Essie Shine of the Times

4.7

on 10/24/2012 3:49:00 PM

a pretty, glittery fall shine

on 10/21/2012 7:21:00 PM

Walked into Harmon and this polish turned my head. Didn't intend to buy polish, but couldn't control myself (thx to other MUA reviewers and my iPhone). Put on OPI DS Classic and layered this polish over it. It blinded me with awesomeness. Super sparkly, gritless, red-orange-green glow. So happy.

I thought this looked so beautiful when I saw it in the store- the polish looked absolutely stunning, with its iridescent green/orange flakes. However, I expected this to be more... even, I guess. Whenever I put this on, it literally just looks like orange glitter flakes; I was hoping it would have more green/blue instead of red/orange. I put it over a navy nail polish, hoping it would look like opals, and I put it over white after the blue just made it look orange... and it disappointed me again. I've tried it over so many colors just because I refused to believe this gorgeous polish wouldn't transfer well to my nails, and not once have I really adored the results. The flakes don't have that color-changing quality they have in the bottle; once on your nails, they really just look like garish orange flakes. Not a big fan. The formula is nice, though- the glitter/flakes are very dense, and it doesn't chip easily, and it's pretty easy to take off (unlike a lot of glitter polishes). Still, I wouldn't recommend it.

on 10/3/2012 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have used this over a variety of essie colors -- over "sew psyched" it gives the effect of dragon skin, or what I assume dragon skin would look like. Using "over the knee" it is reminiscent of an autumnal tree with the cream brown base of OTK and the red, orange, and green flashes of the flakies. The clear base polish is on the thicker side, but it has amazing staying power. I have worn this over "all tied up" for 10 days with minimal wear. (Full disclosure -- my index finger chipped on day 11 because I pried off the back of my phone.) Why this was discontinued, I have no idea. If you run across this in a store or online PURCHASE IT! You will not be disappointed.

on 9/29/2012 9:05:00 PM

Beautiful! its looks amazing and dark navy blue and dark colors. I have yet to try it with lighter shades but i love this!

on 9/16/2012 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this constantly over any polish, and it makes it look so pretty. It's super glittery and shimmery, but smooth. I can't even explain how great this polish is, but it's super pretty and unique looking, it also looks nice on its own. Love.

on 9/10/2012 10:23:00 PM

This is by and far one of my favorite polishes in my collection! My only complaint is that Essie tends to be a bit pricey for my budget and this polish is impossible to find. If I could, I would stockpile this stuff!

Very beautiful flakie that looks great on top of just about any base color! It is absolutely stunning & it is packed with glitter- you don't have to "fish around' with the brush to grab more flakies. Love, love, love this- a MUST HAVE in your collection if you enjoy flakie/glittery style polishes!!

on 8/29/2012 10:25:00 PM

I really love this!! It is one of my all time favorites!! I like to put it on top of black and other dark colors the most.

on 8/23/2012 10:27:00 PM

I am in love! I was looking at nail polish blogs after having bought a few new polishes earlier that day, and I saw frequent mentions to Shine of the Times. I had to run to the store later that night to get some things, and I was looking at the sale rack and what do you know, two bottles of this polish for only $3 each! I snatched up both and will give one to my mom who will love it too.

I am quite new to nail polish... Well, I've been wearing it since I was about 5, but up until recently I never knew how to properly apply it, or wrap the tips, or ever wore a base and top coat. But now I am learning, and even though my polish collection is small, this gem is sure to make any of those colours look gorgeous!

I took off a lippie because Essie tests on animals, and I would love for that not to be the case.

Top Rated Essie Products