Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

4.3

on 12/4/2013 11:21:00 PM

I absolutely love this color. I was I'm search for the perfect red lip that was okay to wear in normal places, and ughh this one is beautiful. It looks good on any skin tone, and the consistency is perfectly smooth and non drying. This color definitely needs a lip liner though(for me at least) or it smudges. One thing I hate about the lip butters are the price. The cheapest one I've found was $8 and the most expensive was almost $11! Like it's not even a lipstick.. it's a half lipstick half lip balm, yet some places I've found it, its more expensive than their lipsticks. So annoying.

on 11/22/2013 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a beautiful shade of deep red! Its holiday time, and I was looking for a wearable warm red for my NW25 (medium olive) skin color, something that didnt make me feel like a clown but that was still a nice pop of color. After trying a few other Loreal and Revlon shades I finally found this gem. The color is a muted, deeper red.. almost a cranberry that is very flattering and beautiful. I love Revlon Lip butters! This is my 3rd color (besides sugar frosting and cotton candy) and I want more. I would definitely recommend Red Velvet.

on 11/9/2013 6:41:00 AM

So close yet so far..It's that time of year, when I dapple in deeper lip colors, as I look at the changing color of the leaves and the prospect of holiday shopping and Christmas trees. Nothing is more festive than a well-done red lip. Being as fair as I am, I stay away from bold blue or orange based reds. "Red Velvet" is a brownish red. It looks great with my hair color (auburn) and pale skin. Nothing clownish about this shade. Unfortunately, this formula is unlike the other Lip Butters which feel moisturizing on the lips. "Red Velvet" made my lips feel dry and uncomfortable. I was conscious of this product the whole time I was wearing. It's a shame because it is such a beautiful, wearable red but I just can't take the feeling on my lips. I am now sporting Laura Mercier "Maple" lip color. A similar color without the drying effect.

I've been on a real red lip kick as of late. This is odd considering I used to wear nothing but sheer, light, nude colors. I love this shade though! It's dark enough to be striking yet wearable and not clown-y on me. The formula is incredible. It's so moisturizing! It wears off very evenly too. It doesn't bleed outside my lip line either. This is a lovely color, and so affordable too!

on 9/12/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous neutral red that would look good on anyone. Leaves lips feeling soft and not dried out as most lipsticks tend to do. I would HIGHLY recommend wearing a liner with this..It's a step I don't usually take and this lipstick found lines around my lips that are normally not noticeable and bled into them which baffled the $h!t out of me. I will definitely look into other shades in this line but this particular shade just isn't for me..I'm more of a YLBB/neutral girl.

on 8/28/2013 4:18:00 PM

Applies and wears off evenly. While it has the best staying power it is also the driest I have tried from the brand. although nothing some clear gloss wouldn't solve if that is an issue for you. I don't mind it. The color is a classy warm red which doesn't look in any way severe. It seems to make my teeth appear whiter and my lips more sensual looking.

on 8/27/2013 11:26:00 PM

i got this on sale for 4.95, suuuper deal since theyre usually like 8-9$
really beautiful color, and feels great on the lips, u can apply sheer or a couple of layers for a beautiful deep red. i think the name Red Velvet is very appropriate.
love it

I have really started to like the lip butters. So far I have "pink truffle", "berry smoothie", "candy apple", "fig jam", and now "red velvet". My skin tone is neutral/warm olive so I didn't think this product would suit because of the blue undertones, but the colour of this lip butter is actually bluish, brownish red. Perhaps because my natural lips look purple sometimes, this colour actually does suit my complexion. I like it that this product is more pigmented than the other lip butters. It does smear a lot, however. I will repurchase when I run out. Also, it is less drying than most lipsticks.

I tried this out on a whim, and the color looks fantastic on me. The problem is the combination of how pigmented it is combined with how easily it can smear. Is this a trait of most lip butters?

I know this product isn't advertised as long lasting, but I'm almost afraid to wear it now with how easily it comes off. Very pretty, though... and the tube is designed so that it never opens by itself, it seems. Quality product, but I would try out others before repurchasing, I'm just half way through the tube and I bought it last fall.

on 8/15/2013 4:51:00 AM

This is my fourth lip butter color -- maybe it was just my lip butter, but red velvet seems a lot heavier formula than the other lip butters I have tried (pink truffle, berry smoothie, cotton candy) and not as smooth to apply/moisturizing. This color is very pigmented compared to other lip butters, so purchase if you are looking for a heavily pigmented lipstick that doesn't moisturize as well as other lip butters instead of a tinted lip balm. I like how the other lip butters are formulated, so wouldn't repurchase this one again.