March 2, 2015 | 1741 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade ' Alabama' was recommended to me on 'Makeupalley.' It is not the color I thought it was. Based on the website I thought it would be a pale rooiboos color. In real life it resembles ' chilli' by MAC.
The claim to be matte is true. It will last all day,minimally stain cups,and in my opinion just as good as MAC's matte lipsticks. The color is dry though,and it is hard to wash off,so I would not recommend it for daily use,but it's perfect for that special occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 1:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFit

These are the best matte lipsticks, even better than MAC in my opinion. I have it in the shade Maison & I purchased Nude today. They are very pigmented and a true matte, yet they do not dry or make your lips appear chapped. I love them, I'm ordering Siren from the Nyx website since Ulta is sold complete out Nationally and online.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Briana422

I bought this lipstick today in Pure Red and I could not keep myself from writing a review. My first NYX product was a lip cream, I loved it, and I had heard good things about the lipsticks, too, so I had super high hopes for this. I put it on as soon as I could get home to take off what I was already wearing. I am so pleased!

I like the packaging for the most part. The lid is very secure, but that also made me have to tug pretty hard to get it off. My only qualm is that I worry I'll mess up the bullet if my hand slips at the wrong angle. Now onto the good stuff!

I applied it straight from the tube, cleaned up the edges, and added more with a lip brush. I love love LOVE this color. The formula is not drying for me; my lips feel awesome and actually really natural. It hardly feels like I have anything on my lips!

It's been on for a few hours now, and I cannot deny that I look in the mirror every chance I get, because I've not found a red I love as much as this one. I will absolutely be purchasing more colors as soon as possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 10:42:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore these, I personally think they are so hydrating on the lips, glide on and are so comfortable. Some of the BEST matte lipsticks ive ever tried and for the price ($9 CAD) beyond worth the money, and the colour pay off is incredible. Must haves.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Jackpowher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love these lipsticks! They are creamy, pigmented and easy to apply! They are matte but don't dry out your lips like Mac ! There are so many colors to choose from wow! They are long lasting as well. They have no scent which is also great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 9:37:00 PM More reviews by xoxkatieee

I do like the lipstick colors. I have pale pink and nude, but I find them to apply to my lips very patchy. I've read about others having the same problem with the lighter shades. If you want to wear this, I recommend using a good lip balm underneath and a lip liner. I need to try darker shades. Decent lipstick from the drugstore. Wish the paler ones weren't patchy though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in mls01 nude. It is a very nice peachy nude--i love it. Its pretty pigmented. There is not that much lipstick and it may be cheaper than high end but i dont find it that cheap. Its a matte lipstick so its more drying than regular lipsticks. I am not sure how long it will last me but i really lije the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by zeiehoney

I have this in Strawberry Daiquiri, Sierra, Euro Trash, and Whipped Caviar. I especially love Sierra and I usually mix it with one application of Euro Trash. The texture is creamy and thick, which makes a single application generous on your lips. Depends on your lip colour, you may need to apply more than twice to get a full coloured lips (or to let the actual colour show). The thing about any matte lipsticks is that dry/chapped lips are a big no because it'll show and makes application rough and not pretty. Just a little tip: apply vitamin E oil before you go to bed and brush your lips with toothbrush (can be done when you're brushing your teeth in the morning) or lightly scrubbing your lips with towel. Because of this, I need not put any lip balm before lipstick application.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent matte lipstick in its price range. I currently have 4 shades (Euro Trash, Eden, Siren and Alabama) and I intend on buying more, maybe all of them someday.

This lipstick applies like a dream, it's very creamy and goes on opaque and even on the first swipe. The only colour that needed just a bit of building up was Siren, but given it's intensity and darkness, I think it's justifiable. I have found that the darker shades are more drying than the lighter ones, but nothing over the top. I have very dry lips and even after a long day of wearing them, it's not overly uncomfortable. I also have oily skin, especially around the nose and upper lip area and I didn't experience any feathering. However, when I tried layering a lip balm underneath the darkest shade, Siren, I did experience a bit of feathering around the top lip, but it might have been because I use a really heavy balm for my dry lips, and it's nothing a lip liner can't solve anyway.

The packaging is very sleek and not tacky at all. I like how the lipstick colour is visible in the middle, but I noticed that there is a problem with the fact that the lipstick bullet twists up by itself in some of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ToniTate

I bought this in Shockingly Pink and it is shockingly drying. Love the color but ended up adding lip balm which made it no longer matte which also defeats the purpose of a matte lipstick. so nope.