November 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I wasn't looking for a powder foundation but somehow the SA showed me this one and I love it. I have it in 40 and it's perfect for the summer. I've hit pan and have a back up already. Yes, a bit on the expensive side but this is where I have to problem with the cost if the expectations are met. I have combo skin. It stays put all day, no shine, no retouching and make my skin looks flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by helloju

I use this compact mainly as a setting powder on top my foundations. I'm an NC30 and got #30 (medium beige). Looked dark on the pan but it went on nicely on my skin. I haven't used it solely as a foundation yet only to set my liquid foundation.

The quality of the powder is nice and smooth which I like in comparison to my other compacts (lancome, MAC, shiseido). It did not oxidise on my skin however you must moisturise your skin prior to using this as if you have combo skin like me (dry patchy areas) it will definately accentuate it. It covers my pores and feels light on my skin.

I have sensitive skin aswell and it did not cause any irritation or afterwards redness when I took it off.

Overall, it is an expensive foundation and I personally like it. Very expensive but I don't wear makeup that often so it's not a big deal for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by abfabjack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the WORST powder foundation I've ever used! It was heavy, CAKEY, and powdery! It sunk into every pore and made me look like I had dry, jaundiced, OLD skin. I used to use the older formulation of this product and it was WORLDS better than this garbage. Thank God I got it at Macy's... took it back and exchanged it for Diorskin Nude liquid. Much better. Don't waste your money!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yet another "no" to repurchasing from me. I an drawn towards Dior make up in general, but I can't get any of the foundations to work for me for one reason: they oxidise like nobody's business! The only one that doesn't, is the loose Nude Glow, which is divine. The Diorskin Forever powder foundation was unfortunately no exception, and although the result looks good for 15 minutes or so, after some time it turns into an hideous, orange shade. Also, I find the colours quite yellow, even 020, which is normally my perfect shade, is quite yellow in this powder. Otherwise, it's your typical run-of-the-mill powder foundation; quite light, buildable coverage, skinlike finish and it is also quite longlasting on my dry skin. If it just hadn't oxidised, I would probably repurchase. Now, I'll have to continue my search, and I suspect that either Kanebo or La Prairie will be the next one to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG. I had no idea a face powder could be so luxurious. I wasn't even really shopping for powder, but I was playing with the Addict Lipsticks and this caught my eye. I ended up splurging on it!

This makes my skin look amazing and natural while concealing redness and blotches. I'm having a clear skin moment, though, and I don't know how it will cover acne. This powder makes my face SO SOFT. I actually color-matched myself and then ran over to my friend and made her touch my face. It is amazing! It didn't oxidize on me either, and the powder held up on me all day (I am not oily-skinned). I can't believe I am willing to pay this much for a powder, but I think this is my new HG!

ETA: I'm not using this anymore because I just can't get a good match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect. I recommend this for very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I break out with 95% of foundations out there, even oil-free. With talc and bismuth oxychloride in the ingredients, I was nervous. They must be small concentrations, as my skin has no issues at all since using this. It has spf 25, is water-resistant, extremely long-wearing, nice coverage, transfer resistant, makes pores look invisible and is very natural looking. I usually don't get compliments on my skin, but have been receiving lots lately (really?). I'm very combination and this is perfect- doesn't accentuate dry spots and controls oil. For pale girls, the ivory is a great, neutral shade. No oxidization at all on me, and I'm vampire-pale. It works even better with Hourglass primer. I really like this and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite powder foundation by far. It's blendable, velvety, feels luxurious, and provides a finish that is lovely without being cakey or that annoying "powdery" look. It's comfortable and light to wear.
The packaging is pretty, but I really preferred the old packaging which was rather more efficient. Oh, well. I've repeat-purchased this four times already and plan to keep doing so.
Only downside are the limited shades.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was out of my Hello Flawless by Benefit, so while in Sephora I was standing in a line up when this beautiful compact caught my eye. I have fair skin with lots of rosasea redness and scarring. I usually top my fd with a powder fd on top to achieve an even skin surface. I snatched it and it seemed to go very smoothly. Conveniently there was a Dior rep who quickly colormatched me. So I got this instead. First of all the packaging is gorgeous, you can proudly pull it out in public, it comes in a velvety pouch too, also you can buy refills online I believe (you kind of push out the pan). SPF 25,great for a powder fd. That's it for good staff.
The bad is ugly. The colormatch was good, but the color had a grey hue to it that made me look sick. I notice that with lots of SPF loaded powder FDs.
I keep using it for 2months, thinking that I was bad at applying my liquid foundation or bad primer, not enough moisturizer, too much moisturizer (I got creative as you can see). Until I switched this product for Laura Mercier version. Only then I had a reality check. This powder oxidized tremendously on my oily skin. I looked like a corpse. Thanks, I can achieve the same effect for cheap, without costing an arm and a leg. If you are on a tight budget try Dream Matt by Maybeline (awesome coverage, no caking at all, big flaw - clogging if used daily). Can afford to splurdge - Laura Mercier powder fd or MUFE Duo Mat.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by pammie0415

I was sent a sample size of this compact when I ordered a bunch of other makeup online. And it sat in my drawer for the longest time until recently when I finally decided to try it out. I was quite pleasantly surprised! Usually, I have a really hard time finding the perfect foundation shade because I'm very fair skin Asian but I have neutral (slightly cool leaning) undertone. NC20 is way too yellow for me and NW20 is too pink. Usually, I just mix NW15 and NC20 together. Anyway, back to this product. I love it because it's the perfect shade for me. It's really by far the best match I've found for my skin and funny how it was just a lucky match because I first got it in sample form. I'm #20 in Diorskin Forever and it really looks like my natural skin color. The only downside about this is that it does show the dry patches I tend to have around my nose during winter. But then again, powder foundation tends to be drier than liquid foundations. I know a lot of girls find the shade range quite limiting but for me it's perfect. I'm really glad I've found my match and I'm gonna try the liquid foundation next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my second compact of this powder. It covers well, it helps my oily skin stay a little matte, its not cakey or dry looking on the skin, the colors are good AND it doesnt break me out EVER. It even has a sunscreen. I have tried many other powder foundations, this is the best for my oily skin that loves to break out. Its wonderful stuff, give it a try.