New York Color Instant Lash Mascara

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Epic fail for me. I have straight stubborn lashes. This didn't hold a curl, didn't seem to do anything to my lashes in terms of length or or thickness and it appeared to have very little pigment. Don't understand what the hype is about this mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product was my HG for a long time. It is not much of thickening mascara but it allows length for days lol. Its long non synthetic brush allows for each eyelash to be coated evenly with the right amount of product to precisely elongate the lashes to your exact liking. You also have the option to layer the mascara to create even more drama. This mascara is a steal for short lashes and longer hairs alike. The drawback for me was the that is was not waterproof, but if that does not bother you, I would say gamble 98 cents at you local wal-mart and give this baby a try!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this mascara for $1.47 at Walmart. It was really inexpensive and I'm just starting out with makeup so I was like "Why not just try this out?" and I was really impressed. The wand works great, the formula isn't too thick, and the packaging it well made. It doesn't clump easily and I like the way it makes my eyes look. :) Great mascara for any makeup beginners out there!

I'm going through a bit of a mascara-buying phase right now and am currently trying out several. Instant Lash was my most recent purchase.

This is a great mascara if you are looking for something that gives a YLBB (Your Lashes but Better) look. Very natural. I found the color to be not as intense as other black mascaras. I would call it a soft black.

Pros: It separates and defines well. Lashes look soft. Removed easily. Did not transfer and dries fast. No smudgies. Perfect amount of product on brush (that's a pet-peeve of mine........too much product that I end up wasting because I wipe it on a tissue).

Cons: I am a volume-girl and still did not get anywhere close to the volume I wanted, even after four coats. Since there are other mascaras that volumize AND define better, this is not one I will reach for to accomplish that goal.

Overall, I found this to be a very similar look to Maybeline's Full & Soft. If I was in the market for a natural, softer look without worrying about volume, I would purchase this over the F&S, simply because it performs as well and is quite a lot cheaper.

I'm going to try this again with my Cils primer to see if the combo will work (I figure the cost of Cils is cancelled out by the inexpensiveness of NYC).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Awesome stuff! Was looking at other mascara reviews and happened to see this at the top of the list for top-rated mascaras on the right side of the page. Curious, I clicked, and saw that it was only $1 and a dupe for Defincils. I had to try it! I searched at Target, and they don't seem to carry it in the NYC display in my area. Checked at Walmart, and found it for only $1. The other NYC mascaras are $1.77 or more, but this one was only a single buck. Score!

This mascara doesn't clump. You can put on one or two layers for a natural look, or do 4 layers for a night out. It's not the most dramatic mascara, but it is nice to be able to tailor it to your needs for the day. It doesn't flake or smudge, even after wearing it for 12+ hours in the summer heat. The thin wand makes it easy to apply to bottom lashes. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this mascara. Try it out! It's great for those who are new to makeup, people who don't use it very often, drugstore divas, and high-end junkies alike.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This Mascara is OK. On my Lashes it clumps toward the outer Corner

This mascara is amazing. It's only a dollar, and gives better results then much more costly mascaras. It doesn't clump at all. I can add layer after layer and it never clumps. It also separates my lashes so well. This is my favorite mascara, and believe me i've tried almost EVERY mascara on the market. Who would have thought my favorite would be the $1.00 one. It's just simply amazing.

Best mascara i've ever used!! Transforms my stubby Asian lashes into beautiful long, separated, non-clumpy lashes! About $4-5 CAD but this is literally better than any high end brand ive tried. Love!!

Move over my beloved cheap Jordana this knocks you out of the park for a 1/3 of the already ridiculously low price. I tried this after reading the reviews and feeling frustrated with the Jordana for getting clumpy again really soon after purchasing it. I tried it on one eye with out my HG Dior Maxximizer and one eye with the Maxximer and I actually think its better without it. Then I tried it with the Instant lash on one eye and the Jordana on the other and I was astounded at the difference. I would never venture out with just the Jordana sans Maxximizer again. I have very sparse light blonde lashes and they looked crazy long and like I had a lot of them. The wand is very thin and easy to navigate around the bottom lashes, in fact I usually avoid my bottom lashes altogether because of how few of them I have but this made them look normal. It was $1 at my local Walmart.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I had to check out this mascara given the extremely cheap price point and the comparisons to Lancome's Definicils. (my all time favourite mascara)

This mascara's formula is more creamy and not as wet as Definicils and it does build impressive length. The thickness can be built with a few coats. It can clump if you go overboard with the coats.
I applied 3-4 coats (I have very thin, short lashes) and the end result was nice, long and defined lashes.
If money is tight, I'd use this as an alternative to Definicils.

Popular Mascaras