April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this. Just so you know I have combination eye problems not too bad but annoying. My under eyes can be dry and if i dont use a good concealer it gets cakey but they also can get oily and make my concealer crease - I also have slight darkness in my inner corners thanks to my dad lol. I was looking for something that could obviously highlight and conceal which it stated and I bought this due to the reviews. I have to say as far as highlighting it's really good - it didn't crease much for me not as much as other concealers that I've had - it didn't get cakey on me it actually blended quite flawlessly - my only problem is that I wish the pigment was truer or formulation was thicker because when I put this on I have to go in for a 2cnd coat and my under eye circles aren't that bad but they still showed through but I have to say with all the other good things I can deal for the price and quality. & another thing CURSE CLICK PENS ! I hate them and I hate it on this.

I had to add to this review to give a little better insight after using this for awhile. First I wanted to say which I forgot in the first one was that this concealer didn't irritate my skin at all if anyone was wondering & as far as blemishes I don't have much but I do get them and when I do they tend to be really red and this did a good job of covering that. Another thing was I haven't been using a primer for a long time because I had not found a good one that was hydrating enough for my dry skin and didn't break me out ( I will be reviewing soon ) but now I did. Before I had stated that I felt like I needed to use a lot of product to cover my dark circles but when I got my primer and used it in conjunction with this concealer the color became more true and since then it covers much better so for that I put a lippy back :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've wanted this for a long time. I finally picked it up and realized that it's not what I thought. I thought for some reason that this would highlight and blur certain areas. But for me, it just looks a little cakey. :( I'm very sad. I only apply this in the inner corners of my eyes/nose area and sometimes down my nose. And it does highlight those areas. I don't know. It just doesn't really do it for me. It's o-k-a-y, but I think I will continue my quest for the perfect concealer/highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for something that replaces your expensive wand of YSL Touche Eclat, then this might actually be it. This is not meant as a concealer but rather something that brightens, so you'd put it in the same places you put the Touche Eclat. However dabbing this on monster blemishes will not work, if you read carefully on the package this isn't exactly a concealor.

I put this on over my makeup in the car just after buying it after a super rough week at work and people kept asking if I was tired (yes I was and I was sadly out of my YSL). I dabbed a little around the eyes and instantly looked more awake and bright. I then used to it to contour my cupids bow and just under my bottom lip and to make my mouth appear fuller, just as I have with the Touche Eclat. It blended beautifully and well over the makeup I already had on which was very delightful.

At 7 bucks, I find this to be a great runner up when I cant get my hands or wallet on YSL.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by SarahC1086

I bought this product solely to use as a contouring tool - to highlight certain areas. The product itself is WAY too thick, almost like a paste. It is difficult to blend/rub it all in to my skin. It does not cover imperfections very well, however, like I said, I only bought it to highlight so this did not bother me. I will continue to use it as a highlighting tool (under my eyes, in between my brows, down the center of my nose) until it runs out but I probably won't purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Adorei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20 and this is a perfect match for me for concealing.

I use it under my brows, under my eyes and the area near and to cover up the redness on the side of my nose.

It's not cakey, doesn't crease under my eyes (that's a first for me, everything creased before) and I actually really like the brush. I apply it in little thin streaks and blend out with my fingers or a sponge. It's a new product so the brush may be a little ugly after a couple months, we'll see.

I will buy another one in a lighter color to try highlighting, this one is best for concealing.
Makes the under eye circles disappear and also that line that separates them from "normal" skin. I couldn't make them disappear before, so I'm really in love with this product.

If I hold the pen down towards the brush and use the clicker, I don't have to turn it a thousand time so that's a thing you want to try if you came by this problem a lot of people complain about.

Will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Bellaxbeauty

I think the gives the right amount of brightens under my eyes, where I use it daily. It is very creamy and its never creases. I usually moisturize my face and under my eyes before i apply the product. I am very pleased with this product. I would recommend for some one who is looking to cover their under eye darkness and highlight around the nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

I have been using this product for about a year now and I love it. It is not really a very good 'concealer' but I used it on dark circles under my eyes and it definitely brightens up my face! Ivory is a little light but it works great.

I wouldn't use it on spots but it is great for hiding redness and dark circles! I have been repurchasing for a while now and it's just great.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by TheCuteLittleBeautyBlog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok. It brightens, but doesn't concealer very well at all. My dark circles are very minor and it doesn't cover them. But in top of another concealer it is great to brighten.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Isalia

I really like the product itself. It brightens my face and really does conceal. But I hate the packaging. I have to turn the the bottom so many times before any product comes out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bellabaaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

3.75/5. Impressed with the coverage. Does it's job well, especially on under eye circles if you apply in dots and then dab with a finger. Although I am not a big fan of the twist applicator... took me at least 15 full turns the first time I tried to use it - I thought it was broken!
Gives a dewy look to my normal skin, but those with oily skin should not use this as it would bring this out.
Although this is a pretty good product, I will not repurchase for several reasons.

1. Maybelline tests on animals. I will find a better alternative that does not advocate putting animals through torture, like BeneFit (this was a gift)
2. Hardly any product