Milani Illuminating Face Powder

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 5/4/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have bought this product twice. The packaging isn't that great so my first shattered. This an awesome product, though. I use it as highlighter, as an eyeshadow, and even for my lips. Amber Nectar really compliments my deep complexion.

on 4/20/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff !! i use it contour my nose,my forehead and i also use as a blush since it has all this pretty color. When i use it as blush it give a pretty flush color on my face.

on 2/22/2013 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this powder on a whim, because it was so inexpensive I thought I'd take a chance. The product quality sort of snuck up on me...I started to use it almost as a pre-blush, putting it on the apples up to contour of my cheeks, and then applying bronzer and/or blush. It made those products apply more evenly, and gave a bit of a glow to my skin, without shimmer. I am looking forward to buying the other color variations.

on 1/23/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got sucked in by the packaging when I was shopping for Milani's Multitasker powder online. I got Amber Nectar and I am loving it!

I'm pretty tan (Light tan in the Milani Multitasker range) and the colour on this shows up really naturally on me as a glow. I wasn't sure how to apply this exactly so I kinda just swiped my brush around the whole thing. The effect is pretty good, the whites give me a pearly base and the other colours add some colour pretty nicely. The overall effect is I look quite radiant and have a nice glow. I'd recommend this for people who want a nice glow but do not want to look too tanned ie like they spent the last week lying in the sun.

On the downside, it takes awhile to get the colour to show up. I have to swipe my brush around and apply it to my cheeks at least 3 times to get some colour to show up. Also the colour doesn't seem to last for very long and you need some touching up by midday if you want to look as radiant. And I don't have particularly oily skin.

But all in all, a good buy for the price and the effect!

on 10/15/2012 5:22:00 PM

This is a really great product, and I'm one to avoid facial highlighters since I'm 54 and don't want to draw any more attention to my wrinkles than they already command on their own. For that reason, I've never indulged in the Guerlain Meteorites or similiar products. I purchased this on a whim in Hermosa Rose and after 3 months of use, it has become almost an HG. I have a fair-to-medium skintone that's not quite cool, not quite warm. I have not tried this as a stand-alone blush; I'm sure it wouldn't show up on my skin. I first apply a cream blush (usually Le Metier De Beaute Coral Nymph) and as the last thing I do before heading out the door, I take a fat kabuki brush, swipe it a few times on the Hermosa Rose and dust my cheeks in a circular motion. There is zilch glitter in this product...just a gentle gleam that really doesn't lie atop the skin, but looks like you're lit from within, if that makes sense. Probably the best drugstore makeup purchase I've ever made!

on 10/1/2012 7:03:00 PM

Just purchased this in Amber Nectar and so far (after using it 3 times), I like the glow it gives my medium/ olive skin. I use this just on my cheeks and forehead and then swipe some of my blush on top. I can wear this on it's own without the blush but honestly it does need something extra for a more intense makeup look. Packaging is attractive and the price is fairly inexpensive.

on 8/25/2012 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this in Amber Nectar. I wanted to get this because the packaging with the cute roses and the soft colors just sucked me into it. It was meant for use as a bronzer, highlighter and a blush. To be honest, I had watched reviews on this on YT and it was negatively reviewed. I still wanted to try it because the powder is so cute! Anyways, honestly this took quite bit of an effort to get it to show up on my medium-tan skin NC35 to be exact. Worn on top of foundation and powder, it takes at least 6-8 swipes before I notice a color pay off. I use this mainly as a blush cum highlighter.

On my cheeks this shows up peachy-pink with gold sheen, which is beautiful but getting it to show up was a pain. When worn alone on the skin, this took at least 4 swipes to get it to show up. On my sister whose skin is NC20, it took at least 3 swipes before it showed up on her. Pigmentation is quite low on this, and the texture isnt powdery. The good news is that it comes with a large amount of product that will probably last a while. This stayed on for a mere 4 hours before disappearing. This might work as a highlighter for skin deeper than NC35, but for paler girls, this could work as a bronzer.
Would I repurchase, weird but yes....solely because the packaging is too cute to resist, and the color after much effort of layering does show up a beautiful peachy pink with gold sheen, which reminds me of TheBalm Hot Mama blush.

on 6/25/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Absolutely wonderful powders. I read about them on some makeup blog and decided to give it a shot. I've never had much luck with Milani - their shadows and other products seem too grainy and not of high quality. However, I can't say the same about these powders. I bought this product in two colors - Hermosa Rose and Amber Nectar. Both are quite wonderful. The texture is lovely, sinks right into the skin, doesn't leave a grainy residue, the colors are beautiful. I'm an NC10, and both colors are perfect. Hermosa Rose I use as a bronzer (needs layering, even for my pale skin) and the Amber Nectar is more of a highlighter. I like them so much I think I'll buy the third color as well - it looks like a beautiful pink (called Beauty's Touch). Love these powders, so happy to have found them. They help my acne-ridden pale skin glow.

on 5/28/2012 2:12:00 PM

Bought this a few weeks ago mostly because I was so sucked in by the packaging. I like it. It goes on smoothly and I really like the subtle color. I don't find that it stays on my face all day without touch ups though. That kind of surprised me because my face is on the dry side so I don't tend to have a problem with makeup sliding off. Having said that, it's not a huge deal to reapply so I would purchase it again.

on 5/7/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

# 01 Amber Nectar~ To be honest, this little beauty was so attractive it caught my eye although I usually breeze by the Milani displays. For most, ok ALL of my adult life I thought being so fair I was limited to wearing only pink tones. In the past, all the sunkissed peachy or bronzey colors made me feel clownish or "muddy". This one is different.... with a couple of swipes with my stripple blush, this applies like a dream and looks incredibly natural with my light complextion which leans towards cool tones. Today I am wearing it with paired with Milani's "Liquif'eye" aqua liner (makes my hazel eyes POP) and L'Oreal #218 Rose Elixer Lip Balm for a pretty beachy look.

Top Rated Milani Products