September 15, 2014 | 905 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara (2011)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by o0needia0o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim during a wal-mart shopping spree, and I am not disappointed. It's seriously my new favourite mascara! I feel like I've tried every drug store brand that claims it will lengthen, but this is the only one that actually worked for me. The formula is nice - not to wet, and doesn't flake throughout the day. It gives tons of length and volume! My lashes are quite thin, so this works out perfectly for me as a day to day mascara! Great find, great price! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

Honestly, I hate Maybelline mascaras for the most part. They are always too wet for my liking. I have had this sitting in my drawer for months, and actually like it now that it has aged a little. My lashes are already very long and voluminous, this mascara really makes them pop. I only use it when going for a more dramatic look. Clump Crusher by CG is my everyday mascara. The only complaints I have here are the uglllly tube and the fact that it's. b*tch to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok, i want to make this a quick but pretty detailed review. i am an asian woman with thin, short lashes. they don't respond to most mascaras, esp wet formulas. i went so far as to not even wear mascara because my continued search was extremely frustrating. also, i'm not the kind of person who will drop money on a product that i know i have to continually replace. it's just impractical to me. i tried this product on a whim..knowing that this had actually been a popular mascara back in the day. basically, this is the mascara that i am always reaching for. it provides noticeable length, and the waterproof formula is able to hold a curl for most of your day. unfortunately, i do notice slight drooping at the end of the day, but it's not enough of a difference for me to stop using it. i think maybelline did a great job on this mascara, and if you're looking for length and volume, you will be disappointed. this is strictly about providing what it claims. thnk you maybelline for giving me a new found hope where mascaras are concerned.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by lfeev9170

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I seem to do well with Maybelline mascaras. My all-time fave for as long as I can remember has been Great Lash, but I tried this on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes are light brown and of average length, but when I apply the Illegal Lengths, it both lengthens and volumizes them! I don't have clumping at all. Every so often a fiber makes one lash much longer than the others, but it only takes a quick second to gently pull it off. This mascara makes my lashes look so pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

I absolutely love this mascara! I have short Asian lashes, and while they're not actually that short, my eyelids cover them up so it's like they're not even there. Also, my lashes are naturally curled so I never have to curl them. The little fiber in this mascara work wonderes, they really grab onto the ends of your lashes and extend them. You can't really put too many coats of this ony otherwise the little fibers will stick to each other and present major clumping issues. Also, it does smudge a little during the day which is weird since I never put mascara on my lower lashes. I also love how it is so easy to wash off! If I didn't wear such powerful eyeliner, I could take this mascara off with only a little bit of normal soap and water. I wand makes it really easy to get into the inner corner, and also fan out the outer lashes. Overall, this is an awesome mascara and I definitely recommend people try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Sammyds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved this when it was on the shelves about 10 years ago- and I'm glad its back! I have long, thin, straight lashes which seem non-existent when bare. I HAVE to use an eyelash-curler, so my #1 criteria of a perfect mascara is that is has to hold the curl. This does that beeeautifully. But the reason why I really LOVE this mascara, is that it isn't thick, clumpy or gloopy (so I guess a no-go for those looking for volume.) It distributes an ample amount of product while s e p a r a t i n g my lashes! It's simply gorgeous; gives me a very NATURAL yet 'Dolly' looking set peepers. To top it off, I've had quite a few compliments, and "Are those extensions?" :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Iconicbeautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this mascaras a piece of shit. It has no VOLUME, or LENGTH! It basically does shit. Lol. And it gets even better not only is this a piece of shit, it also has a 9 dollar price tag to it when it's really worth a dollar. Fuck, might as well as get elf lol

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Isabellaqi

Well, with my asian eyelashes, obviously I would want length. I hadn't gotten a lengthening mascara before, so I wanted to try this. I was so fascinated by the claims on this mascara, I had to get it. I've decided that I'm mainly going to stick to volume mascaras, which work better for my eyes. Even though I sort of gave up on lengthening products because of this mascara, it still has nice fibers that attach (but my lashes look so sparse) and it had an okay brush (prickly and became clumpy) and a nice formula for lengthening. It didn't clump or flake even with my oily eyes (but I got waterproof). My next mascara I want to try is actually a lengthening mascara, but it's a tubing one. It's by l'oreal, and it's called l'oreal double extend beauty tubes!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I should've known I'd be disappointed by this product....most lengthening mascaras never work like they say they do.....this mascara was no different....

Illegal Lengths did nothing for me!!!! It did not really lengthen my lashes at all....it didn't separate....it really didn't hold my curl....I will never buy this again!!! Why can't anyone make a lengthening mascara that actually works? L'Oreal Lash Out was the only so called lengthening mascara that sort of worked and that got discontinued....

I will definitely be sticking to my usual regimen of using my 99 cent Super Lash by Apple from Mexico to set my curl and hold it all day followed by a couple coats of my L'Oreal Voluminous for the volume I love....Illegal Lengths does nothing for my lashes and doesn't do what it claims to....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I'm surprised by the average on this. A five star mascara for me. Maybelline makes some of the better mascaras out there, but this one is killer because of the brush. The bristles are just seperate enough to where you can really wiggle the wand around. I feel it gives megalong and lush lashes with a clump free formula. Finally an HG mascara for me. Perfection!