Estee Lauder DayWear BB Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35

3.5

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS OCTINOXATE 7.50% � OCTISALATE 4.00% � OXYBENZONE 2.50% � TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.10% INGREDIENTS WATER � DIMETHICONE � BUTYLENE GLYCOL � PENTYLENE GLYCOL � PHENYL TRIMETHICONE � GLYCERYL STEARATE � BEHENYL ALCOHOL � TRIOCTYLDODECYL CITRATE � POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE � OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE � PEG-40 STEARATE � POLYGLYCERYL-10 PENTASTEARATE � GENTIANA LUTEA (GENTIAN) ROOT EXTRACT � POLYGONUM CUSPIDATUM ROOT EXTRACT � THERMUS THERMOPHILLUS FERMENT � HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT\EXTRAIT D'ORGE � FUMARIA OFFICINALIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT � CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) FRUIT EXTRACT � HYDROLYZED RICE BRAN EXTRACT � LAMINARIA SACCHARINA EXTRACT � HYDROLYZED RICE EXTRACT � ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT � ARTEMIA EXTRACT � VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT � TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT � CHOLESTEROL � CAFFEINE � PROPY LENE GLYCOL STEARATE � OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE � POLYGLYCERYL-6 POLYRICINOLEATE � TOCOPHERYL ACETATE � SUCROSE � GLYCERINE � SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE � LINOLEIC ACID � LECITHIN � SQUALANE � SODIUM PCA � UREA � ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE � ERGOTHIONEINE � SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE � TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE � POLYSORBATE 20 � SORBITAN LAURATE � SODIUM HYALURONATE � CITRIC ACID � PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE � GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID � TREHALOSE � POLYQUATERNIUM-51 � HYDROGENATED LECITHIN � FUMARIC ACID � ALUMINA � PALMITOYL HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM AMYLOPECTIN/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER � AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER � CYCLODEXTRIN � NORDIHYDROGUAIARETIC ACID � ASCORBYL TOCOPHERYL MALEATE � XANTHAN GUM � STEARIC ACID � SILICA � FRAGRANCE � ETHYLBISIMINOMETHYLGUAIACOL MANGANESE CHLORIDE � PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE � DISODIUM EDTA � PHENOXYETHANOL � CHLORPHENESIN � [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) � ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) � IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) � YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) � CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288) � MICA � FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510) � CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289) � CARMINE (CI 75470) � BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163) � BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090)]

on 10/3/2014 7:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is not a BB cream, but a tinted moisturizer. Nevertheless, this is a decent product with a decent coverage, and a decent staying power. The coverage is light to medium, but what can one expect from a tinted moisturizer? It is easy to apply, it has a pleasant fragrance (I generally dislike scented makeup and skincare products), and it is pretty weightless on the face. I have the shade "light", which is the lightest shade. It is a little bit too dark for my liking, but it still works, and I like this "BB cream".

on 9/30/2014 4:55:00 PM

There's hardly any coverage. I would call it a tinted moisturizer but there's no moisturizing involved. If you do decide to buy it, don't use it with a beauty blender you'll waste half your product in one use. It broke my skin out and I hardly get blemishes. Upsides: It smells fresh and the bottle is appealing. Sticking to regular foundations from now on.

I was looking for a BB cream with high SPF to replace my Dior Nude BB cream, which I love (but has SPF 10). If found it to be too thick and hard to apply for my skin + it looked a bit orange on me (despite having the lighter shade). Will use up, but will not repurchase. I will stick with my trusty Dior BB cream.

on 7/30/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I don't like it as much as the Cyber White BB cream SPF35 in old formular. It is very creamy and difficult to blend with fingers (don't have time to use brush or beauty blender etc). The coverage is quite good tho. I got the lighter shade, which looks nice right after application, but turned to a yellowish color after a while.

on 7/23/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This bb cream was so expensive it cost $70 here in New Zealand. that is the only negative for me so I wouldn't buy it because of the price.

But this is a really heavy coverage bb cream even when I use like 4 drops of it. It spreads really nicely and the great thing is that it matches my skin tone perfectly. You don't need as much of the product like you would for Maybelline or garnier to make it cover like a foundation. if you have acne scars or uneven skin then this would be perfect for you.

on 7/9/2014 6:29:00 PM

Love this. My favourite BB cream hands down. Very good sun protection, no need for a separate sunscreen. Light shade is perfect for me in winter (NW20) and I mix a little of the darker shade in for summer. This has very good coverage and great oil control, probably a bit too good as I need to moisturise under this (I have combo skin, oily t-zone, normal elsewhere).
I don't need powder over this in winter but do find it nicer with an illuminating primer underneath. I prefer this to the new BB Glow cream as I find that too oily on my skin. I do need a separate moisturiser with this so it can't really be classed as an all in one BB cream. Very expensive in NZ.

on 5/28/2014 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was on a quest to find a BB that wouldn't turn me yellow, grey, sparkling, without feeling itchy, for over a year now. Tried MAC, TBS, Clarins, Garnier, La Roche-Posay and Vichy, none of them worked.

I decided to put my money on EL after seeing swatches and reviews and boy was I glad I did!
It's what I wanted and the only one that brings on compliments for my skin! This BB is suitable for everyday make up, the time you want to look polished but not overdone. It evens out my skin tone and covers a few sun marks. I apply it with the Ecotools custom coverage buffing brush starting with a few dots around the face. If I need more coverage I re-apply. I use the Light shade and even if I am considered on the dark side of skins, it looks great. I don't find it irritating at all and I even use it on the eye area without problems. I don't usually set it with a powder but when I do it lasts for hours. It works great with EL double wear concealer I use (dark circles problem here). I never use it without moisturizer first, I feel my skin needs the benefit of it before applying the BB.

In general:
~ It has moderate coverage and can also be used as concealer on good conditioned skins
~ Smells refreshing
~ Feels light on the skin
~ Does not irritate or cause break outs
~ Good sun protection level
~ Small tube but goes a long way. Also it doesn't get messy as the consistency is quite creamy

on 5/20/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was given a sample of this (in a pot) that lasted approximately a week.
Positive points:
- It's full of antioxidants
- Good SPF
- Convenient- evens out skin tone nicely without the need for foundation
- Shade medium suits me nicely (after blending well)
- I like the cucumber like fragrance (though I would prefer it to be fragrance free)
- It's packaged in a nice tube.

Negative points:
- Difficult to spread at times, especially if the skin is not freshly and well moisturised
- Need for a separate moisturiser, and so defeats the purpose of a 'all in 1' product
- Seems to dry my skin out a bit- or it could be the Advanced Night Repair serum that I am also trialling. Either way it is not moisturising at all
- No immediate or short term benefits other than light coverage
- It's expensive (but a little goes a long way)

Even though I enjoyed using it I don't think I would buy it. Today my skin feels specially dehydrated and after using the daywear cream for normal/combination skin and then this my skin was still relatively dehydrated. So much so that after a few hours I was peeling and the bb cream had gone patchy due to dryness. My skin is combination so something in my skincare routine is drying my skin out terribly. Not sure if this is the culprit. Will update if I get more insight.

on 2/15/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been on a BB mission the past few weeks. I've sampled Loreal (Age Perfect and Magic), Garnier, and now Este Lauder's. I am 53 years old with normal skin, but certainly getting dryer with age. I haven't liked the way my skin has looked. I wondered if these BB creams would help.

Well! Este Lauders did! I got the lighter color and I mix it with Loreals Magic Luminator. I apply over my moisturized face. Then I dab additional EL BB on my dark spots and under my eyes and it does a pretty good job of acting like a concealer! Then I fix with powder, add some cheek, eyes and lip color and I love how I look!

This BB is different from the others. It's creamer. It doesn't turn my face that fake-tan color like the others. I don't look dry. I don't look sparkly. I just look like I have not overdone my makeup in order to cover up my skin! And I don't have to add foundation on top of it! I have a lot of age spots from years in the sun, so I'm looking for coverage.

If you are looking for a BB with a hint more coverage without the orange-y, glow-y look, you might like this. My quest is over!

on 2/2/2014 12:34:00 PM

Out of the many BB Creams I tried (many from niche companies) I can't believe I bought the EL! It was a 1 oz. tube for $40, not cheap. The Tarte Amazonian Clay was a close contender though. Here's why I decided on the Lauder. I liked its medium weight, somewhere between makeup and moisturizer. The dewy finish was the most appealing of the many BB cream finishes I tried, from sparkles to iridescent and even pearlescent. There are only 2 color choices in this product but the Light was a perfect color match for me. And the powder I use afterwards went on flawlessly. Sold!