Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 1/8/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a color that is very mature and wearable- a bit more pigmented than a gloss, and very creamy feeling on the lips. Subtle.

on 12/2/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The formula is nice on this one. Feels silky and has a little shine to it. I like that it has no glitter or shimmer like my Berry Smoothie. This lip butter is not as intense as a gloss but almost there with a hint of a wet balm look and more subtle. I do not like to wear this color on its own because on my naturally red lips it looks way too brown and dark.

I prefer to wear it over a light pink such as Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Primrose. This way looks so much better on me and makes a gorgeous color! I love mixing the two colors together. If you own both, try mixing the two colors. I also like to wear a nude gloss over Pink Truffle such as Zoya Hot Lips - Flirt. Which lightens Pink Truffle up also.

The package is pretty good too and looks cute. Nicely sealed shut in the store. I really only prefer to buy lip products that are sealed closed so no one can open them. The product seems like it could melt very easily but I always keep this with me on the go and for like 6 months or more it has never melted but I'm sure it could.

on 10/21/2014 2:10:00 PM

I've found myself about to start a review of this lip butter several times, only to abandon the effort because I find it so boring. And yet...I reach for this almost every day. If it's not the lip color I started the day off with, it will probably be the one I refresh with, or something I'll throw on later in the day when the energy to look perfect is gone but I still want to look polished. Or if I can't find my lip balm. Or if it's Sunday and I'm just running to the store. Or I have nothing on and know my mother will tell me to put some color on my face. You get the picture.

Pink Truffle is a balmy pink-brown, more brown on my pigmented lips. Wears evenly for a couple of hours. Cheap and easy to reapply. Doesn't dehydrate my lips (I'm not fully convinced it's moisturizing either though, but will provide a slippery layer on the lips for balm-aholics). Will quite literally complement most of your makeup looks, barring a bold lip. It's just good to have around. even if it's kinda boring ;)

Pinky browns are my go to lipcolor. This is pretty swatched on my hand, but I don't see a lot of color on my lips. I use it when I want to smooth and shine over a lip pencil that I've lined and filled in with. Or its a good mirror-less touch up of balm when my lipstick starts feeling dry. On it's own there's not much color on my pigmented lips.

on 10/17/2014 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

A favorite for everyday.
I love this for work or anytime really.
It is a nice pinky brown that is wearable with my looks.
Feels nice on the lips too.

on 10/2/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first lip butter from Revlon - and it's a really good product! The formula is creamy and moisturizing, the price is right (BOGO 1/2), easily available and I really liked the color. This is a nice darker shade of my natural lipcolor, so it looks really nice and neutral but polished. This is not a super long-lasting formula, but it does last a decent amount of time. I was actually trying to get the Fig Jam color but they were out. Glad I tried it, I would buy this again when I run out!

on 10/1/2014 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Can I first say the packaging is so beautiful! It screams, fabulous! I love when brands think about aesthetic of the product because it makes a difference. When I go through my two dozen of lip products that I have in my purse, (yes I said two dozen) this one definitely stands out from the rest.

Now for the actual product on the other hand. These lip butters set the standard for practical yet pigmented products. When I bought my first tube of Pink Truffle, I thought I was complete in what I thought was the never ending crusade in finding a MLBB color. It's a pinkish-rosy brown color which is a great pinkish nude for tan skin tones. It doesn't wash me out and goes great with pretty much anything whether if it's a neutral look or with a heavy eye look.

Then as other brands jumped on the bandwagon, they were coming out with different consistencies and colors similar to Pink Truffle which changed my preference. I gave mine away when I found the Clinique Chubby Sticks and the Burts Bee's tinted balms because the texture was thicker and not as greasy as the Lip Butters.

The product's name is actually as its description states. Ultimately it depends on your preference. If you like the slippery texture, then you'll love the lip butter. If you're expecting more of a thicker, moisturizing lip product, you may not be keen of it.

on 8/23/2014 11:36:00 PM

I have these in Red Velvet and Fig Jam- 2, one for home, one for my purse; I thought a nice neutral pink would round out the color spectrum nicely, so I grabbed Pink Truffle the other day at Target. I had been considering it, and as it was on sale couldn't resist. I was so happy with my choice- with a pink balm you can't really go wrong! I had been so pleased with the other two shades, and this one did not disappoint. I had started out with L'Oreal Le Balm, but was more intrigued by the Revlon shades, plus I love the packaging- Revlon seems to be adding Chanel touches- see my Whipped Colorstay Foundation review- the quilted design on the Lip Butter case is def a Chanel-y touch..Hmmm, will have to look for others- gold chains, perhaps ??! Would definitely repurchase, i.e., have an extra on hand !

on 8/20/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is MLBB with my pale lips and NC20 skin, just like so many others have said. It's not an exciting color, but it's the most useful of my 12 Lip Butters. Unlike many RLB shades, it doesn't catch and appear lighter on chapped areas.

RLBs vary so much in color payoff that it's hard to make assumptions based on one color. And the formula/packing has major flaws (way too soft for a twist-tube) But if you're still curious, I'd recommend starting with this shade.

on 8/5/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pretty MLBB color. I don't really care for yuong looking packaging of lip butters but I do like the look and feel. Pretty medium pinkish brown, looks very natural and is soft.

Popular Lipsticks