December 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Master Shape

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by catrockst3ady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is literally the worst brow pencil i've ever used, I picked it up because I was in a rush at the drugstore and needed something immediately. It's super waxy and goes on very thick, leaving a sort of coat on my eyebrows. It's also very difficult to get certain areas lighter than others and to have any defined lines. I was so confused when I first got it because it was plastic so I thought maybe if you twisted it, it would sharpen that way. I could not figure it out until I went online and saw that it needed to sharpen it... with a pencil sharpener. In addition to the fact that it has ruined my good pencil sharpener (by dulling it and getting waxy goop all over it) it doesn't even sharpen. You will literally never get a good point on this pencil. And I'm not even very picky about makeup, I use generic drugstore brands most of the time. This is just a truly awful brow pencil.

10/10 WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Teesabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyebrow pencil, it is probably one of my favourites and I have used up 2 of these already. The only bad side to it is the plastic pencil that is hard to sharpen which is a minor issue for me to be honest. I love the waxy consistency of it because it stays on all day, I bought it in the colour deep brown and it is the perfect shade for me and looks very natural on my medium skin. It's also cheap so despite the fact that I basically have to sharpen it every couple of uses, it's at least not expensive to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

I got mine in dark blonde and it seems to match my eyebrows well. I have medium-dark blonde eyebrows but light blonde hair. I only add this to define the ends of my eyebrows because they look sparse and thin and invisible at the ends (if you understand me :P) so it does a great job at making my eyebrows appear thicker and bolder. The mini brush comes in so much handy too!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by marissa04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Upon seeing this product at the drugstore, I was extremely excited. I had high hopes that this would be an improvement on the Define A Brow, because that product had poor staying power and did not apply evenly on me. Although I love the spooley end, this product was a bit of a letdown. I have tried several colors from the line and they all just seem green-tinged on my brows. Also, this product applied poorly for me; not only was it patchy but it also clumped up in several areas- even with a light hand. What really gets to me is how fast you blow through this product, the constant sharpening wastes a lot of product, but if you don't sharpen it then you can't get a precise line. If this works for someone then by all means stick with it but personally this has just validated my love for the Anastasia Brow Wiz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best DS brow pencil I've ever used. I bought auburn and its a perfect match for me, most brow items are too dark or too rusty colored. For ref I have copper/light auburn hair and warm beige freckles w/ neutral leaning towards yellow skin.
EDIT: I went back to purchase another pencil and noticed they were plastic instead of wood at Target. So now I know what you gals were talking about. I pref the wood pencil, I'll update my review after I try out the plastic pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Lullipy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked this brow pencil. Just the right pigmentation if you're going for a nice natural look. I got it in the Deep Brown color and the shade is so flattering on asian skin and hair. The brush is also really nice and is good for dusting off some product if you have a heavy hand. I don't like how flimsy the caps are and why the pencil had to be in plastic. Whyyyy?! The packaging is the only downside to this product, otherwise it's my HG eyebrow pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So easy to use, defines brows without making them look unnatural. However you need a good brow shape to begin with!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Malela9

I am so sad to see the bad reviews on this product. This is a HG product for me. I am a busy working mom and I can get my brows on in no time with this. I love that the product is waxy, so I kill two birds at one time. You do have to brush the product into your brows and do a bit of clean-up. But, I think that you have to do that with all brow products. Yes, I wish that Maybelline did not put it into a plastic container. But, I do not have any problems sharpening the pencil. If you want a brow pencil that lasts all day and has easy application, give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by palepp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WTF. I think I got like five uses out of this pencil before it was completely gone and utterly unsharpenable. I feel totally jipped.

The only bright side is I quite like the brush end, and use it to apply a tinted brow gel. So I basically keep this empty, dull pencil around for the brush :P

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

OK, usually I'm quite a big fan of Maybelline but I was so disappointed with this eyebrow pencil. The formula of it is wax-like, and it's very difficult to apply to my brows. It goes on with an almost sicky consistency, but it was so hard to get any of the colour out of it!
I gave it a chance to redeem itself, and I gave up after "attempting" to sharpen it! (an impossible task!)
The worst eyebrow pencil I've ever used. (The brush is pointless as well).