January 27, 2015 | 1447 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by w4nderlusty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am completely underwhelmed with this palette.

Part of this is my fault: I should have bought N1 or maybe even N3 as Im definitely not a cool-toned person, but I thought the mattes were nicer in N2 even though there are only three. I thought N1 was a lot shinier than N2 -- but you know? I was wrong: they're all pretty dang shiny, and while they look great in the palette (or even swatched on my wrist) on my eyes they look reaaaaaaaaallly glittery.

Part of this is UD's fault: of the colours I do like, and use, the fallout is pretty intense. I use Half-baked and Booty Call pretty regularly, and within a few hours my cheeks are freckled with glitter. And that's another thing: even with UD primer, within a few hours (today it was two) it looks like Im not wearing anything at all.

Since I used my Shoppers Optimum Points to pay for this palette, Im not too upset that I don't like it as I do like one or two colours, and can use them with other palettes. Had I paid with my hard earned dollars it would have been exchanged the very same day for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Amberwren98

Just got it and love it!! Definitely going to buy again when if runs out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by SororityGirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the colors in this palette, and the pigmentation the colors give. I prefer the original Naked palette to this one. This palette has too many sparkle eyeshadows and not enough mattes for me, that's the only reason I would not buy this palette again. I don't use it enough to spend that money on something I only use once in a while. I would rather buy a palette with more matte shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Weerosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I owned the naked palette one first and rushed out to buy the second one when it came out but I felt disappointed. The tin that it came in feels cheap. The colours themselves are similar to the ones on the first palette but more matte colours.
Very neutral.
A great brush however, one side for application, the other for blending. My most favourite bit of this by far.
I gave this palette away to my sister. It was just a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by laurawilliams94

This eyeshadow is a must have! These are really good colours for either more of a natural look or for dramatic eyes on a night out. It lasts ages on the eyes, especially if you prime before. The price is slightly expensive but definitely worth it as this product lasts for such a long time. Would recommend this to everyone

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cool skin toned people unite! If you have cool toned skin you are likely going to really like this palette. It can be tricky to find a palette with tones that really compliments those of us with cool toned skin.

I finally started hitting pan on this palette, and thought it was time to write a review.

I do have a love/hate relationship with this palette.
LOVE:
• The range of colors is great. You can easily create a wide rage of day and evening looks, and everything works so well together. The color range is lovely for those of use with cool toned skin. I will re-purchase just because of teh nice selection of cooler toned colors.
• minimal creasing
• easy to blend and apply

HATE:
• Holy fallout, lots of fallout on some shades
• Glitter! Chopper is a crap color if you are somewhat upward in years like me. Being in my 30's anything with such huge chunks of glitter makes me feel like a clown.
• Not enough mattes. Almost the entire palette is shimmer shades. I prefer more matte looks, especially for work, and this palette doesn't have that option, unless you get one of the add-ons like naked basics
• The brush that comes with it is absolute rubbish. Throw this away immediately. Even in a pinch, it is awful. One end eats up product and doesn't apply evenly, the other end is too long and makes a hot mess when blending. I am not sure why they wouldn't put a better quality brush in the palette, especially at this price point!
• packaging quality: ugh, about 5 months in, some of my shades started popping out of the package. It isn't a big deal to put them back in, but it created quite a mess in the palette, with some of the colors spilling onto other shades. It never left my makeup station, just lightly used.
• a few of the shades are very chalky, and don't apply or blend very well.

If I had to choose only one palette, it will always be my Lorac pro. I prefer the buttery soft texture and ease of blending that comes with Lorac palettes. But the naked2 palette has a great range of colors, and works really well with my skin tone. It is a re-purchase for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

First of all, i am an NC25 and after reading reviews online, it is sugggested that i get the original naked instead of the NAKED2 as according to most of the reviews the original NAKED is more suitable for warmer skin tones.
i bought the NAKED, and HATED it. the colors can look too muddy, even on my not so fair skin.
i decided to buy the NAKED2 out of curiosity and to my surprise am aboslutely lovin it.
my favorite colors are YDK,busted, and snakebite, and bootycall, the last one being the best highlight color for my skintone..it is very warm and yellowish, which looks really natural on yellow skin.
so to all NC25 ladies out there, dont buy into the myth that NAKED2 is only suitable for cooler skin tones because i believe it is absolutely beautiful on ALL skin color.
the only downside, however, is the major fallout with shades like YDK, which is such a shame as its a really beautiful color, nothing a piece of tissue/paper/tape cant fix tho.
if it hadnt been for the fall outs i would've totally given this palette 5 lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I ended up repurchasing this palette after I sold/practically gave away my first palette when I was moving. My reasoning at the time was that as a collector of palettes, especially neutral types; this one felt extraneous. I also felt like it was too metallic and washing me out. Naturally as a makeup hoarder I ended up regretting rendering my Naked collection incomplete and started researching and watching tutorials on the Naked 2 before deciding to repurchase with my Sephora VIB $20 discount gift card. So at least I didn't have to spend the ridiculous 54 dollars on this. Now I wish I had worked with it more because so far I am really appreciating this palette now. I have light olive skin with cool undertones, brown eyes and my natural brown hair with a tinge of red, and compared to all my warmer neutrals this is a refreshing and flattering cooler toned palette for me.

Mini personal story aside, this palette is quite nice in terms of quality, color selection/uniqueness and packaging. The shadows are very pigmented, easy to blend and apply. As Urban Decay shadows go there is fall out when initially applying but not throughout the day.I really prefer the tin style case that snaps shut rather than the Naked 1's cardboard and felt packaging.

Despite complimenting this palette's color selection, I did decide to give this a 4/5 rating partially because some colors are not much my cup of tea; nor did I feel they fit the greige and taupe theme that Urban Decay was going for. The first would be Half-Baked, a repeat from the first Naked. I can't really wear yellowy golds so I wasn't pleased to see it appear a second time. I only wear it in the first palette if I pair it with Gunmetal.The other color I'm not thrilled about is Chopper. I would like this rosy light bronze shade in theory except it simply looks orangey on my skintone. If I want rose-golds I go to the Naked 3. Also, I don't use matte black very often. I wish they had put a cool-toned dark brown in Blackout's place. Then I could use it lightly in the crease and as a liner. When I use Blackout now to darken my crease I feel it starts to make my eyeshadow take on too much of a charcoal grey look. I do use it as eyeliner if I'm in a hurry so it isn't completely useless. The other reason this received a 4 rating is because the price keeps increasing. It is currently 54 dollars, when I first bought it 3 years ago it was 50 dollars. Too Faced's Chocolate Bar is $49, and Lorac's Pro is still at $42, and I consider the quality of those brands to be pretty close to Urban Decay's.

Negatives out of the way, the rest of the colors are pretty, work well together and are surprisingly still unique in my neutrals collection. I finally figured out how to work with this palette's metallic lighter shades, and now they look pretty and don't wash me out. So far I have been pairing Verve with Busted, Suspect with SnakeBite, Bootycall with Pistol, and YDK with Busted. For all these looks I tend to use Tease in the crease, the lighter color on the lid, the darkest color to darken the crease and lining under my eyes, and Foxy and BootyCall to highlight. I try to keep my eye makeup relatively simple because I don't have time nor do I feel it is necessary to use 3 shades on the lid with another 4 in the crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The eye-shadow is high quality, pigmented and blends beautifully.

If you are into Browns then it has everything for a complete look: included are great base color: Foxy(warm), Matte crease color, and inner corner color(Booty Call). Plus 2 sided Brush and 4 primer samples. Many shimmery neutral color options for a Glamorous night look.

The shades are beautiful my faves: Gold (Half Baked), YDK Pinkish Brown, Snake Bite (light shimmery brown).

My only issue with this palette is that most of the colors are shimmery and a bit on the dark side, so it's more of a night time look palette than an everyday pallet. But you can achieve numerous glamorous looks with this. Just too much for everyday use. Still great quality.

My skin is med-light maybe it would be more everyday for some one with a deeper complexion. I prefer the Naked3.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

This was my first large palette and Urban Decay and I was not disappointed. I didn't really experiment with eyeshadow until I got this, I used to just stick to grey, silver and black. Now I experiment every day, I have the Naked 1 and the Naked basics 2 and I wouldn't use another brand now, they are gorgeous.
The texture of them are so soft and easy to blend.. I'm not the most skilled eye makeup applier but I do a great job with these.
I don't rate the brush but I never do like the applicators that you get in makeup sets, no matter what the price. I use my trusty Real Techniques base shadow brush and a Mac 217 and find that it is a perfect partnership.
I have only just purchased Naked 1 so I can't really compare the 2 yet but the colours look beautiful in all 3 sets..I'm not sure that I will get Naked 3 because it looks too pink for me.
It seems pricey at £37 but the 12 shadows last forever and the packaging is both fancy and practical.
I can't recommend this palette enough, it's great!