January 27, 2015 | 1156 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i hope they dont discontinue this lip stain. i have it in 150. it tastes like fruit punch to me lol. the color is beautiful. its a coral red color. im not really good at describing but its really nice. also love the brush. its a cool circular thing lol. i dont think it last for 10 hrs more like 2 hrs. but i still love it. please dont be discontinuing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mlleange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think they are discontinuing this product because I got a bunch on clearance for 2$. I will use extras as stock stuffers!

I have to say that for 2$ this stuff rocks but i wouldnt pay full price (10$).

It does last a while if you apply a coat and let it dry - you will get the matte stain effect. I have it in one of the deeper reds and it works beautifully at a stain. It has become my go to low maintenance lip colour. It does fade but when it does it doesnt make patches or lines! So no need to babysit. For a drugstore product staying power is decent.

I don't really like glosses, and I wouldn't use it as a gloss. The dark reds I have are too pigmented/goopy to be practical to reality as glosses, you would need too much product.

The packaging also sucks.... why so chunky and such a bad applicator?!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by LydzQcFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Forever Berry, I think it was called in Europe. And I CANNOT find this product anywhere in stores nowadays, don't know what happened to it, but I really liked.

This shade is a gorgeous, very deep berry, not for the shy ones. And no, the caps don't show the true colour inside the tube. First thing I noticed is that the glossyness is short lived. It lasted less than one hour on me, and went completely matte. Now while it's glossy, it's VERY transferable, (like any glossy product), and won't stay, won't even stain (like any glossy product), as long as it's in this state. Do anything to it and it'll go away.

For the stain part, you have to let it dry to the matte finish. At this point it's pretty much anything proof except really greasy foods. Don't go rub fried chicken skin on it, watch it leave and then complain about the staying power, you've now been warned.

The dryness. Yep, ladies (and gents if it applies) you HAVE to scrub your lips beforehands. A toothbrush is good enough for that, no need to shed a fortune on lip scrubs that'll give the exact same result.
Also you have to make sure to hydrate your lips. Apply some balm or vaseline while you do the rest of your makeup, let it absorbe, then RUB THE EXCESS. Very important.
With time unfortunatly, the colour will still settle in your fine lines. That's the one lippy I took away from the score. To prevent this as much as possible you can just apply balm over it, I have one that's not so greasy so it doesn't affect the colour and prevent me from looking as if I just came out of a camping trip to the desert.

Over all they have nice shades that are not high maintenance colour-wise as long as you let it sit on your lips for long enough to stain, but it is high maintenance lip-condition-wise as the product will show any bit of dryness you might have. A small price to pay to stay smudge-free, in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by emily822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

justt bad. i got pleasing plum . and the smell of this product is bad and it looks like i ate a purple popsicle. save and get sometging els.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

This product worked horribly for me. I initially saw lip swatches of it and the pigmentation of the darker shades drew me to purchasing it. I got fresh fuchsia. The pigmentation is great, and the color is nice. The problem I have with it is that it does NOT stay at all on my lips. Considering its called "super stay" I thought it would do a better job of staining my lips. I would use this before going on a night out expecting it to be able to handle drinks.. but if any liquid touches my lips the gloss comes straight off. It literally will just wash straight off with a little bit of water. And it leaves the horrible lipliner stain around the edges of my mouth. The product also isn't glossy as its name would suggest. The smell is also a put off for me. To me it smells like cherry cough syrup. I would not recommend. I much prefer the loreal glossy stain which actually stays on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ericasurvive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product in Ruby Indulgence and the shade is GORGEOUS. The application is very smooth and its quite easy to get it on evenly. It is a bit sticky at first, but dries quickly. It has awesome lasting power and looks beautiful for a long time. It is definitely my go to lip product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchase 160 and 170 because they are very unusual purple tones. They are not particularly glossy, they don't particularly stain that well and they certainly don't last 10 hours. Maybe they meant 10 minutes! LOL Thankfully the colors are really pretty otherwise, this product would have been a total bust.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Refreshing Red for around $2 on sale at Target. The only other stain/longwearing balms that I am familiar with and have used are the L'Oreal Infallible Plumping gloss (in Plumping Red) and the Revlon Just Bitten lip balm stain in the jumbo crayon form (in Romantic). While I wasn't expecting much from the Maybelline stain, I think I might like it a bit more than my other two. First, the texture of this at first is really slick. Very thin, but glossy. The pigmentation on this is great - two coats and I've got a nice red lip. The finish is actually more matte than I was expecting, but it does have a touch of shine to it as well. After it absorbed into my lips, it didn't feel sticky at all, but rather slightly tacky. The L'Oreal gloss was horribly sticky and thick, where as the Revlon stain stayed true to character and felt like a balm on. What I was most surprised about is how long this has stayed on - sure, it's no 10 hours, but there is no feathering or straying or the dreaded faded lips with the tell tale straying color around the edges of the lips. None of that here! Pleasantly surprised with this product, hoping that this isn't being discontinued since I purchased it for so little.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Never buy it again. I bought it during a sale, and spent very little money on it, which is the only good thing I got out of this. It wears off in the corners of your mouth almost immediately. Which makes it useless as a lip product. Maybe this works in a natural color, but it doesn't in a bright. 10 hours? More like 10 minutes. The good features were easy application and nice enough packaging. It is not at all a gloss; it dries matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing it really does stay on for an astonishing amount of time