December 20, 2014 | 1119 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really impressed by this product. I have avoided cream eyeshadows for years due to my oily skin that made makeup fade, crease or completely disappear. I tried it after hearing numerous reviews about how well it performs and I wasn't disappointed. This wears really well, can be blended with either fingers or brushes and stays put like nobody's business! I have tried it on it's own and with powder shadows layered over the top and it performs well in both applications. My only lament is that it's the only neutral colour that doesn't have shimmer...at my age shimmer is a no go and I would love to see more neutral shades without the shimmer. This is going to be making a regular appearance in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is a staple for when I want to do a slightly deep eye look. On my eyes it just looks like a pretty medium toned grey, it sticks all day and creates a lovely based.

Compared to the other color tattoos, this one actually performs above average for me. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ATay7

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos, but NOT the color of this one. It doesn't look anything like the color in the container, I was extremely surprised when I put this on my eyes. it just looked like a super dark gray eyeshadow. Don't like and want to give this away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

:::EDIT 7/8/14:::
I youtubed how to restore dried out cream potted products and found some great ideas on how to get my jar back to a creamy non dried consistency so I'm bumping the rating up since this product is really great.

I got this shade when the line initially debuted. This isn't a true taupe but more like a medium warm grey with a hint of taupe. Gorgeous color nonetheless. The matte finish is great for a simple everyday office look. When I first bought this, I was using it almost everyday for a couple of months. The initial application was smooth and easy to blend out into the crease with a denser blending brush. Concerning the "24hour wear", personally, everything I apply to my lids will crease including these without a primer and my HG is UDPP. I did stop using it after a couple of months because I got into using Bad to the Bronze and have finally hit pan on that baby. But that is for another review... Recently I was going through my collection of color tattoos( I do have a slight obession with these because of how well Bad to the Bronze performs) I noticed that all still were creamy and easy to blend before they dry on the lid except for TAT. It actually seems to be drying up around the edges and toughening up in texture. Really sucks though because I was wanting to bring it back into my makeup rotation. I can still sort of use it but it now applies patchy and some what uneven. Deciding on just gettin a new one and chucking my old one out. I had first purchased this one with BTTB yet this one dried out way before BTTB. BTTB has actually yet to dry out on me and still makes my everyday makeup look easypeasy. None of my other CTs show any signs of drying out so I'm not sure of the typical life span of these cream products. Other than the drying out part, I do like this this color and will probably repurchase during this weeks 40% OFF Maybelline at Rite Aid sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is pretty decent. I use it as a base for powder shadow and there is no creasing, color stays true. Eyeliner glides on over it with no problem. I put primer and foundation on before I apply.
One day I went without it for some reason and by noon my shadow had creased ridiculously. I also have less fallout from my shadows with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Maybelline color tattoo in Tough as Taupe wasn't very pleasant for my liking. The color is way to dark for my shade range. I will say I absolutely love the color tattoos, I didn't like this color and I didn't like the extra shimmer in this product, it would have been better matte. I would so recommend this product but just not this particular shade.

Retail price- $7.00
Drugstore
Brand- Maybelline

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this hoping to use as multi use product. Possibly contour, eye shadow wash as neutral and maybe an eyebrow filler. I did not love it as shadow. I find, with all color tatoos, that they crease but they do last. I need to only use a thin layer otherwise I get dark color but too much creasing, not attractive. This made me afraid to try it as contour.
I do however, love it as eyebrow filler/cream. I use a eye liner brush to apply. Perfect shade and lasts all day long. My favorite eyebrown product. Being I don't use a lot a day on brows it will take me forever to use up pot. Maybe one day I will try as contour. Nice taupe shade. I was worried it would be too gray, but on my light-medium skin it isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by sabbia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this eyeshadow!

I was shocked the first time I applied it because the color on my lid is not the color I expected from looking at swatches online or from looking at the pot. Applied to my lid, it is the prettiest blue-gray color that is striking against my hazel eyes.

It applies fairly smoothly (two layers is the trick), is just the right amount of pigmentation, and lasts all day without creasing or fading (I do wear primer under it out of habit).

It has quickly become one of my favorite everyday looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupmaven317

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blends well, and is easy to use. The color is fine, and I like the packaging.

Maybe it's just me and my skin type, but this isn't long-lasting, whatsoever. It acts like regular eyeshadow (creases after a while, is a little faded by the end of the day). I do have oily skin, though, which might contribute to this.

If there is another color I really like, I'd pick it up. I'm just lowering my expectations about how long this will last, because 24 hours is quite the hyperbole.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$6.99

The skinny: Eh as eye shadow. OMG amazing for brows. (for reference, I use Mac Coquette es w Spiked brow pencil and formerly used Lancome sable pencil. These and Tough as Taupe are perfect and interchangeable colors w my black hair and brows)

Got this for mainly to use as a quick eye look but find it kind of boring for that. It may work if you are minimalist (and for work I typically donít do complicated color combinations myself), but with this I feel it not so easy to concentrate color on the lid and create a nice blend upwards. I got this as an alternative to the old HIP cream shadow paint in Nervy 817 (squeezy tube) which I still have, use, and love. The cream shadow paint (discontinued) is a more fluid consistency and therefore much easier to work with. The color tattoo is thick and must be warmed up by your finger in order to blend properly. It is a very nice neutral, cool, matte shade and works splendid as a base but for my taste, I find I have to work a little more than I want to daily to create an eye look with this. Iím not satisfied with how this looks alone. I like more dimension. I added 2 colors from UD Naked I palette to accentuate inner corners and deepen lashlines and crease.

However I, at the behest of previous reviews, tried this on my brows and I LOVE IT. AMAZING!! I worried that the consistency might cause it to be too strong an effect/color for my sparse brows, but it creates a beautiful fuller, defined brow in less than a minute total. Beautiful, natural yet defined, and QUICK. The cream consistency facilitates the effect of more definition in addition to filling them in, as you can easily make that nice, clean line Ė especially important in the area from the beginning of the brow and before the arch. It also helps to lay the hair down nicely. And I can create the tail of my brow with this alone, not needing a separate pencil! Very beautiful and so easy! I did not expect to love it this much. A product for this purpose and at this price is phenomenal.

Of course, for my nights out or photo occasions I will go all out and do my fabulous structured brow with the incomparable Mac Spiked pencil/ coquette combo