November 23, 2014 | 1114 users online

Eyes - Revlon - Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as part of my Revlon buy-1 purchase extravaganza at CVS...I bought a bunch of Revlon PhotoReady stuff and this was one of the products I had wanted to try.
I don't know if it comes in different shades--Mine is #3...I don't know if there are lighter tones...I'm white like paper and this looks fine...it blends right down no problem.
It says you can use it as a eyelid primer and whatever...I don't like it on my eyelids--it gets kinda 'chunky' and looks like dry skin no matter how little you use(and I definitely do not have dry eyelids lol)....
As a brightener/concealer it works great! I use it under makeup to lighten and counter dark circles. And over foundation, you can use it to touch up during the day if you're like me and life beats you down and you wind up looking like a raccoon, just swipe some of this on and your eyes will look fresh and dewy again!lol
I would love to see this in lighter tones--I'd use it for highlighting my cheekbones and stuff...but it's a tad dark, and for my fair skin, works best as a concealer.
I don't like clicker pens and this comes that way--no tube or anything available. I hate these things because they always put out way more product than you need so it winds up sitting in the bristles getting funky til you're ready to use it again...I just despise these pens. The one redeeming thing about this one though is it's a fatter pen so the brush is also fatter--that way you can apply it to your eye area and pat it in without much fuss....some of the other clicker-pen type products have way too skinny brushes and you wind up with a line of concealer that's impossible to blend out--this works more like an actual concealer brush, so I give it points for that...But really, can we just get over these clicker pens?...They're soo wasteful and dispense far too much product!
Overall, I love this stuff alot--way better than the L'oreal version and every other one out there. The only competition I can think of Yves St. Laurent, which comes in a multitude of colors, *but* YSL is *Not* high-def, and this is....
Definitely a fab product and if you can pick it up on sale or with a CVS coupon, I highly recommend it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by neptunesglow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Simply put; does absolutely for me. Looked like a maybe substitute for my EL Ideal Light in the package. No brightening at all. Just faded into nothing.
Too expensive for something to put on my eyes as a primer. For the younger crowd I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by RoniRamone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been a bit apprehensive in the past about primers because I never really wanted to spend the money, so I'd usually use concealer as a primer for my eyelids. HOWEVER I bought this little baby and I wore it today under my Revlon colorstay eyeshadow and some Maybelline eyeshadow as liner and some Clinique mascara and for the first time in my life it stayed put. I can get quite oily skin and so I tend to avoid wearing eye make up a lot because it usually ends up all over my face, but this product prevented that! My concerns are that the the winding tool it uses to dispense the primer is really confusing, so I ended up using a fair bit more than I needed because I couldn't see how much had already come out. Also when I put it on this morning my eye area did sting a little bit, but not for too long, and that didn't happen when I tried it the night before. But as a drug store cosmetic queen, I will definitely be buying this baby again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by lala494

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

first i don't really do make up and it took me a little wile to really understand what this was actually intended for but i do really like it now and it has lasted ages too which i didn't think it would ( really small amount)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by cassiehunt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely had to write a review on the Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer + Brightener!
I had seen a few negative reviews after i had purchased it (Impulse pharmacy purchase when they had 2 for the price of 1 on revlon...who could resist?). But, back to the point - I definitely applied it on skeptically!

(the product was applied after foundation - but i dont like to put a lot of foundation around my eyes to avoid too much build up and creasing)

It comes in a tiny tube that really doesn't have a lot of product in it - But the great thing about that? You honestly don't need a lot at all! I can see this tube lasting a long time as long as i'm careful not to make accidental twists of the end of the tube and create excess. I placed two small dabs (TINY DABS) on my upper eyelid and blended them all the way to the below the arch of my eyebrow. The colour was wonderful and i didn't need to apply any additional highlighting to my brow. I place THREE small dabs on my under eye and blended them out to my hair line with absolutely no need for additional product or highlighting. There was no noticeable smell and although it went on quite thin and a little went a long way, the colour it gave was so subtle and gorgeous that it looked really natural and worked as a great face coffee! Definitely made me look alive.

So - I apply it at 8 AM, come home at 10 PM....and OH YES i had been to the gym.

/Drum roll please....
MY EYESHADOW AND EYELINER ARE STILL PERFECTLY IN PLACE!?

This is the absolute first time this has ever happened to me! I have the slimiest and greasiest and meanest eyelids known to man kind and nothing has ever stuck in place before!

I had heavy eyeshadow and a winged eyeliner all day and i looked bloody fabulous - Thankyou revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Gracejennifer27

AMAZING! Can use not only on eyes but also as a highlighter if you want a glow under foundation.
good brush- easily to apply
better for people with pink undertones in their skin.
can not find anything wrong with this product-
although..
CONS:
it does crease if put over eye before shadow.

other than that no big dramas!

would buy it again and again for a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Chachachar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. It goes over my foundation. I put it under my eyes and on top of my cheek bones then blend and set with a light powder. Really opens my eyes up and makes me look more awake and bright. Great as an eyeshadow primer, my eyeshadow lasted and no creases.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LAME. This does absolutely nothing to dark circles, or any skin actually. It probably doesn't help that this is actually a bit darker than my natural skin colour, so brightening was out of the question - and the formula is so thin and watery that it gives little to no coverage anyway. I like some other Revlon things, but not this. POOR.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just picked this stuff up to put on under my concealer. I brighten up my undereyes (in a triangle surrounding my nose and then cover it with concealer. It seems to last ALL day. I didn't expect it to last so long, but when I went to take my makeup off 14 hours later, it was still looking beautiful. It gets rid of my dark undereyes (or helps at least since I wear it under my concealer) but it works better than when I use my concealer alone (I use Hard Candy Glamoflauge). I haven't used it too much as a highlighter but it would be great for that as well. Overall I am impressed and I will probably repurchase. One thing I didn't like was the applicator, but the consistency is a little liquid-like so I don't know how else they could package this without making it have a messier application. overall, good find!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by trazadone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised about all the negative reviews here and I feel bad that not everybody got the same great results I have been getting from this product. Oh well, different body chemistry...

First off, I think Revlon has come a long way since I was a teenager and has made a lot of improvements to their products. I don't normally buy drugstore brands simply because the vast majority of them test on animals and Revlon is one of the very few that doesn't, so I like to keep them in my rotation.

Their Photoready line has been nothing but good to me so far and the eye brightening/primer has not let me down. I love the color and consistency and the way it goes on thing and smooth and dries fast. I am pale with pink eyelids and this evens out my coloring so I can wear it alone, and works great as a primer under my shadow. I have not creased yet!

My only complaint, and it's kind of big, is that I just hate the twist up clicky applicator. I can't maneuver it with one hand, and can't control how much product comes out, so I know I'm wasting a lot of product. It would be perfect with UDPPs new packaging of the squeezey tube.

But since this has worked well and made me happy, I will buy this again.