October 22, 2014 | 960 users online

Lips - Revlon - Color Burst lip butter - Cotton Candy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this color! I usually never end up liking drug store items unless its mascara or Essie polish, and was pleasantly surprised with the lip butter in cotton candy. It is an adorable shae of light bubble gum pink, goes on smoothly, feels good on the lips. I added a dab of light pink gloss and it made it look even better. Great color, not too light or bright, would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Regan7374

I love this shade. It looks good with my skin tone and it looks very natural on me. It is very smooth on my lips and I definately will be purchasing it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by megancya

I love this color, it looks good with everything. It reminds me of the lip butter form of mac pink nouveau....so beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Faith18

Love it! I have almost used all of it up it's a very pretty color I have to admit when I first went to use it I was kinda worried it was going to be to dark of a pink it's not it's probably one of the best pink lip products I own, I think it would really work for anyone, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by cuteso

I LOVE IT!!! Especially in winter, my lips are dry so it really moisturizes them and gives a pinky glow! I've had a lot of compliments and it's very nice for everyday. I also think that you have to pink the right color for you because not every color goes with everyone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Alright, this was one of my first reviews, so I'll keep it there, but totally change my mind about what I want to say about this. Firstly, I've come to LOVE LOVE LOVE lipsticks in the past year and bought a TON of them. (I used to never wear them and hated them) This was one of my first and really light but the color sucks. I'm so not a pink person idk why I picked this color. Secondly, the formula is bleah. It's kind of moisturizing but it looks weird on. It settles into cracks and is way too shimmery! WHY do I have this!? Idk I'll never wear it. So no, I won't buy these again.

Original review below:
I like the feel of this since I'm pretty much a vaseline-or-bust on my lips kind of girl (I reviewed two other lip products I wear, which are Colour Caresse which is similar and Lip Perfection, which is more thick but too good to pass). I agree with Sparkly about the packaging and though it is kind of too fake pink and a little too white in the base to be perfect. Personally, I feel it's light and definitely makes your lips feel really nice. It is pretty much a tinted moisturizer, which is what I thought it was, but it does have some staying power (not like a real lipstick though). I like that the top has a window in it, so you can sort of see what you are getting. This particular color I picked after looking and guessing and it's the only one I have, so I don't think out of the whole collection it's the best for me, but I love the way the product feels and I would try another variation, maybe one over to be less 'sugary'.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by SparklyBeauty

Cotton Candy is one of my four Revlon Lip Butters (I originally bought "Berry Smoothie," which I love, and went back and bought three more.) I really love the texture of these butters compared to a regular lipstick because they are so moisturizing! All of the colors offered seem to be very wearable.
PROS:
1. I love the packaging of these butters! They are absolutely adorable, with a removable cap that has the Colorstay quilt pattern on the front and back and changes color according to the product. The lipstick twists out.
2. The product stays on for a pretty good amount of time (I got a good 45 minutes the last time I attempted to keep track, with minimal eating and drinking.)
3. Very well pigmented!
CONS:
1. This color is very much a "fake pink"- almost like a Barbie pink-y shade but with more of a slight purple undertone. Just doesn't do it for me.
2. There isn't much in the tube. (This might last you, depending on how often you wear it, anywhere from 3-7 weeks.)
3. After taking the cap off, as you can see in some of the pictures, the butter twists out of a silver tube. After application, the area right under the top of the tube gets dirty and shows excess product.

Overall, for $6.99, I would not go back and buy this color again. However, I am very likely to buy Berry Smoothie again, so it's really just up to your color preference. Hope this helps!
SparklyBeauty

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I really don't see the hype in these. To me, they're not much more than a tinted lip balm. The one I got was fairly light, with some shimmer in it, but I expected a little more coverage than what I got. I have drug store glosses with more pigmentation than that! Plus the one I have feels kind of drying on my lips after wearing it for a while. It can be applied and re-applied like a lip balm, which is nice and convenient, but I just don't get all the hype I guess!
It's not horrible, I'll definitely finish up the Cotton Candy one I have, but I'm not dying to buy them all, or even try another shade honestly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by danavanb

I'm really Inlove with all these lip butters! They can be pricey for being a drugstore product (about 10$ at shoppers) but I can find them for cheaper at local drugstores. These aren't highly pigmented except for a few of the darker shades, but in my opinion they aren't suppose to be super pigmented, it's not a lipstick, just a lip butter. These are super moisturizing. This particular color however, is a sheer one. Best used for day time. If you wear it over a lip liner it would look good for night aswell. The color selection for these is incredible. I own a few but every time I see them I'm tempted to buy more. A great lip butter on Revlon's part. Def gonna buy more. If you haven't tried them, definitely check them out! Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a sheer pale pink shade which looks darker in the tube than it applies to your lips.

I really like this shade for a natural look that evens out the tone on your lips and leaves a little shine.

Moisturising but needs to be reapplied often, great for day and as a gloss over darker lipstick at night.

I would repurchase.