July 24, 2014 | 1902 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Moisturizing Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I thought I would never find anything comparable to my Fresh Soy Face Wash, especially at such an affordable price. Behold! This stuff is great and even better. It's gentle but cleans well, and doesn't dry out my already dry skin at all! Doesn't break me out and it really is great for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ceeryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did NOT like this face wash. I should point out that I'm in my 4th month of Accutane treatment for mild to moderate but persistent acne. So, my skin is particularly dry, but because I didn't have horriblly severe cystic acne, it's not like my face is covered in pimples and dry patches, just one or two. Because my skin is parched as a side effect of the medication, I'm not expecting any miracle products, at least not cleansers. But this face wash does NOTHING it claims it does. My skin immediately felt soo tight. At least with Cetaphil gel cleanser my face felt comfortable for a few minutes before I applied lotion. Sometimes this would even sting and irritate my face, and the last thing I needed was a product that made my skin any redder. I would always remove my eye makeup prior to washing, so I can't speak to its ability to get rid of mascara and whatnot. I guess in terms of removing face makeup and overall cleaning, it may do a decent job, but since I'm not using toner while on Accutane, I can't see if any makeup/dirt/residue is left behind. Sorry for the extremely long review, but my suggestion if you're looking for a gentle and moisturizing face wash: try Cetaphil, CeraVe, and I've heard good things about Aveeno products too.

Also, I found that almost every time I opened this, some of the product had leaked and flilled up the cap/lip. I was usually able to scoop some out to use, but some of the product definitely slipped out and was wasted. Not too devastated, seeing as I gave this a chance for a few weeks but I won't be using it any longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not sure where all the negative reviews come from, this cleaners is lovely! It's one of the few products out there that actually cleans my face, removes my waterproof makeup, and leaves my face feeling balanced, not tight or dry. Bonus is that it doesn't have any annoying, irritating scents. My is to dry to combo.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

Really like it. It does not have any smell and it lasts for a long time. Feels good and clean after washing with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a "neutral" cleanser, meaning one that is not moisturizing, nor stripping. This is proving to be a difficult task.

I originally reviewed this in Feb 2014, and gave this product 4 lippies. But since February, I've discovered that this product leaves build-up on my face. I have oily skin and maybe the combination of my oily skin and the "moisturizing" ingredients result in this build-up.

I especially noticed this when I washed my face with this product, then applied cleansing clay masks right after. The masks actually lost efficacy; they could not clean my skin as efficiently because there was a layer of indeterminant crap on my face. As a result, even after using powerful green and fuller's earth clays, my pores still looked huge.

I experimented with cleaning my face first with Origins Never A Dull Moment cleanser, then using the fuller's earth clay mask, and yes, the mask worked and deeply cleaned out my pores noticeably.

This was an OK cleanser in the winter, but now that the weather is warming up, and my skin will likely get oilier, I definitely won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

I've been using this face wash for about a year now, and I love it. It doesn't break me out, doesn't dry out your skin, and it doesn't smell like the burning smell of alcohol like several others do. I will continue to repurchase this :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Vanorangejuice

Ick. With 'moisturizing' in the name you'd think it would actually moisturize your skin. Exact opposite. I used this with my Clarisonic thinking they would make a nice combo. Not horrible, but after I'd wash my face, my skin would be so tight I would have to slather on the Cetaphil lotion. Using the two together I actually reached a point of flaky skin and it being so dry it hurt. I have since switched to the Purity made simple cleanser and only 1x a day use with the Clarisonic. A cheap cleanser, but put your money towards something different!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by hannahps

This is a pretty good face wash. It's soothing and cleans my face without any greasy residue. You do need a moisturizer or lotion on top as it doesn't really 'moisturize', but as far as face washes go, this one is pretty good. No scent and no colour for those of you who (like me) have very sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product sucks. no, literally, it SUCKS the life out of your face... I'm not a huge fan of leaving such negative reviews on a product unless I feel strongly about it.. my face is easy, it doesn't ask for much. Not prone to breakouts, alittle dry in winter but thats it. Though this product doesnt break me out, oh boy does it SUCK THE LIFE out of my skin.. it does an ok job taking the makeup off.. but after washing my face with this, my face looks like I've been dead or in the artic with no hospitality for months.. SO DRYING.. I cannot stress enough. overall, I might reccomend to someone who had oily skin.. it doesn't make me breakout or irritated which is nice given the other facts but .. would never repurchase not in a million years.. huge disappointment :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jessinfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't see how this has such bad reviews. I messed up my face so bad with a different product. it dried and burned my skin so bad that it was constantly itching and turning a dark color so I decided this was my best choice for a cleanser since my skin was so sensitive and I was not disappointed! it slowly but surely began repairing my skin and left it feeling soft. I stopped using it since my skin is back to the way it was and I'm now able to use other products for my skin but I will definitely buy again once I run out of my current face wash!