April 20, 2014 | 1350 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cheerislife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this BB cream everyday and i love it! I personally don't need a lot of coverage, and I would say this BB cream provides light to medium coverage. I love that it has an adequate amount of protection from the sun, because its important to protect your skin from the sun. It doesn't have any particularly strong smell, and it's very creamy and blendable. I use it every day to just even out my skintone, and it's my go-to face product. It lasts through my whole day, which is pretty impressive because i am a cheerleader and I tumble and stunt, etc. and it still stays on strong. I would definitely recommend this product, and i think it's worth the high price tag because of how well it works and the amount in each tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish is good and it controlled the oil in my skin well. But I find the coverage surprisingly heavy for a BB cream - it's thicker, for example, than LM Tinted Moisturiser. For me a BB cream should be light and natural, and this is much more foundation-like. For that reason I wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a long-time user of Smashbox's tinted moisturizer, which is admittedly more sheer, but I still like my facial makeup to be more or less of a natural finish. The more seamless evening out of skin-tone I get with tinted moisturizer is lacking in this BB cream. It feels and looks thick and sometimes cakey if you're not properly exfoliated and moisturized. As it's now winter, my skin suffers from the dryness of indoor heating and from the harsh winds outside (regardless of exfoliation and liberal amounts of moisturizer), so I avoid using this product because it just clings to dry spots or flakey areas. Even in the summer, this BB cream feels heavy and as someone whose skin errs on the oilier side, I've found that it exacerbates any natural sheen so that instead of a healthy glow, you get a small oil-slick around your T-zone as the day progresses.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by bphearts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a kit that contained travel size versions of this product in the shade Fair, along with the Photo Finish Primer and Halo Powder. I've been using this BB Cream for a little over a month now and I have to say that I really like it! This is the first western BB Cream I've tried that is comparable to Asian BB Creams!

Claims: Wear alone or as a primer, evens out for flawless skin, improves skin moisture by hydrating, minimizes shine without looking chalky

Pros: Good color match for my pale pale skin
Small amount is needed so it feels light
Skin looks very natural and flawless
Lasts all day
Contains SPF
Controls oil fairly well

Cons: Very expensive
Have to use a primer underneath to help make it more blendable
Does not do a very good job at hydrating

So does it live up to its claims? Other than claiming to improve skin hydration, yes it does. It is a very lightweight product but can easily feel heavy if you put too much powder on. My skin looks very evened out and naturally flawless when I wear this BB Cream. I would recommend that you only powder where necessary and with a light hand. Not a very good product if you have very dry skin and are looking for hydration so be aware!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by what2pilon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in one of those holiday sample boxes from Sephora. I figured a BB cream would be better for my skin during the winter months as it is suppose to by hydrating. When I first put it on, it looked fantastic, however, as the day wore on it broke down and I started to look patchy. This was with a primer on underneath. It also did nothing to hydrate my skin. If anything, it dried my skin out. I would not recommend this product to anyone who has normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by aalanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am both confused and disappointed after reading all of the bad/mediocre reviews of this product! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this bb cream. It's amazing. I've tried my fair share of bb/cc creams and this is BY FAR the best one I've tried for many reasons. I'm going to give you 3:

1. Great coverage. Not heavy, yet it covers what you need it to. It doesn't have that super heavy, gross foundation feeling. I hate that feeling. It looks natural, but better!! I just use concealer where I want extra coverage.

2. Controls my oiliness. It's not a super matte finish (which I tend to prefer tbh) but it does the job. I just put some powder over it and I'm good to go. I rarely touch up my make up through out the day (partially out of laziness) and also with this I DON'T NEED TO! :D

3. THE BEST REASON: I swear this bb cream helped clear up my skin & did not break me out whatsoever, which for me is a HUGE deal. I have the world's most sensitive skin. Practically every thing breaks me out and I struggled all last year trying to clear up my skin. I refused to even wear foundation and stuck to only powder for awhile because I gave up and then LOW AND BEHOLD this lovely product came into my life and BAM! My skin rarely has breakouts.

I have pretty fair skin, so I debated between the fair and light, but ended up going for the light shade. It actually matches my skin pretty much perfectly, and then I just set it with a powder. I bought my first bottle in May and it lasted me until about September, and I used that stuff EVERYDAY without fail, a little goes a long way. I'm on my second now & I still luuuuv it

Sorry about the essay of a review but I had to defend my favourite product!! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by arlenerubio27

Heavy BB Cream. I bought this since I read that it had Medium coverage, but I think it's pretty heavy. The wrinkles showed more and made my makeup looked caked on. Good luck

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Had high hopes for this but it was terrible! Stay away if your skin is dry or, especially, very dry!! It's a harsh winter here in the Midwest and within minutes of applying this, my face felt terribly tight and weird. I dashed off to work and was horrified to later find dry, cracked patches all over my nose, mouth and forehead! It was so embarrassing. Worse, as the day went on, this took on an ashy/gray look, separated, and felt even tighter on my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cbm618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last summer because I wanted a lightweight, easy-to-travel-with, no fuss foundation. Typically, I love Smashbox, so this was a big disappointment.

I liked the consistency of the product. It's rather thick and creamy, which I prefer. That's pretty much where the good ends. The smell is odd, the coverage is sheer, it doesn't stay put, it oxidizes within an hour or two, it clings to dry patches, and can look cakey if too much is applied.

I know the coverage is supposed to be sheer, and to be fair, it does a decent enough job of evening the skin tone. However, it doesn't cover any discoloration. I guess I was hoping that the thicker consistency would mean a slightly heavier coverage than other tinted moisturizers/bb/cc creams. I was also hoping it would be more hydrating than it is. Oh well. I'll use it for running to the grocery store or working out, but I definitely won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most regularly used Western bb creams (& I have a LOT of bb's lol, both DS & HE). It provides light, fairly buildable coverage and a very pretty YSBB (your skin but better) finish. It's not overly matte, which I dislike. I would describe it as semi-matte, but quite natural looking. I have dry(ish) skin and I use a moisturizer underneath. If your skin is not dry, a moisturizer probably won't be necessary because this will most likely provide enough hydration. However, you'll definitely need a good moisturizer underneath if you have dry skin, or this will definitely accentuate dry areas. I do wish this provided more hydration. This bb lasts about 8 hrs. for me before I notice it fading in some areas. I've used this on clients with very oily skin & it holds up well, but I always use a mattifying primer underneath. I'm not sure how it would hold up on very oily skin without a primer, but it does control excess oil to an extent, as I have used it on combination skin with no primer. If you prefer more medium coverage and/or have very dry skin, then I'd recommend Smashbox's CC cream, which is also a solid product, and much more hydrating than this one. I prefer to use a light coverage product like this all over and then go back in on areas that need it with a full coverage concealer, even on clients with a lot of acne & scarring. I find that this technique is a bit more time consuming, but it looks so much better than using a full coverage product all over. A great powder to use in conjunction with this bb cream, for added coverage, oil control, and a beautiful overall finish, is the Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. It's the perfect powder to set this bb with, & it also increases it's longevity. As far as the shades, I'd suggest going a shade lighter than you normally would. I'm NC35 & I wear this in light/medium. Normally in any other brand, I'm always a medium, so these shades definitely run dark. They did recently add 3 new shades, so this is now offered in 8 shades, which is awesome for a bb cream. I'm not sure exactly what this retails for because I receive a pro discount, but I believe it's around $40. I would def pay full price for it even if I didn't get a discount because I do really like this product.