August 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So close yet so far..It's that time of year, when I dapple in deeper lip colors, as I look at the changing color of the leaves and the prospect of holiday shopping and Christmas trees. Nothing is more festive than a well-done red lip. Being as fair as I am, I stay away from bold blue or orange based reds. "Red Velvet" is a brownish red. It looks great with my hair color (auburn) and pale skin. Nothing clownish about this shade. Unfortunately, this formula is unlike the other Lip Butters which feel moisturizing on the lips. "Red Velvet" made my lips feel dry and uncomfortable. I was conscious of this product the whole time I was wearing. It's a shame because it is such a beautiful, wearable red but I just can't take the feeling on my lips. I am now sporting Laura Mercier "Maple" lip color. A similar color without the drying effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I've been on a real red lip kick as of late. This is odd considering I used to wear nothing but sheer, light, nude colors. I love this shade though! It's dark enough to be striking yet wearable and not clown-y on me. The formula is incredible. It's so moisturizing! It wears off very evenly too. It doesn't bleed outside my lip line either. This is a lovely color, and so affordable too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous neutral red that would look good on anyone. Leaves lips feeling soft and not dried out as most lipsticks tend to do. I would HIGHLY recommend wearing a liner with this..It's a step I don't usually take and this lipstick found lines around my lips that are normally not noticeable and bled into them which baffled the $h!t out of me. I will definitely look into other shades in this line but this particular shade just isn't for me..I'm more of a YLBB/neutral girl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Applies and wears off evenly. While it has the best staying power it is also the driest I have tried from the brand. although nothing some clear gloss wouldn't solve if that is an issue for you. I don't mind it. The color is a classy warm red which doesn't look in any way severe. It seems to make my teeth appear whiter and my lips more sensual looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got this on sale for 4.95, suuuper deal since theyre usually like 8-9$
really beautiful color, and feels great on the lips, u can apply sheer or a couple of layers for a beautiful deep red. i think the name Red Velvet is very appropriate.
love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have really started to like the lip butters. So far I have "pink truffle", "berry smoothie", "candy apple", "fig jam", and now "red velvet". My skin tone is neutral/warm olive so I didn't think this product would suit because of the blue undertones, but the colour of this lip butter is actually bluish, brownish red. Perhaps because my natural lips look purple sometimes, this colour actually does suit my complexion. I like it that this product is more pigmented than the other lip butters. It does smear a lot, however. I will repurchase when I run out. Also, it is less drying than most lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by theMilkyNinja

I tried this out on a whim, and the color looks fantastic on me. The problem is the combination of how pigmented it is combined with how easily it can smear. Is this a trait of most lip butters?

I know this product isn't advertised as long lasting, but I'm almost afraid to wear it now with how easily it comes off. Very pretty, though... and the tube is designed so that it never opens by itself, it seems. Quality product, but I would try out others before repurchasing, I'm just half way through the tube and I bought it last fall.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

This is my fourth lip butter color -- maybe it was just my lip butter, but red velvet seems a lot heavier formula than the other lip butters I have tried (pink truffle, berry smoothie, cotton candy) and not as smooth to apply/moisturizing. This color is very pigmented compared to other lip butters, so purchase if you are looking for a heavily pigmented lipstick that doesn't moisturize as well as other lip butters instead of a tinted lip balm. I like how the other lip butters are formulated, so wouldn't repurchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw this on a blog of a lady with very similar color as me (hair, freckles, etc) and she liked this shade and looked lovely in it. I picked this up and it is now my go to red! Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a fan of many of the Lip Butters - Pink Truffle and Cherry Tart are my favourites - and Red Velvet is one I am happy to own. It is a dark red colour that I find vampy if applied normally from the tube. Being so pale, I tend to very lightly touch/brush the lipstick against my lips to make a very lovely darker cherry instead. It does not have any sparkle or glitter like a few of the other Lip Butters and feels quite moisturising. Because of the way I apply it, it generally only lasts an hour or so, and I would definitely recommend having a mirror when putting it on. It's a very noticeable colour!