April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lakshmispirit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best of Missha's BB creams in my opinion. More SPF and better coverage than the others. Missha says this BB is best for aging/dry skin but I disagree. I've got combi/ oily skin with light acne and light hyper pigmentation. This BB covers well but not perfectly. I use a concealer on top and setting powder. I've been using this BB regularly for 8 months and haven't even finished up half. Not too expensive compared to dept store foundations. 4 stars because this make up tends to rub off during the day. Maybe I'm too oily? But the lasting power doesn't always make me happy. I live in Korea and recommend Missha products. Love Missha's nail polishes if you can pick some up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is pretty close to a match for me. The shade works for me - it may be a tinge light, but nothing very noticeable. The texture is good for my dry skin, it's actually semi-moisturizing and provides a good base for powders that I like but that used alone would look cakey. It doesn't irritate my skin in any way, and I actually wonder if it might be beneficial to skin. I wore this for the first time at night for about six hours, and the next morning I was told my bare skin looked very clear and even.

The packaging - tube and box - is lovely. Probably my favorite BB cream packaging yet, and that's saying something.

It has medium-to-full coverage. One layer probably covers about 65% of my redness and lightened acne spots. Two covers around 85%.

My main issue with this is the finish, which I would describe as....a bit shiny. On some women, I actually think this would give a pleasant glowing effect, but on me? I feel like my skin looks slightly oily. It looks really nice with a thin layer of powder over it - I use Alima Satin Matte Foundation and it covers the excess shine while leaving a bit of the "glow".

Overall, I don't love it enough to call it HG, but I certainly would not mind looking for this if I fail at finding something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by minmy13

I have been using this BB cream for almost 1 year as heard so many raved reviews on Missha bb cream. However, there are not many reviews on Cho Bo Yang one.I still decided to give it a try due to its non-comedogenic claim ( feel safe when using that).
- Packaging : is quiet hygenic and travel-friendly
- Texture: i have to say the texture is creamy and a bit thick. Yet it blends easily and feel quiet hydrated. Definitely a little goes a long way, there is still more than half of bottle left even though i have been using it for quiet long time.
- It doesnt break me out which is a very good point. My skin is sensitive, combination and prone to break out. In summer, my skin tends to be in oily side and this BB doesnt help to control oiliness but doesnt make my skin shiny neither. The product claims about whitening and anti-wrinkle properties but i dont really believe in that.
- The price : is quiet high compared to other BB cream brands in Korea. I bought it at 46SGD and got 20 % discount at that time.
Overall, if there is sale on this product, i would like to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Devi83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG! I've tried a few bb creams in search for one that was just right, & I think this one is it! I got this in the lightest shade & it's a very good match for my fair, yellow toned skin. It has a slightly herbal smell that I think is lovely, but not overpowering. The texture is very thick, but it blends very easily & has excellent pigmentation. It dries to a beautiful dewey finish, without looking greasy or oily. It stays all day when set with a powder, & it takes very little product to make my skin look flawless. I love this & will purchase again & again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Pristina

Colour: extremely grey. A little too light for my NC20 skin
Coverage: full coverage. Covers up all redness and most acne and scars. Still requires concealer on darker blemishes.
Finish: Very matte. The grey cast provides a flat, mask-like finish and due to the full coverage, you definitely need some blush to add some colour back into your face
Lasting power/oil control: Oil control is low. Nose gets oily within an hour, maybe two if I'm lucky, cheeks oily after 2-3 hours. This then makes the BB cream separate a little and becomes patchy; not a good look.
Packaging: a lot cuter than what it looks like in pictures. Squeeze bottle is a plus, however, you can't see how much product is left
I think this product may have caused some breakouts. Not 100% sure, but not willing to try it again to see

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by michellemercier44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a little yellowish for my skin and thick! I do expect bb cream to cover slightly, but not "foundation" coverage by any means, this one is thick, it blends, but is much much thicker than other bb creams. So if you are looking for something blend fast and go with beautiful skin, this is not the one, this one is more like a foundation with moisturizing qualities

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this for my mom since it was recommended for older generations? However, when I ran out of mine, I gave this one a try and the coverage was amazing. The formula is very creamy as well. It is a little more on the grey side so people who don't like that may want to stay away from this. However, for me it was great and I had to get one for myself ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product off mynameiskorean.com for about $28USD with a $5 shipping and I live in Canada. I read all the good reviews on here and decided to try this product out. This is my first MISSHA product because the Signature BB cream didn't get as high of reviews. I'm Chinese and am around an NC30-35. I bought this is shade No. 2 Natural Beige and the color matches me well. I actually like the packaging and the tube spout is thinner than most tube spouts. I can squirt a good amount out as sometimes, with different BB creams and different textures, sometimes you need more than others. I don't need to use too much with this one as a little goes a long way. The texture is smooth and a little thick which is good for coverage and smoothing it out on the face. I squirt some onto my finger and then dot it evenly on my index, middle and ring fingers (both hands) and distribute it by dotting around my face and then patting it in so it provides a more even coverage. My skin has not reacted to this BB cream and I don't notice any smell, at least that didn't throw me off. Unfortunately, I don't think this BB cream has any English written on it so you need to find a website that tells you which shade you're buying and remember which shade you bought. I wrote mine on a sticky note and also can refer to emails. Overall, I would repurchase this BB cream if I ran out providing I don't go out and try other BB creams (which probably won't happen ;))

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by SoSleepy

I really love the texture and coverage of this BB cream. It's thicker than most and gives a good medium-full coverage. It's honestly covers better than my Almay Skin Clearing foundation! I have the #2 color and it matches me pretty well (not sure what MAC color I am but sand beige in Almay and warm sand in Bobbi Brown Skin). I do wish it were a little more on the yellow side.
If I wear it several days in a row, I will break out a little but nothing catastrophic. My skin honestly hates most liquid or cream foundations.
I'd say the staying power is better than most BB creams or tinted moisturizers but not quite on par with an oil-controlling foundation.
Overall, it's currently my favorite BB and I'll continue to purchase until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by viivijw

I have only tried couple BB Creams (this one, Missha M Perfect Cover and Skin79 Pink) and this is my favorite one of them. I Have a lot to cover on my face and I also have oily skin and this bb cream has the best coverage from the ones that I have tried. It also makes my skin more matte looking with this bb cream than with the others I've tried but it still looks natural. I got the shade 2# and at first it looks pretty grey but once I've blended it on to my skin it's just the right color! It also stays on the whole day. Only cons are that my skin does get oily during the day so I have to plot my face but it happens with all the foundations and bb creams that I've tried. And other con is that it has a strong scent. But all in all I really like this BB Cream and I will definitely repurchase this!