Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin (that now has some dry patches) and I have tried so many different primers from Smashbox, ELF, Boots, etc trying to find a primer that was not going to leave me shiny/oily in a few hours. This does that. This is a perfect combination in my opinion for people with oily skin/large pores because it is *slightly* siliconey, which smooths over pores, but then it is also mattifying, which is great for people with oily skin. This makes my skin feel smooth, mattifies, and seriously prolongs the wear of my makeup. I love this stuff.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Hands down the best primer I've used! What I like about this primer is that is doesn't have that slippery silicone feel, the texture is like a whipped lotion. It makes my face sooo soft and smooth but mattifies the skin at the same time. I mix it in with my everyday sunscreen to cut down on the greasiness. I even use this on the days I'm not wearing makeup just to make my skin a little smoother and more even.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased based on positive reviews. Like: the way it evens out facial color and slightly blurs imperfections; gives a nice canvas for foundation; have used powder, liquid, and cream foundations and all worked equally well; feels smooth going on; pump for sanitary and control of amount used; helped makeup stay put for several hours even in Houston, TX humidity. Dislike: there is an odor but it does not bother me ~ disappears after a few moments; plastic lid will not stay on; must remember to wipe off tip of nozzle or a small hard bit of primer will dry and end up on your face the next use; bottle is two-thirds empty and pump stopped working ~ tried to clean it out to no avail ~ had to pry pump off bottle and now having to shake bottle upside down to get product out onto my fingers. Seems like the smart folks at Revlon R&D could improve the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this primer but the pump design is awful! The little nozzle gets clogged with product almost immediately! I will buy again because the primer is good - it gives me a great finish without irritating my skin. I really hope Revlon consider repackaging this product.

One of my favorite bloggers loves this product so thought I would give it a try. Glad I did. I LOVE this stuff! I use one pump, rub between the fingers on both hands and then apply all over my face. I haven't had any problems with pilling. Foundation goes on smoothly and stays on much longer. It will be interesting to see if it works well under all types of foundation.
I'm very pleased with this and how it makes my skin look and feel. I will definitely repurchase.

For your reference I am an NC-25, with yellow undertones.

Packaging : The cap (plastic) is easy to come off, I don't suggest just throwing it in your makeup bag. The body of it is made out of glass and so far it hasn't cracked or broken into pieces (I have dropped it several times). Gets dirty around the nozzle but is easy to clean. Pump deposits just the right amount of product.

Price/Availability : It was about MYR50 (USD11.8) in Malaysia for 27ml or 0.91 fluid ounces, which is a decent amount and has lasted me for quite a while. Can be found at any drugstore (Watsons, Guardian etc).

Formula : Smooth texture, dries to a matte finish and has a silicone feel to it. Not sticky, gives you enough time to blend it out before drying. Personally I don't mind the silicone texture/finish. However, it did accentuate a few dry spots on my face as I have combo skin (T-zone oily, dry patches on my jaw) so I have to make sure that I moisturize really well beforehand. Staying power - mediocre, it tends to rub off around my nose area. Does not really minimize pores or covers dark spots/acne/blackheads. Oil control is ok but like I said, not really around my nose area (forehead seems ok).

Colour : in the bottle it looks like a very light pink-ish colour but when you apply it, it isn't noticeable. So I think it would be ok with those who have fair to medium skin.

Overall : I am quite happy with this product. However, I may look for something else that suits my combo skin a little better. But in a pinch, this works well. I regularly wear this on its own and it does give my face a smoother appearance. Perhaps if you live in a colder climate this would work well (I live in a hot, humid climate). Great for those who are just starting out in makeup!

I'm new to primers and have used this for the last three days. It's quiet expensive compared to other drugstore brands but it works nicely with my moisturizer and foundation. After I put on my daily radiance moisturizing serum, I wait for it to dry up a bit then I dab on a thin film of this primer on my T-zone only. I am still hesitant to rub it all over my face for fear of break outs (I'm still in the process of observing the effects this has on my sensitive skin). I noticed the primer spreads evenly to a transparent and satin-smooth texture. Then I proceed with a thin layer of foundation to even out my skin.

This product works really great! I'm never heavy on the make up but this helps keep my foundation in tact despite humid weather and sweaty sessions at the gym. Since I only use half a pump of this primer daily, the entire bottle could last me at least 6-10 months. And if this won't cause me to break out in the next few weeks, I'll definitely purchase this again!

UPDATE:

I wanted to like this but after 2 weeks of using this, I found out that my skin is sensitive to Revlon products. I felt my skin burning whenever I applied even a thin film of this product. I thought it was just nothing but it kept on happening. I will definitely NOT purchase this product. It definitely was a waste of money. Sadly, the stores in the Philippines do not accept product returns so I'm thinking of handing this over to my sister who has less sensitive skin than I do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

this is a great silicone primer and massively extends the wear of my foundation. i recommend it if you are oily-skinned or if you are going for a more matte look because it works great with heavier foundations. i also like the smell, oddly. it comes in a glass bottle with a pump. i find that the product tends to dry up inside the pump and clog it up, so when you first pump it out you may need to clear out what has dried out. otherwise, i'd repurchase this (but not the matching foundation, which i hated), it's great and pretty good bang for your buck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This primer is basically acne in a bottle. Whenever I go back to giving this product another chance, I break out a couple of days later in huge cystic pimples. I can honestly say that this does not change the staying power of my foundation nor does it make my foundation look any better. However, that is all I can say because this product breaks me out so badly I will not use again, and definitely not for the ridiculous pricing.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

this is the worst primer i have ever tryed it does not matter what foundation i put on it starts getting patchy and spreads all over the face and eventually not even trough haft day it starts disapiering

Popular Primer/ Correctors