July 30, 2014 | 1027 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by clairestrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been obsessed with finding the perfect foundation for quite some time. I thought I'd found it when I discovered Armani silk foundation in 4.5. Nope. This is the best I've used. The calm beige color is perfect for my skin, the coverage is great--but give it a minute to sink in. The price is much better than the $65 for Armani, I paid about $17 on amazon. NIce texture too and doesn't ever look mask-like with such good coverage. I haven't noticed any miraculous change in my skin, but just as a foundation it's pretty great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I waited a couple months before I wrote this review just to make sure - but this is my favourite BB cream out in the market :D

I've tried quite a few - especially the Asian BB creams (from Dr G, to BRTC, to Estee Lauder, Skin79 etc) and I absolutely love this one!

I have NC25/C3.5 skin for reference and No 2 Calm Beige is a good match for my skintone (the best I've ever found in terms of BB creams), moreso in the cooler months. When I start to tan I use a darker setting powder to offset any paleness.

It has a medium-full coverage (depending on how you layer it) and really covers all my redness, blemishes and scarring (I don't have a lot of this but I find it really smooths everything out). It has quite a thick matte consistency which is also good for my combination skin. I set this with powder and it looks really natural on.

A problem that I've had with other BB creams is that they tend to oxidise and leave a grey cast. I haven't had this problem really at all with this - which is fantastic!

My old HG BB cream is Missha Signature Real Complete which I used to love - I alternate between the two but I find myself reaching for this one a lot more.

EDIT July 2014: after over 1 year of use I still love this BB cream but I do find it that it does get a bit ashy by the end of the day. I find myself reaching for my Missha Signature Real Complete a lot more if I feel like using a BB cream I have downgraded one lippy because of this

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jacrodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC 25 and I have this in Shade 1. It suits my yellow asian skintone well when I apply it VERY thinly. Putting on a lot would make you look ghostly and grey. And even with a very thin application, it covers my pimple scars and blemishes pretty well. Still have to put concealer on my undereyes though. It leaves a satin finish on me and my skin is combination oily. Descent wearability during the day too. But what catches my attention in this Bb cream is that after I remove all of my makeup at the end if the day, I can really see that my skin is visibly brighter and glowing. And this is just after my ponds cold cream. The brightness doesn't go away even after I wash my face with clarisonic then toner and moisturizer. This effect only happens when I use this and never on my other foundations nor other bb creams (Bobbi brown and Kiehl's). Im sure of it cause i put it on rotation with the others and i can really see the difference with this. Amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lakshmispirit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best of Missha's BB creams in my opinion. More SPF and better coverage than the others. Missha says this BB is best for aging/dry skin but I disagree. I've got combi/ oily skin with light acne and light hyper pigmentation. This BB covers well but not perfectly. I use a concealer on top and setting powder. I've been using this BB regularly for 8 months and haven't even finished up half. Not too expensive compared to dept store foundations. 4 stars because this make up tends to rub off during the day. Maybe I'm too oily? But the lasting power doesn't always make me happy. I live in Korea and recommend Missha products. Love Missha's nail polishes if you can pick some up.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is pretty close to a match for me. The shade works for me - it may be a tinge light, but nothing very noticeable. The texture is good for my dry skin, it's actually semi-moisturizing and provides a good base for powders that I like but that used alone would look cakey. It doesn't irritate my skin in any way, and I actually wonder if it might be beneficial to skin. I wore this for the first time at night for about six hours, and the next morning I was told my bare skin looked very clear and even.

The packaging - tube and box - is lovely. Probably my favorite BB cream packaging yet, and that's saying something.

It has medium-to-full coverage. One layer probably covers about 65% of my redness and lightened acne spots. Two covers around 85%.

My main issue with this is the finish, which I would describe as....a bit shiny. On some women, I actually think this would give a pleasant glowing effect, but on me? I feel like my skin looks slightly oily. It looks really nice with a thin layer of powder over it - I use Alima Satin Matte Foundation and it covers the excess shine while leaving a bit of the "glow".

Overall, I don't love it enough to call it HG, but I certainly would not mind looking for this if I fail at finding something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by minmy13

I have been using this BB cream for almost 1 year as heard so many raved reviews on Missha bb cream. However, there are not many reviews on Cho Bo Yang one.I still decided to give it a try due to its non-comedogenic claim ( feel safe when using that).
- Packaging : is quiet hygenic and travel-friendly
- Texture: i have to say the texture is creamy and a bit thick. Yet it blends easily and feel quiet hydrated. Definitely a little goes a long way, there is still more than half of bottle left even though i have been using it for quiet long time.
- It doesnt break me out which is a very good point. My skin is sensitive, combination and prone to break out. In summer, my skin tends to be in oily side and this BB doesnt help to control oiliness but doesnt make my skin shiny neither. The product claims about whitening and anti-wrinkle properties but i dont really believe in that.
- The price : is quiet high compared to other BB cream brands in Korea. I bought it at 46SGD and got 20 % discount at that time.
Overall, if there is sale on this product, i would like to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Devi83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new HG! I've tried a few bb creams in search for one that was just right, & I think this one is it! I got this in the lightest shade & it's a very good match for my fair, yellow toned skin. It has a slightly herbal smell that I think is lovely, but not overpowering. The texture is very thick, but it blends very easily & has excellent pigmentation. It dries to a beautiful dewey finish, without looking greasy or oily. It stays all day when set with a powder, & it takes very little product to make my skin look flawless. I love this & will purchase again & again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Pristina

Colour: extremely grey. A little too light for my NC20 skin
Coverage: full coverage. Covers up all redness and most acne and scars. Still requires concealer on darker blemishes.
Finish: Very matte. The grey cast provides a flat, mask-like finish and due to the full coverage, you definitely need some blush to add some colour back into your face
Lasting power/oil control: Oil control is low. Nose gets oily within an hour, maybe two if I'm lucky, cheeks oily after 2-3 hours. This then makes the BB cream separate a little and becomes patchy; not a good look.
Packaging: a lot cuter than what it looks like in pictures. Squeeze bottle is a plus, however, you can't see how much product is left
I think this product may have caused some breakouts. Not 100% sure, but not willing to try it again to see

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by michellemercier44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a little yellowish for my skin and thick! I do expect bb cream to cover slightly, but not "foundation" coverage by any means, this one is thick, it blends, but is much much thicker than other bb creams. So if you are looking for something blend fast and go with beautiful skin, this is not the one, this one is more like a foundation with moisturizing qualities

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this for my mom since it was recommended for older generations? However, when I ran out of mine, I gave this one a try and the coverage was amazing. The formula is very creamy as well. It is a little more on the grey side so people who don't like that may want to stay away from this. However, for me it was great and I had to get one for myself ;)