October 31, 2014 | 1096 users online

BB Cream - Ettusais - Mineral BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatexxCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really love this BB cream! It is my go-to BB cream ever since I bought it. Even though the price was still pretty high it is pretty worth it. The formula is so smooth and I feel like I don't have makeup on but at the same time making my skin look flawless. I have seen this BB cream in a couple of Japanese magazines I bought and they really recommended it. The packaging is also very cute and pretty even though it is kind of small... I will definitely repurchase pretty soon because I'm almost out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love reviewing BB creams because I use them on a daily basis. Ettusias Mineral BB won the Japanese Cosme Award in the Best BB Cream category for 2 years, which is a big deal because Japanese consumers are very hard to keep, they are always trying new products & have high expectations; I was confident about this BB cream although I knew nothing about it before purchasing, just because it has 2 years of trophy title.

Differences between Japanese & Korean BB Cream:
I have many Korean & Japanese BB creams and I find that Japanese ones are typically more lightweight & comfortable to wear than Korean ones, probably due to the local weather differences, Japan has ultra humid summers & this BB cream caters humidity really well.

My Skin:
Combination & acne prone, with yellow undertone, about NC 25, the #1 (it comes in 3 shades) shade evens & brightens me amazingly well.

BB cream properties:
3 shades, fragrance free, SPF 30 PA++, 79% skincare ingredients, 6 moisturizing ingredients.

Performance:
I really enjoy this BB cream, specially how it wears & it's finish , it feels light, it lasts me 4-5 hrs with no primer & powder, it doesn't reduce oil, you don't need to set with power if you are satisfy with it's medium coverage, because it has powder finish, which is fantastic because dry-finish usually last longer & its easier to apply powder blush on top. It doesn't break me out, but I cannot speak for it's skincare effect since I rotate BB cream every few days. Overall I really like this BB cream & wish it would last 1-2 hours longer. However I look forward to try their new version "Mineral White BB Cream".

*My price rating is based on what I paid (2100 Yen, about $25 USD)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kailingggg

I got this in shade 30 for my NC25 skin. It was a close match. Looks really natural as it contains more yellow undertones as compared to Korean BB creams. But unfortunately this BB cream does not last at all. By 12 i already look like an oily mess and needs to touch up. I like that it does not emphasize on my pores and It does even out my skin, but the coverage is not enough for my acne scarring. Price is a little steep but i guess that goes for all BB creams you buy in Singapore.
This product contains Dimethicone, Alcohol.. So stay away if you have sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by kismis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in 30 for my GA LSF5, medium tanned skin which was a good enough match. After blending and spreading (I found it a bit thick), the coverage was good just like foundation and the finish is matte which I like. I set it with Paul & Joe loose powder which has shimmers so that's just about enough radiance for me, I hope.

However, I soon found that the BB cream is drying my skin out in various places, especially around the nose and mouth area. I got dry patches which I had to resort to a range of skincare to help combat, especially since the rest of my skin was still combi-oily.

Hence, will not repurchase this product. I don't think BB cream formulas suit me as they seem to dry me out and give me odd dry patches on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by reggaedelic

New favorite BB Cream! I bought a tube in Japan and tested it out when I got home. I wish I had brought a few more tubes home. I love it!

Weightless texture, glides on effortlessly
Nice light coverage, evens out my skintone and looks completely natural
Comes in 3 shades (the lightest shade 10 worked well with my complexion)
Non-comedogenic
High SPF (30)
No fragrance

There are no negatives really. The cream smells a little sunscreeny, but for all the pros, I can easily live with one minor quibble.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by idiewmil

I like this BB cream because this is very light and doesn't aggravate my acne. However, I would have to give up some coverage in exchange for it's light texture.

It does keep my skin matte, but also tends to slide off my face by mid-day, probably due to Singapore's crazy humid weather. This happens with all liquid foundation and bb creams I have tried so I am not particularly bothered by it.

I'm around NC30 and I'm using their darkest shade, which is a tad too light for me, but I am able to get away with it because it's yellow enough for me. In fact, it is probably the only BB cream that looks decent on me, as other BB creams for darker skin tone tend to be too pink or ashy.

Price wise, it's on the steeper side, but one tube lasts a long way anyway.

Overall, it's a pretty good bb cream that I use on a daily basis. I would recommend it to those with acne-prone/oily skin because of how weightless it feels on my skin, but I probably won't re-purchase though, cause I want to try out their liquid foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by picobot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought this in Japan without any real prior research. I got 10, the "brightening" one. It really does leave a dewy effect on your skin and it feels very lightweight while still having medium coverage. It evens out skintone well but might not be heavy enough to cover harsher acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by cherlene88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite BB cream after trying so many different ones previously. Love the shade (10 i think) and that it stays for the entire day. It's really awesome for lazy days when I just want to slap something on my face and get out of the house.

My oily face doesnt get too oily (i only have to bloat like about 5-6 hours after initial application if i even bloating), it covers redness, darkcircles, has spf and has a light texture. My HG bb cream indeed!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by hslo

This BB cream is an unscented, lightweight cream that comes in three shades, unlike several other BB creams in the market (especially the Korean ones). #10 works well for me, and I really like how lightweight this feels on my skin, as compared to some of the other creams I've tried.

The coverage is medium; it covers up the redness of my skin quite well and reduces the visibility of my pores, but doesn't totally smooth it out. (Note: I'm kind of lazy and don't use any primer.) It does leave a nice dewy look to my skin without the thick, cakey feeling of some of the Korean brands...

I've not tried this with the Mineral BB loose powder yet, but I usually pat on Ettusais' Quick Fix Powder and it lasts for most of the day. For a fuss-free routine, this works pretty well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this as a makeup base though I will use it on it's own on days that I do not need too much coverage. It's kind of sheer but coverage is buildable up to medium, definitely not full but will do.
There's SPF (26++ ??) great for lazy me.
It's slightly on the pink side and the shades are on the lighter side. Oil control is great
Update: my skin has become much less oily with dry patches on the cheeks. The oil control is now a problem as it emphasizes the dry patches.;(