Avon Shine Attract

2.8

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Octyldodecanol , Ethylenediamine/Hydrogenated Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer Bis-Di-C14-18 Alkyl Amide , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Stearyl Dimethicone , Dibutyl Lauroyl Glutamide , Barium Sulfate , Dibutyl Ethylhexanoyl Glutamide , Diisostearyl Malate , Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Silica , Parfum/Fragrance , Bht , Tocopheryl Acetate , Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer , Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer , Acrylates Copolymer , Perfluorooctyl Triethoxysilane.

on 4/30/2012 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Avon in Australia will be releasing Shine Attract Lipstick (their own version of the 'hybrid' lipstick/gloss) in the 12th campaign this year. The shade I have is Mysterious Mauve and is a heavily pink based purple.
The colour is encapsulated in a clear, gelatinous, fruity scented gloss which provides the shine aspect of the lipstick. The colour can be buildable, but will always contain the sheen and feel of a gloss. I found that lips need to be exfoliated first otherwise the colour will settle into cracks and lines. Shine Attraction also needs to be reapplied during the day to ensure 'shine'.
Worth looking into if you want the rich colour of a lipstick, but prefer the feeling of a gloss.

on 4/24/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Firstly, the picture from Avon is very misleadingly photoshopped, it looks like a vivid colour encrusted in a clear crystal cylinder. Wrong, the real product looks nothing like that, the clear gloss part is somewhat dingy yellowish, semi-transparent. To make things worse, the colour part showed up in a narrow strip across the lip, which looks riduclous unless you blend it with the finger or a lipbrush.
Although the postage costs more than the 2 products I purchased from Avon, I did that anyway to make a point.
This got to be the worst-est Avon product I've tried.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Thankfully I got this product for free from ASOS. I wasn't expecting anything and still I was disappointed.

The product is a gimmick. Putting a thick border of gloss around the actual lipstick is just impractical. You just can't really take the lipstick out and put it on, at least not so neatly and effortlessly.

The color is nice and the payoff is good. Well for this lipstick anyway. I don't know the name of the color but it's a red with a pinkish hue.

The smell is okay but the taste is just terrible. It's so chemical and it stays on your mouth forever. Even if this were the most awesome lipstick ever made I would throw it away. The taste is that bad. Also the packaging looks extra cheap. I can't believe Pixiwoo sisters are endorsing this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a couple of these recently in fuschia and red. I really like them. I knew when I ordered them from my Avon lady (aka mom) that they wouldn't be as opaque as a lipstick but I'm ok with that for a quick bit of color. I honestly really like the scent. I don't know why but I do. It's kinda fruity and doesn't bother me at all. I like that they are not sticky at all and apply easily. Plus, the silver tube is nice as they stand out in my lippie bag.

on 4/1/2012 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because it was being advertised in magazines as a hot new product. I ordered one as soon as it became available. It looked pretty sleek when I opened the tube and viewed the product. The color I purchased was a mauve color. When I put it on my lips it glided on smoothly. It felt nice..not sticky at all to me. However, I was very disappointed because the color doesn't show on the lips. Why give them colors if it is just going to be a clear shiny gloss on the lips. I kept rubbing hard on my lips trying to see if color would emerge, but nope. Nothing came out. I even asked a friend of mine how my lips looked, and she said that they were very shiny and that's all. If I wanted clear cheap gloss, I would've bought an old cheapie like Wet N Wild or something. I paid 6.00 for the Avon one. Not impressed at all and won't buy again, but I'll keep it since I don't believe in throwing money down the drain. Thanks.

on 3/4/2012 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't have a problem with the packaging or fruity scent of rhe product. but I don't like the clear product that encircles the actually lipcolor of the lipstick. It is weird to me and the color goes unevenly. Trying a clear balm would be cheaper. Avon makes much better lip products than this in their regular line.

on 2/29/2012 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I agree with Chickadee - I can't get past the smell of this product. Gorgeous colors - but oh that smell! And I am a major lip products junkie. If I of all people can't stand it - then I don't know how anyone else can either. Yuck. Get your act together Avon. You make way too much money to try & pass this crap off to people & at $9.00 a tube? Get real!

on 2/29/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I ordered one of these in fuchsia flare, and was pleasantly surprised. It does go on pretty sheer, but I really like that. It feels fairly moisturizing, and wears down to a stain after an hour or so. Like others have said, I wouldn't pay full price but would definitely buy more when they're on sale.

on 2/24/2012 10:27:00 AM

I bought two of these lipsticks, one in Nude Attract and one in All Around Russet. Both are slick medium-coverage colors that make my lips feel good and wear for several hours.

I wouldn't pay $9.00 each for these (which is what the regular price is listed as), but at the $4.99 sale price, they're a great value. I like the small diameter of the stick, as I can swipe it on even without a mirror and not have color past the edges of my lips.

I'm tempted to get more of these - they are glossy and sheer, so it makes wearing a deep or bright color a little easier during the day.

on 2/21/2012 3:10:00 PM

I freakin LOVE this lipstick. It's all in one product.chapstick-lipstick-lip gloss- lip stain---Everything!!! I know some people may find it medium coverage but you can build up the color depending on your needs. Love Love Love <3 <3 <3 The clear part of this lipstick is just so cool :)

Recommended for Medium Skin