January 26, 2015 | 1987 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by zeiehoney

I have this in Strawberry Daiquiri, Sierra, Euro Trash, and Whipped Caviar. I especially love Sierra and I usually mix it with one application of Euro Trash. The texture is creamy and thick, which makes a single application generous on your lips. Depends on your lip colour, you may need to apply more than twice to get a full coloured lips (or to let the actual colour show). The thing about any matte lipsticks is that dry/chapped lips are a big no because it'll show and makes application rough and not pretty. Just a little tip: apply vitamin E oil before you go to bed and brush your lips with toothbrush (can be done when you're brushing your teeth in the morning) or lightly scrubbing your lips with towel. Because of this, I need not put any lip balm before lipstick application.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent matte lipstick in its price range. I currently have 4 shades (Euro Trash, Eden, Siren and Alabama) and I intend on buying more, maybe all of them someday.

This lipstick applies like a dream, it's very creamy and goes on opaque and even on the first swipe. The only colour that needed just a bit of building up was Siren, but given it's intensity and darkness, I think it's justifiable. I have found that the darker shades are more drying than the lighter ones, but nothing over the top. I have very dry lips and even after a long day of wearing them, it's not overly uncomfortable. I also have oily skin, especially around the nose and upper lip area and I didn't experience any feathering. However, when I tried layering a lip balm underneath the darkest shade, Siren, I did experience a bit of feathering around the top lip, but it might have been because I use a really heavy balm for my dry lips, and it's nothing a lip liner can't solve anyway.

The packaging is very sleek and not tacky at all. I like how the lipstick colour is visible in the middle, but I noticed that there is a problem with the fact that the lipstick bullet twists up by itself in some of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ToniTate

I bought this in Shockingly Pink and it is shockingly drying. Love the color but ended up adding lip balm which made it no longer matte which also defeats the purpose of a matte lipstick. so nope.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE these lipsticks! They're thick enough to cover over the natural dark red colour of my lips and there's a shade for everyone. The finish is long-lasting and highly pigmented.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I have this in Eden. I thought it was going to be great from the reviews but it kind of fell flat. It looked kind of putty looking or clown looking. I would avoid Eden honestly. Im a big fan of red colors but it was just too fake looking. I would repurchase the lipstick in a different, less vibrant color.

Update 12/20/2014: I bought this in Spirit at Ulta yesterday. Both of these colors seem to really make me not like the Matte Lipsticks. Spirit was extremely dry on the lips and highlighted and created new cracks in the lips. I had exfoliated an hour before applying this and had put on lip balm and liner before applying the lipstick. It was a very chalky look and had little consistency. It felt dry and looked cheap. It didn't have much of a smell. I'm probably going to not buy these lipsticks anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Luv3

I love this matte lipstick formula from NYX. I find this matte lipstick no different with any other higher brand lipstick sometimes better. The texture is smooth and creamy upon application. The color very pigmented so you maybe need only one or two swipe from the lipstick. Usually when applying matte lipstick i would exfoliate properly and put lip conditioner before applying. Staying power in my lips around 4-5 hours without eating then it started to come off and leaving light tint on. For the price, i would buy this lipstick over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by buttercup96

These are absolutely fabulous! I love the pigmentation! Currently own 3 shades and whenever it's time to do my makeup I can't decide which one i love the most. They don't change color while they fade which is a con in a lot of ds lippies and they last a very long time even if you eat or drink. I do recommend you moisturize your lips a little befroehand because it can be a little drying. You can easily transition them into summer with a simple gloss over it and the pigmentation will still be flawless. Over all in love! 9.5/10

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cheap but generally too drying for me. I like a moisturizing matte - is that even possible? Meanwhile you can play and experiment with the colors - as they are super inexpensive - and they do last a long time (the darker reds and berries stain me a bit), but I have to use balm under and over top or my lips are so dry and "papery".

You get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by klow9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While searching for a nice value priced red lipstick for the holidays, I did my research on MUA and planned to pick up Stoplight Red by Wet n Wild at my local grocery store. While there, I met another self-proclaimed "makeup geek" who convinced me to try NYX Alabama instead. She told me the Wet n Wild colors were terribly dry. Alabama looked awfully brickish in color in the tube, but she convinced me that it was extremely wearable and a beautiful color. NOT! It was a dark, brownish toned color, certainly not a suitable choice for this fair skinned blonde. I did like the formula, but it's going back. Luckily my HEB takes back cosmetics, so I'll get my $5.99 back. Next time, I'll heed my own research.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by jadesol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

These are such great colors and the product is excellent. I do put some eos on first because I find the lipsticks are a smudge drying, but that won't stop me from buying more!