from the excessive glitter irritants.
STEER CLEAR MY FRIENDS.

on 3/27/2012 6:42:00 PM

I wanted to love this, but it's just horrible. I used it for about a week, then had to run out and buy another lotion. It's very thin and doesn't absorb into the skin- just feels like liquid glue. It doesn't sink in, just sits on the face.

Would not recommend to ANYONE!

on 3/22/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am now on my second bottle. I love how it leaves my face very soft and supple, during the winter that is. I feel like this is better suited for the cold seasons than it is for summer. It must be something about the temperature or humidity, but when I had used it during the hotter months, it would feel thick and tacky like glue and would not absorb into my skin. It's lightweight enough during the winter for my skin (I'm an oil-slick all year.) without being overdrying. It did sting my face the first few times I had used it, but no experiences with breaking out. I would definitely buy it again for my winter skincare routine, but need something better for the summer.

on 3/17/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This lotion does the job, and it's one of the few drugstore physical sunscreens out there.

However, the lotion feels very heavy and tacky on the face, even though it's not especially moisturising. The fragrance is too strong, and it is difficult to apply. This lotion needs to be rubbed into the skin very well, otherwise it would leave white streaks or even flakes off the skin.

I will not repurchase after the current bottle's finished.

on 2/15/2012 12:28:00 PM

This is a strange product and I have mixed feelings about it.

I really like the Radiance Facial Cleanser so was looking forward to using this. I have combination skin - really oily t-zone especially my nose and dry areas. I wanted a cream that would hydrate my skin without encouraging excess oil.

This lotion is sticky and does not glide on the skin at all. It doesn't really feel like it's penetrating the skin but my face feels soft and fresh after use.

When I put my make up on, my skin isn't oily and my foundation goes on really nicely.

I have a real problem with an oily, shiny nose during the day but since using this lotion, I don't feel my nose gets as oily. In fact the lotion I think, acts as a primer, locking in moisture.

If this lotion glided on better without stickiness I would definitely buy it again. It's around 20 so it's not the cheapest, therefore I want to be sure before I buy it again.

on 2/14/2012 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was running out of my moisturizer and needed something "cheap" and quick. I've always like the premise behind Burt's Bees and love their replenishing lip balm, so I thought "why not?" Big mistake - although I like the glow it leaves behind, it feels heavy on my skin, despite the thin lotion consistency, and its smell is just bit to "fragrancy" for me. I hate waste so I'm using it as a body lotion. Will not repurchase.

Popular Moisturizers