October 24, 2014 | 887 users online

Lipstick - NYX - NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Blueberry1230

After reading a ton of reviews and seeing that fashion blogger Cara Loren wears it often, I bought Pure Red and Indie Flick. I absolutely love them. Super matte and easy to apply. They stay on through meals, etc. Only a little touch up required. I noticed a little dryness toward end of day but nothing too noticeable. This is one of my favorite lipsticks. I recommend google imaging different colors before buying as the reviews and links to fashion and cosmetic blogs help so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by felicitykeir

Love these! I have mine in the shade, hippie chic and summer breeze I think, and the colour is amazing. They don't stay on for more than 3 hours especially if you're eating, but for the price im happy to reapply

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shades I own, in the order I bought them:

Shocking Pink
Perfect Red
Sweet Pink
Aria
Street Cred

These lipsticks are quite creamy, deeply pigmented and have a decent lasting time, at least, longer than most other lipsticks I own. The formula is a bit thicker than other lipsticks I own, and I think that the formula combined with the the dense pigmentation is an unbeatable combination.There is no scent I can discern in these, which is a big plus in my book.

Shocking Pink is exactly that -- a very bright and bold purplish pink. It's fuchsia lightened to the point of POW brightness. In the bullet, it looks nearly identical to Sweet Pink, but Sweet Pink is a more subdued shade that appears more lilac than pink on the lips. So far, Sweet Pink is my favorite. It's a purpley pink shade but not too bold for everyday wear with simple eye makeup.

Perfect Red is a classic blue-toned red. I think Pure Red (which I don't have) is more of a neutral or slightly warm-toned red. This feels thicker (in a good way) than my other red lipsticks and the staying power on this shade is better too.

Aria is a deep berry shade on me. Purplish, but not as purple as the bullet looks. This is my second favorite after Sweet Pink. I love purple lipsticks for fall....winter, spring and summer! Aria looks like blackberry juice against cheesecake, a concentrated drop of red-tinged purple.

Street Cred is not the color I thought it was. It's not raspberry, as described on the Nyx web site, but a bright, warm pink on me-- coral pink as opposed to berry pink, and a bold shade of coral pink. If you like this kind of thing, go for it. I prefer cool-toned shades and so I will be returning this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Hilbean

Consistently some of the most comfortable matte lipsticks I've tried. Always great pigmentation, leaves a moisturized feeling on my lips, and pretty nice staying power as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I have these in Whipped Caviar and Eurotrash - beautiful colors that are on trend now. While I am happy with the color, I am disappointed in the formula. It's not as matte as I would like and feels sort of slick on the lips. I was not thrilled about the longevity either. Oh well, they are still wonderful colors worth investing in!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought the shade 'Aria' from Ulta.com. When I took it out, the packaging felt cheap and it wasn't the same color displayed online. Nevertheless, I opened it and tried it out. It's more of a dark fuchsia-purple than the deep purple they display online. It went on very nicely though, good coverage, soft matte, and still a very pretty purple. The only other problem I had was that when I took it off, it left my lips BRIGHT pink! I will definitely be buying more, but only in store!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by thatpoisonivy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have 3 of the many shades in this product--07 "Alabama", 30 "Aria", and 32 "Siren"; I am a fiend of dark, almost purple and ox blood colors, and Aria and Siren fit those descriptions perfectly! The Alabama shade is your classic matte red lipstick. These lipsticks go on very pigmented and glides easily on prepped, moisturized lips--don't even try a matte lipstick if you haven't either put a lip primer base and/or moisturizer; it WILL cake on your lips. These lipsticks ran for about $5.99 at my local ULTA, and I am excited to try new ones.

The shade I am wearing in the picture is 07 "Alabama".

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This review is for shades 02 Shocking Pink and 06 Summer Breeze.

02 Shocking Pink is more of a mauve-pink, perfect for bold lips, while it is also a very good transitional colour from summer to fall.
06 Summer Breeze is your typical Barbie bubblegum pink (it has blue undertones) colour, and I would say that it is even bolder. It is perfect for summer nights with a simple winged liner.

As far as the consistency and the finish of the lipsticks are concerned, they are completely matte. The mattest lipsticks I have found to be completely honest. Their pigmentation is also great, even though the colour you see on the tube is -of course- different from the colour that comes out on your lips. They are fragrance free and their lasting power is great, though they can be quite drying. BUT what I REALLY don't like about them is that they stain your lips. A lot. Even if you try them on for 2' and then remove them, your lips will already be stained. This is a serious downside for me that has prevented me from wearing these lipsticks as much as I would like. I don't know about the natural/nude shades, but the staining for the 2 shades I posses is just horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by krianne

I have this in Whipped Caviar and it's my first NYX Matte Lipstick. I have to say man oh man I'm so freakin in love with this color and formula of this lipstick! I'm an NC35-ish and this pinky brown nude pulls more pink on my skin and I've been looking for a color like that.. Something not too nude but not too pink and I've really found a great in between. I had to order this from Amazon cause my local Target has a limited supply of colors and I was kinda iffy cause I can't swatch, but I did a lot of research before buying this and trust.. I am NOT disappointed. A deff. HG and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by rosetaylor2

I bought this lipstick in Perfect Red. This is actually my first red lipstick (I tend to go for browns and corals). I've always been so scared to buy red lipstick - I usually look like a clown. However, this lipstick works! It really does! I am trying to get used to such a bold color so i dab it on and then blend it into a dark pinkish red. It glides on a bit tough but that's because the texture is meant to make it stick. And stick it does. Drink an energy drink, brush those teeth. You'll see the shade come off on it a bit but you look at your lips and they are smudge-free. I can't vouch for its long lasting properties yet as yesterday i only wore it for 3 hours. But I can say it stayed on for most of that time (remember I only applied a bit), I would buy again!!!