October 25, 2014 | 1522 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This is AWESOME! The trick to translucent powder as others have said, is to press a VERY little but of powder onto the skin with the applicator as needed. Do not saturate the sponge and then wipe it across your face or it'll look ridiculous. I use this to set my foundation and to blot throughout the day as needed. It doesn't add any noticeable color and it doesn't oxidize at all. This is pretty much a dupe for any expensive blot powder be it MAC or Urban Decay (minus the lavender hue obvs) at literally next to nothing. I have "reactive" skin and this doesn't bother it. No cysts, doesn't cause more oil (like MAC Studio Fix) and doesn't seem to clog my pores. Overall I'm really impressed with this stuff. I would buy it again!

EDIT: Started to break me out... this usually happens with prolonged use of things I love... *sigh* It's still a three because I think it would be great for those without sensitive skin, I just won't repurchase myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lyssabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! You can't beat the price, and the finish is great on my super white skin :) Even the lighest coloured pressed powders are almost always too dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A few weeks ago I ran out of my favorite pressed powder, Mac Mineralized Finish. So I decided to use my moms, she is notorious for buying cheap makeup that makes her face look super cakey. Expecting the worst I tried it. It actually look pretty good on my skin. My mom also has very fair skin, while I have a natural tan, Luckily it is translucent. It kept me matte on my nose and worked well with my HG foundation, Revlon Color-stay. I have bought a pan of this and am very pleased, it is a GREAT price.In retrospect I'm glad I gave this product a chance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. Too often I've bought "translucent" powder and it goes on too chalky and light on my NC42 complexion. This one mattifies my oily skin and blends right in without making me pale. Plus it's so cheap! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the price I love this stuff, staple product. Very light and natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down the WORST powder I've ever tried. I love the NYC loose translucent powder, but since the packaging of that one kinda sucks I decided to try the pressed form. I used it about 2 or 3 times and then woke up one morning with breakouts over my forehead and upper cheeks. Like others have said, it also made my foundation look really cakey despite the fact that I always only apply setting powder with a light hand. Also, the smell is awful. Despite it being brand new, it smelled expired. I cannot recommend staying away from this enough. Cheap or not, I still returned it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I did not like this pressed powder, it made my make up look cakey every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I'm usually a die hard Coty Airspun girl but I was having trouble figuring out loose powder in my vintage compact, so I bought this and depotted it to stick in there. It compares favorably with Airspun -- I swatched them side by side on my hand and this one is just as silky and finely milled. I would say it's not quite as invisible as Airspun translucent and has to be patted and finessed a bit more but it's pretty stinkin good for about $2. I am pretty pale but by no means the fairest person I know, and the Translucent works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I regret buying this because of the chalk-look I achieved after using it.
I wish I had bought a colored finishing powder instead from this brand.
Will not repurchase.
Don't even know who this product would work for.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fishiebubble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gives me quite a white sheen, even after giving myself a light dusting of the stuff.

Its ok I guess, however I'd probably go for a slightly tinted finishing powder next time to avoid the chalky face look.