April 17, 2014 | 971 users online

Lipstick - NYX - NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I was really, really surprised upon trying this -- haven't been repeatedly disappointed by NYX's lip products, but I really like it! I bought it in the colour "Alabama" which is a deep, purplish red...a surprisingly flattering colour with my yellow-ish complexion and bleached hair!

The colour saturation is great, and moreso, I'm very impressed that I ate an entire meal plus a seriously sticky orange and my lipstick remained relatively intact -- to be honest, I only have one other lip colour that will do that, and it was 2x the price of this.

I'm also pretty surprised that it doesn't make my lips look dry, nor does it make them feel dry (which was the kind of experience I had with every other matte lipstick I tried.)

My primary beef with this is that it looks VERY different on the swatches on various places (in Ulta, on the website, etc.) and it even looks really different in the tube than it does on your lips. Though I very rarely wear any kind of red lip colour without a lip liner underneath it, I find that it's a must for this, because it will look a bit smudged around the edges, and by extension, is a bit hard to apply.

But hey -- it's a vampy, matte shade I can wear and not eat off! I don't know if I would buy more, but I certainly like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaGamecockGirl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally I have found the perfect nude lipstick for my skintone....not too dark, not too light, not the same color as my skin tone and I feel it makes my hazel eyes pop. I do wish that it lasted longer but the color is worth reapplying it a few times a day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

? Was I not trying the same lipstick? When I put this on it did not blend in with my lips settled around all the divers in my lips and made any dryness stand out and also mid way through the day it clumped up in a nasty line on my lips. Will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by gaeule

I have high expectations with this lipstick, it's lovely but the lighter shades lack consistency and makes my lips really dry. Quite disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore these lipsticks! It began when my very lovely friend gave me my very first NYX matte lipstick. She gave me the lipstick in "shocking pink" and I was hooked! It is so pigmented and it just glides right on and it has fantastic staying power! I don't find myself needing to apply lip liner because this lipstick really stays in place and doesn't feather or bleed. The colors are so bright and they look wonderful! I also purchased a few on my own in "Pure Red" and "Nude". The red shade is beautiful it's so rich and it looks great. The nude was a little chalky like to me but I think it's because I need to exfoliate my pout and apply a good moisturizing balm prior to using that have because it's light and has a tendency to reveal imperfections so I can't Bash it without actually applying it correctly and give it a fair shot to show its true potential. The product presentation is cute I like it alot. The price is also a plus at only $5.99 a lipstick. Shocking pink is my favorite everyday signature lipstick I really love it. These lipsticks are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by iepurasmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not that easy to find matte lip products at the drug store so I am grateful that NYX has this affordable range. I currently own Whipped Caviar (mauvey pink), Tea Rose (slightly lighter than wc), Sierra (similar to sd but more orangey), Strawberry Daiquiri (peachy pink), and Bloody Mary (vibrant berry red). All of these shades flatter my NC37 skin tone. I love the way these lipsticks wear. They can withstand meals/drinks and will leave a beautiful stain behind. These lipsticks glide on the lips easily and feel pretty creamy. They leave a very subtle matte finish. I can't wait to try out more shades from this range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I have the shade in Audrey and it is beautiful on my semi pigmented lips It's a matte finish and stays on through a small meal. I picked it up at iconic for 3.49 which is awesome for a lipstick of this quality. I heard they have a tendency to melt in the heat or if left in in a car but it's winter now so it should be fine . Overall very happy with it and I want to try other colors in the future

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by gaby14mtz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore the perfect red shade yesterday and it stays on for a long time, doesn't dry out the lips and it's just a very good product. I will definitely try more shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Bellebeauty12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So the other day, I was in the mall, when I came across an NYX kiosk. It took everything in me not to scream,for it was so hard to find nyx products in my area, and now there it was right in the place I go to practically every weekend! I literally ran up to the lady working the kiosk and said "Bless your soul!" But she was really confused and I just swatches away from there. I didn't have much time because I was about to leave the mall , so I only bought two lipsticks, in Tea Rose and Merlott.

These definitely are the best matte lipsticks out there. I have lots of their matte creams, but I was scared to try their matte lipsticks. They do not dry your lips,their nice and creamy, and they last forever! Tea rose is a nice pinky nudish wine almost color? It's so pretty, love it! Merlott goes on like a bold red, but then it turns to a plum, and that's why I bout it. It's a bright red plum, so gorgeous. I want to get the hippie chick one, and the beach something one? As well as the pale pink. Nyx never fails to impress!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by lifnisanders

I love this lipstick, i just purchased Merlot 3 days ago. I tried the tester last month and it was love at the first sight, couldnt be bothered to buy it by then. Im so happy to have it ryt now..its so matte, pigmented and cheap! well just dont forget to apply your lipbalm before wearing any matte lipstick or ur lips will chapped!!