April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Lips - Revlon - Color Burst lip butter - Cotton Candy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Regan7374

I love this shade. It looks good with my skin tone and it looks very natural on me. It is very smooth on my lips and I definately will be purchasing it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by megancya

I love this color, it looks good with everything. It reminds me of the lip butter form of mac pink nouveau....so beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Faith18

Love it! I have almost used all of it up it's a very pretty color I have to admit when I first went to use it I was kinda worried it was going to be to dark of a pink it's not it's probably one of the best pink lip products I own, I think it would really work for anyone, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by cuteso

I LOVE IT!!! Especially in winter, my lips are dry so it really moisturizes them and gives a pinky glow! I've had a lot of compliments and it's very nice for everyday. I also think that you have to pink the right color for you because not every color goes with everyone!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Alright, this was one of my first reviews, so I'll keep it there, but totally change my mind about what I want to say about this. Firstly, I've come to LOVE LOVE LOVE lipsticks in the past year and bought a TON of them. (I used to never wear them and hated them) This was one of my first and really light but the color sucks. I'm so not a pink person idk why I picked this color. Secondly, the formula is bleah. It's kind of moisturizing but it looks weird on. It settles into cracks and is way too shimmery! WHY do I have this!? Idk I'll never wear it. So no, I won't buy these again.

Original review below:
I like the feel of this since I'm pretty much a vaseline-or-bust on my lips kind of girl (I reviewed two other lip products I wear, which are Colour Caresse which is similar and Lip Perfection, which is more thick but too good to pass). I agree with Sparkly about the packaging and though it is kind of too fake pink and a little too white in the base to be perfect. Personally, I feel it's light and definitely makes your lips feel really nice. It is pretty much a tinted moisturizer, which is what I thought it was, but it does have some staying power (not like a real lipstick though). I like that the top has a window in it, so you can sort of see what you are getting. This particular color I picked after looking and guessing and it's the only one I have, so I don't think out of the whole collection it's the best for me, but I love the way the product feels and I would try another variation, maybe one over to be less 'sugary'.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by SparklyBeauty

Cotton Candy is one of my four Revlon Lip Butters (I originally bought "Berry Smoothie," which I love, and went back and bought three more.) I really love the texture of these butters compared to a regular lipstick because they are so moisturizing! All of the colors offered seem to be very wearable.
PROS:
1. I love the packaging of these butters! They are absolutely adorable, with a removable cap that has the Colorstay quilt pattern on the front and back and changes color according to the product. The lipstick twists out.
2. The product stays on for a pretty good amount of time (I got a good 45 minutes the last time I attempted to keep track, with minimal eating and drinking.)
3. Very well pigmented!
CONS:
1. This color is very much a "fake pink"- almost like a Barbie pink-y shade but with more of a slight purple undertone. Just doesn't do it for me.
2. There isn't much in the tube. (This might last you, depending on how often you wear it, anywhere from 3-7 weeks.)
3. After taking the cap off, as you can see in some of the pictures, the butter twists out of a silver tube. After application, the area right under the top of the tube gets dirty and shows excess product.

Overall, for $6.99, I would not go back and buy this color again. However, I am very likely to buy Berry Smoothie again, so it's really just up to your color preference. Hope this helps!
SparklyBeauty

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I really don't see the hype in these. To me, they're not much more than a tinted lip balm. The one I got was fairly light, with some shimmer in it, but I expected a little more coverage than what I got. I have drug store glosses with more pigmentation than that! Plus the one I have feels kind of drying on my lips after wearing it for a while. It can be applied and re-applied like a lip balm, which is nice and convenient, but I just don't get all the hype I guess!
It's not horrible, I'll definitely finish up the Cotton Candy one I have, but I'm not dying to buy them all, or even try another shade honestly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by danavanb

I'm really Inlove with all these lip butters! They can be pricey for being a drugstore product (about 10$ at shoppers) but I can find them for cheaper at local drugstores. These aren't highly pigmented except for a few of the darker shades, but in my opinion they aren't suppose to be super pigmented, it's not a lipstick, just a lip butter. These are super moisturizing. This particular color however, is a sheer one. Best used for day time. If you wear it over a lip liner it would look good for night aswell. The color selection for these is incredible. I own a few but every time I see them I'm tempted to buy more. A great lip butter on Revlon's part. Def gonna buy more. If you haven't tried them, definitely check them out! Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a sheer pale pink shade which looks darker in the tube than it applies to your lips.

I really like this shade for a natural look that evens out the tone on your lips and leaves a little shine.

Moisturising but needs to be reapplied often, great for day and as a gloss over darker lipstick at night.

I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Orin1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one seems it can stand alone on its on. I don't need to use second layers or any additional lipstick to make it look more good plus it looks natural. I love the color!