April 21, 2014 | 1201 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Fig Jam

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

I tried this one because the MakeupAlley reviewers likened it to Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It's similar to BH but not quite: whereas Black Honey had a currant-red undertone, Fig Jam is more brown-red. Still, it's a nice sheer shade that enhances my lips. I'm not usually an earth-tone girl--most of my lipsticks run on the cool berry/mauve/wine side--but I'm going to keep this one for a change of pace. It's different enough from the colors I usually wear, but not so different that I feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Again, like I wrote for all the other Lip Butters: goes on smooth, feels good, doesn't last long and needs frequent reapplications...but it's a keeper and would repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

Gorgeous packaging but the cap can get messy. I wore this on New Year's Eve and got tons of compliments! It's a very glossy and sticky texture. My cousin had purchased this also except hers came on as a super sheer / light sheen mauve color while mine was a very Glossy, sheer burgundy plum color. Both were labeled fig jam and in the same packaging. Not sure which one was a dud or whether revlon manufactured them differently. The only reason why I would repurchase is because I have tons of deep reds and gloss to replicate this. But other than that its nice ! I have to wear this with liner bc eventually it bleeds

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by ehazelwood

I love everything about this. The texture is lovely - very, very moisturizing. This color reminds me a lot of the Clinique "almost lipstick" in "almost cocoa", which was my favorite color of that product that was discontinued a few years ago. It does look much darker in the tube than it does on, so don't be put off by that. The color/coverage is definitely buildable. One coat gives me a nice sheen and just a hint of brownish-red, and with more coats, it looks almost burgundy on me. You definitely can't beat the price! I will be buying more of these in other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Genvieve

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. Great color (buildable if you want more drama) and texture. It works with almost anything I wear and makes me look more awake. It looks very natural with a tan, but can see this segueing into fall perfectly with richer clothes colors and paler skin. I'm a chapstick/balm addict, so love the moisturizing texture and the fact and the fact that it leaves a natural stained lip as it wears. This is a great basic at a reasonable price. Am always searching for the perfect brownish/red and this comes darn close!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On it's own I don't like it but over WnW 666 liner it's beautiful. I'm going to try this with the other sheer butters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I never would have purchased this by looking at the product in-store. I love the Revlon lip butters I have tried this far, but the way this color appears in the tube, I would have written this one off as being way too dark and severe for me. But after reading the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! It is so beautiful! It does remind me of Clinique Black Honey, but in a much better formula. It is very smooth and moisturizing. You can build it up or just use one swipe of it for a sheerer, more subtle color. Also stays on my lips much better than the Clinique. So far, this and Pink Toffee are my favorites, but I love all of them that I have tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

Love this. One of my HG lippies. Packaging is cute with the coloured quilted cover and silver body. As for the product itself in terms of texture, it is pretty moisturising and has normal wear. Perfectly comfortable on the lips. The colour may look a wee bit insane in the tube but on the lips, WOW. More of a bitten dark red stain (picture the clinique black honey) that gives a sophisticated colour without overpowering the face. What makes this so lovely is also that it allows a lil of your natural lip colour to peek through. Love this when I want a darker lip without going full on vamp (though it does add a tinge of vamp element) Lovely lovely product. Highly recommmended and two thumbs up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by anarchotics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm going to buy multiple backups of this colour, because a future without my Revlon Fig Jam Lip Butter is a bleak one.

First off, the name Fig Jam is absolutely spot on. Even without seeing pictures, you can envision the sensory experience of the product. The 'Jam' gives us an idea of a deep, muted reddish translucence, and the 'Fig' adds a brown tone to that idea. So - this lip butter is an autumn-type browny-red with a maroon undertone. It's beautiful. The colour is highly buildable - one layer leaves a stain on your lips that resembles a healthy flush, it literally looks like you just bit your lips and then licked them - how seductive is that? Two layers intensifies the colour into a polished, formal brick red. It's not loud, or vulgar, or obnoxious, it's very very reserved but magnetic. As a fan of goth music, culture and all things macabre, I'd also like to add that three coats onwards gives you lips that Dr Frank N. Furter would be jealous of.

Secondly, the formula is pretty damn great on this one. I think that the formula of the lip butters fluctuates quite a bit - the lighter colours can be patchy or heavy, but the deeper, more pigmented colours glide on like nobody's business. The deeper colours have a sort of 'stained glass' effect - translucent, but still oh-so-powerful, which I guess that the lighter colours lack because they need white pigments in the formula so that they can be opaque and blank out one's lip's natural pigmentation. The darker colours don't have to be opaque or blank anything out to show up, so they have a better formula.

This is the best. I never used to believe that there could be a product that would suit everyone, but you really can't go wrong with Fig Jam.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really gorgeous reddish brown plum shade. I was really skeptical about purchasing it, but after reading all the rave reviews I had to try it. I must say that it is a purchase that I do not regret.

I love that this buildable. It looks scary and intimidating in the tube but it applies sheer. I like to use it with a nude lip liner for neutral finish or with a plum l/l for a stronger / vampy look.

This appears to be flattering on a variety of skin tones and the price is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This and Pink Truffle are the lip butters I will repurchase for sure! Fig Jam is a reddish plum-brown that always gets me compliments. I love the semi-sheer shine that it gives and it moisturizes my dry lips well. There are absolutely no cons to this product, unless you don't want to reapply every 2-3 hours. It just comes with the nature of the "lip butter" texture.