July 31, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ericasurvive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product in Ruby Indulgence and the shade is GORGEOUS. The application is very smooth and its quite easy to get it on evenly. It is a bit sticky at first, but dries quickly. It has awesome lasting power and looks beautiful for a long time. It is definitely my go to lip product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchase 160 and 170 because they are very unusual purple tones. They are not particularly glossy, they don't particularly stain that well and they certainly don't last 10 hours. Maybe they meant 10 minutes! LOL Thankfully the colors are really pretty otherwise, this product would have been a total bust.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Refreshing Red for around $2 on sale at Target. The only other stain/longwearing balms that I am familiar with and have used are the L'Oreal Infallible Plumping gloss (in Plumping Red) and the Revlon Just Bitten lip balm stain in the jumbo crayon form (in Romantic). While I wasn't expecting much from the Maybelline stain, I think I might like it a bit more than my other two. First, the texture of this at first is really slick. Very thin, but glossy. The pigmentation on this is great - two coats and I've got a nice red lip. The finish is actually more matte than I was expecting, but it does have a touch of shine to it as well. After it absorbed into my lips, it didn't feel sticky at all, but rather slightly tacky. The L'Oreal gloss was horribly sticky and thick, where as the Revlon stain stayed true to character and felt like a balm on. What I was most surprised about is how long this has stayed on - sure, it's no 10 hours, but there is no feathering or straying or the dreaded faded lips with the tell tale straying color around the edges of the lips. None of that here! Pleasantly surprised with this product, hoping that this isn't being discontinued since I purchased it for so little.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by insidiousplan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Never buy it again. I bought it during a sale, and spent very little money on it, which is the only good thing I got out of this. It wears off in the corners of your mouth almost immediately. Which makes it useless as a lip product. Maybe this works in a natural color, but it doesn't in a bright. 10 hours? More like 10 minutes. The good features were easy application and nice enough packaging. It is not at all a gloss; it dries matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing it really does stay on for an astonishing amount of time

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Makenzie4126

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the color Refreshing Red. I liked it, but it was hard to apply for me. It kept wanting to rub off on the corners where it was very noticeable. The formula is great, though. It lasts quite a while but definitely not 10 hours because of eating and drinking. Overall, a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

10 hour? More like 24 hour! I love this! I can apply this in the morning, it appears glossy and finished with vivid colour, it stays in place all day no matter what I do! Even after I remove this at night, the next morning my lips will look darker than usual - it's a proper lip stain! The heart shaped wand was ok I suppose, sometimes it can get a little messy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Stain GLOSS? Not even close. There is nothing glossy about this product. After about ten to fifteen seconds it is completely absorbed into the lips, and the look is a matte stain, without a hint of shine. And it is potentially very drying. As a simple stain, I like this product because it has a natural look and a great smell. But since I bought this expecting a more glossy, balmy finish, it definitely fell short of my expectations. If you're looking for an actual stain gloss/balm that is moisturizing, try the Revlon Kissable Balm Stain. Now that's an amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

As a huge fan of Max Factor Lipfiniti, I've become spoiled by long lasting lipsticks. For the summer, I wanted a fun, glossy, sheer colour and spotted these. I bought Forever Coral and fell in love. The applicator is wonderful. Forever Coral is a lovely orangey-red perfect for the fair-skinned. Now I've bought Lasting Pink which is a lighter shade and a great pink for a redhead like me. For a darker red that's still warm, I bought Endless Ruby. All of these go on with a light gloss. The gloss aspect doesn't last for 10 hours, but it's easy to reapply since you only need to apply to the inner part of your lips. The tint aspect stays on so well that it's harder to remove at night than Lipfiniti. I wish I could give them 4.5 stars, but I had to mark them down a little because you do have to reapply throughout the day. I agree with other reviewers that the bottle should say "4 hours". I apply lip balm and then right before I apply this, I wipe the balm off thoroughly, so my lips can accept the tint; this also ensures that the colour goes on evenly. Overall, I love these glossy, sheer colours, especially for spring and summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by rodrigsu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product becuase I am tired of always reapplying my lipstick throughout the day. I thought I could do it once and be good for a while.
First off, I hated the applicator. It is very oddly shapped. Wished it was more of a rounded tip. Anyway, got it on, but had to use q-tips to apply it where I wanted it.

I have to say I was impressed initially because it lasted a good hour. After I finished my morning coffee, I always brush my teeth. After brushing my teeth there was not a sign that it was even still there. Mind you, I bought a bright fushia color. Now I didn't expect it to be bright and shiny but there was no staining of my lips, nothing. You never would have known I had it on.
I guess it's good because it washes off easily, but certainly doesn't stay on 10 hours as advertised

I know I brushed my teeth, but I have used other lip stains where my lips are still stained after brushing my teeth.
I will continue to use it, but probrably won't buy it again.