July 29, 2014 | 1556 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by ksk07

This is the best highlighter, hands down! I have fair skin and radiant (pink toned) looks amazing on me! I don't know why anyone would pay over twice the cost for a high end highlighter pen.. This one is so affordable and does wonders to brighten my face! I have no desire to try any high end versions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by troo12

Yes, yes, and yes! I love this for my inner eye and the bridge of nose! It brightens my eyes perfectly and blends well :) It also works great on my cupid's bow for some extra definition.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Radiant and love it for highlighting! I am about an NW15-20 and I use this on my forehead, nose,smile area, around my nose, under my eyes, and down the bridge of my nose. This bad boy is fantastic I draw an upside down triangle on my forehead a line, down my nose, small upside down triangles under my eyes, and the other places I mentioned. I then use a blending brush for concealer. I find the one from ELF works really well. Mind you I apply all of this over my foundation but before powder. It blends into my skin so seamlessly! It totally highlights and brightens my skin.

It lasts and it is pretty reasonably priced. I have Mister Light and I love this just as much as my HE one! If you purchase this in the Radiant shade I would only recommend it for highlighting because of the slight luminosity and it does not cover spots. Or they will stand out with this particular shade. If you use this for highlighting you will love this! I know I do because it's so easy to use and it works on my fair skin. This is a great pen if you don't want to splurge on the HE one's I for one am glad I have this one as well because it does work very nicely. I keep this one in my daily MU bag so it gets used a lot. If you like pens for illuminating this little gem will treat you right! Recommended:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by savyy

I was using Mac Prep + Prim hi-lighter but it looked dry, cakey and settled into fine lines. I got the Loreal in nude to cover dark circles and ivory to hi-light. It covers pretty good and no caking and hardly settled into fine lines. It has a nice finish not matte but not too sparkly. It's also alot cheaper than Mac.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lushie22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this concealer, I am 13 and it worked amazingly on my pale skin, it covered up my under eye circles, and it HELPED to cover my spots, although they were not completely covered, but I still love it. I purchased it around a week ago. It has a mutual smell, its texture is thick, but does not look cakey (yay!) I am really into make-up, it is my passion, so this works perfectly! I have the shade 01 ivory. it does not highlight for me, but I believe this is because the shade was too dark for me, even though it still blended perfectly!! LOVE IT! I will be repurchasing it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by sparklek

I bought the pink toned Radiant version as a replacement for my Benefit Erase Paste. It doesn't hold a candle to the Erase Past, obviously, but that's what happens when you spend $6. But I do like this as an inexpensive alternative. I use it as a base concealer, to just cancel out any blue toned under eye circles. Don't even bother with the actual brush, I just dab it on and use a Real Techniques brush to blend it out. I put a yellow skin toned concealer over it. It actually works nice. The formula is fairly thin, so it doesn't crease. Probably will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Megzimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm currently using my second one of this concealer. It's amazing and has great coverage, I use this under my eyes and on my face and blemishes. It's super brightening so you look fresh with no visible shimmer. It has a great consistency and it blends well as long as you do it close to application time. I find it works best when blended with your fingers rather then a sponge or brush. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging but I don't think it is do bad that I would stop buying the concealer. Would totally recommend for anyone looking for a good drugstore concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

I like the packaging, but this stuff is awful. i have nc30-35 skin and this makes your undereyes grey w/o concealer on the bottom, and if used as a highlighter it just leaves a pink line on your face. I never got the hype. I prefer highlighting with the mac pro long wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Dream Lumi is described as concealer, however I believe the true description should be "highlighting concealer".

The true aim for the Dream Lumi in my opinion - is brightening and face highlighting. I believe the shades it comes with are a bit too bright (even for those with pale skin) to be used as a concealer to cover blemishes and spots.

Packaging: it comes in this pencil-concealer shape with a squeezing mechanism in it that pushes the product up through a mini brush at the end. I hate the brush though - it has such stiff and hard bristles (in comparison to my other high-end products of a similar use) that I find if I would actually use it to apply the product, I would scratch my gentle and thin under-eye skin badly.

Texture: Dream Lumi has this actually quite pigmented and thick formulation, one needs a very tiny bit of a product for a needed highlighting effect.

Use: personally I find this product works best to brighten up the under-eye bags (after corrector) to give that well-rested look to the skin, whereas you might not sleep at all. It would be also great when applied to the high points of the face, like cheekbones, cupid's bow, bridge of the nose..so on.

I was debating whether to put Yes/No on re-purchasing this one. I believe the rich pigmentation of the Dream Lumi will make it last for a year if not more. There might be new products to try out on the makeup market, so probably that says Dream Lumi is not a HG product for me! Yet it is very affordable and look great when buffed out carefully. 4/5

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product at Walmart last year when I was experimenting with highlighting and contouring. This product came recommended as a good budget option for this purpose. If I remember correctly, I was able to purchase this for around $5 or $6 - not super cheap, but still reasonable for a drugstore brand.

The packaging quality isn't luxe or anything, as to be expected, but I quite liked the design, not only for storage purposes in my makeup bag, but for application purposes as well. It's like a pen with a brush at the end, which is great for precision. There's a dial at the bottom to twist in order to get the product out. I did have to be careful not to twist too much and flood the applicator brush with product, though.

The formula is light and kind of a thin cream. It has light catching pigments that deliver on the promise of a luminous finish. I was nervous about this when trying it, because I was worried it could be too shimmery, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was also easy to blend. I applied it above my cheekbones and into my under eye area as a highlighter, after applying a thicker concealer over my dark circles. Because I used it as a highlighter, I chose a shade lighter than my skintone. I forget what shade that was - I just guessed and it worked out.

This worked really well as a highlighting concealer, especially for a glowy makeup look that uses other products with subtle shimmer. I wouldn't use it purely for covering up dark circles - it would not provide enough coverage. In the end, I decided that after experimentation that the full blown HAC approach to makeup isn't really the look I am going for, so I did not repurchase. However, this is a decent, inexpensive product that delivers on its promises, even if it's not a good fit for my own personal use.

I would definitely recommend this product to someone who likes the HAC makeup look regardless of budget. For this reason I give it a 4.