Revlon Photoready 3D Volume

3.6

on 11/20/2014 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This mascara is very average. it's like an acceptable level of mediocre for a drugstore mascara. Does it make my eyelashes look darker/more voluminous/longer? Sure. But only to a certain extent. Still, I got it as a gift so I'm not complaining and considering the fact that we gotta throw out our mascara within 4 months, it's fine. But do yourself a favor and buy the Maybelline Falsies or something else from their range. It's just better. Also, talk about uninspired packaging. Revlon really does not have it going on in that department.

on 10/3/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been looking so long for a great inexpensive mascara that I was almost on the verge of giving up and returning to spending way too much on Clinique or Benefit but hurray for Revlon! New HG drugstore mascara! Really impressed by how volumizing the brush and formula are. I find that it lasts all day, no flaking, and comes off well with makeup remover (my biggest issue with the likes of Cover Girl Lash Blasts).

on 9/22/2014 3:16:00 PM

Before meeting Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara, I never met a drugstore mascara I liked. I had a few mid-range favorites, and Benefit They're Real was occasionally in my rotation; They're Real has that neat brush and a decent formula going on, but it's so hard to take off at the end of the day.

I was browsing around Target waiting for something at the pharmacy, and a stray tube of Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara caught my attention. I don't think I would have ever noticed this unless someone had left their package on the counter, particularly because it's usually stocked on a hanging rack near the floor in the Revlon display. What drew my eye was the brush that was reminiscent of They're Real - whimsy and the frustration of spending more than $20 every 3 months for mascara made me put the tube in my basket.

I didn't have high hopes for this, so I was pleasantly surprised when my lashes turned out long, dark and nicely separated. I didn't experience any flaking, and removal was a cinch with warm water and a soft cloth. I find I can do two coats before it starts to dry and clump, so I can get a nice, dark fluttery lash without a lot of work. I like to put on the first coat like a traditional mascara, then turn the brush so the pointy tip is toward my eye and comb through that way the second time. It's that second time through that really creates length for me, as well as some volume, as it's picking up the little lashes, too.

This doesn't perform as well as some higher-priced mascaras, BUT it's a significant improvement over most drugstore mascaras I've tried and considerably cheaper than most brands one could pick up at Sephora. I'm giving up my expensive mascara habit in favor of this little gem, at least for a while.

on 9/21/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not impressed with this mascara in any way. I misguidedly strayed from my preferred DS brand of mascaras (L'Oreal) and I learned my lesson. This mascara gave no volume and very little length. The end result was very brittle looking lashes. Definitely will never purchase again.

on 9/20/2014 4:37:00 PM

The only reason I bought this was because my mom had a tube of this and I loved the results it gave me. According to some reviews, it was being compared to Benefits They're real because of the brush...umm no. It still gave good results, but not great/over-the-top results like Benefits They're real. I had the shade Blackest black in WP, which was a dark black color and held up on resisting water. As far as application/results, I found that if I applied too much, it would start to look clumpy, almost spidery, and would flake on me, so I had to be careful using this. For me, its just mediocre, not something I would probably buy again unless it was on clearance.

on 9/18/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hg ALERT! I have liked this mascara more than any other mascara I have used in about two years. I had a run of trying many 'hyped' about mascaras, including Benefit, Tarte, Jordana, Essence and haven't been more than so-so impressed with any of them. Finally I found this gem! It has a great formula which is waterproof yet easy to remove, it is soooo build able, which means you can do about 5 coats without it going clumpy, and with that comes awesome length.The brush great for people with naturally quite long lashes who are constantly searching for the mascara to give them that extra bit of oomph. It isn't the most volumizing mascara, and I haven't tried combining it with one yet but I have a feeling that when I do I will never reach for false lashes again.

on 9/12/2014 6:12:00 PM

The WORST mascara I have ever bought ...no volume at all...pin straight lashes that are sooo separated and long..they just look stop...don't waste your money!!!

on 9/10/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great product! I actually love this as much as benefit's they're real this is a must need mascara!

on 8/25/2014 6:09:00 AM

This is by far my HG mascara, I was one of those people who would by a new mascara every time my old one ran out in the hope of finding 'the one' until I came across this mascara (I have repurchased this around 5 times now). I have pretty average lashes, nothing special, more on the thin and short side if anything, but with this mascara I have lashes that make me reconsider wearing false lashes.
I usually apply one coat wait a few seconds until it gets tacky, apply another coat and repeat until i have my desired volume. The brush makes this so fantastic! absolutely zero clumping and none of that sticking all your eyelashes together so you have 5 lines poking out of eyes.
throughout my time i've tried billion of mascaras from high end lancomes to other drug store mascaras and the only mascara that had come close has been the much underated maybeline one by one.
This mascara just makes your lashes look like so fluttery and perfect! defs a dupe for benefits they're real but for the price ($24 AUD) ill chose this over benefit anyday (plus I actually prefer revlons formula more)

on 8/20/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

By far the best mascara I've ever tried. First off, I absolutely love the brush; it separates my lashes perfectly. I get why some people may find it "spidery" and thin looking but in my opinion it gives a fuller look. There's nothing more I hate than lashes that clump together which makes me take longed getting ready in the morning to separate them. This brush makes me morning easier. Secondly, the waterproof is no joke. It's been tested to have lasted through an 8-hour shift at work without needing to be reapplied and a 30 minute off and on crying session. It does kind of flake a little bit if you mess with it too much (but doesn't all mascara do that when you rub at it?). I haven't really had any problem with any flaking other than when I've purposely touched it. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product. It's a steal for the price.