October 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by emily822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

justt bad. i got pleasing plum . and the smell of this product is bad and it looks like i ate a purple popsicle. save and get sometging els.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

This product worked horribly for me. I initially saw lip swatches of it and the pigmentation of the darker shades drew me to purchasing it. I got fresh fuchsia. The pigmentation is great, and the color is nice. The problem I have with it is that it does NOT stay at all on my lips. Considering its called "super stay" I thought it would do a better job of staining my lips. I would use this before going on a night out expecting it to be able to handle drinks.. but if any liquid touches my lips the gloss comes straight off. It literally will just wash straight off with a little bit of water. And it leaves the horrible lipliner stain around the edges of my mouth. The product also isn't glossy as its name would suggest. The smell is also a put off for me. To me it smells like cherry cough syrup. I would not recommend. I much prefer the loreal glossy stain which actually stays on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ericasurvive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product in Ruby Indulgence and the shade is GORGEOUS. The application is very smooth and its quite easy to get it on evenly. It is a bit sticky at first, but dries quickly. It has awesome lasting power and looks beautiful for a long time. It is definitely my go to lip product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchase 160 and 170 because they are very unusual purple tones. They are not particularly glossy, they don't particularly stain that well and they certainly don't last 10 hours. Maybe they meant 10 minutes! LOL Thankfully the colors are really pretty otherwise, this product would have been a total bust.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Refreshing Red for around $2 on sale at Target. The only other stain/longwearing balms that I am familiar with and have used are the L'Oreal Infallible Plumping gloss (in Plumping Red) and the Revlon Just Bitten lip balm stain in the jumbo crayon form (in Romantic). While I wasn't expecting much from the Maybelline stain, I think I might like it a bit more than my other two. First, the texture of this at first is really slick. Very thin, but glossy. The pigmentation on this is great - two coats and I've got a nice red lip. The finish is actually more matte than I was expecting, but it does have a touch of shine to it as well. After it absorbed into my lips, it didn't feel sticky at all, but rather slightly tacky. The L'Oreal gloss was horribly sticky and thick, where as the Revlon stain stayed true to character and felt like a balm on. What I was most surprised about is how long this has stayed on - sure, it's no 10 hours, but there is no feathering or straying or the dreaded faded lips with the tell tale straying color around the edges of the lips. None of that here! Pleasantly surprised with this product, hoping that this isn't being discontinued since I purchased it for so little.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Never buy it again. I bought it during a sale, and spent very little money on it, which is the only good thing I got out of this. It wears off in the corners of your mouth almost immediately. Which makes it useless as a lip product. Maybe this works in a natural color, but it doesn't in a bright. 10 hours? More like 10 minutes. The good features were easy application and nice enough packaging. It is not at all a gloss; it dries matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing it really does stay on for an astonishing amount of time

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Makenzie4126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the color Refreshing Red. I liked it, but it was hard to apply for me. It kept wanting to rub off on the corners where it was very noticeable. The formula is great, though. It lasts quite a while but definitely not 10 hours because of eating and drinking. Overall, a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

10 hour? More like 24 hour! I love this! I can apply this in the morning, it appears glossy and finished with vivid colour, it stays in place all day no matter what I do! Even after I remove this at night, the next morning my lips will look darker than usual - it's a proper lip stain! The heart shaped wand was ok I suppose, sometimes it can get a little messy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Stain GLOSS? Not even close. There is nothing glossy about this product. After about ten to fifteen seconds it is completely absorbed into the lips, and the look is a matte stain, without a hint of shine. And it is potentially very drying. As a simple stain, I like this product because it has a natural look and a great smell. But since I bought this expecting a more glossy, balmy finish, it definitely fell short of my expectations. If you're looking for an actual stain gloss/balm that is moisturizing, try the Revlon Kissable Balm Stain. Now that's an amazing product.