October 1, 2014 | 1714 users online

BB Cream - Estee Lauder - DayWear BB Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EL's version of BB cream is similar to Asian ones - it's thicker and creamier than those generally aimed at the Western market. It is lightly moisturising without leaving any stickiness, spreads and absorbs easily and has buildable light/medium coverage. The bonuses are the anti-oxidant goodness and high SPF which narrows the number of products I use in the morning. I bought my first tube when it was first launched in 2012, but within about 6 months the texture had changed and the liquid separated inside the tube, so that when I squeezed the product only water came out. Given the price I would have been more impressed if I had been able to finish the entire tube, but I did repurchase last year and the product has so far lasted 3 months. If this tube separates too within 6 months I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by gagalalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin and oilu skin in my T-Zone...Made my skin oily and did not hide pores at all...stop to use it after 3times...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im nc 15/20 and the color light matches my skin. This bb cream is similar to the korean ones. Its a bit thicker and covers well. I do have to have concealer under my eyes and on my blemishes but this evens my skin so I skip foundation when I use this. My skin is very oily and this holds up well during the day. I do get a bit more shiny with this compared to my mattifying foundations. I would not recommend this to those with dry skin, its a bit drying. I dont like the strong scent in this. Its overwhelming. Overall, its a great bb cream for oily/combo skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by neospace12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a great review writer but feel need to for this product and to contribute something here instead of just reading reviews.

I got this bb cream at heathrow on my way to india and since I landed 6 weeks ago, have barely used my foundation. I am indian so the color works fine for me.

Of all the products I've tried in this hot and humid climate, this has been the best! It's light on the skin, matte finish and for eyes or neck I add some SPF moisturizer.

It's perfect for oily skin..gives enough coverage for me...and to cover pigmentation marks I apply some concealer on top.
So all in all. Fab..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fair good yet dry skin. My skin coloring is about an NC20 now Winter, and NC25 summer. The lightest color seems to be a really good match.

I do not like foundation (drying too much of a make up look), and have found most TM, BB, CC creams to be thick heavy and require setting, and transfer easily-- too much work

Estee claims to have the highest ranked BB cream on the market, and I have tried so many Asian and US brands. I picked this up at Sephora, knowing I could return it if it did not work out.

BB creams are suppose to be your primer, coverage, moisturizer, SPF and anti aging or repairing serum. This is in no way can be thought of as a BB Cream. It is a good cream for your face, but think of it as a thick easy to work with quick face product alternative to foundation and concealer

You only get 1 ounce which seems rather expensive; this is thick stuff and with good moisturizer will covert into 2 ounces easily

I rather like it for these reasons:

1. Good color match for my skin
2. Easy to use - you put on a very fast face
3. More natural looking no make up look - I hate foundation
4. Thin out for all over my face, and then use full strength as a concealer
5. Nice small tube; easy and portable, no mess, no leaking
6. No setting powder required
7. Minimal "transfer"
8. No shine face

Things I do not like about this product:
1. The scent. Not overly offensive like Olay but no need to scent the stuff
2. The SPF. I use my own and do not need it in this product
3. Drying. Must use a good layer of moisturizer, and even thin it out with moisturizer

I say I may re purchase if I ran out of this product. Time will tell. Every day there is a new better cream, TM, BB, CC.....soon there will be DD creams that I will want to try that claim to be a face lift in a daily tinted cream with SPF, etc.

Would recommend for those that want to use the product as I stated above. If you buy this as your SPF, moisturizer, tint, etc you will be very disappointed and will run through this small 1 oz expensive tube very very quickly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I have this in both the Light and Medium shades. I am about NC25-30 in MAC shades for reference, and the Light option from Estee Lauder is too light while the Medium is too orange and a bit too dark. I have to mix them both just to use this. Both shades are warm-toned. The coverage is light and can be somewhat built up but I prefer to use concealer where needed instead of applying layers of this. I think this is one of the better choices if you are looking to try some of the North American BB creams.

The pros:

- actually provides coverage unlike a lot of American BB's
- good ingredients including lots of antioxidants and SPF
- texture is thick and not runny, which makes blending very easy
- not greasy, suitable for combo, oily, breakout prone skin
- sets to a satin matte finish that looks like skin (I still use powder in t-zone area only)
- 30 mL tube lasts a long time, have had mine for 9 mos (must be used within 24 mos of opening your tube per Estee Lauder)

The cons:

- fragrance is pleasant, but very strong - and I can smell this on my face for hours (smells like other DayWear stuff, cucumber-y)
- limited range of shades
- price may be a drawback depending on your budget

Not sure if I would buy this again because of the shade issue and because I don't think there is any difference between using this and a normal light coverage foundation on top of your skin cream or serums.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by ksinson87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great BB cream. I'm nearly finished with my 2nd tube and already have a 3rd tube ready to go. There is a faint cucumber scent, which I don't mind. Also the SPF is 35 (yay!) My sensitive skin hasn't had any adverse reactions to this product. The consistency is nice, it's not exactly thick or too watery. I do suggest wearing a moisturizer under it for smoother application. It only comes in two shades, Light or Medium. The medium color works well for me. I dot it all over my face and pat everything in with my fingers to avoid a streaky look. I'm not sure if this is really doing anything beneficial for my face, but I do prefer it over foundation. This is a BB cream so I definitely don't expect full coverage, I still use concealer under my eyes and dark acne marks. I love how my face feels like it can breathe when I'm wearing this. It looks very natural, and I've gotten compliments on how nice my skin looks (double yay!) I don't use anything to set it, so my shine eventually breaks through, but nothing a lil oil blotter can't fix. Would definitely repurchase. I would not suggest this product if you're looking for a full coverage, matte look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over a year and think that it's a pretty good product in comparison to other BB creams in the North American market.

Despite coming only in two tints, it blends well with the skin. It also doesn't make dry skin look as flaky as other products I've used. However, it's also not the most moisturizing product so I find it better to put it on top of a moisturizer. I like the matte finish but after a few hours, my face does get oily again. The product provides some coverage but not enough to conceal redness or darkness under the eyes. It has a nice cucumber fragrance which fades away after a while. Overall, I feel it's a pretty convenient product to have especially if one does not like putting on too much makeup. It doesn't work miracles but that's too high of an expectation and I haven't found anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by dawngol

I am 42 with good skin- I am fair with a few wrinkles and redness in my cheeks. I have tried many different BB and CC creams and this is by far my favourite. It provides just enough coverage to even out my skin tone and give me a glow. Foundation is too heavy for me and some other BB creams I have used don't provide enough coverage. I also like the tube as I can squeeze out every last bit of product and I find I don't need very much so it lasts a long time.
I put it on over moisturizer as it is a bit too thick and dry to go on alone. I have to wait for the moisturiser to dry first and apply and spread the product thinly over my face. Looks natural and blends well with my skin.
I commented previously that I love Clinique CC cream and still do for summer, but I need a little more coverage and colour now and EL BB provides that for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by julia75

Really bad dry texture, gives no glow to the skin and totally not worth the money. Once again I experience how overrated Estee Lauder is. Would not by again.