NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

on 3/23/2015 3:17:00 PM

These are very decent, opaquely pigmented matte lipsticks that can be a bit drying, so exfoliate and balm up first and you'll be good to go. I have this in the shade Nude, and I love it. It's a perfect pale peach, not nude at all. I wear this under Bite Syrah or over one of my OCC Lip Tars.

on 3/21/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It has lots of colors! Unfortunately it makes my lips dry, like really dry :(

on 3/19/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love these lipsticks. They're actually some of the cheapest matte lipstick i could find and they're really good for the price! They are very pigmented and not drying. Can be a little hard to apply just right, so i would reccomend using a brush for these :)
I have ''Perfect Red'', ''Merlot'' and ''Bloody Mary''. Perfect Red is a great, deep red colour, and my favorite red lipstick so far because i hate orangy reds but I don't like them to be too dark because of my light skin. Bloody Mary is an amazing, bright pink that's really unique because it can either look more redish or more fuchsia depending on the lighting.
Merlot is a great berry colour that i love so much!

I've got my eyes set on Street Cred next! :)

on 3/18/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the shade Euro Trash which is a medium pink, mauve color. I put a little lip gloss over it and I'm out the door. It's very smooth, applies evenly, great pigmentation and last long too!!

Already went out and purchased another one for safe keeping.

on 3/17/2015 10:53:00 AM

Terrible lipstick. This is the first product I've ever returned. I bought "Nude" which is essentially an ugly orange colour. I can't imagine it suiting any complexion. It was dry and patched up on my lips. As I wore it, colour faded on the outer surface of the lips first, so I looked like I had made some terrible lip pencil error. The texture and quality were equivalent to the Hallowe'en makeup you buy at drug stores. I know it's cheap, but so is Revlon and their Super Lustrous line is superb. Cheap looking packaging as well.

on 3/4/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its not a true matte lipstick, like the name says. I have it in Indie Flick and True Red. True Red is more of a blue red. And Indie Flick is more orange red. It glides on smoothly, and for me, it doesn't dry to a matte finish. It leaves a little sheen on my lips. I love that the packaging gives you a glimpse of the actual color, so you don't have to play guessing games. The lipstick however, is rich in pigmentation. It does work better with a lip liner which NYX carries. It also gives an unpleasant crayon like smell. It doesnt stay on my lips and transfers whenever I kiss my boyfriend(much to his dislike. I usually have to trick him into it.) or touch anything with my lips. It does smudge everywhere so be careful!

on 3/3/2015 2:20:00 PM

I bought the shade Maison and you know, I really loved the color. It was the true brown that I was looking for.

I'm not impressed with this product, though. The lipstick is not very pigmented, so I have to apply heavily. After a short amount of time, it causes my lips to feel dry and uncomfortable. In about an hour it's starting to wear off (maybe because it's uncomfortable and I'm licking my lips and not noticing), and it leaves my lips in worse shape than before I applied. Also the white letters on the black packaging chip away, making it unreadable and trashy-looking. Color good, formula and lasting-power bad. Sorry NYX. My search for the perfect brown continues.

on 2/27/2015 2:09:00 PM

I love matte lipsticks as i think they look much more natural than super shiny, sticky lipglosses or high shine lipsticks.
I really wanted Whipped Caviar but it was sold out so i took Eurotrash instead. Its a really natural nude shade which looks gorgeous on. Doesnt dry out lips. Not sure about the lasting power as i havent used it at work yet but for the price it's a great product. I still really want Whipped Caviar shade but NYX seems a hard brand to get hold of here in Ireland. Love it.

I usually stay away from lipsticks and I find them too heavy for daily wear for me unless I decide to go all-out in my make up routine (lip creams and tinted balms all the way!). But NYX has scored a great formula for their matte lipsticks and I couldn't resist purchasing a few for myself for the future.

The shades Natural and Whipped Caviar are fantastic for somebody of my skin tone (olive with brown hair/eyes). They glide on smooth and dry quick, giving a very consistent appealing matte finish. For those who are money conscious and want a lippie with staying power, NYX has a solid contender.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this I have this in euro-trash amazing, matches my skin and liptone it and au natural look, my NYX holy grail, I'm really definatly on board to get some more at the beauty supply stores

Popular Lipsticks