August 30, 2014 | 1839 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by jairae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally found MLBB shade!! I'm NW25 with pink undertones and have struggled finding a natural looking, nude-ish lipstick that didn't wash me out. This is so pretty, I love it. I have full lips but this makes them look fuller. Must be the moisturizers and the little glitter particles. I have no issue with the glitter, btw. It just gives me a flattering sheen, it doesn't look obvious at all on me. I don't get some reviewers claims of big glitter chunks. Maybe the formula has been changed? This seems more petal pink on me than peach. Very soft and delicate looking. My lips are left smooth and silky, but I don't ever struggle with dryness, so. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This isn't my favorite of the lip butters, but it's not bad by any means. The shade, a peachy beige neutral color, is flattering on many skin tones as an MLBB. And the glitter is noticeable, but it really is not as bad as everyone is saying!! Although it's certainly less jelly-like and moisturizing than some other shades, it's not drying.

The reason why I am writing this review is because I actually think the peachy-pink-brown sheer glitteriness of this lip butter is a great dupe for some HE lipsticks!! I find this super duper similar to Nars Pago Pago and MAC Viva Glam V. VGV is a bit pinker for example but on the lips they give a similar finish. Pago Pago and this look really really similar on my lips.

Anyway, I like this overall!! It actually reminds me of the peachy sister of Berry Smoothie formula and finish-wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Teareal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I brought it at Watson ( 1 get 1 free)
So it really cheap for me.

I saw some people said its not really show up and too much glitter.
but its fine with me ( and my asian friends)
The gold shimmer looks good on my fair yellow skintone
and the color show up very well (abit too much for smokey eyes).

The only bad thing is it kinda smudge some on my lower lip.
but other than that PERFECT!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the color, packaging, and the smell isn't bad, but there's simply too much glitter. It dries out my lips, which doesn't happen with the other ones I own, so it must be the abnormal amount of glitter in this one. My other ones, especially the ones without glitter, are worlds better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by linz75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick didn't do much for me.
I'm a non-believer for Revlon lipsticks cuz of the quality, but one day I watched a make-up tutorial on youtube saying that Peach Parfait has a really nice natural pinkish color and it looked really nice on the model... not on me! :D
I looked pale with it, I think it's ok on a lazy day or for a layer to add just little a bit of glittery finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

This was my first lip butter and I was disappointed in it. It had minuscule sparkles in it which unfortunately dried out my lips. I prefer the lip butters that are smoother in consistency without any sparkles/ glitter in them. This peach parfait shade was a fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This looked sooo pretty in the tube. It's like a medium toned peach with what appears to be maybe a brownish undertone and some faint shimmer. I was certain I'd love it. Uummmm...no. The color is gorgeous but it has waaaaay too much shimmer for my taste. And it's way more drying than the other Lip Butters I've tried. Not moisturizing at all. It looked like I smeared a beautiful peachy brown glitter on my lips. And after the color wore off, I was left with a layer of sparkle on my lips and all around my lips, lol. Not a good look for a 30 year old professional woman, hehe. I would've loooooved this when I was like 15, but def not appropriate for me at my age now. Its a shame about all the shimmer cause the color itself is gorg, but the glitter factor is enough to keep me from repurchasing. I gave this to my daughter for "play" makeup when she plays dress up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this overall. It's a nice pink colour with a bit of gold shimmer, which suits my complexion and is good for daytime wear. The main downsides are that it's not actually that moisturising and not very long-lasting. Also, I find that I need to apply lip balm first before using this (though my lips do tend to get dry easily), as it doesn't really glide very well. I took off a point because Revlon lip butters are quite pricey here, especially given the amount of product you actually get in each tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When celebrities post selfies of them "makeup free", I am convinced they have a department store dupe of this shade on their lips. This is 5 stars for a lippie to wear to the beach or pool, and it would look gorgeous with a tan. Wearing this by itself in the dead of winter is not a great idea. For this time of year, it is a great topcoat for a lipcolor that is matte or needs a little lightening to it to make it wearable. I bought this on sale and would do so again, but would not pay full price as there are probably even cheaper alternatives to this shimmery peach.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to respond "yes" to whether I would repurchase any of my lip products again. I usually swipe on my lip products once and neglect to reapply throughout the day. That is if I actually bother to apply any sort of lip product - I generally dislike having my lips coated in anything - even clear lip balm! Nevertheless, the Revlon Lip Butters seemed to be receiving tremendous praise from beauty bloggers and MUA-ers, so I've been stocking up on them during drugstore sales with the hope that one day I'll just really be into lip products.

Well that hasn't happened, but my lofty expectations did facilitate the discovery of the Peach Parfait Lip Butter. It's a lovely medium slightly peachy pink with a fair amount of fine shimmer. It's rather sheer, but can be layered into a bolder hue, almost resembling the color of the lip product itself. Sure it doesn't have the longest staying power and your lips will be coated with speckling of micro-glitter after it's worn off (I usually avoid glittery lip products, but picked this up without researching first), but I kind of love this color. The warmness of the shade complements my very warm Asian complexion and nicely balances my eye make-up, which usually tends to be smokey. The slippery formula and sparkly factor almost gives off the appearance of a lip gloss. I do have pigmented lips, so Peach Parfait is fantastic for enhancing the vibrancy of my lips and hey, no lip liner is required.

I recently tried L'oreal's Le Balm and I would have to say Peach Parfait is notably more pigmented and has better staying power. I've enjoyed Peach Parfait so much, I haven't felt compelled to open any of the other Lip Butters I've purchased - actually giving them away to friends . . . then again I'm a compulsive drugstore make-up buyer. If you happen to have Pango Peach Super Lustrous Lip Gloss - Peach Parfait pairs very nicely with it.

Anyway, the fact that I've used up half of this tube is pretty darn impressive. This has been my favorite lip product for several months now. All my other barely used lip products would certainly back this claim up.

EDITED TO ADD: I still love this Lip Butter, but I should mention that it pairs terribly with yellowed teeth, as you would have guessed. I haven't been bleaching my teeth as of lately and I've been drinking copious amounts of coffee and red wine. I've retired this Peach Parfait until I've mustered up the motivation to bleach my teeth again.