NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

on 5/17/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Overall, I'm a huge fan of NYX Matte lipsticks. They're affordable but are very good quality lipsticks that come in a huge variety of shades. They tend to stay put pretty well on my lips after I've eaten - slight lightening, but doesn't completely fade or bleed.

Short reviews for each of the shades I own - for reference, my skin tone is NC40-42:

Whipped Caviar: HG lipstick! It is the most gorgeous, MLBB mauve shade. It can be worn casually in the day as well as for the evening. It matches really well with NYX Slim Lip Liner in Mauve. LOVE!

Euro Trash: This color looks peachy on most online swatches, but on me, it comes out as more of a brown. I like it, but it's not a lip color one could wear all the time.

Natural: A vibrant, pink color that's suitable for weekend looks. Slightly too loud to wear to work.

Tea Rose: A pretty rose pink shade that is very close to Natural, but is slightly cooler. Again, this color slightly too loud to wear to work.

on 4/24/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was just too dry looking on me. I found I just need a moist look/feel, maybe because I'm older and makeup that doesn't work is far less forgiving than when you are young. My lippies are for the colors which are pretty...

Have this in "Natural" and love it. It's definitely not a natural lip color tho haha. More like a dark berry pinkish color. Sort of gives you that "Kylie Jenner" lip.

on 3/27/2015 1:16:00 AM

I have this matte lipstick in Tea Rose and I like it very much. It's a lovely, mi-toned rose pink with some beige. It has great color pay-off, decent staying power. Drying somewhat, like most matte lipsticks. I like to put gloss in the center of my lips after blotting to moisten things up a bit and add dimension. Great product in cheap packaging for $6! Will purchase different shades in this formula.

on 3/23/2015 3:17:00 PM

These are very decent, opaquely pigmented matte lipsticks that can be a bit drying, so exfoliate and balm up first and you'll be good to go. I have this in the shade Nude, and I love it. It's a perfect pale peach, not nude at all. I wear this under Bite Syrah or over one of my OCC Lip Tars.

on 3/21/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It has lots of colors! Unfortunately it makes my lips dry, like really dry :(

on 3/19/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love these lipsticks. They're actually some of the cheapest matte lipstick i could find and they're really good for the price! They are very pigmented and not drying. Can be a little hard to apply just right, so i would reccomend using a brush for these :)
I have ''Perfect Red'', ''Merlot'' and ''Bloody Mary''. Perfect Red is a great, deep red colour, and my favorite red lipstick so far because i hate orangy reds but I don't like them to be too dark because of my light skin. Bloody Mary is an amazing, bright pink that's really unique because it can either look more redish or more fuchsia depending on the lighting.
Merlot is a great berry colour that i love so much!

I've got my eyes set on Street Cred next! :)

on 3/17/2015 10:53:00 AM

Terrible lipstick. This is the first product I've ever returned. I bought "Nude" which is essentially an ugly orange colour. I can't imagine it suiting any complexion. It was dry and patched up on my lips. As I wore it, colour faded on the outer surface of the lips first, so I looked like I had made some terrible lip pencil error. The texture and quality were equivalent to the Hallowe'en makeup you buy at drug stores. I know it's cheap, but so is Revlon and their Super Lustrous line is superb. Cheap looking packaging as well.

on 3/4/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its not a true matte lipstick, like the name says. I have it in Indie Flick and True Red. True Red is more of a blue red. And Indie Flick is more orange red. It glides on smoothly, and for me, it doesn't dry to a matte finish. It leaves a little sheen on my lips. I love that the packaging gives you a glimpse of the actual color, so you don't have to play guessing games. The lipstick however, is rich in pigmentation. It does work better with a lip liner which NYX carries. It also gives an unpleasant crayon like smell. It doesnt stay on my lips and transfers whenever I kiss my boyfriend(much to his dislike. I usually have to trick him into it.) or touch anything with my lips. It does smudge everywhere so be careful!

on 3/3/2015 2:20:00 PM

I bought the shade Maison and you know, I really loved the color. It was the true brown that I was looking for.

I'm not impressed with this product, though. The lipstick is not very pigmented, so I have to apply heavily. After a short amount of time, it causes my lips to feel dry and uncomfortable. In about an hour it's starting to wear off (maybe because it's uncomfortable and I'm licking my lips and not noticing), and it leaves my lips in worse shape than before I applied. Also the white letters on the black packaging chip away, making it unreadable and trashy-looking. Color good, formula and lasting-power bad. Sorry NYX. My search for the perfect brown continues.

Recommended for Medium Skin