Maybelline Color Tattoo - Painted Purple

3.0

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 5/27/2013 11:23:00 AM

The first color tattoo from the line I ever tried was Bad to the Bronze, so when I bought this purple color tattoo, I had high expectations for it. I was expecting it to be creamy, easy to blend, and true to color like the other formulas. Painted Purple looks like a really deep, rich purple in the pot, but when applied to the eye and blended out, it looks like a dull, greyed purple. I found that it applied kind of patchily to my eyelids and wasn't the most ideal base for powder products. My purple eye shadows looked better when I just used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and layered the shadow over top of that. It's hard to find purple shadows with good formulas that don't look dull on the eyes, so I feel like I wouldn't have been as disappointed with the product if I didn't know how amazing the other colors in the line were.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It is such a pretty color! I don't like it as a shadow, so I use it as an eyeliner, even then it doesn't last long. I put a primer on and put a purple eyeliner on under and it still does not last long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I know this eyeshadow is getting some bad reviews. I agree - as an eyeshadow it's not the greatest. It's definitely not as pigmented as the other tattoo colors (Bad to the Bronze is amazing!). By itself, it's not a great eyeshadow.

However, I think this makes an amazing eyeshadow base for purple eyeshadow. The colour is an exact dupe to NYX's jumbo eye pencil in Purple, but unlike the jumbo eye pencils, it doesn't crease!

It's a great base to make my purple eyeshadow look more vibrant. I like layering Vellum, Seedy Pearl and Satellite Dreams over it. It also pairs beautifully with my plummy browns such as Twins and Sable.

If you're looking for a good eyeshadow "base" this works great. If you're looking for a vibrant purple cream shadow, look else ware.

on 5/11/2013 5:43:00 PM

It's a shame that this Color Tattoo is so sheer compared to the rest of the shades in the product family, and even more of a shame that I usually like purple eyeshadows and that this one was a disappointment. This is a more matte, basic purple that looks pigmented in the pot but blends out so sheer, and unevenly! The more I blend out uneven, clumpy areas, the sheerer it becomes, until I've practically rubbed it all off. I have more luck packing on more color and building up the intensity... but then at the end of the day it just feels really heavy. Not to mention, this creases if I don't wear a powder eyeshadow over it.

I love all of the Color Tattoos but this is the only shade that's been a let-down. I've been hunting for the limited edition shade Fuschia Fever in hopes that it's much better than Painted Purple.

on 4/14/2013 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

wow what a disappointment. I love the bold purple color in the pot. but once you put in on, it's very sheer. you can build it, but it takes many coats & it starts to get creas-y. The formula is not smooth & creamy like some of the other colors either. This one is more dry & doesn't go on nice. Such a letdown.

on 3/22/2013 8:29:00 AM

T he purple is too sheer for my liking.

I love using this as a primer for my eyeshadow. It makes the purple deeper and I don't have any fall out. There's been a few times I've been on deadline and been able to sleep a few hours. When I wake up it looks like I just put it on which lets me get a bit more sleep. I apply it with a brush and it goes on evenly. Since I never use it on its own I can't say anything about that, but I did notice its very sheer and not like the color in the jar. Since I use it under my normal es I will be buying it again.

I don't like this stuff. Not at all. It's supposed to be super creamy and pigmented. The color is not even or pigmented. Its thin and looks cheap. NO. just no.

on 2/4/2013 7:56:00 PM

A false advert is a false advert. This purple is not like the ads and worse still, applies very unevenly. Difficult to work with because as you smooth it over skin it kind of clumps up even after you keep working with it it keeps sliding around. Would not think of wearing it alone. You would have to top it off with a shadow to get the purple shown in the ads. Skip this color and try Bad to the Bronze. I also have Mossy Green, which is better than this purple one, but not as good as Bad to the Bronze.

on 1/7/2013 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love the Color Tattoo line, these eye shadows offer the bold brilliance of a cream shadow with the longevity of a powder shadow. I think the low rating for this color as compared to the other ones is due to some having a different expectation of the color outcome. I know I did! On the outside of the pot, I thought the color would be a more bold purple, however, it's pretty 'tame'. I have come to like this color. It looks beautiful on dark brown eyes as a lonely shade swept over the eyelid.