September 30, 2014 | 2072 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Maybelline color tattoo in Tough as Taupe wasn't very pleasant for my liking. The color is way to dark for my shade range. I will say I absolutely love the color tattoos, I didn't like this color and I didn't like the extra shimmer in this product, it would have been better matte. I would so recommend this product but just not this particular shade.

Retail price- $7.00
Drugstore
Brand- Maybelline

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this hoping to use as multi use product. Possibly contour, eye shadow wash as neutral and maybe an eyebrow filler. I did not love it as shadow. I find, with all color tatoos, that they crease but they do last. I need to only use a thin layer otherwise I get dark color but too much creasing, not attractive. This made me afraid to try it as contour.
I do however, love it as eyebrow filler/cream. I use a eye liner brush to apply. Perfect shade and lasts all day long. My favorite eyebrown product. Being I don't use a lot a day on brows it will take me forever to use up pot. Maybe one day I will try as contour. Nice taupe shade. I was worried it would be too gray, but on my light-medium skin it isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by sabbia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this eyeshadow!

I was shocked the first time I applied it because the color on my lid is not the color I expected from looking at swatches online or from looking at the pot. Applied to my lid, it is the prettiest blue-gray color that is striking against my hazel eyes.

It applies fairly smoothly (two layers is the trick), is just the right amount of pigmentation, and lasts all day without creasing or fading (I do wear primer under it out of habit).

It has quickly become one of my favorite everyday looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupmaven317

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blends well, and is easy to use. The color is fine, and I like the packaging.

Maybe it's just me and my skin type, but this isn't long-lasting, whatsoever. It acts like regular eyeshadow (creases after a while, is a little faded by the end of the day). I do have oily skin, though, which might contribute to this.

If there is another color I really like, I'd pick it up. I'm just lowering my expectations about how long this will last, because 24 hours is quite the hyperbole.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$6.99

The skinny: Eh as eye shadow. OMG amazing for brows. (for reference, I use Mac Coquette es w Spiked brow pencil and formerly used Lancome sable pencil. These and Tough as Taupe are perfect and interchangeable colors w my black hair and brows)

Got this for mainly to use as a quick eye look but find it kind of boring for that. It may work if you are minimalist (and for work I typically donít do complicated color combinations myself), but with this I feel it not so easy to concentrate color on the lid and create a nice blend upwards. I got this as an alternative to the old HIP cream shadow paint in Nervy 817 (squeezy tube) which I still have, use, and love. The cream shadow paint (discontinued) is a more fluid consistency and therefore much easier to work with. The color tattoo is thick and must be warmed up by your finger in order to blend properly. It is a very nice neutral, cool, matte shade and works splendid as a base but for my taste, I find I have to work a little more than I want to daily to create an eye look with this. Iím not satisfied with how this looks alone. I like more dimension. I added 2 colors from UD Naked I palette to accentuate inner corners and deepen lashlines and crease.

However I, at the behest of previous reviews, tried this on my brows and I LOVE IT. AMAZING!! I worried that the consistency might cause it to be too strong an effect/color for my sparse brows, but it creates a beautiful fuller, defined brow in less than a minute total. Beautiful, natural yet defined, and QUICK. The cream consistency facilitates the effect of more definition in addition to filling them in, as you can easily make that nice, clean line Ė especially important in the area from the beginning of the brow and before the arch. It also helps to lay the hair down nicely. And I can create the tail of my brow with this alone, not needing a separate pencil! Very beautiful and so easy! I did not expect to love it this much. A product for this purpose and at this price is phenomenal.

Of course, for my nights out or photo occasions I will go all out and do my fabulous structured brow with the incomparable Mac Spiked pencil/ coquette combo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by glitteratti1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Found this searching for a brow color that would work for my slightly thinning, greying eyebrows. Some reviewers really liked this as a brow color, so it isn't expensive and am giving it a whirl. Yes, it does work as a brow color. Nicely, in fact. No red tones, not too dark and lasts on the brow for a long time. Easy to apply with a thin,angled brow brush. I don't know if this would work for those with reddish brows, but for me it's perfect.
I'll try it as a shadow, too. And a lower lid liner as I'd think it would create a very soft enhancement. Will update as I try it out on the lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by AtomicLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this one! Perfect to get smokey eyes very quick. The colour looks great on my very pale skin and doesn't crease at all. Super long lasting, blends very well. I use brush to apply and blend, it picks up the product well.
Great to use whenever I don't feel like spending too much time on my evening look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Awesome shadow and color. Amazing staying power and durability. This is a great neutral color for a base or alone. It's a cool taupe color that isn't washed out. A nice staple product for every day wear when you don't want to bother trying and will still look amazing.

I also use this on occasion as a brow "wax" when I am in a rush lol. Also have used it as a liner and it's just an amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I like to use it a neutral shadow for "no makeup" looks. I also like to use it as a subtle eyeliner. I've tried it for my brows too but I think it's a little too cool for me, but otherwise works great to help fill in the brows. Overall a versatile, good quality, great value cream shadow. Seriously, I've had this for about 6 months now and use it a few times a week and haven't made much of a dent in it. Definitely want to give some of the other shades a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. I use it as an eyeliner for some subtle defintion, BUT, its real genius for me is on my EYEBROWS.

Yes, it's a brilliant, perfect shade to give my brows definition and it LASTS. I use my finest, stiffest lining brush to apply, then blend with a spoolie, clean up the edges, and finish with a fixative of some sort. (currently just hairspray on a spoolie till I can convince myself to spend the bucks on the Anastasia Brow Fix.)