Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.4

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

on 1/21/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this is a very long review, but I hope it will help you to understand if this powder is something that will fit you or if this is a product you would only waste your money on.

I rushed a little bit into this buy as I reeeeally wanted to get a new powder foundation, so I went into the store, looked at Kanebo Cellular performance foundation (more finely milled than Total Finish), Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat de Chanel Compact (has gotten good reviews), YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder (has received good reviews), Laura Mercier Powder Foundation and Diorskin Forever and Nude. And for some reason I stopped on THE powder of all of these with the worst ratings... I don't think this is a bad powder foundation, but I do agree that it will NOT fit most people.

I don't have much I need to cover - just a little bit of pinkiness and hyperpigmentation, and even out my skin tone to match my neck. The SA applied this on me with a very big fluffy brush. After the SA applied it my skin looked beautiful, and I ended up just buying it, without wearing it around and thinking for at least a week (this IS an expensive product that shouldn't be bought without thinking first). It may in part be that the powder products I've till now tried from Dior have been so good. About 5 minutes into the wear of this my skin started to feel a little tight. I had already walked out of the store and began to regret the purchase thinking that this powder is probably for much oilier skin than mine. However, about 3 minutes later my skin no longer felt tight. The same happens to me always when applying this: first it feels a little tight, but the sensation goes away quickly.

I have light - NC15, very yellow toned skin and got this in 20, which is a little bit too dark (it goes a little orange, meaning it's too dark) - I would recommend this to people with skin tone NC20, maybe. I must warn you: if your skin isn't VERY yellow toned, you may have to pass on this one - there is quite a high probability it will be orange, because after this oxidizes it becomes even a little more yellow-toned than it initially is. This is quite confusing as the powder looks quite neutral in the pan. When something turns more orange-toned, it tends to look better on yellow than pink skin tones.

I have read some of the other less positive reviews about this and want to make some comments about them:
- this doesn't become orange on me if the colour isn't too dark. I have a very yellow undertone and dry skin - things oxidize much worse on oily skin. Another reason this doesn't oxidize on me is because I use so little of it.
- it doesn't dry my skin out. I moisturize very well and my skin isn't flaky. When it comes to flakiness, my experience is that all of the powders and most of the liquid foundations I have actually emphasizes flakes (and I have owned about 35 liquid, 7 cream and 7 powder foundations. Only the Skin79 - very siliconey foundation made flakes look less flaky)
- it does definitely NOT cake or sit in my pores. I apply lightly with a fluffy brush, and I have small pores. Even when my face sweats a little with this, it doesn't cake up. I can even apply this several times in the day without caking. BUT: I do agree that this WILL cake if you don't apply it lightly
- some people complain about the coverage, but I don't have problems with the coverage since I barely need any. Apply on dry skin - else it will cake and separate. This can be done by blotting the face with a paper tissue right before application.

PROS:
- I apply it in a thin layer and it looks VERY natural - you would probably not realize I have makeup on even if you looked at my face up close
- the colour matches my very yellow skin well
- it keeps the oils that come during the day very much easier to keep at bay - my skin is on the dry side though. You can see my skin get slightly oily, but I can even blot it away with the back of my hand if I need to
- it doesn't make my pores show up better/doesn't circle my pores
- it holds up well during the day and doesn't cake, but as said: I don't need much coverage, so I apply this pretty sparingly and a little less coverage during the day wouldn't make much difference to me

CONS:
- expensive
- a little bit of tight feeling after application (that goes away on me very fast + I have gotten used to it)
- it's a little heavy-feeling, even with a thin layer I can actually feel that there's something on my face. It's not bad on most of my face, but I definitely feel this powder on the area between my upper lip and nose
- it WILL oxidize (depending on how oily your skin is and how much you apply)
- this is not a con for me, but the coverage of this is light, and I don't think you can actually build it up to be a medium without it being heavy and caking up. Personally, I would never use a sponge to apply this powder to my face, but it may be the only way of actually getting medium coverage out of this, but again: it will not look good
- the colour selection is, obviously, bad because it seems to fit only one type of skin tone perfectly + oxidizes
- I have sensitive skin that seems to react a little to this. May it be the sodium alginate?
- Would not use it as a powder for summer as I feel a little hot under it even when the temperatures aren't high
- not for oily skin

Who would like this:
- yellow undertone
- small pores
- normal skin type
- not flaky skin
- needs just a little coverage (light, light medium)
- not sensitive skin
- not for very warm seasons
- doesn't have tendency to sweat or get oily much during the day
- wants long-lasting, natural looking makeup
- cannot say how this would work for older skin
People with skin like that tend to be able to wear almost anything, and the only reason they don't is because some things aren't long-lasting or wrong colour or not finely enough milled. Is this the best powder? Not for me. Is it worth it? Up to you

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I'm guessing the new version of this is called the Flawless Perfection.

I have dry skin if that makes a difference, I'm seeing that most people who didn't like it or complain that it oxidizes have oily skin. A lot of make up oxidizes on oily skin. I'm just sayin'.

I used this over my Diorskin Nude liquid foundation. This powder was just ok. It wasn't horrible, but it isn't the best for me. I have come to realize that I need to stick with mineral make up. But that is just because of my skin type.

The color I chose was perfect for my complexion (in Dior it is 20). But it was just a little bit cakey like others have mentioned. I tried applying it with every kind of brush or sponge that I could find, and it still looked like a little too much make up for me. I don't like to look made up. Even my husband commented on it and he never notices stuff like that.

In the end I returned it to Sephora. For the price I couldn't justify keeping it since I wasn't in love with it or anything.

on 11/6/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this after having a losing battle with drugstore powder foundations-- they almost all break me out (or just suck). The Nordstrom Dior makeup counter recommended it to me and I bought it without checking MUA first... big mistake. I saw the good reviews for the old version on here after purchasing and was excited about using it; however, no matter how I applied the product to my face (sponge, brush, with different moisturizers and sunscreens) it ended up looking disgusting after only a few hours. Any amount of dryness in my combination/oily skin was magnified and the only way to fix it was to take off all my makeup and start over. Definite ick and this will be returned ASAP.

PROS:
Color match was great for my very fair, neutral skin tone; didn't break me out

CONS:
Made dry patches very noticeable; gathered in pores; looked like a clay mask on top of my skin.

Do not buy this...seriously.

on 6/22/2012 11:29:00 AM

I wasn't looking for a powder foundation but somehow the SA showed me this one and I love it. I have it in 40 and it's perfect for the summer. I've hit pan and have a back up already. Yes, a bit on the expensive side but this is where I have to problem with the cost if the expectations are met. I have combo skin. It stays put all day, no shine, no retouching and make my skin looks flawless.

on 5/19/2012 3:53:00 AM

I use this compact mainly as a setting powder on top my foundations. I'm an NC30 and got #30 (medium beige). Looked dark on the pan but it went on nicely on my skin. I haven't used it solely as a foundation yet only to set my liquid foundation.

The quality of the powder is nice and smooth which I like in comparison to my other compacts (lancome, MAC, shiseido). It did not oxidise on my skin however you must moisturise your skin prior to using this as if you have combo skin like me (dry patchy areas) it will definately accentuate it. It covers my pores and feels light on my skin.

I have sensitive skin aswell and it did not cause any irritation or afterwards redness when I took it off.

Overall, it is an expensive foundation and I personally like it. Very expensive but I don't wear makeup that often so it's not a big deal for me.

on 5/12/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the WORST powder foundation I've ever used! It was heavy, CAKEY, and powdery! It sunk into every pore and made me look like I had dry, jaundiced, OLD skin. I used to use the older formulation of this product and it was WORLDS better than this garbage. Thank God I got it at Macy's... took it back and exchanged it for Diorskin Nude liquid. Much better. Don't waste your money!

on 5/2/2012 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yet another "no" to repurchasing from me. I an drawn towards Dior make up in general, but I can't get any of the foundations to work for me for one reason: they oxidise like nobody's business! The only one that doesn't, is the loose Nude Glow, which is divine. The Diorskin Forever powder foundation was unfortunately no exception, and although the result looks good for 15 minutes or so, after some time it turns into an hideous, orange shade. Also, I find the colours quite yellow, even 020, which is normally my perfect shade, is quite yellow in this powder. Otherwise, it's your typical run-of-the-mill powder foundation; quite light, buildable coverage, skinlike finish and it is also quite longlasting on my dry skin. If it just hadn't oxidised, I would probably repurchase. Now, I'll have to continue my search, and I suspect that either Kanebo or La Prairie will be the next one to try.

on 3/27/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect. I recommend this for very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I break out with 95% of foundations out there, even oil-free. With talc and bismuth oxychloride in the ingredients, I was nervous. They must be small concentrations, as my skin has no issues at all since using this. It has spf 25, is water-resistant, extremely long-wearing, nice coverage, transfer resistant, makes pores look invisible and is very natural looking. I usually don't get compliments on my skin, but have been receiving lots lately (really?). I'm very combination and this is perfect- doesn't accentuate dry spots and controls oil. For pale girls, the ivory is a great, neutral shade. No oxidization at all on me, and I'm vampire-pale. It works even better with Hourglass primer. I really like this and will continue to buy!

on 2/24/2012 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite powder foundation by far. It's blendable, velvety, feels luxurious, and provides a finish that is lovely without being cakey or that annoying "powdery" look. It's comfortable and light to wear.
The packaging is pretty, but I really preferred the old packaging which was rather more efficient. Oh, well. I've repeat-purchased this four times already and plan to keep doing so.
Only downside are the limited shades.

on 2/16/2012 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I was out of my Hello Flawless by Benefit, so while in Sephora I was standing in a line up when this beautiful compact caught my eye. I have fair skin with lots of rosasea redness and scarring. I usually top my fd with a powder fd on top to achieve an even skin surface. I snatched it and it seemed to go very smoothly. Conveniently there was a Dior rep who quickly colormatched me. So I got this instead. First of all the packaging is gorgeous, you can proudly pull it out in public, it comes in a velvety pouch too, also you can buy refills online I believe (you kind of push out the pan). SPF 25,great for a powder fd. That's it for good staff.
The bad is ugly. The colormatch was good, but the color had a grey hue to it that made me look sick. I notice that with lots of SPF loaded powder FDs.
I keep using it for 2months, thinking that I was bad at applying my liquid foundation or bad primer, not enough moisturizer, too much moisturizer (I got creative as you can see). Until I switched this product for Laura Mercier version. Only then I had a reality check. This powder oxidized tremendously on my oily skin. I looked like a corpse. Thanks, I can achieve the same effect for cheap, without costing an arm and a leg. If you are on a tight budget try Dream Matt by Maybeline (awesome coverage, no caking at all, big flaw - clogging if used daily). Can afford to splurdge - Laura Mercier powder fd or MUFE Duo Mat.