Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 2/6/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This BB cream was good, but I wouldn't say that Smashbox hit it out of the park here, either.

Pros:
- There is a wide variety of shades (I bought "fair" and it was my perfect shade since it had fairly pink undertones to it- which is hard to come by, actually).
- The coverage is great, and a little bit of cream goes a long way.
- SPF 50. There is never a time where this isn't a good thing.

Cons:
- The formula is super thick, and if applied to un-prepped skin it can feel a lot like sludge, which can leave streaks. I found that the key here was to apply a light moisturizer beforehand, and some additional primer on nights where I want my skin to look a little less natural and a little more matte.
- The price. In retrospect, you don't need as much product as you would with other brands, but $50 CAN isn't cheap, either.

I generally use this cream for evenings when I'm opting for more coverage, but I have been known to use it during the day time as well. I would recommend, but for people who have dry skin I would suggest that they add a little more moisturizer/primer as a base layer.

I love this product. I have very good skin so this gives me just the perfect amount of coverage. I don't like to wear foundation because it's too heavy and I don't need that much coverage. If you're looking for a light BB cream with very light coverage this is for you. This would definitely not be good to replace a foundation or concealer. I love the way it evens out my skin tone and almost gives me an airbrushed look to my skin which makes it look flawless. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey (32 dollars i believe) and its kind of hard to wash off. I sometimes have to go over my skin twice with face wash. I was hesitant to purchase this after reading multiple reviews of users complaining about an increase in oiliness but I can say I haven't noticed my skin getting any more oily than normal. It is a good primer for any contouring or highlighting I do also. I really am pleased.

on 2/4/2015 2:37:00 AM

I wanted to love this, but honestly I have liked other BB creams more. This one can get a little too pasty or cake-y, even with a finishing spray. The shade was fine, but I don't like the uneven coverage- it gets pasty but it's sheer enough to show flaws. I do recommend using a Beauty Blender for the best application of this product.

on 1/19/2015 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am not a fan of this product. I love that it has spf 35, but I cannot get it to work on my skin. It just accentuates my pores, making them appear bigger, especially on my cheeks for some reason. Color match is fine. Will not rebuy.

on 1/18/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got the sample size first & I loved it so went & bought it again. The light/medium is a perfect much for my skin tone in the winter. It comes on very smoothly & feels really nice on my skin. It doesn't have super intense coverage, but that's not why I expect to get from a BB cream. I have pretty ok skin so it's the perfect amount of coverage for me for a day time look would not want to use this if I'm having a night out or some thing. I was surprised with how small the bigger version was, it only came with 1 fl oz, but whatever it still gets the job done.

on 1/16/2015 6:52:00 PM

Since the older I get the more light-medium toned with yellow undertones my skin becomes, I've had to adjust my foundation and concealer shades over the past couple of years. So when I wanted to purchase a BB cream, I went with a light/medium (since that is what I wear in the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it is a flawless match). I got this, swatched it, and sent it right back. The Light/Medium shade is Oompa Loompa orange. Plus it leaves a sort of sticky finish on the skin that is most unappealing. I think I will stick with the Maybelline, since it costs like a fourth of what the Smashbox BB cream does for the same amount.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was so eager to try this product after reading such awesome reviews. However, it just didn't work for me. I used this product for about three weeks -- applying a small amount and blending. I have broken out all over and in places that I don't normally break out (forehead, cheeks, etc). After wearing the product through the day I would seriously notice several new, small pimples. I gave it my best shot, hoping that my skin would adjust, to no avail. I do not recommend this for acne-prone skin. Pros: maximum shine control; texture was smooth; beautiful, natural coverage; SPF 35 (with only a light sunscreen odor)! I don't typically wear foundation or creams; instead, I use a mineral powder concealer on blemishes and small, redder areas (around the nose) and a light dusting of finishing powder. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts if I use the wrong products. Generally I have only a few hormonal breakouts per month.

on 12/25/2014 4:55:00 AM

I got the bb cream in shade medium for oily/combination skin. My cheeks is a lighter shade and my forehead is darker. Its harder for me to choose foundation, but I learned a useful tip from the sephora lady.

If I go darker I can use bronzer to contour my cheeks for an even color and if I bought the lighter color I use a highlighter to lighten my forehead.

I went with the darker shade, because my whole body is actually tan and I want it to match my natural skin tone.

It feels like any other liquid foundation but right after the application it makes my skin matte. Through out the whole 8 hours I'm at work my face starts to look dewey.

It doesn't irritate my skin and it does hide my blemishes and redness on my cheeks. I find it hard to remove, but I love how it makes my skin look smooth and protect it from the sun. I would repurchase again for the appearance it gives me and the squeeze tube for more sanitized application.

on 11/5/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and I'm obsessed with this product. No other BB Cream will ever do.

on 10/27/2014 5:51:00 PM

My favourite all day, light coverage. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all, and just evens everything out well. Amazing in the summer. Highly recommend.