NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Please let me begin this review by describing the condition of my lips. They are aging. They are dry. They are chapped. They are lined. When I was younger I could wear any color lipstick. Now that I'm older it really is a challenge to find the right shade of color within the spectrum. I need to be incredibly careful when wearing reds. Oranges are just about forbidden. Pinks generally need to be more toward the berry side rather than pale. Believe it or not, it is incredibly hard for me to find that perfect pale or nude color.
That being said, I've been seeing a lot of matte lipstick these days and actually like the look, but I didn't think I could pull it off until I tried this NYX Matte Lipstick in the shade "Shy Timide". I also like the price point. I lined my lips with a natural NYX pencil then colored my lips in with a slightly taupe NYX pencil. Oh..before that I exfoliated my lips.
I applied this matte lipstick and was incredibly happy with the results. Not too brown. Not orangey. Just a really nice nude matte color. Its a great color!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Excellent matte lipstick! Didn't dry out my lips at all. Nice color payoff and great value for the price. I have the colors Alabama and Maison.

I have these in Euro Trash, Whipped Caviar, Tea Rose, Butter, and Maison. I generally wear MAC lipsticks but these are comparable and at a much cheaper price. They glide on smoothly (I apply balm underneath about 10 minutes before I put them on to prep my lips) and the shades are lovely. The colors I listed above are all great for fall and would be flattering on many skin tones. Maison is a bit dark for me but not bad for a 90's type look. Butter washes me out but mixed with Maison it is pretty similar to MAC Styled in Sepia which was LE, which I why I bought those two shades. Tea Rose and Whipped Caviar are lovely berry-mauve shades (Tea Rose is brighter but they are in the same color family), and Euro Trash is a browned mauve. The staying power is so so, about 2-3 hours or so, but I don't mind re-applying. I'd highly recommend these to someone looking for a great matte lipstick, a variety of shades, and a good price point. You can often get them on sale at Ulta for buy one get one half off/free.

I would have to disagree with the majority of the review's I've seen about this product. It looked awful on my lips and I would not recommend using this in the winter time when chapped dry lips are more apparent.

It's matte finish but still moist. Very easy to glide on lips. But I can feel it's a little bit buttery on my lips.
Anyway, I just love the packaging ♥♥♥

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have aria, siren, and merit in these lippies. I had bought then and put them aside since they are all darker fall colors, and now over the past few days I've busted them out for the season. I totally love these! they apply smooth and creamy, and are not drying on my lips! the staying power is pretty excellent. it lasted me 2 mcdonalds cheeseburgers and a 20 minute vape session with no need to touch up after. I have the soft matte lip cream in ever color, and I way prefer these. they apply smoother, last longer, and wear better.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love this lipstick. Has a soft texture on the lips. I bought mine in shade MLS 15.
It's a nice color for an everyday use!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE ALABAMA. PERFECT BURGUNDY RED. YAY.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Very pigmented, smooth, decently-wearing. Make sure your lips are in decent shape if you use this, though, as with most matte lipsticks, if your lips are dry, it won't look great.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

This is a great find. Feels soft on. Colour Nude Daphane is great. It's like a peachy nude. I will let you know soon how it wears.

Recommended for Medium Skin