September 1, 2014 | 1040 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - IT Base

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Honestly Everyday Minerals has gone to the dogs.
This is DEFINITELY not a subsutitue for the discontinued Intense formula.
Also a lot of the goodies were also discontinued eg. Abbott's Perke Me Up and Aussie Perk Me Up.
What's with you EM, get your acts together !!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by CombYourFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE PRODUCT! The "it" formula does not come close to the discontinued intensive formula foundation. It offers little to medium coverage and a limit color selection. Yes, it advertises "buildable coverage" but it takes time and patience--which many of us do not have time for. Especially someone like myself who suffers from pigmented scars. I had to purchase a concealer to cover up the scarring, but with the "intensive formula," it wasn't necessary. The texture is not very soft and creamy compared to everyday mineral's matte foundation, its rather a grainy consistency.

The product broke me out. It was a tad over-drying and irritating on my oily, acne-prone skin--who would have thought. Since I purchased two big size in golden medium, I'll save this product for summer when my skin is oily slick but in the meantime, I'll continue to use Everyday Minerals matte foundation. I'm still on the hunt for an intensive mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Ghost08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I'm going to try and make this review as HELPFUL as possible to the others who will be reading it.
First off, I was a huge fan of the matte base but I when the IT base came out I decided to give it a try. The website says that this makeup is supposed to make it look like you aren't wearing any makeup. This is absolutely true, HOWEVER...I would say that if you have to build up to a heavy coverage this is not true anymore.
I have acne and as much as I appreciate a makeup that covers it, I appreciate a NATURAL look more. So that being said, I like this because it looks NATURAL when applied lightly.
So how do I apply it? I use the flat top brush from EM and buff it into my skin.
I have oily skin and this doesn't "melt" off of my skin like other mineral makeups do (ie, neutrogena, L'oreal, bare minerals. These are brands I've tried and disliked)
I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone with dry skin because having to buff this in would make the dry flakes more visible.
When trying to pick this makeup out on the internet I would DEFINITELY recommend ordering samples so you can find your color/base type.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by kellybui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i used to love this product but now they screw me over one too many times with the color consistency. I don't blame them having the color off online because perhaps diff computer screens are diff but i based my color off the sample and they sent me something 4-5 shades darker. im apalled.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Sparkylarky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about Everyday Minerals. I was so excited to find about this line and the free samples. But I never quite found the color match I was looking for. I first purchased the intensive and while it covered well and stayed on smooth it left something to be desired. I guess my hopes may have been to high and I wanted it to have the finish of Laura Mercier's mineral powder. When the intensive makeup was discontinued I decided to try the IT base hoping it would be a good replacement. But wow it's like the opposite of intensive. It is very light and I consider it to be more of a finishing powder. It is buildable but you end up using a lot of product for less than stellar results. I probably wouldn't buy this again... but if you're looking for something light that wont break you out or irritate sensitive skin, than this might work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by coppersnowflake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My review is not to compare this base to the previous intensive base, as I have never used it. I have, however, been flirting with the idea of switching over to a mineral powder base for some time. I like the idea of the small amount of ingredients that comprise a simple mineral powder, and so I thought I would take advantage of Everyday Minerals' free samples. I liked the idea of the IT base because it has only four ingredients (I believe this is supposed to be the most natural and non-irritating of the bases as it doesn't contain lauroyl lysine). While I was impressed with the array of shades that are offered, and I do believe I found my match, the base didn't do it for me. I have sensitive normal-oily skin and this made it feel dry and "stayed on top" of my skin. I wore it for two days in a row and I couldn't adjust. My usual base is a sheer tinted moisturizer, and by comparison, this base made my face look dull and dry and feel itchy. It also aggravated a zit. (If it didn't, the swirling brush application of it certainly did.) Anyway, I wanted to like this base so badly, but it just isn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by rickashae24

I bought a sample of this in fairly light neutral, I am a medium light in BM foundation. I have been pleased so far. I would say it's a medium to full coverage.It has not accentuated any dry patches of my skin. I felt like BM settled into fine lines a little too much and I don't feel this way with this product. Try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

Seriously, this is supposed to be a replacement for Intensive? Not even close. Epic fail for Everyday Minerals.

First of all, the coverage sucks-yes it's buildable but it takes the right brushes and ALOT of patience and time.

The color also comes out weird. I have used Fair in the Original and Matte, as well as Intensive formulas, and the color stayed true, just the formula changed. Well, this has an odd, orangey cast that is NOT flattering. The Intesive formula used to be a concealer for me, since Everyday Minerals has limited their color line for the concealers as well.

I will definitely not repurchase this-terrible! I will stay with the Original, which actually has much better coverage now than the IT formula. As for when I need a heavier coverage, I'm gonna search elsewhere. I wonder how many customers they have lost over this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For those who are looking for a replacement for EDM's Intensive base-----this sadly is not it. The coverage is medium, although it can be built up, but it's a tedious process. Also, the fact that EDM offers such a limited range of colors is just aggravating. Who comes out with a new line of foundation from the same brand, but just leaves out certain shades they've already created in the past and are currently still making in other formulas?? It makes no sense, especially in regard to marketing and overall customer satisfaction.

I'm Golden Fair and I purchased Fair, hoping it would be neutral enough to pass, even though they state that it's for cool toned skin. It is indeed cool toned, so they don't even offer a color I can use, even if I was happy with the product. One of the reasons I appreciated EDM was because of all the shade options they offer for very fair skinned people. But, now, you're stuck with either Matte or Semi-Matte.

The overall finish is matte and it does look very natural, if you can find a shade that works for you. And, due to the limited ingredients, there's very little room for skin irritation. So, this can work for those lucky enough to have nice skin to begin with and can find a matching shade in a limited array of color choices.

And, as a side note: EDM used to be a very good value. However, note that their 20 gram jars of foundation, equaling 4.4 grams net weight of product is $12 and their LE Bigger Size "Extra Large" jars, which hold a net weight of 10 grams of product are $18.95. Pretty much every single other MMU brand offers 30 gram jars with 10gram net weight of product and the average price is anywhere from $11-21 dollars (Sobe botanicals, Lauress, Silk Naturals, Lumiere, Meow Cosmetics, etc). So, in comparison, EDM is no longer a good value--they're just average. They rarely offer fun kits for each season and they constantly discontinue colors and products that people love (I.E. Pressed products, palettes, LE kits, Intensive Line, lip products, full range of Concealers, etc.). They don't even offer concealers for fair skin anymore! And now they only offer concealers in the MINI size jars and charge 5 or 6 dollars for them. So, you're getting half the product for almost equal the price of what you used to pay. They also love getting rid of products with absolutely NO warning. They have an entire "News" section on their site that the owner uses to advertise the products they currently have and have had for a really long time because they rarely offer anything new anymore. However, the News section is never used to update customers on products they plan on discontuing.

EDM, you better shape up and start offering the products and the value that built the foundation for your customer base. Until then. I'm movin' on.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by shelleycap

I tried this when it firstncame out. After years if wearing Medium Beige Neutral in O. Glo I grabbed this in the same shade. I found it to be off in color. Slightly too yellow/dark. Also it is not as finely milled as the O. Glo. I'm not a fan.