July 24, 2014 | 1780 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence - Gel Eyeliner Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I can't remember where I read about this brush, but if I did, I'd thank them profusely. It's been my frustration in the search of a brush to use for gel liners that they quickly lose their appeal post-wash, regardless of whether they're angled, bent, or flat, cheap or pricey. It's hard to get all the gel gunk out of a brush and still keep its shape/keep it from losing any hairs. Essence has defied the odds and managed to stay precise in the harshest of conditions (i.e., the depths of my makeup bag,) and costs mere pennies. I've bought 2 and plan on getting a third when I replace my essence gel liner, which is also apparently made by fairies (it's equally amazing.) Backups are a must with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by victoriamarin12

I really like it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by electricshock01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really good eyeliner brush and works well with their gel eye liner. For 2$, it is a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

Great and affordable. I bought one for every gel-liner. Easy to clean too. Easy to draw a wing eye look, able to draw well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by FairlyVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a GREAT angle brush. I bought one last week, and then I went back and bought another one this week. :) I have many angle brushes -- from Quo, M.A.C., e.l.f. and others. This is definitely up there, and the price is fantastic. I've had no issue with shedding at all, it washes up nicely, is great for applying shadow or liner to lower lash line and water line, and for darkening the upper lash line. It picks up a lot of color, and deposits it well. I will probably end up picking up more! I like that it is a fairly stiff brush, not too stiff, and that all the bristles move together as one, which is very important when applying gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first an only eyeliner brush I bought so I can't really compare it to any mac or so brushes but from what I can tell this is a great tool to have. I used to use my mac fluid line all the time and this brush did a perfect job for me. I am quite precise with my liner so it had to be able to draw thin lines. In between i also used this on my brows or with eyeshadow which I think wore it down a bit. Now after about a year the ends are kind of flayed out and it's hard to draw a precise line, but hey I did throw it in my hand bag a couple of times and it survived for a year! And for the price it really doesn't hurt to repurchase this every now and then. I might try a higher end one just to see how it compares but this is a great budget purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this for my brows! I've used it for my winged eyeliner as well - it creates a perfectly sharp precise line. This brush is only $1.49.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, let's not kid ourselves here. Sure, this is a decent brush *for the price* but it's not anywhere near being a good brush in its own right. It's too thick, too stiff, and just doesn't do the job as well as a higher priced higher quality brush. It's fine to play around with, or maybe to use for brows, but it's really not an outstanding brush. You get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an excellent brush. I love the purple it comes in, purple is my fav color :)

The bristles are stiff enough but not scratchy at all. Price is ridiculously cheap. Comes in a nice transparent pouch.

This wasn't stiff enough for my eyebrows, so I use my MAC 208 for that, which I adore.

Here's what I use this for: to wing out my eyeliner. It creates the most thin precise line ever and creates a sharp elegant winged out liner. For the rest of the lash line I use a drugstore angled brush that is shorter, thicker and less wide than Essence's brush.

I use this with my MAC Chromaline, the Essence gel eyeliner is too soft am not sure if it would be very easy to use such a thin brush with it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up for $1.49 when I purchased the gel liner. This brush really doesn't work for me in terms of applying liner as it's impossible to apply a precise thinner line. Additionally after a few washes the bristles started to fall out.