April 24, 2014 | 1091 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 08

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mish0257

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this lipstick and had no idea it was Kate Moss anything when I purchased. I love the color, looks pretty on me and I have very little natrual lip color. Pretty pink color not too pink or too light or dark. Price was fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

Overall, this lipstick is good but not the best I've ever tried. I still prefer Revlon over this.

Colour: I ordered this online so was apprehensive about the colour. I checked the colour swatches online but the colour of the lipstick looked nothing like the colour swatches. The lipstick is a mauvey yet pinky colour so it looks like a pinky version of MLBB, which is not the look I was going for. The swatches looked more natural MLBB. I'm quite tan so the pinky colour doesn't look very natural or flattering on me. I don't recommend this colour to tan people!!

Product: The lipstick itself is soft and the colour goes on easily. However, there isn't much staying power and the lipstick disappears quite easily even without eating/drinking. The lipstick also has a really weird smell which I don't really like, but thankfully it disappears quite quickly upon application.

Packaging: The packaging is exactly as it looks in the picture. The packaging does not feel plasticky or flimsy so I think it'll hold up well in any make up bag. On the downside, it doesn't feel particularly luxurious either and its just a very normal lipstick case.

I wouldn't buy this again because I think the Revlon lipsticks which I usually use are much better. Although this is cheaper, the Revlon ones are definitely worth the higher price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by btobey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick in the Rimmel line and one of my all-time favorites as well! I tend to like all Rimmel lipsticks, but the new Kate Moss line seems to have even nicer colors (although I STILL wish Rimmel would offer more variety!).

This is definitely a MLBB color on me. I would described it as a fleshy pink, but it definitely gives my lips color and is NOT a nude. It goes on super-creamy, AND it seems to last forever--for some reason, it has BETTER staying power than the other lipsticks I've tried in the Kate Moss line! I would definitely purchase #08 again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a surprisingly great lipstick. On me, it's a neutral, soft rose/nude, and the texture is firm and even. I love this lipstick because it's not too orange, too gray, too brown, too light, or too dark. It's the perfect saturation of color and hue for my skin, and it makes me look polished but super-natural. I'm also surprised by how good the texture and wear are. A lot of drugstore lipsticks are too greasy. They shift around and disappear quickly or don't apply evenly. This lipstick wears better than MAC, imo, and it's comfortable. Some people may be put off by the scent–it's a bit of a strange spicy floral, but I'm used to it. I had never tried a Rimmel lipstick before this one, but really impressed by the quality of this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

Excellent MLBB shade for me. Rich, mauvey neutral color with a slight cool tone to it. It really is the same color as my lips, just deeper. I especially like to wear this color with jewel-toned clothing.

Goes on well, especially over balm. Stays put, too, although after a couple of cups of coffee I need to retouch.

Not a super-matte finish - slight sheen to it and a very faint, unobtrusive scent.

Between this and #14, I have my two go-to, everyday shades. Hope they never ever discontinue these, but just in case, I have several backups!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by caperucita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a MLBB shade; it's supposed to be a cream (no shimmer), but on me it looks a little bit frosty, which is not my favourite finish :/ So I have to be in the mood to wear it. I find that, if I don't moisturize and exfoliate my lips prior to wearing this, it makes my lips awfully dry. It wears for about three or four hours whithout eating and drinking. It's an okay lipstick, but there's much better lipsticks out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted more of the Kate Moss line after purchasing #11 & #6, so I gave this rosey mauve a try. Definitely not a typical color for me -- I'm deep brown, so I usually go bold or glossy. But I adore the creamy pigmented formula of these lipsticks and decided to try it anyway. On me, it's too pale pink alone, but it has enough of a hint of caramel to do a pinky nude lip with a brownish liner. It's got a slight shimmer that keeps the paleness from looking chalky. I've topped it with Bigelow's plum mint mentha lip tint and absolutely love that combo. It's not a color I would buy again or really recommend for darker skin tones, but it's overall a good product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great colour but so moist it fades fast. Why bother putting it on? There are better lipsticks out there that last more than an hour.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh, how I wish I could give this 5 lippies! I've been searching for YEARS for an adequate replacement of my old, beloved, now sadly discontinued Maybelline Windsor Rose, which is the best MLBB shade I've ever had, and I've finally found it! Shade-wise, at least. It's a perfect dusky rose with a little bit of warmth to it; very natural and great for everyday wear. The other good news is that the packaging is adorable (sleek black with Kate's signature and heart in red along the side), and I found it very affordable - $5, even without a coupon!

However, the formula itself could use a *lot* of work. It only stays on for a few hours (and that's without meals) and rubs off really easily, and when it does rub off, what's left dries into this really unpleasant flaky crust around the corners of your mouth. I've also found it to be fairly drying, and it does tend to highlight any cracks or lines in your lips, which enhances the dehydrated-looking effect. However, a layer of balm under the lipstick itself seems to solve most of these problems (otherwise, even despite the perfect shade, I would not be repurchasing), so it's not unworkable, just needs a little extra attention.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Noellovesfall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a bit surprised that one reviewer said it wasn't complimenting to her skin tone, she's a NC42. I'm a NC42 as well and I think this compliments my skin tone beautifully, in a sense this color is a mlbb lip product, it's a creamy matte pinkish brownish nude sort of speak. I love this product and will stock up on this a long with trying other colors in this collection.