July 24, 2014 | 2125 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. Too often I've bought "translucent" powder and it goes on too chalky and light on my NC42 complexion. This one mattifies my oily skin and blends right in without making me pale. Plus it's so cheap! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the price I love this stuff, staple product. Very light and natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down the WORST powder I've ever tried. I love the NYC loose translucent powder, but since the packaging of that one kinda sucks I decided to try the pressed form. I used it about 2 or 3 times and then woke up one morning with breakouts over my forehead and upper cheeks. Like others have said, it also made my foundation look really cakey despite the fact that I always only apply setting powder with a light hand. Also, the smell is awful. Despite it being brand new, it smelled expired. I cannot recommend staying away from this enough. Cheap or not, I still returned it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I did not like this pressed powder, it made my make up look cakey every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

I'm usually a die hard Coty Airspun girl but I was having trouble figuring out loose powder in my vintage compact, so I bought this and depotted it to stick in there. It compares favorably with Airspun -- I swatched them side by side on my hand and this one is just as silky and finely milled. I would say it's not quite as invisible as Airspun translucent and has to be patted and finessed a bit more but it's pretty stinkin good for about $2. I am pretty pale but by no means the fairest person I know, and the Translucent works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I regret buying this because of the chalk-look I achieved after using it.
I wish I had bought a colored finishing powder instead from this brand.
Will not repurchase.
Don't even know who this product would work for.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fishiebubble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gives me quite a white sheen, even after giving myself a light dusting of the stuff.

Its ok I guess, however I'd probably go for a slightly tinted finishing powder next time to avoid the chalky face look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by makeupchameleon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this product because it is really cheap but it is one of the best things i have ever bought. i use it every day and it is a good thing to just keep in your purse to touch up your face throughout the day!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by jesslovescurry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for a dollar cause I was no where near a decent place to find makeup. I suggest you apply this with a brush or sacrifice looking like you're on coke. Overall, I was impressed that it kept me matte for an hour (I have extremely oily skin). But this product is filled with parabens and made me break out for the first time in a year. I just bought this for fun at a humongous dollar store I was having too much fun at. My skin is sensitive and it's worth spending $30 for a foundation that won't break you out but keep the skin healthier and match your skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I struggle with a very oily tzone year round but also deal with all over oliness in the summer. I must have a travel friendly shine control powder on me and I always go from brand to brand. I've used this cheap powder in the past with no complaints. I feel that it does a decent job controlling my oil. I wouldn't say that this is longwear, I usually have to reapply throughout the day. The texture is not the best but considering it is a $2 powder, I'm not expecting HE finely miled quality. As for the finish, there is a trick to apply translucent white powder. Never rub/smear the puff of powder in big circles all over your face which I've done in the past. You will get casper face by doing this. When working with translucent powder, always start off with a little and build upon that. Start with a tiny smidge on the puff and pat on the oil spot firmly and roll the puff in a upward motion. The oil spot will be matte and you will not see a white cast by doing this technique. I'm NC40 and by applying this powder the correct way, I don't get a white face. Also, be patient when applying any white shine control powder. Take your time to pat and roll on each oily section until your face is at your desired matte level. For the price, you can't beat it but if you are looking for a more refined texture in a face powder, I would suggest something like Shiseido's translucent powder.