July 25, 2014 | 957 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by CyNYC

I am on my second bottle of EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner and I am very happy with the results. I do not have the same issue with the smell as others do, I can't smell it after my hair dries and I don't mind it even when I can smell it. I have used Wen, two bottles worth to be exact but I found that if I used it two days in a row my hair would end up greasy which is a highly unusual state for my curly, dry hair. This product keeps my hair super soft and the curls nicely shaped, it looks pretty good on the second day too. I do not use this product every day, twice a week I use a heavier conditioner or a conditioning mask but considering I use it 5 days, so far so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jessicamh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my regular product for washing my hair- it cleanses sufficiently as long as I completely saturate my hair with it which requires about 1/6 of the bottle, and it conditions FANTASTICALLY. I have amazing volume and shine after blowdrying and it smells amazing. It keeps my wavy, dry, fine, color-treated hair super healthy!

I have used several other cleansing conditioners but always come back to this one-it's simply the best for my hair. The only drawback to it is the packaging- it's too small of a bottle and the pump is useless (I actually replace it with a squeeze-top immediately). Other than that, it is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lovethemall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buyers Beware! Love this product at first--gave my highlighted blonde hair nice moisture in between shampoos. . .used every other day as daily washing was stripping my hair. However, L'Oreal either changed the formula, or I developed a sensitivity to one of its "natural" ingredients. Because my scalp began to turn red in patches, itch severely, and the situation progressed to acne-like bumps all over my scalp that are extremely sore. It's not so natural--ingredient list is loaded with chemicals. Includes 2 alcohols: one of which is isopropyl (aka rubbing alcohol!), and 3 plant oils (apricot kernel, grapeseed, and camelina sativa--whatever that is). Whatever is in this has potential to block pores and cause this painful, acne-like condition. It's going in the trash!!! Do a 'net search--I am not the only one out there who has had this type of reaction.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by wendymac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all I liked this product. I didn't mind the smell, actually enjoyed it. I enjoyed the convenience of a one step process because of the time it saved. I found it to be ultra moisturizing and gentle. I had wanted to try this in the first place because the idea of Wen intrigued me. Like many other people, I couldn't reconcile spending that kind of money. So... The smell was nice, the convenience was super, made my hair soft (as if I had used a separate conditioner), and was ultra moisturizing. However, due to the oils that make it so moisturizing, it broke out my skin terribly!!!!!! I even tried washing my face as a last step in the shower to make sure I cleansed it off properly but I still broke out. Soo disappointed since I actually loved the product so much. When I switched from this my skin immediately cleared. When I tried the cleansing conditioner again, I broke out. Only reason I will not use this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by whitlee123

I'm in love with the evercreme line - and I especially enjoy this product. I've never not purchased a hair product based on the smell (ever used the neutrogena clarifying shampoo? gross. but it works.) but I have an abundance of thin hair that needs to be washed daily, due to the quick accumulation of oil. add that reality to long shifts in a bar, and yeah, I need to wash more than I'd like to.

so I use this - more often in winter than in summer time, since it's such a mild cleanser. I love knowing that I'm not slathering a bunch of bad-for-your-hair chemicals on my head. it cleans just as well as it moisturizes, leaves my hair perfectly shiny and soft.

I dig it. in my opinion, this rivals some of the joico stuff I've used in the past. and the price is right. your hair may take some time to get used to paraben- and sulfate-free hair cleansing products, but the weird week or so is totally worth it. your hair will thank you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many others, the smell really bothers me. It works, don't get me wrong; in fact, it works really well. It's very moisturizing and left my hair very soft. But the god awful smell. You have no choice but to rinse, unlike other cleansing conditioners, because you don't want this smell to linger.

The bottle isn't very good. Although if you have finer hair, then maybe it is okay. If you have a wavy hair texture, like I do, and your hair soaks up moisture like a sponge, well, you're going to hate this bottle.

Would I buy again? Yes, if they got a better smelling one. I've been on a cleansing conditioner journey. I feel that HairOne and Renpure are better than this, even though they cost more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

I agreed, this is a good conditioner, but the scent is too overwhelmingly cheap smelling.
I will no repurchase solely because of this.
Oh, that goes for that shampoo as well, honestly how long can one hold one's breath in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by jadebinkx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second cleansing conditioner. I like it better then Renpure Solutions Rosemary Mint Cleansing Conditioner. L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner is more moisturizing.
I do use a lot of pumps and leave it in until the end of my shower. Afterwards my hair feels soft and isn't too frizzy.

My only complaint is the scent. It's kinda like a vanilla spice...but a really bad cheap vanilla.
It's a shame it didn't smell better because my hair retains the scent all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

About my hair: 3b mixed texture fine wavy hair. Used to straightening and Keratin treatments.

This product didn't leave my hair any dryer or hydrated than it normally is... But it didn't fit neatly into my usual routine, either. I found the smell displeasing but it does fade (or maybe I get used to it?). This "cream" does not lather, which I personally found difficult to use to cleanse along the scalp. I feel like I overcompensated by using alot of the product in order to cover my entire scalp. I usually comb my hair out when I apply conditioner, but since this is a one-step product, that doesn't really work... so I had to deal with the hassle of trying ot untangle my hair after my shower.

All in all, I feel like this product did not clean my scalp effectively. It did not do anything harmful to my hair, but I would not repurchase. It is nice that the packaging has a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by lostinbk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On amazon I read this was a great dupe for Wen, and it was the cheapest I have encountered. One of the lovely ladies here at MUA said it's actually more like a cleansing balm and has a thicker consistency. I agree. I personally love Wen, but it's of course, as we all know, very expensive. When I opened it and smelled it, personally I loved the smell. It is vanilla-ish, with a hint of something else I can't quite put my finger on. It's not a natural smell by any means, but I adore it, especially compared to the Salon Grafix cleansing conditioner. That stuff smells of pure chemical, with a hint of cucumber melon.

Now on to the performance. I believe the bottle specifies it's good for dry hair types, but I tend towards oily. When I was younger, it got oily very fast, but that was when I was using typical shampoos that dried out my scalp. I live in a place with very hard water, and my hair was greasy this morning. Usually that spells out trouble without a stripping shampoo. But this cleaned out my hair, and it's now nice and soft. When I first got out of the shower, my hair felt sort of heavy so I was thinking it was going to be greasy still, but once it dried it was very light, yet shiny. Had great slip. They do have another cleansing conditioner in the L'Oreal line but I haven't tried it. I like this one very much but I may try the other type next to just see. I've been looking up so many reviews here on MUA, thanks ladies!