Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 1/30/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Holy shit. This eyeliner is 2.99! It's super creamy and completely black. It's so versatile. It can be used as a gel eyeliner of course but can also be smudged on the lower lash line or for tightlining.

This has become my staple gel eyeliner.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Terrified that this was discontinued, I bought every single one that my ulta had left of this incredibly phenomenal eyeliner. The girl at the counter was like, "I heard this is good..."

She heard right. Thankfully, I heard wrong about the discontinuation (whew!), cos seriously y'all, nothing. NOTHING. lasts longer than this. Okay, perhaps tattooing might, but that's the only eyeliner I've not tried (and why bother, since essence isn't discontinued?)

If I could just find that elusive greyish shade that receives rave reviews, maybe I could rest a little easier...sigh.

on 1/12/2015 8:43:00 AM

My new staple gel liner! At last I have found something cheap that works. The liner is opaque and doesn't smear or smudge on me, it's perfect! I can't say how long it lasts before it dries up as I haven't had mine for that long yet, but at a price of $5, it's cheap enough to repurchase without feeling like I've wasted so much money. Macs fluidline used to be my staple but seeing as this is a dupe for it at such a lower price, essence gel liner is my new fave. It has been awhile since I've used my Mac so I'm not sure, but I think the Macs might be a richer/darker black, but the essence is already fantastically pigmented itself that it doesn't bother me. I have previously tried macs fluidline, bobbi browns gel liner, as well as inglots amc 77 liner, and l'oreal infallible, and essence really takes the cake as far as being opaque and not smudging (which I seem to have a problem with when using inglots and loreals, bbs just wasn't dark enough for me). I have somewhat oily lids and it stays on a day for me, I would definitely recommend it. Packagings not all that great, it's plastic, but with such a great and cheap product, who cares?

on 1/1/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Hands down, the best formulation for gel eyeliner. It does not budge (though I need a primer as I have oily eyelids). A true opaque black. I have never stirred away from it.

on 11/25/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is definitely worth it! It costs $5-6 at Ulta and often goes on perfectly and stays on. It is an inky black that is usually used best with a winged eyeliner brush. I normally don't do the flick, just a clear dark line to define my eyelids. When you hardly think of how great a product is and keep buying it when you run out, that is when you realize that it has stood the test of time. The only difficulty I have with it is that it happens to be hard to remove, but that means that it's a good thing!

If you're looking for a basic black gel eyeliner, I would highly recommend this one!

on 11/21/2014 5:05:00 AM

Better than my Bobbi Brown as the application is smoother and creamier. Just as pigmented. Would defo buy again, but Priceline seems to have stopped stocking it :'(

on 11/20/2014 1:12:00 PM

Hands down best gel eyeliner I've ever used. An added bonus is that it's SO CHEAP- I've had mine for 2 years+ and it hasn't dried up or changed consistency at all. Glides on super creamy, and stays all day without smudging on me. I have only tried the black color, not sure if there's any variance in other shades, but the black is great quality in my opinion!

on 11/13/2014 5:30:00 PM

Very very creamy, very very black and very very long wearing. Plus the price is great. The packaging is very nice. In addition, the essence precise eyeliner brush is excellent to use with this product, and it is also very inexpensive. Overall, the two together make for a very precise, and easy liner.

on 11/12/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gel liner is great. it's the second time I purchase this product.
It last all day without fading, smudging, creasing. I don't ever use primer.
Once, I decided to wear it to the gym to test what would happen, because i never wear make-up to the gym. After 45 of cardio, it barely moved, just slightly faded, but really, that's amazing.
I used to buy mac fluidline, but this essence gel liner is 1/5 of the price and there more product in the jar. Conclusion, I don't see why I would pay more, for less product that does the exact same thing, with the same overall qualities. The only reason to go for mac fluidline is to get crazy colors, becasue I only seen essence available in black.

Pros:
Flat black,
well pigmented
Super creamy texture
Super cheap price tag
Nice cute little glass jar
Last all day without fading
Made in Germany, a big plus for me, I don't like cosmetics made in China.
No Parabens, this is a BIG plus for me. I'm trying to avoid products with parabens in them.

Cons:
I find its hard to remove. You really need to use a lot of make-up remover.
Dries up easily
Only one color available ( this is very minor problem )

on 10/28/2014 11:30:00 PM

I can't say much else that other reviewers haven't. Great product especailly at this price. I do suggest those with oily eyelids to definitely use primer and a setting spray when doing a winged look or thicker band of eyeliner as it can transfer if not left to dry long enough. Setting the liner with a black eye shadow also helps immensely.

Top Rated Essence Products