Sonia Kashuk Instructional Eye on Neutral Palette

4.2

Talc, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zeolite, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, C12-18 Acid Triglyceride, Sorbic Acid, Synthetic Beeswax, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Carmine, Zinc Oxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake.

on 5/27/2013 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

1st colour on the right is a dream lid colour if you are over 40- your lids but bettter. A cross between apricot, beige and nude, it is a "wake me up color " if ever there was one. Love all these mattes. Has finally allowed me to try mattte colours I dont have in my TFSI Matte Eye kit.I found a matte eye can be defined without being harsh and thats the goal to a prettier look ( at any age).

on 5/5/2013 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I initially bought this based on great reviews from youtube beauty gurus. For a drugstore product, I think the price is on the expensive side. However, I like the shades of brown in this palette. The shadows are soft and there's not much fall out. This is great for work makeup or if you just want a natural look.

on 5/4/2013 8:25:00 AM

I love this I'm a neutral everyday kinda look girl and this does it I also fill in my brows with this it perfect for girls that love browns and love mattes , I feel that this palette is underrated and urban decay is way overrated .

on 4/26/2013 11:03:00 AM

I thought this could be a cheap alternative to the Naked 2 eye pallette, but how wrong I was. The colors in and of themselves are good, but as some reviewers noted, the shadows are extremely dry. I also find them hard to blend.

Also, it always bugs me that Sonia Kashuk's stuff doesn't come with a mirror or any brushes. I know you're "supposed to" buy separate brushes and basically drag a makeup artist's case of supplies around, but I just need a convenient included set of brushes! Anyway, won't be buying this again.

on 4/25/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This palette isn't perfect for everyone, but it sure is for me :). I'll admit there's some shades that feel a little chalky & dry *cough* #4. But for the price & the variety you get, it's phenomenal. I've used it EVERYDAY since I got it last October. I prefer a slightly messy soft smokey eye, & the middle rows make it so easy to blend colors together, #7 is so beautiful as a transition shade & warms up my look just enough. & I don't think I'm gonna be running out of the colors anytime soon. I have officially fallen in love with shades 9 & 12, especially for filling in brows. Idk about you, but I love bringing Disney villain realness to my brows. & the colors are just pigmented enough for me to rock it out. Ok stop reading this review & go get the palette! :D

on 3/16/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This palette comes in a variety of all warm matte neutral shades, ranging from light milky beige, chocolate browns, grey to black. I paid 19.99 $ for it and it's an amazing value for the 12 shadows you get. Great for starters (since it has a make-up guide on how to apply the shadows on the back of the compact with 3 different looks) but also great for professionals since it offers so many colors to play around with. It's really a day to night kinda palette. What I love the most about the palette is hat it's so multi functional which make it great to use as brow liner or eyeliner and also contouring. The colors are very natural and so easy to use.
The texture is slight powdery, but nothing you can't work with and pop even more with the help of a primer. They are fairly pigmented and true to color in the pan. I like that it's not too pigmented, which means you can build the colors more easy.
1 lippy gone due to the powdery texture as I prefer smoother textures such as UD naked.
One rant about the product is the packaging. It comes with a pull out case on the back of the compact where you'll find 3 pages of instructions on how to apply you eye makeup with help of this palette, hence the name "instructional". It's a lovely idea, but for me it's just a waste of space and weight. It would be so slim and pretty without the back plastic sticking out or why not add a mirror in there *LOVE*!!
I do think this is a must have in everyones collection. For the price you can experiment and make so many different looks as much as you want and even afford to buy a new one if this one would ever finish up (DOUBT IT). Now have fun & enjoy girls!

on 1/31/2013 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I do a lot of traveling for work, and decided to buy a second set of makeup and toiletries that would just stay in my rollie bag all the time. During a trip to Target, this palette caught my eye as the perfect neutral palette for travel. The colors looked great, and like I could create a lot of work appropriate looks with it.

On my first business trip with this palette, I liked, but didn't love this kit. If I wrote the review then, I would have given it 3-4 lippies. The shades come off too warm for me (I really wanted a mix of warm and cool neutrals - which is what it looks like in the kit - plus it could really use some shimmer shades), but that is a color selection problem, not a product problem.

However, now that its a short couple months later, I am so over this palette. The shadows have really dried out, they are super powdery now with major fall out and are challenging to blend. Used the kits yesterday and today and think I am going to have to chuck it and get one of the neutral NYX palettes instead.

Soooo disappointing, as I have tried other eyeshadows from this line and have found them to be amazing and still looking great years, not months later.

Sorry to go against the group, but wanted to share my experience.

I heard many great reviews on this eyeshadow palette, but was very skeptical about trying it due to the fact that it cost $19.99 for a drugstore product. I wasn't sure if I would like it or if the product wasn't pigmented enough to satisfy me. However, after reading all the reviews, I decided to give it a try. Boy, was I wrong about this palette! Let me tell you this, I been using the NAKED palette for over a year now, but this palette, honestly, I think is better then the NAKED palette. It is very pigmented and all the shadows blends very well. If you love matte eyeshadows like I do, this palette will be perfect for you. $19.99 for this palette is totally worth every penny. I love the fact that this palette carries all the shadows that I need. From neutral to smokey, it's all in one palette. Try it out. You won't regret.

on 12/29/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't understand why this palette isn't more popular. I love it. I have been using my naked 2 palette for the better part of the last year, but I really wanted something with more matter colors. I was going to grab the Naked basics palette (which is all matte, 6 colors, all neutral and $27) but did a little research and found this. I am so glad I did. I love the colors. I am very very pale, and there are so many options with this palette. I am not a huge fan of the packaging, and the "tutorials" are kinda dumb but oh well. You get twice the shadows, and its more than $7 cheaper. Use an eye primer before applying and you're set.

on 11/14/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this palette after reading reviews here on MA. Love that all shadows are matte and super pigmented and long lasting. What a great deal at $20.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products