L'Oreal le balm in caramel comfort

4.1

on 10/3/2012 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I would never had selected this color if it weren't for the L'Oreal website suggesting it after I did one of their 'questionarre's'. LOVE IT. I will agree with others who mention it's not long lasting but I just apply more when needed. It leaves my lips smooth and the sunscreen is a bonus.

on 8/29/2012 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been eying this color for quite some time and finally got a coupon so I went for it. The color isn't like other nudes I own. It's quite different on my lips. More of a touch of coral in it. I'm glad it has no pink in it, however. It is a unique color for me and I think it would suit warm skin tones. The texture seems a tiny bit gritty and there is a sweet smell and a taste. The taste is a little unpleasant, and I'd rather it have no taste. It has a nice shine to it and looks great with bronzer. At my Walmart it's $5.99. You can catch these on sale at Ulta buy one get 50% off sometimes.

on 6/24/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

One of my favourite lip product of all time!!
I love the colour, just the perfect nude lips for me without making me look disgusting or dead.
I will always repurchase this product, as long as they continue to manufacture it!

on 4/24/2012 12:43:00 PM

I don't mind that the product is very sheer (I have a Casper the Ghost complexion). I mind that it doesn't last - you have to reapply at least 4 times per day. It also makes my lips feel drier when it does wear off.

on 4/1/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If I didn't try Revlon's lip butter, I might be more impressed with this lip balm. I bought the one in Rose Elixir. I must say that it is smooth when you put it on. It feels very nice, and I think I'm putting a good product on my lips that is nourishing. I found that it doesn't last long at all. I have to keep applying it. The color is very sheer and fades fast but leaves a little shine still on the lips once it's gone. I also hate that it cakes on my lips. I can bite the pieces off of my lips because it clumps so badly after just an hour or so. I like the tube it comes in. I think it is appealing to the eye. I just prefer more color that lasts longer and doesn't clump!

on 3/29/2012 5:37:00 AM

I first bought this in Mauve and loved it; on a whim I bought Nude which is nice on its own or paired with another color. The taste /smell is nice and the packaging perfection- so pretty.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to be honest and say that I initially bought this product because of it's packaging, the sheer, jelly like pastel-colored covers were just so pretty and chic. I bought the Caring Coral, since it's one of my favorite colors and when I tried it, I absolutely fell in love with it. It's super smooth, silky and moisturizing and has an irresistible caramel/creme brulee scent and flavor with just a hint of color. I've since purchase 4 more and found that the darker colors have more of a color payoff. They all give a nice shine to the lips and nearly all have a very slight shimmery effect. They are definitely what their name implies, a lip balm with a touch of color and not a lipstick. Right now, I'm a bit addicted to these and take them everywhere. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually prefer this one over the revlon lip butters... which is pretty huge for some of you!
It has a gorgeous shimmery kind of bronzy nude color!
It smells like caramel, too!
Sometimes the moisturization goes away a little but still a great lip balm overall, only a tiny bit expensive for a drugstore product like this!

on 2/12/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this and Revlon's Lip Butter in Creme Brulee at the same time, looking for a nude lip. This wins hands down on color, texture, scent, & taste. My natural lip line is about 3 shades darker than my lip and very distinct. Its a dark wine that leans towards brown. Caramel Comfort is a brownish pink thats not too brown. Its sheer, but not too sheer as it fills in my lips perfectly, blending my lip line and making my lips look plump and full. Its very smooth and has a great shine with a touch of shimmer that isn't too glossy or sparkly. It lasts more like a gloss than a lipstick (not all that long...couple of hours if I don't drink or eat), but it wears off evenly and is very moisturizing and I love putting it on so I don't mind reapplying occasionally. I don't find it sticky at all. The scent and taste is vanilla, which I love. The Revlon Creme Brulee was just too pale and chalky for my medium beige skin and washes me out completely. This is a much better choice if you're looking for a darker nude color.

on 2/8/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I I stepped out of my comfort zone when I bought this. I'm fair, pale, blonde and I need color!

This balm is very sheer so I have to really layer it on. Nude lips are something I am getting used to. I find that this balm is best used layered under some type of a gloss like one of the L'Oreal Le Glosses.

I rating five stars because I love these balms because they are so smooth and moisturizing. These really keep my lips lips hydrated during the day and depending on which one you buy, they are sheer or they deposit a lot of color. I have several of these including Fresh Plum and Heavenly Berry. I love them all but the last two have much more color.

My only gripe is I wish drugstore's would provide testers so the feeble minded can't open up all the tubes, swipe them and then put them back. I bought the only two left at CVS last night and both were opened and swiped. I took them home and sprayed the heck out them with alcohol to sterilize them. I guess they are o.k. to use but I would really rather buy something that somebody else has not man handled.

Come on L’Oreal, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Almay and other drugstore brands. You can certainly provide testers for your products!

Popular Lip Treatments