July 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Illegal Lengths Mascara (2011)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by lfeev9170

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I seem to do well with Maybelline mascaras. My all-time fave for as long as I can remember has been Great Lash, but I tried this on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes are light brown and of average length, but when I apply the Illegal Lengths, it both lengthens and volumizes them! I don't have clumping at all. Every so often a fiber makes one lash much longer than the others, but it only takes a quick second to gently pull it off. This mascara makes my lashes look so pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by lipsofanangel56

I absolutely love this mascara! I have short Asian lashes, and while they're not actually that short, my eyelids cover them up so it's like they're not even there. Also, my lashes are naturally curled so I never have to curl them. The little fiber in this mascara work wonderes, they really grab onto the ends of your lashes and extend them. You can't really put too many coats of this ony otherwise the little fibers will stick to each other and present major clumping issues. Also, it does smudge a little during the day which is weird since I never put mascara on my lower lashes. I also love how it is so easy to wash off! If I didn't wear such powerful eyeliner, I could take this mascara off with only a little bit of normal soap and water. I wand makes it really easy to get into the inner corner, and also fan out the outer lashes. Overall, this is an awesome mascara and I definitely recommend people try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Sammyds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved this when it was on the shelves about 10 years ago- and I'm glad its back! I have long, thin, straight lashes which seem non-existent when bare. I HAVE to use an eyelash-curler, so my #1 criteria of a perfect mascara is that is has to hold the curl. This does that beeeautifully. But the reason why I really LOVE this mascara, is that it isn't thick, clumpy or gloopy (so I guess a no-go for those looking for volume.) It distributes an ample amount of product while s e p a r a t i n g my lashes! It's simply gorgeous; gives me a very NATURAL yet 'Dolly' looking set peepers. To top it off, I've had quite a few compliments, and "Are those extensions?" :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Iconicbeautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this mascaras a piece of shit. It has no VOLUME, or LENGTH! It basically does shit. Lol. And it gets even better not only is this a piece of shit, it also has a 9 dollar price tag to it when it's really worth a dollar. Fuck, might as well as get elf lol

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Isabellaqi

Well, with my asian eyelashes, obviously I would want length. I hadn't gotten a lengthening mascara before, so I wanted to try this. I was so fascinated by the claims on this mascara, I had to get it. I've decided that I'm mainly going to stick to volume mascaras, which work better for my eyes. Even though I sort of gave up on lengthening products because of this mascara, it still has nice fibers that attach (but my lashes look so sparse) and it had an okay brush (prickly and became clumpy) and a nice formula for lengthening. It didn't clump or flake even with my oily eyes (but I got waterproof). My next mascara I want to try is actually a lengthening mascara, but it's a tubing one. It's by l'oreal, and it's called l'oreal double extend beauty tubes!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I should've known I'd be disappointed by this product....most lengthening mascaras never work like they say they do.....this mascara was no different....

Illegal Lengths did nothing for me!!!! It did not really lengthen my lashes at all....it didn't separate....it really didn't hold my curl....I will never buy this again!!! Why can't anyone make a lengthening mascara that actually works? L'Oreal Lash Out was the only so called lengthening mascara that sort of worked and that got discontinued....

I will definitely be sticking to my usual regimen of using my 99 cent Super Lash by Apple from Mexico to set my curl and hold it all day followed by a couple coats of my L'Oreal Voluminous for the volume I love....Illegal Lengths does nothing for my lashes and doesn't do what it claims to....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I'm surprised by the average on this. A five star mascara for me. Maybelline makes some of the better mascaras out there, but this one is killer because of the brush. The bristles are just seperate enough to where you can really wiggle the wand around. I feel it gives megalong and lush lashes with a clump free formula. Finally an HG mascara for me. Perfection!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahjade17

This mascara was OK. But illegal lengths? Hardly. My lashes were slightly longer when using this product, but not what you'd expect from a mascara that exists purely to lengthen your lashes. It looks OK on but the effect isn't anywhere near as dramatic as I was hoping.. and if you keep adding more coats it just goes clumpy. I also had a lot of trouble getting this mascara off at night, and took a few lashes out in the process. Yikes. I would recommend this mascara to someone who wants something subtle, but have eye makeup remover and cotton pads handy. Honestly though, for the money you're better off buying Falsies, Full N Soft, or a Rimmel mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It adds a lot of length, a good curl if you hold the brush right, and I do get noticeable fullness and volume. (But don't fool yourself, the fullness is average with this mascara, the drama comes more with the extreme length. So if your main concern is tons of volume and you don't care about length, you might not like this stuff by itself)

The effect looks very nice and with two coats I get quite dramatic lashes. They get super long and curly and fuller.

I have the washable version and it doesn't seem to run or flake significantly.

However, the formulas of fiber mascaras are so annoying. Normal mascaras are creamy and goopy-this stuff is thinner and dryer. You can get drama when you build it up but the fibers just make the formula different-I've used other fiber formulas in the past. Also if you dont' use the fiber mascara properly your lashes might stick in different directions.

Even though you can get drama with this fiber mascara used alone, it is much easier to use fiber mascaras layered over a normal volumizing formula to get super drama (and easier application)

I must say this is better than the Loreal False Fiber lashes..all fiber formulas have their own feel but this one was more buildable and smooth than the Loreal one.

Wouldn't call it my HG because fiber formulas irritate me but I like this mascara. I think people will either love it or hate it. The advantages are the extreme length and curl. The disadvantages are the texture of the formula and some might not think it adds enough thickness or volume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've bought this a couple of times and I've really enjoyed it. I've used both the waterproof version and the regular. It holds a curl very well and adds a lot of length! This is an affordable mascara. It didn't smudge on me yet it was easy to remove (even the waterproof).
I'm not currently using it, but there's a 75% chance that I'll repurchase this eventually in the future. I just enjoy experimenting with mascaras and trying out new ones so it's actually pretty rare for me to repurchase a mascara. This mascara, however, is pretty great for lengthening and I usually use two mascaras at a time: one for volume and one for length!