November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Bad to the Bronze shade.
I'm saying yes tentatively to repurchasing this product as I've read comments about the shadow drying out quicker than other brands.
The texture is firmer than other cream shadows that I own from Bobbi Brown, Chanel or Estee Lauder so the application is bit trickier. Iíve also had cream shadows from these brands for more than a year and theyíre still going strong. It will be interesting to see how the color tattoo formula holds up.

The color tattoo formula is also rather dry and I definitely need to use a primer beforehand otherwise I can see the shadow pulling on my lids as I apply it.
Once Iíve applied the shadow, it sets quickly and stays put for the day without creasing or caking. The Bad to the Bronze shade is a nice neutral taupey/bronze thatís perfect for an every day look or as a base with other similar shades. I also like to use Audacious Asphalt for a smokey eye look.

If youíre wanting to try out cream shadows and donít want to fork out the money for the high end brands just yet, Maybellineís color tattoos shadows are a good for starters.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kilolillian

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. It's such a pretty color and it works well as a base or on its own. This is my go-to shadow on lazy days. I don't even have to wear a primer (I have oily eye lids), I've even worn this swimming and it stayed on pretty darn well. Also, whenever I wear this, people always tell me that they like my eye makeup! I will definitely be repurchasing this and highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Alaina7410

LOVE this product! I was a little put off when I purchased it and it cost more than my dry shampoo (seriously). However, I tried it this past weekend at an outdoor festival and it was a GORGEOUS color. I had more success blending this color than I did with any other eye shadow I have ever tried and it is now part of my every day eye shadow look! The only downside (outside of how expensive it is) is that I would not call it 24 hour. It did fade by the end of the day but not so bad that I was disappointed with the wear of the product. I had also been out walking in the hot sun and sweating so that could be part of the wear problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by anyasreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have the colour 'On And On Bronze' and I love it! I use it almost everyday. I hope to purchase more of these, these are definitely one of my favourite Maybelline products! The packaging on this product is amazing and it looks very cute. I love all Maybelline products and I'd definitely recommend this product! -Anyasreviews

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I have all of the Colour Tattoos and this is by far my favourite. It works great as a base or as a slight wash of colour all over the lid. Its staying power is incredible and it lasts all day without creasing or smearing anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so I wasn't really going to contribute my opinion on this because I'm sure everything has been said about the color tattoos. But, I had to come on here and report that the swatch that I have on the back of my hand right now, which I usually do to get leftover eyeshadow after application off my finger, is still holding strong from multiple handwashing with soap AND a shower, since this morning! This stuff is magic!

This particular shade in bad to the bronze is great for a super quick one shadow look and it's my go-to when I'm rushing out the door. I get the slightest bit of fading on the edges throughout the day, but like my previous paragraph illustrates, this stuff stays on and on and on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best cream eyeshadow that I have been using so far- specifically this colour. This colour is just absolutely so gorgeous that this is the type that would just go with anything. It has the right amount of shimmer, the mix of bronziness and browness in it is absolutely gorgeous. You may even use just this one colour for a smokey eye. just building up on it onto your eye. Like Just go light on the inner corner then building up on the amount of colour on the outer corner and you're all ready to go. It's completely easy to apply that you need not have to use a brush just to do your eyes. The product is also so pigmented that it is possible to use it as an eyeliner and it doesn't budge at all. Completely waterproof, smudge proof and what not. This defies everything drugstore and it's just completely worth spending on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Awesome brown... Ev1 should have this in their makeup bag or a similar shade. It's a universally flattering light brown shimmer w some fine micro glitter. I adore Creme e/s! This comes in a big container so I will probably end up having this dried out b4 I ever get it used up. US$6-$7 + tax & can get it where ever Maybelline is sold (DS & grocery chains). I wear this with Bouncy Blush & BabyLips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jessicouture

I can't wait to go buy this product in more shades.

I have deep creases in my eyelids and most shadows, especially cream shadows, crease badly on my lids.

I was so very impressed with this shadow! By the end of my work day it was just as I had applied it in the morning. I really put it to the test by leaving it on over night and it was still fine in the morning. Then I went for my morning run and it still hadn't budged! It came off easily with soap and water.

The shade, Bad to the Bronze is a great neutral that can be used day or night. A thinner application for day and build it up at night.

I only got it a couple of days ago so I haven't experienced the drying that others had others had mentioned, but if I do I will try the hair dryer trick that someone suggested.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MsKacey

Ahh, Color Tattoo.. my everyday shadow. I first got this as a Christmas gift after I got the idea to step into the world of cream-ish
shadows and seeing a commercial. this is a highly pigmented eyeshadow, it looks great actually without even priming, if thats your thing. i have worn it with and without primer and there is a difference, i wouldn't even say for better or worse, surprisingly, just different. you can wear one or two swipes across each lid and look great, or pack it on for more of the shimmer and have more of the true color of the shadow. i haven't experienced any creasing, and it honestly lasts all day which is a huge deal for me.

it's very flexible as far as application and you honestly can't go wrong with this one. I have already replaced it once when i was running low and can't wait to try it in different shades!