April 17, 2014 | 1949 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have really started to like the lip butters. So far I have "pink truffle", "berry smoothie", "candy apple", "fig jam", and now "red velvet". My skin tone is neutral/warm olive so I didn't think this product would suit because of the blue undertones, but the colour of this lip butter is actually bluish, brownish red. Perhaps because my natural lips look purple sometimes, this colour actually does suit my complexion. I like it that this product is more pigmented than the other lip butters. It does smear a lot, however. I will repurchase when I run out. Also, it is less drying than most lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by theMilkyNinja

I tried this out on a whim, and the color looks fantastic on me. The problem is the combination of how pigmented it is combined with how easily it can smear. Is this a trait of most lip butters?

I know this product isn't advertised as long lasting, but I'm almost afraid to wear it now with how easily it comes off. Very pretty, though... and the tube is designed so that it never opens by itself, it seems. Quality product, but I would try out others before repurchasing, I'm just half way through the tube and I bought it last fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

This is my fourth lip butter color -- maybe it was just my lip butter, but red velvet seems a lot heavier formula than the other lip butters I have tried (pink truffle, berry smoothie, cotton candy) and not as smooth to apply/moisturizing. This color is very pigmented compared to other lip butters, so purchase if you are looking for a heavily pigmented lipstick that doesn't moisturize as well as other lip butters instead of a tinted lip balm. I like how the other lip butters are formulated, so wouldn't repurchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw this on a blog of a lady with very similar color as me (hair, freckles, etc) and she liked this shade and looked lovely in it. I picked this up and it is now my go to red! Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a fan of many of the Lip Butters - Pink Truffle and Cherry Tart are my favourites - and Red Velvet is one I am happy to own. It is a dark red colour that I find vampy if applied normally from the tube. Being so pale, I tend to very lightly touch/brush the lipstick against my lips to make a very lovely darker cherry instead. It does not have any sparkle or glitter like a few of the other Lip Butters and feels quite moisturising. Because of the way I apply it, it generally only lasts an hour or so, and I would definitely recommend having a mirror when putting it on. It's a very noticeable colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ohbellaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love love love!!! Beautiful red lip. Can be applied lightly for a tint of color, or full on with a beautiful, big and bold red lip. Very moisturizing, but still stays put like a normal lipstick. I have about 6 different Lip Butters now, and non of them have disappointed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Wow! This product is amazing. It goes on sooo smoothly and makes your lips look buttery smooth. The pigmentation in this color especially is AMAZING - I would say it's borderline a very rich lipstick while still being as moisturizing as a lip balm. I highly recommend and will repurchase other lip butters as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color is divine. Not too deep red and not too brown. It is a lovely, moisturizing lip butter with minimal staying power. The consistency of this lip balm is quite soft; do not expose it to [too much] heat or it will get really messy. My first red velvet got warped in the tube & i had to purchase a second -- lesson: keep these suckers in a cool spot, always. This color will probably suit almost all complexions -- i think it is gorgeous & suits my olive/pale skin (& brown hair; green eyes). The color looks just like red velvet cake!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

First off, LOVED THE COLOR! this is such a beautiful color, that looks great on the lips. the amount of pigment and moisture that goes in to the lips is on point. The lasting power, I have to say it won't stay all day, but maybe like a couple hours at most. It is deifinitely one that needs touching up. But i mean, come on--this is one that actually moisturizes!!! The packaging however, I felt was a little messy. I don't know, it's never really happened to me, but this got messy really fast. i got on to the sides of the container, and on to my fingers, as well as the lid. I have no idea how it got there, because I would wind is down so that none of the product would be out, but it just got messy. so i thought, "maybe it was just this one" nope...i bought another one, and it got messy too. Weird...i like to keep things clean, so its not like im throwing it around and messing with it a ton. But other than that--great product, and you should definitely try it if you're looking for a nice lip color. Also the price isn't too bad, I bought mine for about $7, but then I thought to myself--this is basically a lip balm and lipstick in one, so what the heck, thats not half bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ladypamela1

This is a great formula at a great price to try some colors you normally pass on - like this one, a true red. It's a balmy, smooth formula with very decent staying power and the color, although a true red is very forgiving and can be built up with more than one coat. It wears off evenly too, and is not one bit drying.