December 17, 2014 | 1774 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't let the cute packaging fool you this palette is dreadful!!!! The colors have absolutely no pigment whatsoever and don't show up at all!!! These colors are so sheer to the point that they are practically invisible and even with a good base they still don't show up! In fact they are so sheer and colorless that all the colors end up looking identical, even the darker ones, absolutely no color payoff at all! I have 99 cent palettes that are waaaayyyy more pigmented then this one and this Physicians Formula palette was rather pricey for a drug store palette. Needless to say I am very disappointed!!! I will not be repurchasing this nor would i recommend it to anyone! Don't waste your money!!! The only silver lining to this is I bought this at Rite Aid and they let you return makeup so you best believe this one is getting returned!!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

These are not that pigmented and you have to really use a lot or use them wet to get the effect you want. They wear off fairly quickly and need a primer. All the colors look the same when they are on and blend into each other.

I would not call this a dupe for the Naked Palette if anyone is wondering. I heard it was long ago but its not. It's very shimmery and metallic. It has fallout and don't think this is worth the $12.99 it costs. The strips are way too close to one another for application.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- this is like a mini-version of the Naked palette
-- they both have the same concept

Cons:
- they crease after a few hours
-- even with primer
-- for reference, I have extremely oily Asian/hooded eyelids
- there are no matte shades
-- there are only metallic/shimmer shades

I might have would this well only if I didn't have hooded eyelids. MIGHT. After using this, I have realized that I do NOT like metallic/"shimmery" shades. Since there are no matte shades, I cannot use this palette AT ALL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

the packaging is okay ,but really you're not getting much of each color. none of the colors really stuck that well. Even when I use a primer before hand it didn't stick or stay very dark. It creased pretty badly. I was very disappointed in this product . I have it in the nude and also in a purple. neither one really satisfied.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by PositiveRadiance1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

You need to use primer for these shadows so they stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by akarianhuntress

I bought this because I needed a nice nude coloured palette with shimmers in it. I bought this online thinking it would be quite nice and a decent 'dupe' for the Naked Palette.
When I got it I was surprised at how small it was. It's only a bit longer than my hand, and my hand is pretty small. I did think the packaging was very cute, however the lid flips open horizontally, which is a little inconvenient.
The palette comes in 12 neutrals, all shimmer as it is called, The shadows themselves are quite hard, almost in a baked consistency. It's a little bit hard to get the shadows to come off - you'll need to rub your brush over them a couple of times to get the product onto the brush.
However, the colours and pay-off is really nice. They don't have any fall out and they give a soft metallic finish to the skin.
I love the lightest cream shade which makes for a great highlight. The gold colour doesn't really show up as gold, but instead a light golden champagne. The pink colour shows up more like a cool white rather than a pink. Most the shades are quite nice except for the black which isn't shimmery and isn't very pigmented.
All in all I enjoyed this product for the price I paid for it. I won't be repurchasing, but I definitely won't be running out any time soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by coffeeandcream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a dissapointment! I have 3 other shimmer strips (the ones in the clear, hard plastic case). I've liked them and when I saw this "nude" palette, along with the cute packaging, I wanted to have it.

Well I don't know what happened with the quality between the clear plastic ones and this one, but the eyeshadow quality is really poor on these. They are hard and chalky. Very poor pigment and staying power. I do not have this issue with the other shimmer strips. Really bummed because the colors on this are really nice for my skintone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

The reason I bought this e/s palette was solely because of its packaging because its so darn cute! Some reviewers said that the pigmentation is so sheer that the lighter shades looks the same. But personally on me I can tell the difference. Maybe because I always wear eye primer underneath,I use the ELF $1 eye primer and the color shows up on my lids. If you still have problem with the colors not showing up you can try to wet the sponge applicator. I don't regret purchasing this but I won't buy another one just because I have other neutral palettes I have to go through.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a really great nude palette! I was skeptical at first, but after using it for a bit, it turned out to be quite a great product.
Buying this in a set with two Physicians Formula eyeliners and a mascara duo, I was optimistic about this product. Having never tried Physicians Formula before, I figured that it would be a good product; after all, it's the most expensive drugstore brand, so I was really hoping to get my money's worth out of this palette. This palette came out during the whole nude eye craze (hence the name), so I guess that it was meant to be a competitor with palettes like UD Naked.
This palette contains 9 neutral eyeshadows of assorted shades and tones, ranging from creamy white to black. I'd say about half of the colors are taupe-ish. They are all satin finish, except for the black; the black has very fine shimmer. Imo, these eyeshadows are arranged by twos; a suggested eyelid color and a suggested crease color. And that arrangement actually made good sense! There are two extremes; the off white, a highlight color, and the black, a liner. There is good variety and opportunity to create eye looks that are either light or deeper; there is great potential in this palette.
I didn't really like the way that the eyeshadows were right next to each other; yeah, they're "strips", but it gets tricky accessing them with larger or fluffier brushes. The strips range in width, but are not separated from each other at all. It gets a bit frustrating sometimes, since a bit of adjacent colors can easily get picked up and transferred.
The eyeshadows themselves impressed me a lot. A lot of reviewers here claim that these eyeshadows are very sheer and similar to each other; for me, these eyeshadows were very nicely pigmented and what I saw in the palette is what went onto my eyes. I had no problems with the pigmentation at all, and they stayed beautiful and vibrant all day with primer. I thought that they complemented my dark brown eyes very well.
Their texture is also impeccable; they're extremely smooth and blendable. They effortlessly blend with each other when you use more than one, and they look professionally done. The finish truly is incredible. They're not flaky or chalky, and I saw very little fallout. I wouldn't call these very buildable eyeshadows past a certain extent, but you can go very light or bright.
Staying power, consequently, is also very impressive. With primer, they didn't crease or fade one bit; they stayed flattering all day long.
The packaging, besides the rather faulty eyeshadow layout, is pretty cute. The fishnet tights on the lid and the little bow are adorable! The lid is a flip-top, and has a little magnet to make it stay. The magnet is not the most durable, but it hasn't posed a lot of problems so far. There is a pointy foam applicator, but it doesn't really do anything besides cut grooves in the eyeshadows. It's a great palette for travel and is really small! Overall, it's an amazing palette and I highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I really wanted to like this, but sadly I won't be repurchasing. :(

Staying power is really bad. I wore the bottom colours one day (the dark brown and black) and they faded a lot, it wasn't even noticeable an hour or two later. Too bad, because I liked the way it looked when I first put it on. The black was too sheer for my taste, but it was buildable, so if you don't mind working on your makeup a little longer, it can look pretty good. Also, I like the texture of the shadows, very soft.

Also, I don't like the way it's set up. All the colours share a single pan and they're all cut unevenly. I don't know if it's the same for anyone else, but the third shadow from the top in mine is really thin compared to the ones around it. This makes it hard to pick up JUST that shadow because my brush ends up picking up the colours around it if I'm not careful. I would like it a lot more if the palette was just a BIT bigger and had some separation between the colours.

Packaging is super cute and the lid is magnetized, but it is very weak. I feel like if you put this in your purse it would get knocked open easily.

The sponge applicator is useless, but I didn't dock any lippies for that since I find that most applicators that come with eyeshadows are useless anyway.

Overall, this is a nice idea but too bad it was not executed very well.