September 2, 2014 | 942 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Master Shape

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by marissa04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Upon seeing this product at the drugstore, I was extremely excited. I had high hopes that this would be an improvement on the Define A Brow, because that product had poor staying power and did not apply evenly on me. Although I love the spooley end, this product was a bit of a letdown. I have tried several colors from the line and they all just seem green-tinged on my brows. Also, this product applied poorly for me; not only was it patchy but it also clumped up in several areas- even with a light hand. What really gets to me is how fast you blow through this product, the constant sharpening wastes a lot of product, but if you don't sharpen it then you can't get a precise line. If this works for someone then by all means stick with it but personally this has just validated my love for the Anastasia Brow Wiz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best DS brow pencil I've ever used. I bought auburn and its a perfect match for me, most brow items are too dark or too rusty colored. For ref I have copper/light auburn hair and warm beige freckles w/ neutral leaning towards yellow skin.
EDIT: I went back to purchase another pencil and noticed they were plastic instead of wood at Target. So now I know what you gals were talking about. I pref the wood pencil, I'll update my review after I try out the plastic pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Lullipy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked this brow pencil. Just the right pigmentation if you're going for a nice natural look. I got it in the Deep Brown color and the shade is so flattering on asian skin and hair. The brush is also really nice and is good for dusting off some product if you have a heavy hand. I don't like how flimsy the caps are and why the pencil had to be in plastic. Whyyyy?! The packaging is the only downside to this product, otherwise it's my HG eyebrow pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So easy to use, defines brows without making them look unnatural. However you need a good brow shape to begin with!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Malela9

I am so sad to see the bad reviews on this product. This is a HG product for me. I am a busy working mom and I can get my brows on in no time with this. I love that the product is waxy, so I kill two birds at one time. You do have to brush the product into your brows and do a bit of clean-up. But, I think that you have to do that with all brow products. Yes, I wish that Maybelline did not put it into a plastic container. But, I do not have any problems sharpening the pencil. If you want a brow pencil that lasts all day and has easy application, give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by palepp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WTF. I think I got like five uses out of this pencil before it was completely gone and utterly unsharpenable. I feel totally jipped.

The only bright side is I quite like the brush end, and use it to apply a tinted brow gel. So I basically keep this empty, dull pencil around for the brush :P

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

OK, usually I'm quite a big fan of Maybelline but I was so disappointed with this eyebrow pencil. The formula of it is wax-like, and it's very difficult to apply to my brows. It goes on with an almost sicky consistency, but it was so hard to get any of the colour out of it!
I gave it a chance to redeem itself, and I gave up after "attempting" to sharpen it! (an impossible task!)
The worst eyebrow pencil I've ever used. (The brush is pointless as well).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by blondebeaute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me just say, I decided to use up the entire thing as punishment for being stupid enough to buy it without researching beforehand. With that said, you probably get an idea about how I feel about this pencil. I don't understand the plastic base, I see everyone was also as confused as me when it came to sharpening. It's a stupid idea. It's almost impossible to get a sharp edge with this. The actual product almost is a slippery wax. I had some difficulty with getting it to show over my foundation and bronzer. But I was able to work with it. I have dealt this pencil every day for almost everyday for 2 months in intense FL heat and rain. For the most part it holds up, granted I always later on Benefit brow gel. I would definitely not repurchase due to the fact that sharpening is hell on earth. I wish I hadn't had received so many compliments on my brows because I hate this pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I have some issues with this, but I honestly can overlook them for the good points.

The plastic casing for the pencil is quite possibly the worst idea ever. I received this in a swap and thought it was a twist up pencil. So I began to twist the other end (the end with the brush) and nothing happened. I kept on turning it and still nothing. So then in desperation I used my sharpener on it. It was difficult to sharpen but basically did the job. THEN I decide to check MUA and see that every other reviewer has had the same issue!

But I do have to say that this pencil and the attached brush are actually really good. I have the Blonde shade (I have light brown hair) and it really blends well and looks natural.

The formulation is a little waxy and makes my brow hairs stick to my skin, but the brush makes all the difference. I go over each brow in the opposite direction from how I applied with the pencil (in order to 'fluff' the hairs if that makes sense). This makes my hairs stop sticking to my skin and makes them look fuller. I normally cannot stand Maybelline products but I have to say that this is one that I would actually purchase. The color is great for me and the attached brush is perfect. I just wish they would put this in a regular wooden pencil!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about this product is the spoolie. The pencil itself, is very messy and the colors don't match the color of the packaging. The product rubs off and the pencil is very very creamy. I would not buy again nor ever recommend this. NO NO.