Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 4/12/2015 9:20:00 PM

I am very fair and most bb creams are either the wrong shade for me or look nonexistent on my skin. I am loving this bb cream and haven't used regular foundation since I bought this. It stays all day long looking natural. I'm getting compliments and my skin feel smooth amd soft. I have dry skin and it doesn't make you look dry, cake or flakey. I also have very sensitive skin and this hasn't caused a single breakout. This for me is hg.

on 4/7/2015 2:51:00 PM

Not sure why this gets such raves. I've tried several BB creams in the past, this is probably the second American bb cream out of all of them. Despite all the skin benefits bb's are supposed to provide, I'm not sure how much or what this bb really offers. Previously I've enjoyed the Missha M perfect cover for comparison (which appears grayish out of the tube but melds nicely into the skin). To be honest I had this in light which was too light for me (I'm between nc30-35) but I tried it anyway. This provided no coverage and I felt that it sat funny on my skin and enhanced my pores. It was not particularly moisturizing nor drying, but it really didn't do anything for me. Not a fan.

on 4/5/2015 8:47:00 PM

Well it was a hit & miss with this one, I really wanted to love it but when comparing this to my HG Garnier BB cream for oily/combo - this stuff simply can't live up to it. This sinks into my pore, makes me super oily, the colour is horrible I'm either too light or too dark so I had to mix two colours but even then the colour was a bit off. It's really thick too.. I put on a finger tip on both my cheeks, fore head, chin and nose and yikes it still felt heavy! The first time I tried this I washed my face right away. But then I figured I bought this I might as well get the most out of it, I used it at least 1 week straight and could not go anymore as I stated above. I wanted to try the CC cream but after trying this I might just avoid.

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 PM

I really liked the color, pigmentation and consistency of this BB cream. However, it made my face feel very greasy and oily within a few hours, despite a matte primer and/or powder. I'm not sure if this would be better for those with dry skin, as I have combination, but my face felt uncomfortably greasy (a common issue with some BB creams), so I would not repurchase this, especially due to the price.

on 3/20/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty tanned so I'm very wary of using BB creams which have always cast a strange gray tint to my skin. I've used Skin 79 BB cream for a few months in the past before fully realizing it made my skin look dingy and dull. After that I've used Bobby Brown's skin foundation in Warm Honey 5.5, which I've loved and suited my skin tone much better, but now I'm seeking more of a less made up look. I sampled this BB cream in Light/Medium at Sephora and used it for the past few days and I am now #OBSESSED.

It's pretty hydrating, although I put on face moisturizer before I put this on (cause I'm super dry face). A little goes a long way - I use about a pinky nail sized amount and that evens out my skin tone without making it appear I'm a cakeface. It's a really good daytime foundation that provides a slight glow. PLUS, spf 35!

on 3/16/2015 2:03:00 PM

I was so sad to return this product! It looked GREAT on me, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm talking HUGE CYSTS. I stopped using it and immediately began clearing up. Very sad becasue it looked really nice.

on 2/23/2015 1:43:00 PM

This product isn't anything too special. It has very light coverage and my dry skin doesn't crack or dry out while wearing it, as long as I properly prep with a moisturizer and primer. I like a little more coverage, so I'm not sure I'd buy again.

on 2/21/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been wearing this for a solid two months. I was wary to try it because I haven't had good luck with BB creams. For some reason the sunscreen in BB creams tends to break me out--and I don't typically have sensitive skin. And this Smashbox one is heavy on the sunscreen--it even smells like it. But this surprised me by working beautifully for me. Once I was sure it wasn't going to break me out I even started liking the sunscreen scent because it reminds me of summer : ).

I am fortunate to have decent skin, but I find this provides good coverage for most days (if I have something super special going on I will go ahead and use a regular foundation). The best part is that I can set it with a light dusting of powder (I just use the cheapie WnW one) and can typically go all day without having to use an oil blotting sheet. Even my CG RSG needs to be blotted after about 6 hours. I even use Neutrogena Oil Free moisturizer underneath it because my skin is drier in winter.

So this is a total winner for me--good coverage, excellent wear, sun protection that doesn't break me out, and the always wonderful squeeze tube packaging.

on 2/17/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I want to love this product - the colour is perfect and the coverage starts off good - but I just can't.

I got this as a sample from Mecca when I went in recently. I have been trying quite a few BB's/tinted moisturisers, and I thought I had found the one when I applied this. It is quite thick, but went on with relative ease and made my skin look amazing.

An hour later though, and it's all patchy and my face looked horrible. My skin looks so dry! I used both a moisturiser and a primer before this, but you'd never know it. From a distance it looks ok, but as soon as you get a bit closer, it's a complete mess. I was hoping to go out tonight with my face still in tact, but there is no chance now. I'll have to go home and take my face off and start again now.

Will definitely not be purchasing this.

on 2/12/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a very average to below average BB cream. I'm going to tell you right off the bat, it is not for extremely dry skin. The formula is extremely thick and kind of hard to blend, but smooth and creamy. It lasts all day, but to tell you the truth most foundations last all day on me. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a huge problem) due to many chronic conditions, but virtually flawless, and I'm young so most foundations are going to look good on me as they do on most young people. But this one was an exception because it emphasizes every, single dry patch on my face and it stung like heck. On the days where it didn't do that, the finish was satin-matte but kind of flat and underwhelming. I was not a fan. I expect way more from something that costs $40. And no one, not even those with oily skin can wear this without prepping the skin first, like you can with most BB creams (toner, sunscreen, moisturizer, etc...) because otherwise it just looks like a flesh-toned mask on the face. I do not recommend. I wish we could give half ratings because otherwise I would give a 2.5. It's not great at all.