August 2, 2014 | 1609 users online

Polishes - Nailene - Sensationail Color Gel Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Annobime

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I tried this gel polish the other day after finding it in a discount store., I usually use RCM gel polish as I bought the kit last June and give myself regular gel polish manicures. The first thing I noticed about the Nailene product is how " true to colour" the outside of the bottle was! This is my biggest problem with the other product, that you can never get a true idea of what the colour is like from the label on the bottle, until it is applied to your nails. Secondly, I found that the size and shape of the brush was very easy to work with and applied the polish evenly and easily, even getting along the side of the nail without spreading to the cuticle. Third thing I really liked about this polish is the substance itself; it applies easily, giving a smooth lacquer finish that isn't too thick or too thin. I will definitely be on the lookout for more of the this nailene gel polish. It really is " Sensational" and the best I have used so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Been through one cycle of this. Lasted just under a week, then my thumbnail chipped off. It looks great, pretty shine, nice colours. I really don't have any problems with how long it lasts or how it looks, it's an excellent way to do a longlasting mani at home. But to get this stuff off... What a total b*tch! All the time you win by having a longlasting manicure is lost when you are removing this stuff. An hour, it took me an hour!! I will continue using this and start praying that it will get better... Also it left my nails very dry. A break between using this and treating your nails to some nail oil is recommended.
EDIT: After a few more go's I've come to this conclusion: it really just doesn't hold up for longer than a week. Not a big problem for me as I'm usually bored by the colour by then. But it always annoys the h*ll out of me that products don't work as long as they claim.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

LIKE it so much, but some lighter color comes out uneven (even with 3 color coats)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by truuong

It's a great product that will last longer on my nails than normal nail polishes, it's super easy to use.

There isn't a great variety of colours from this brand but my favourite one is Coral Sunset, a gorgeous orange coral colour.

The only downside to this product is the removal process, my nails are already dry and brittle and the removal dries them out even more due to the acetone and the filing. It completely destroys my nails and I have to wait weeks before they're better so that I can repaint them. ( I could possibly be doing it wrong though...)

Even though the removal is horrible this is totally worth it, it lasts long and has a beautiful finish and I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BelleSade

I love, love this. Look, I'm too lazy to re-paint my nails with every chip. I'm also a horrible skin and cuticle picker so my normal nail polish (and I mean OPI, Essie, not some real cheap stuff) chips in about two days. I HAVE GORGEOUS NAILS NOW. No chips. Strong and SHINY. People stop me to ask about my nails and where I got them done.

You do need to file your nails very well before applying the gel stuff because it is a pain to remove. I'm not very good at the nail filing bit so this is the process that takes me forever.

Besides that, it's super easy. Follow the instructions, use thin coats, you'll be fine and have gorgeous nails that last weeks (mine last at least two weeks, heck the last manicure I had it for over a month and only then did it start to chip). As a bonus, since the nails will be thicker, if you're a crazy skin picker like me it won't be so easy to pick pick pick everything and your skin will look much better.

To remove it, get 100% pure acetone, soak cotton balls, apply over your nails, wrap tin foil around the nails with the soaked cotton ball, wait a long time (I usually wait at least 40 mins)... so have some TV shows streaming... and then it'll peel off. Do get the little nail polish removing stick they sell in case there's any left, but you probably won't need it.

I haven't tried to use different brands gel polish (yet) or do that thing where you just use regular polish over the gel, but I will try to and then I'll update this post. But otherwise, buy this. You won't regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading SO many rave reviews I had to buy a kit for myself along with a few more polishes....but for some reason the polish does not work on my nails!! :( Ive been using it for a few months now and I follow the directions exactly. I buff, cleanse with lint free cloth, prime, apply the thinnest coats possible, cap the edges, etc, and they peel by day 2 or 3!! Each manicure has never lasted more than one week for me. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I think it's funny when I read how hard it is for some people to remove the polish...lol for me Its a breeze because the polish can peel off like a sticker! I'm so disappointed because my nails look so beautiful and shiny at first but the polish doesn't last. Oh well :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at Walgreens for $49, but it's also available at Target (user your card for 5% off) and Walmart (including the express stores). Figuring that one trip to the salon will cost me $35 plus a minimum $5 tip, this is an amazing deal. It wears for about a week on me, and takes only a little practice to get the technique down.

The colors available now are great, and I hope this is popular enough that more colors come out soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Raven06

I love this kit. I have had the polish last for 3 weeks with no chips, still as shiny as the first day. I have a couple colors and they really do last. Your nails will grow out leaving a gap at the base. Sometimes there is a little ridge that catches on things or will chip from the bottom, I file it off to make it last longer.
It takes a few times to practice to get the polish the right thickness and the right closeness to the cuticle. I find it easier to peel them off at about the 3 week point. My nails grow out and I can take an orange stick or a fingernail to pry them off. I tried the soaking method a couple times it really dried out my nails and cuticles. It also took forever to soak in the acetone and use the orange stick to get it all off.
I won't go back to regular polish. The gel is great no smudges, no dry time. They look shiny and perfect for weeks.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by suzan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: As much as I loved this, had to stop using it. Around the holidays I was changing my nail color quite often, so when redoing my nails I noticed that I would start getting tingling in my fingertips but it would go away and didn't think much of it. When I redid them another time the tingling increased, lost feeling in a few of the fingertips and my fingers itched and burned severely! Scared the hell out of me and realized the connection between the manicures and the symptoms so I immediately stopped using and haven't had any problems since. A shame as I really did love using this and the results it gave but not worth the damage! Use with CAUTION!
Original: I love my at home gel manicures, easily one of the best beauty investments I've made! I have the Red Carpet Manicure light, but mostly use the Nailene Sensational polish because they have more colors that I like. Manicures last....shine stays, no chipping until a little growth/wear after a week or so (pedicure lasts much longer). It is a pain to take off.
Coral Sunset- pretty coral,
Babydoll Pink- very sheer pink (I use this when I do a french manicure)
White Lily-soft white (I use this for the tips when I do a french manicure)
Pink Chiffon- bubblegum/barbie pink
Pink Daisy-deep pink
Newly purchased and haven't used yet, just swatched:
Kitten Heel- hot pink
Royal Ruby-blue/red(?)
Juicy Sangria-red(?)
Mauve Maven-mauve/brown/nude
Sorry, not the best descriptions, but kind of hard to tell when just swatching the new ones. Ruby and Sangria seem very similiar as do Kitten Heel and Pink Daisy (Pink Daisy being a toned down version of Kitten Heel). Also these are all matte, (I don't do sparkle.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by terrihome

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't say enough about this... It's incredible and I don't think I'll ever go back to regular polish. I have pretty good nails and I haven't noticed any adverse effects. A couple important tips....
1) you can mix colors with other LED curable polishes (try a contact lens case)
2) I had a ridiculously difficult time getting this off - UNTIL I stopped using the primer. Now the polish peels off around day 8. This is perfect for me because at that point my nails have grown out anyway. The polish is still perfect and shiny but it takes just a couple minutes to get it off.
3) I bought it on sale at CVS for $49 but they had the extra care rebate thing for $10 so it was basically $39.