April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Painted Purple

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ChinaGlazeJunkie

I love using this as a primer for my eyeshadow. It makes the purple deeper and I don't have any fall out. There's been a few times I've been on deadline and been able to sleep a few hours. When I wake up it looks like I just put it on which lets me get a bit more sleep. I apply it with a brush and it goes on evenly. Since I never use it on its own I can't say anything about that, but I did notice its very sheer and not like the color in the jar. Since I use it under my normal es I will be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I don't like this stuff. Not at all. It's supposed to be super creamy and pigmented. The color is not even or pigmented. Its thin and looks cheap. NO. just no.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Audrey0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A false advert is a false advert. This purple is not like the ads and worse still, applies very unevenly. Difficult to work with because as you smooth it over skin it kind of clumps up even after you keep working with it it keeps sliding around. Would not think of wearing it alone. You would have to top it off with a shadow to get the purple shown in the ads. Skip this color and try Bad to the Bronze. I also have Mossy Green, which is better than this purple one, but not as good as Bad to the Bronze.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the Color Tattoo line, these eye shadows offer the bold brilliance of a cream shadow with the longevity of a powder shadow. I think the low rating for this color as compared to the other ones is due to some having a different expectation of the color outcome. I know I did! On the outside of the pot, I thought the color would be a more bold purple, however, it's pretty 'tame'. I have come to like this color. It looks beautiful on dark brown eyes as a lonely shade swept over the eyelid.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by moonmaiden1975

Horrible. When applied, clumps and won't glide on smooth. Can't get color to build. Sorry Maybelline. I'm going back to my Urban Decay FLASH. It never let me down.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by metisroyalty

I just loved this eyeshadow in the other shades I have, so when I saw that they were $4.89 as opposed to almost $10 I picked up two: Painted Purple and Tenacious Teal. This review is for the purple.
As many of the reviews say, the opacity of this eyeshadow in the jar is misleading. When applied to my eyelid it does not show up, and looks quite muddy. I tried to layer it to have the colour build up but it just doesn't look that nice. Definitely won't purchase this shade again but I'll try to find ways to make it work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I get why many of the reviews for this product are negative, the color comes off as a lighter purple than it looks in the pan,and the color is not as buildable as most of the other color tattoos. But, I still love this color. This shade of purple looks awesome with my dark brown eyes, I like to put this on as a lid color and then line my eye with black or brown liner. It looks really good and it stays forever. I've gotten many complements on it in the few times I've worn it over the last couple weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by everyoneknewherasnancy

I was very disappointed by the color payoff. It really is not nearly as good as the rest of the products from this line.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by robinharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is not very pigmented at all, i have to really put a lot on to make it seen. and that's really the only reason i buy shadows so it's a big thumbs down for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this as a shadow per se, but as a liner which seems to last very long. The color is seemingly very vivid med/dark purple, but once on, it is only about medium. Not sure why this got such a low rating, but as with all the rest of these, you need to use a sponge applicator and really sweep the product and smooth it, or it can overload; that's my only beef with this product. Other than that, I think this is brilliant!