Cetaphil Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 61, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Gluconate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine

on 3/10/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

On the plus side, this moisturiser doesn't break me out and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft, but I've stopped using this on my face (now just using it for my neck and chest), as it
really stings if it gets into your eyes and mostly just 'sits' on my skin without sinking in (for example, it rained in the late evening after I'd applied this in the morning, and it still managed to run down into my eyes and irritate them!).

Overall, I've given this 3/5, as it's distinctly average.

on 3/7/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I got this product in a small sample size for free so decided to try it. I liked that it was lightweight, non-greasy and spread over my face easily. However, after maybe 20-30 minutes my face was oily again, this product does not help control oil. The worst part is, by the end of the day I felt new blemishes emerging - I think this product clogged my pores and broke me out. It may be good for other skin types but not so much for acne-prone. I will not be purchasing this ever.

Pricy for what it is. I have combi-oily, break out prone skin. It does not control oil. Did not give a matte finish. No matter how I applied it, it always ran into my eyes within 2 hours. I tried applying not around my eyes, only on specific parts of my forehead--whatever. It eventually ran into my eyes, and yes, it burned. Its physical appearance is a white liquid that is sometimes clumpy. Pretty easy to spread. It clogs pores and causes breakouts for me around my chin. I'm done with trying it after 2 months use.

on 2/20/2015 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I first heard of this product a few weeks back when my GP gave me a sample bottle of it along with the cetaphil dermacontrol foaming face wash. I was starting Epiduo and I needed a face wash and moisturizer that would go well with the treatment. I gotta say I really like the combo. I've been using it for a bit over a month now and it hasn't broken me out or made my skin super dry. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which has gotten extra sensitive since starting Epiduo (some products just burn my face...). I ended up buying the bigger versions of both the face wash and moisturizer.. so I'm giving a thumbs up!

on 2/17/2015 10:50:00 AM

This product is not good it does not help control oil and contains ingredient that causes clog pores.The main active sunscreen ingredients are chemical base which absorbs the suns uva-uvb rays and caused a chemical reaction when exposed to sun. Avobenzone has similar effect as oxybenzone is the worse it is able to absorb the full spectrum of UVA rays in to the first layer of the epidermis which is the first layer of skin. This can cause oxidative damage,even more breakouts, redness and dull/ dark patches. A sunscreen should reflect the suns rays to protect the skin. The only way is the use physical sunscreen zinc and titanium dioxide or just avoid the sun. The suns rays can cause the skin to become over dry dehydrated, wrinkled, weathered and aged. If the sun can turn a grape into a raisin within hours imagine what your skin would look like. Its not about the spf rating but the ingredient when look for a sunscreen physical ones are better if it's not combined with harsh chemicals or irritants.

on 1/29/2015 3:30:00 PM

I like that this has a higher SPF than most basic moisturizers because I have very fair skin and I bought it for this very reason. I have combination skin that is whitehead and blackhead prone and I do think I have less oil around my nose since using it. No change in blemish control. It has a pretty matte finish. Smells a little like sunscreen but what else can you expect for SPF 30. It can be harsh around the eyes and I had stinging once because I was carelessly slathering it over them like my old moisturizer. I find as long as I'm careful I can still put it over my eyelids without stinging. Overall a product I like. Enough moisture for my combo skin without causing breakouts and an oil slick, and wears well under makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because it's for acne prone skin. This was another disappointment because as soon as you apply this it burns the crap out of your eyes! I didn't even get it anywhere near my eyes and I had to run to the bathroom to rinse my eyes and wash this off of my face!

on 1/5/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this product as an alternative to my beloved cerave am moisturizer. I was trying to find something that left my face a little less shiny. This stuff was pretty awful. It didnt protect me from the sun's rays and clogged my pores very badly. I used it for roughly 3 months before i completely gave up. My skin went from pretty to just blah while using this product. It was the only thing I had changed in my routine at that time. I dont even remember if it actually provided a matte finish or not. All I remember was my melasma like areas on my face grew very dark while using this product. Those areas have since faded lighter but not back to how they looked before. And my nose and checks had tons of clogged pores and blackheads.

on 1/3/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Well the words MATTE and SPF drew me in. This product does not keep skin oil free. I have been using about a week now and haven't had any breakouts yet, but this product seems like it may cause one on how the consistency is. My skin looks and feels extremely oily after I apply. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 12/3/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have use many oil control moisturizers, and this by far is the best one! firstly i found a lot of oil control moisturizers dry me out, but this one is nice and moist, yet is not shiny! i actually noticed a difference that my face gets less oily, and i have to re apply my powder less wearing this product. Obviously this product does not completely keep my face matte all day, but it does significantly reduce the amount of oil! I would recommend this product to anyone with oily skin it does a great job!

Popular Moisturizers