August 22, 2014 | 1819 users online

BB Cream - Too Faced - Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rachelleeeigh

I got this product from Ulta and one of the workers tested it on my face to assure it was the correct color. First of all, this product is very, very yellow-based. I finished the entire tube due to lack of any other foundations at the time and the closer I got to the end, the more sticky and orange the product became. It didn't make my face oily but it did make my face appear to be shiny and oily when I was wearing it, much too shiny for me to label it as "dewy". If I'm remembering properly the texture is relatively good as long as you are not near the end, comparable to Maybelline's BB Cream. The coverage is light, and is good if you want to just even out your facial coloring rather than covering freckles or small imperfections. If you want to cover acne or dark circles at all, concealer is completely necessary as the product has no effect on covering either problem.

My experience was not positive and I would not buy again, however experience probably varies from person to person depending on their undertones and what they need to cover.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by itsmyparty87

Okay let me start by saying I really wanted to like this product. Unfortunately this is one of the worst BB/Tinted moisturizers I've ever bought. I purchased this because I wanted something that I could easily apply on my face and would give me a little coverage when I was in a hurry. I paid $30+ thinking this product would do the job. I was so incredibly disappointed. This product provides no coverage AT ALL!!! All this product does is tint your face a different color. Your blemishes, dark areas on your face, every imperfection shows right through. Not only that but in the sunlight my skin looked orange. I honestly don't know what the point of this product is. Unless you have perfect skin, I wouldn't recommend this product. I could see this product maybe working for a teen that's just getting into makeup...I love love Too Faced products but this was a complete fail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream, but I said I wouldn't repurchase because it costs 36 euros here and I can get The Balm's tinted moisturizer for 12 euros and it is just as good. I also wouldn't repurchase even if there were no difference in price just because I like experimenting with new products that I haven't tried before. But as for this cream itself, it's really nice. I found it gave light, sheer coverage, a little less than the Balm TM. But you can build it up. I apply it with fingers. It gives a nice light coverage, not airbrushed and flawless but I don't like airbrished and flawless look cuz it doesn't look natural, because no one over the age of 16 has naturally perfect skin I think. Looks natural and like you are not wearing anything and just naturally have good, smooth, poreless skin, but not flawless skin. It won't cover everything, I have some melasma from having a baby during the hot, sunny Mediterranean summer and it attenuates the melasma but doesn't cover it up completely. Other than that I have good skin with no blemishes or wrinkles though, so I don't have a lot to cover up. It does look glowy, to me, not oily or greasy, but I don't have oily skin and I appreciate a glow. I'm around NC20-25 and I found the Vanilla Glow was a good match.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Maria2009

I really like this BB cream. I don't have problem skin so I don't need a full coverage foundation. This is perfect for an everyday use. I am nc30 in mac and use the creme glow and looks perfect. I will definitely repurchase this

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by pritalaras

i really want to like this product cause I find that their eye shadows are amazing. I got the free sample, cream glow color. once I applied, the cream does not absorb to my skin and turn to show bigger pores, greasy looking, and does not hide any of my spots, pimples or even anything. I don't kmow if I got the color wrong but it also turns orange. At the end of the day, my face look darker and dirty, and it's hard to remove cause the product gets so sticky to my face. BB cream does not their thing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is without a doubt the worst BB cream ever. It is heavy and greasy from the moment you apply it and slides off shortly after. The finish is an awful metallic looking mess that actually accentuated my wrinkles and flaws! And did I mention it oxidized also? Yuck. Ironically, I like many of Too Faced's other products, but this one is a huge flop. I think Smashbox makes the best BB..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by shivanisud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I worked in cosmetics and tried all the bb creams, and ,for some weird reason, I liked this one the best! Actually, I really ended up liking all of too faced's products :) but back to the bb cream, it's very liquidy, which is great for me because my acne medication tends to dry out my skin. It might make some people's face shiny (and maybe it does for me too?) but my skin gets shiny/oily no matter what and I just blot with some blotting paper during the day. The cream is pretty lightweight so if you're looking for heavy coverage maybe it's not for you? It's more like medium coverage, and it has a touch of shimmer... Not enough so that you're face looks sparkly but so it reflects light and blurs imperfections. It's a good lightweight product everyday for work/ school or something! And not extravagantly pricey... I think around $30? Try it out :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage is very light and does not cover pores very well. The product comes in a few shades and my color match was Vanilla Glow, but there was no glow to be had, only a shine. When applied, the finish smoothes the skin, but does not make me look young. Not only does this BB turn orange, it accentuates any budding wrinkles and makes me look older. There are way better Beauty Balms to be bought.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by NataLaLa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Given this is a BB cream, I was pleasantly surprised by the EXCELLENT wear and coverage, even in a hot + humid climate. And Too Faced are a vegan brand, love them! My only criticism is the colour selection - details below:

My skin and environment:
Olive/ yellow toned, sensitive and prone to breaking out, combination, some pigment-scarring from acne.
Hot humid climate - my face perspires quite a bit.

My makeup base needs/ preferences:
I was after a light makeup base that I could use on a daily basis (read: not heavy coverage). Important things to me are: non irritating or comedogenic, good colour match, easy to use packaging, animal friendly!

How I wear this product:
1. I apply to clean, un-moisturised skin using my fingers.
2. Lightly dust YB mineral rice setting powder on my eyelids (minimise mascara transfer), cheeks (easier blush application) and nose (shine control).

Result:
Surprisingly decent coverage! I was not after remarkable coverage and when this product 'sets' it provides an even toned 'airbrush' effect, even on my scarred cheeks. This did not sink into pores or wrinkles, and stays put even after a sweaty bike-ride. The light 'sparkle' is actually flattering and to my liking. This stays put and matt all day, I do not have to touch up at all!. My only issue is the colour range which I discuss in the 'cons' below.

Pros:
1. Easy application and quantity control.
2. Buildable cover (if that's what you're after).
3. Minimises pores and wrinkles.
4. Does not budge! No touching up required.
5. Flattering and very subtle 'sparkle'.
6. Feels light on the skin and (for me) did not cause break out or skin irritation.
7. Too Faced are a vegan, animal loving brand, awww.

Cons:
1. The colour selection (for me) - ugh! I only tried 'Linen' and 'Nude Glow', and both were 'kinda ok'. I would like to see med/ darker shades with a yellow/ olive base, as both the darker shades a pink based. The 'Nude Glow' is a more neutral tone and has a lovely dew 'sparkle' to it, but a little too dark for me. The 'Linen' looks quite pink in the tube, but actually sets to a colour that is more neutral, but still makes me look a little pinkish (the sparkle is also more subtle). Another thing to consider is that some of the shades 'set' darker on the skin. So although 'Linen' looked very light when I tested it, when I wear it, it is a better match.
2. This costs $47 in Australia, yikes. I think that is totally worth it if you have a perfect colour match. I will still buy this, but I would be much happier about it if the colour was better suited to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Lauren6191

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for dry skin I loved the feel and thought it had great coverage. It's pricey but will last a long time. In the winter my skin sucks and I have sensitive skin on top of that but it worked well on me!