February 28, 2015 | 1258 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Flower Perfection Youth Extension Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Ohlalalaa

God I hate this..
This foundation clings to my dry patches and slides off my oily parts!
Also it lasts about an hour. I don't know what else to say, it's so bad!
I would not recommend to anyone

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by AnBXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great foundation for combination skin, I find: it helps with oily pores while does not highlight dry parts. It is very long lasting. In my thirties, I have some tiny wrinkles too and they look smaller with this foundation (but I always use primers!).

It has medium coverage which can be sheered out into light (using a wet sponge) or built into medium-full (tap on your dark circles). When I use it, I skip concealers or correctors, it does the job. It still looks natural! The best thing about this foundation is that it stays put for the whole day. As I have an oily T-zone, I cannot say about many products that I can use them without setting powder and they would still look good in the evening. This one does not emphasise my pores, neither it does my dry cheeks.

I am not in love with the bottle, but be it.

There are two key troubles about the foundation, though:

(1) The colour range is not great. I am pale with neutral undertones, but rather cool than warm and somewhat greenish (olive). Anybody with such a shade knows how tough it is to find any matching foundation. The shade 52 vanilla does it for me in spring and autumn. However, in winter I need it paler (51 is too orangey on me), in summer I need it darker (I could not find a matching shade either).
If you use other Bourjois foundations, watch out too, the consistency between the names/numbers of shades between their different products is very poor. For example, their 51 can range from very light yellow-undertone (Healthy mixture) to much darker peachy or pinkish shade (Happy light)!
If they had this product in my winter and summer shades too, I would go for it for sure. I prefer it to many high-end products I have tried.

(2) They seem to be disappearing from shelves in shops, and I really hope that does not mean it has been discontinued!

If anybody who loves this foundation reads this: which other foundation works in a similar way for you? Any tips for the pale/neutral-cool/olive skin too? Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupinfatuated

I found out about this product from youtube and beauty bloggers. Initially, I wanted to try out the Bourjois healthy mix serum and foundation but found that it only provided light coverage, and for a girl with a lot of breakouts, scarring, blackheads and large pores I figured that I should probably spend my money on a higher coverage foundation, so after a bit of research I came across the Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation.

The foundation comes in 7 shades in my local drugstore for a cost of 16 euros each. I'm only 17 with an allowance of 50 euros a month, so I was a bit wary to get it because of the slightly high price (although I think that this would be relatively cheap compared to high end foundations), but was desperate for something to cover my horrible skin.

The foundation is quite thick, however not as thick as revlon colorstay, and not as thin as the L'oreal true match foundation. I find the consistency nice enough that I can spread it all over my face, with only a bit of stretching as I rub it into the skin.

It takes a while for the foundation to sink well into the skin and not look like I caked it all over, however the outcome is wonderful. The coverage is high, and I only need two coats of single pumps of the foundation to completely cover my skin. It definitely gives your face an 'I'm wearing foundation!' look, as you can't see your own skin through the foundation, however it does not feel heavy or thick on the skin itself. Sometimes on my walks to school I would ask myself if I had forgotten to put on foundation in the morning, and would have to touch my face to feel if I did.

The foundation rubs off easily even when I set it with powder. On days when I have a cold I would lightly blow my nose and foundation would come off onto the tissue (however I think this happens to 99% of foundations), and in school I would lightly scratch my face and then touch my paper and foundation marks would rub off onto it (tip: you can easily erase the foundation marks on paper using a black eraser, but if you use a white eraser the foundation will spread and make it worse). The foundation does oxidise a shade darker than it's initial shade, so take that into account when choosing your shade.

Overall, I absolutely love this foundation and would repurchase endlessly until I find my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Cuteiswhatiaimfor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my opinion this is a really heavy coverage foundation and i'm actually confused at people saying its medium. Id put it on and my face would literally just be all one colour and id spend ages contouring and highlighting so i didn't look like one of my grandmothers china dolls. I usually get shade 53 when using bourjois healthy mix which i really really love but i wanted something a bit more coverage and went for this except in shade 52. I did like the colour but i have dry skin and this is an extremely drying foundation. so in other words my skin is now dryer than the sahara desert. also i had this foundations over the summer and found it caked alot and went blotchy with my powder if i was sweatin etc with the heat, i dont know if i will purchase this again as i did like the coverage. It may be a good winter foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by cicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never buy this product again... I love packaging and I didn't use a tester after that I got home when I use, it was so dry. I can not blend or apply with sponge.. So sad...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will not buy it again because after wearing it a couple of times, I found out that it some how sits on my pores, make them look bigger.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging is really weird and i hate the sponge thing. I haven't used it(the sponge) and never will. I have their lightes shade and it matches quite well. Doesn't make me brake out which is always a good thing. It's quite good foundation and not too expensive. I think coverage is medium. It's leaves a bit heavy feeling on my skin and if i have a bit dry skin, it makes the dry patches pop out more. Have to powder after few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's an OK foundation.
It gives a nice coverage, nice finish, easy to work with. The packaging is a bit bulky, I've never used the sponge, but whatever. I'm an NC15, and the shade 51 is a good match I think.
Does not last 16 hours, I get oily after 2-3 hours, slides a bit too.
The smell is divine.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by sophienicolexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this foundation I loved it! But for some reason it doesn't look how it used to on my skin. The coverage is okay but not as good as other foundations I've tried. I used a kabuki brush to blend this & I found it very hard to blend which can be annoying. I don't like the finish of this foundation. I'd say this foundation would suit people with oily skin because it has a matte finish. I have dry skin & it looks awful! This foundation has a very small variety of shades, I used the darkest shade & it is too pale for me!! However the packaging is really cute! But I will not be re-purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot praise this foundation enough!
What an absolutely amazing product. I didn't have much success with the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, which saddened me because it had such great reviews. In my experience, I've found Flower Perfection to be far superior. Due to the fact that I'm pale, it's very hard to find a foundation that matches my complexion. However, I was overjoyed to find that shade 51 matches me perfectly! It's quite an expensive product (over 30 dollars in Australia) however I believe it's worth it for such a quality foundation. It hasn't caused me to break out, which does happen occasionally with some foundations. This foundation stays on for hours without need for a touch up. Suitable for oily/combination skin.