Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.5

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG HG HG!!! I used Kat Von D's tattoo liner for a long time and was looking for something that I didn't have to drive all the way to sephora to get. Thanks to MUA I found this little gem. It's creamy and I love the gel liner brush also by essence. I seriously can't get over the price. Midnight black, pigmented, crazy staying power and waterproof. For 3.50? I'll take ten. I can't believe I spent almost 30 dollars on an eyeliner pen now when this is way better and a fraction of the cost. THANK YOU ESSENCE!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The only other gel I tried was MAC blacktrack. I don't see a difference between the two other then the price. You get a large jar for under 5.00. It glides on smooth and lasts all day. I will buy again

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I can relate to the reviewer, RMCF. I bought a bad one. This stuff is horrible. I tossed it in the trash after one attempt to work with it. It was so dry. I mean dry like trying to scrape a rock. The color was extremely faded, matte and dark grey. No way is this what I expected after reading the glorious reviews. It skips over wrinkled areas and just looks bad. So frustrated because I love Essence in general. It was extremely hard to do a winged look using this and having small deep set eyes with slightly drooping aging lids. Dry cracked and matte. I hated this. I ended up buy L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Gel Liner 24H in Blackest Black and love it. So much better for aging eyes. **see my review for the L'Oreal liner**

[HOLY GRAIL - GEL LINER]

I have oily lids and most eyeliner disappears within a few hours but this gel liner stays on the whole day and barely smudges. I have tried multiple brands like Mac, TonyMoly but this is the only one that doesn't make me look like a panda by the end of the day.

PROS
-Super smooth and easy to use with brush when new
-Very pigmented
-Almost no smudging for oily lids
-Affordable
-Long Lasting (I've had mine for a year now and I'm only about half way done)

CONS
-Drys up eventually (Most liners do dry up so it's not a huge problem and I've personally nourished it with some cream and it works just as well)
-Could irritate sensitive eyes
-Waterline smudges too I only use this for the top lid

To sum up at least try this product and see if you like it. It won't hurt since it's so so affordable and so so good.

This eyeliner is not only affordable but it does not smudge and it's really waterproof. I've taken showers with it on because I forgot I had it on. Surprisingly it's not "heavy" on the lids so sometimes you forget you have it on. I've went through high end eyeliners such as Urban Decay, Tarte, Kat Von D and etc, none of them match up to this eyeliner's longevity and intensity.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

AMAZING if you're on a budget or you just want a spectacular product

PROs:
- affordable!!!!!!
- LONG LASTING
- easy to apply with a liner brush
- quality packaging with a glass container
- a lot of product for a small price
- stays black with no smudging or fading

CONs:
- VERY hard to remove
- dries out over time but this is no biggie for an affordable product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My absolute favourite eyeliner it was the very first one I ever got and looked it from day one. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore and I'm heartbroken. It does however smudge if applied to the tight line and water line but other than that it has never faulted me. I did try the stila stay all day liner and I can safely say it didn't even compare to the essence one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely a great product for the price tag. Glide on easily, just use a nice fine tip brush for it, and screw the cap tight to prevent drying quick.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This stuff is wonderful. My HG of gel liners and it's so affordable! It looks beautiful, stays all day with or without primer, doesn't fade or smudge, and can be used for a nice subtle line or a super dramatic cat eye. Love, love, love this stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm about 90% sure that I got a dud, because the product I bought does not match the descriptions of everyone else's products. When I bought mine, it was unsealed, so maybe that's why it was dry, greyish, cracking, and extremely difficult to apply. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes, and it does last a long time once I've managed to get it on. It's also really cheap, so cheap that it's worth checking out even if I'm wrong about having bought a dud. If you live in Canada and you're buying your products from Shoppers Drug Mart, I would suggest making sure the seal on the product isn't broken.

Top Rated Essence Products