October 23, 2014 | 1170 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Fig Jam

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This and Candy Apple are the only lip butters I've tried that I really like (the others ones I've tried Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie, Creme Caramel, and Tutti Frutti, and they are all really overhyped in my opinion). As others have commented, this looks really dark in the tube but goes on a nice rich brownish red. It could be compared to Clinique Black Honey. Texture is wonderful - rich but not sticky, shiny but not shimmery, smooth and comfortable.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite colours of the range. It's a brownish red that looks like a deep red on my lips (more of a "mature" look, good for autumn/winter). It glides on smoothly. Not that long-lasting or moisturising, and costs a bit more than what I'm willing to pay for here.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very nice color-it looks scary in the tube, but it applies quite sheer (but can be built up for more color).

It's a warm burgundyish plum...and it looks good on me, and I have red hair. I don't think this is "brown", but it is warm enough to wear if you normally can't wear plums, and it's not so bright that it looks garish.

Applied lightly, it's a nice sheer warm plum MLBB color. I like to add a little more, and it really brightens up my face.

The smell is very faint, and reminds me of MAC lipsticks.

I can wear this as a lip balm, and find it a little moisturizing with great staying power. It feels just the slightest bit sticky, but not enough to complain about.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Holy Moly, I love this lip butter. Lip butters are seriously allowing me to venture into lipstick colors that I would never try. I am more of a nude and pink lipstick woman due to my light complexion. But the sheer-ness of these butters gives me the color payoff of a dark brown without feeling like I am smacking people in the face.

The main reason I purchased this lipstick was as a dupe for Clinique Almost lipstick in Black Honey. I heard so many raving reviews that I was starting to feel left out. This one is more of a brown undertone than the currant one of Black Honey. I like that the lip butter glides on smoothly and leaves a glossy but not sparkly shiny finish. I feel as if I have just eating a fig and gotten some natural coloring on my lips. It makes for more of a natural makeup look than something bold, fashion forward, or sexy.

Overall, I love this lip butter. I got it on BOGO 50% off. So it came out to $6 a lipstick. I will re-purchase this color. Hate the packaging- cute but difficult to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of the Revlon lip butters. As others have noted, these are NOT full coverage lipsticks. I look at them as tinted lip balms. So yes, as with most lip balms, you may have to reapply if you want the full look. I also like these because the color can be built up.

Fig Jam is a great fall color. It's a brickish, brownish, reddish color. It's a good color if you're just beginning to wear darker colors. I really like this color and would definitely buy again. So I'll add this to my favorites of the Revlon Lip Butters. The other nice thing with this line is that everyone should be able to find a color that suits their look. There is a wide variety of colors and they are at a good price point. Often, they can be found on sale, most recently I found these on sale at Meijer for under $4. Can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must admit when I first tried this on yesterday, I was not all that impressed with the color on me nor the color payoff payoff. Then I realized I had to get out of lipstick mode and more in the pigmented more than most lip balm mode and for THAT this is really good. It just may be my MLBB product because this morning when I applied it after all of my other makeup it looks very pretty. I took a lippie off because you do have to reapply often and even though I answered yes to the buy again question, my TRUE answer is 'maybe'.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like the formula of Clinique's almost lipstick, you feel it just sitting on top of your lips. Revlon's formula I love, it really hugs your lips, spreads easily and feels plumping. Fig jam is a translucent brownish brick-red with mauve tone sparkles. It has the same sparkles in it as Pink Truffle and I think that's why I love them both. I only grab colors that have dimension to them, I won't blend a lipgloss, lipliner and lipstick to get the right shade. I also do better with shades that are not just one flat color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

I tried this one because the MakeupAlley reviewers likened it to Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It's similar to BH but not quite: whereas Black Honey had a currant-red undertone, Fig Jam is more brown-red. Still, it's a nice sheer shade that enhances my lips. I'm not usually an earth-tone girl--most of my lipsticks run on the cool berry/mauve/wine side--but I'm going to keep this one for a change of pace. It's different enough from the colors I usually wear, but not so different that I feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Again, like I wrote for all the other Lip Butters: goes on smooth, feels good, doesn't last long and needs frequent reapplications...but it's a keeper and would repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

Gorgeous packaging but the cap can get messy. I wore this on New Year's Eve and got tons of compliments! It's a very glossy and sticky texture. My cousin had purchased this also except hers came on as a super sheer / light sheen mauve color while mine was a very Glossy, sheer burgundy plum color. Both were labeled fig jam and in the same packaging. Not sure which one was a dud or whether revlon manufactured them differently. The only reason why I would repurchase is because I have tons of deep reds and gloss to replicate this. But other than that its nice ! I have to wear this with liner bc eventually it bleeds

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by ehazelwood

I love everything about this. The texture is lovely - very, very moisturizing. This color reminds me a lot of the Clinique "almost lipstick" in "almost cocoa", which was my favorite color of that product that was discontinued a few years ago. It does look much darker in the tube than it does on, so don't be put off by that. The color/coverage is definitely buildable. One coat gives me a nice sheen and just a hint of brownish-red, and with more coats, it looks almost burgundy on me. You definitely can't beat the price! I will be buying more of these in other colors!