MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

4.3

WaterTitanium Dioxide Panax Ginseng Root ExtractEthylhexyl MethoxycinnamateCyclopentasiloxaneDipropylene GlycolButylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate DimethiconeCetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 DimethiconePhenyl TrimethiconeArbutin CyclohexasiloxaneZinc Oxide Sodium HyaluronateCalcium StearateEthylhexyl SalicylateMagnesium SulfateSorbitan SesquioleateDiisostearyl MalateTalcIron OxidesBeeswaxIron OxidesPhenoxyethanolTocopheryl AcetateButylparaben Cordyceps Sinensis Extract Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract Disteardimonium Hectorite FragranceHouttuynia Cordata Extract HydroxyethylcelluloseMethylparabenPropylparabenTriethoxycaprylylsilaneDimethicone/Methicone CopolymerPropylene Carbonate AdenosineAsparagus Lucidus Root Extract Laminaria Japonica ExtractTussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract Bacillus/Soybean Ferment ExtractBletilla Striata Root Extract Echinacea Purpurea Extract Perilla Ocymoides Leaf ExtractCynanchum Wifordi Root Extract Lycium Chinense Root ExtractPolygonum Multiflorum Root Extract Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb ExtractAsparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract Astragalus Membranaceus Root ExtractCnidium Officinale Root ExtractCoptis Chinensis Root Extract Ginkgo Biloba Nut ExtractGlycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root ExtractMorus Alba Bark Extract Ophiopogon Japonicus Root ExtractOryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract Poria Cocos ExtractSchizandra Chinensis Fruit ExtractSilicaTerminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this stuff. Easily my favorite BB cream of the moment. I like it a lot better for my dry skin than the Signature Real Complete, as I find the coverage a bit lighter and therefore less likely to stick to my dry patches. Staying power is pretty fab, BUT: unless I'm going for a super-dewy look I've started adding a little bit of powder on my cheeks to keep my cream blush from fading through the day, as this BB kind of "eats" it, haha. Higher SPF = bonus! Color is perfect for my NW10-15 winter skin, too.

Also, it smells really nice :) All in all, will repurchase this instead of the Signature or the altogether-too-much-for-me Perfect Cover.

Unlike skin79 bb creams, this gives high coverage and it feels moisturizing when I apply it on my face. However, it gets all caked up after an hour.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Skin Type: Asian - Oily with dry patches, also sensitive.

Prior to using BB Creams, I tried liquid fountains which always looked too cakey; and compact and powder foundations that left me looking patchy. I've used Missha M Signature Real Complete, which I really liked. But ever since I started using Missha Cho Bo Yang, I don't think I'll ever go back.

The Cho Bo Yang BB Cream comes in a convenient squeeze tube, which I prefer over M Signature Real Complete's pump. It has a slight scent, which I really like despite not normally liking perfumes in my cosmetic. The consistency is a big thicker than M Signature Real Complete, and it provides heavier coverage. When it smooth it on, it has a light cooling effect (kind of like water) which feels nice against your skin. It blends really well and does not leave any dry spots. I use this on top of a primer.

I do not have any acne or acne scars, but I have uneven skin tone with redness and freckles everywhere. Although it is not heavy enough to completely hide all my freckles, it smooths out all of my redness and uneven-ness. It really does not feel like I have makeup after applying it all over my face. I use Shade 1, which looks very natural and matches my skin better than the M Signature Real Complete 21.

This is the best bb cream I've ever tried, I use it everyday for about 1 year so I know what I'm talking about. It perfecetly covers all your imperfections, unite your skin and it looks so naturally! I can't say anything bad about this product, because it is simply perfect, I'll probably use is till I die haha. I have combination skin and it works on me amazingly (of course with powder). So go and buy it, cause you are not gonna regret it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK. So I'll just jump straight into it! I'm sure many would not want a wishy-washy long review, right?

CONS:
- Limited shades (2 SHADES ONLY!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) Oh, btw, the darkest shade was too light for me! Not that i have dark skin colour (typical Asian skin tone) and thus it casted a grey-ish sort of glow on me (NOT in a good way).

- Light coverage (I have acne and MANY acne scars) and this did not cover those up AT ALL. Except some REALLY faded scars. So if you are looking for a medium to full coverage BB cream, this product is NOT for you.

- Price was kinda steep. Purchased this on sale at one of their outlets at around S$40 ish dollars? Will be willing to fork out that amount if the product was actually good

-Makeup came off DESPITE primer and setting powder (lasted around 4-5 hours)

PROS:
- Did not break me out or irritate me skin (WOOHOO!)

- I dont know about others but I'm KINDA liking the smell of this BB cream. Even though i usually like me face products fragrance free.

Overall, I think it is a pretty decent product though not suited for my problematic skin. Though I will not repurchase this

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i bought this because i saw how well it was rated among fellow acne-prone persons and sure enough it's the first thing i've found in my 23 years that doesn't make me break out. unless i don't wash it off at night, so that's to be expected. i thin it out with lotion to make it last.

I've been obsessed with finding the perfect foundation for quite some time. I thought I'd found it when I discovered Armani silk foundation in 4.5. Nope. This is the best I've used. The calm beige color is perfect for my skin, the coverage is great--but give it a minute to sink in. The price is much better than the $65 for Armani, I paid about $17 on amazon. NIce texture too and doesn't ever look mask-like with such good coverage. I haven't noticed any miraculous change in my skin, but just as a foundation it's pretty great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I waited a couple months before I wrote this review just to make sure - but this is my favourite BB cream out in the market :D

I've tried quite a few - especially the Asian BB creams (from Dr G, to BRTC, to Estee Lauder, Skin79 etc) and I absolutely love this one!

I have NC25/C3.5 skin for reference and No 2 Calm Beige is a good match for my skintone (the best I've ever found in terms of BB creams), moreso in the cooler months. When I start to tan I use a darker setting powder to offset any paleness.

It has a medium-full coverage (depending on how you layer it) and really covers all my redness, blemishes and scarring (I don't have a lot of this but I find it really smooths everything out). It has quite a thick matte consistency which is also good for my combination skin. I set this with powder and it looks really natural on.

A problem that I've had with other BB creams is that they tend to oxidise and leave a grey cast. I haven't had this problem really at all with this - which is fantastic!

My old HG BB cream is Missha Signature Real Complete which I used to love - I alternate between the two but I find myself reaching for this one a lot more.

EDIT July 2014: after over 1 year of use I still love this BB cream but I do find it that it does get a bit ashy by the end of the day. I find myself reaching for my Missha Signature Real Complete a lot more if I feel like using a BB cream I have downgraded one lippy because of this

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm NC 25 and I have this in Shade 1. It suits my yellow asian skintone well when I apply it VERY thinly. Putting on a lot would make you look ghostly and grey. And even with a very thin application, it covers my pimple scars and blemishes pretty well. Still have to put concealer on my undereyes though. It leaves a satin finish on me and my skin is combination oily. Descent wearability during the day too. But what catches my attention in this Bb cream is that after I remove all of my makeup at the end if the day, I can really see that my skin is visibly brighter and glowing. And this is just after my ponds cold cream. The brightness doesn't go away even after I wash my face with clarisonic then toner and moisturizer. This effect only happens when I use this and never on my other foundations nor other bb creams (Bobbi brown and Kiehl's). Im sure of it cause i put it on rotation with the others and i can really see the difference with this. Amazing.

This is the best of Missha's BB creams in my opinion. More SPF and better coverage than the others. Missha says this BB is best for aging/dry skin but I disagree. I've got combi/ oily skin with light acne and light hyper pigmentation. This BB covers well but not perfectly. I use a concealer on top and setting powder. I've been using this BB regularly for 8 months and haven't even finished up half. Not too expensive compared to dept store foundations. 4 stars because this make up tends to rub off during the day. Maybe I'm too oily? But the lasting power doesn't always make me happy. I live in Korea and recommend Missha products. Love Missha's nail polishes if you can pick some up.